Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
First slide shows phone records. The Lucas Bate phone calling Bosma, pinging off towers in same area as Millard phone. #Bosma

Was thinking when DM's defense said he even used his real name "Evan" then who is "Lucas Bate" his alter ego? The using his real name thing is phony baloney.

Susan Clairmont said that Leitch will give her his closing transcript so that it can be published. Dungey's wasn't written out, and Pillay said he might give it to her, but I guess he didn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm only beginning to read, very sorry if I'm interrupting or if this has been answered already. The official Court Reporter can transcribe the closing arguments, and it's up to the Court to decide whether a copy could be passed on to the media. Presumably, someone would have to pay the fees for a transcript in order to obtain a copy, though. If the lawyers consent to a release of their transcript then the media could pay for them. Doesn't seem fair to only have the Crown's closing..... JMO ...

They also aren't a SWAT team who can infiltrate a house and kill people living in separate locations (SB in the main floor and the tenant in his apartment) without one or the other calling the cops.

If there's 2 guns (as some believe) and 2 men and 2 witnesses, one can't go up, one can't go down?

Never thought that the deer could be LB- but that would fall into line with DM's cryptic style. Sick to the max- IMO, we have just spent 4 months sorting thru the actions of a egotistical, entitled, elitist psychopath and a glimpse into the world of those who idolize the power of money. I have no doubt that there are people alive today because these two have been in jail for 3 years. MOO

Sooooo true ...

MOO

Really? I think Leitch is doing a superb job. He is introducing and tying all the evidence together, but just as we all question the unknowns, he is offering strong and logical possibilities for the jury, because they are questioning all the unknowns as well.

MOO

I think he is doing a good job at connecting the dots of why they are both responsible based on their actual behavior rather than conjecture. It is so hard to know how if it feels in the room as the jury sits there. We now have a timeline based on texts and visuals that support both being guilty of 1st degree.

I will admit I was among those who thought maybe Smich was not guilty but now that I have read the tweets--I am in the camp that both are guilty of 1st degree based on actions before meeting TB and after they arrive back at the hangar. No one freaked. No one called on the other. No one said I am not going down for murder but I will take the fall for robbery and I am going to call the cops. Smich had said he was afraid for his life. He was in a car behind Millard--all he had to do was veer off and find a phone or call the police. He didn't. All Millard had to do was refuse to drive any further, keep the gun there and call the police --in order to not go down for murder. But both planned, executed and cleaned up-- my mind is made up.

Isn't that a wild leap? What happens if there's other people there that they dont know about?

It's a wild leap to say they wouldn't have eliminated witnesses. A man was eliminated for a truck. I don't take anything in this case as a "wild leap" really.
Wrapping my head around any part of why this is even a reality is mind boggling to me.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 29s29 seconds ago
Smich turns his phone back on in Oakville just before picking up his girlfriend, morning of May 7

Never heard this, always thought he turned it back on after he charged it back at his mom's.

MOO

Yes you are correct, he used DM's phone to reach MM 7:50, picked her up 8 am

Then "May 7 9:18 am Smich phone turned back on (flooded with messages), ping in Oakville."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hb6kEtpLa8cHCVorBuy4yqfHymGvhfHeM6s8QMWGVW8/pubhtml

There has been a lot of smoke and mirrors over the last couple of weeks, (which is not unexpected), as Smich and Millard have pleaded their cases and thrown out all their "stories". I too started questioning but then would go back to the opening statements and say to myself, "hold on; the evidence is there".

I think Leitch is doing a great job of taking the jury SYSTEMATICALLY through the evidence and making the evidence speak to the charges. Leitch's argument is putting all the pieces together for me and reminding me of the ACTUAL evidence not the fantasy tales that have been bandied about in the last little while.

I think he's in good shape for guilty as charged.

MOO

May 6: 7:40pm Millard texts Noudga: "I'm on my way to a mission now. If it's a flop I'll be done in 2 hrs. If it goes...it'll be an all nighter."
May 6: 11:34 pmMillard messages Noudga: "gonna be an all nighter."

I never really put two and two together on this until just now. To me this spells out that they had a plan to murder and that it was successful in the eyes of MS and DM. If it went well it was an all-nighter is how he explained it to CN.

The "flop" being two hours would account for the driving to and from the Bosma house and the test drive time.

I can't wait for the double guilty verdict.

May 6: 7:40pm Millard texts Noudga: "I'm on my way to a mission now. If it's a flop I'll be done in 2 hrs. If it goes...it'll be an all nighter."

I never really put two and two together on this until just now. To me this spells out that they had a plan to murder and that it was successful in the eyes of MS and DM. If it went well it was an all-nighter is how he explained it to CN.

The "flop" being two hours would account for the driving to and from the Bosma house and the test drive time.

BBM

If we try to fit this with the defense theory of a robbery gone wrong, are we supposed to believe that DM thought a mere truck scoping or theft would take all night?

I'm only beginning to read, very sorry if I'm interrupting or if this has been answered already. The official Court Reporter can transcribe the closing arguments, and it's up to the Court to decide whether a copy could be passed on to the media. Presumably, someone would have to pay the fees for a transcript in order to obtain a copy, though. If the lawyers consent to a release of their transcript then the media could pay for them. Doesn't seem fair to only have the Crown's closing..... JMO ...

I think it is possible that the Crown's close would be given to the media in a text format, therefore the media won't have to wait for it to be transcribed by the court reporter, which they will have to do in Pillay's and Dungey's case. I believe it is up to each lawyer to decide whether or not to release the text of their closing before being transcribed by a court reporter, and the Crown has agreed in this case. MOO

Susan Clairmont tweeted this a couple of days ago:

(modsnip)

ETA: as for fairness, the jury will have all heard the 3 closing arguments by the time the Crown's is published, and all 3 are a matter of public record, so I personally think that is all that matters.

MOO

It's a wild leap to say they wouldn't have eliminated witnesses. A man was eliminated for a truck. I don't take anything in this case as a "wild leap" really.
Wrapping my head around any part of why this is even a reality is mind boggling to me.
They are trying to get away with a murder. Going on some kind of super massacre would not be in their minds.

And yet we have MM texting worried and seemingly genuinely concerned because she hadn't heard from MS. So worried in fact she's texting AM.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
At 3:23 am, the lights go on in the hangar. At 3:54 am, Leitch says someone comes out toward Eliminator. Another flare of light. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
3:54 a.m. Flare from Eliminator. Someone looking inside it, making sure it is operating correctly, says Crown.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15s15 seconds ago
3:54am someone comes out, moves twd eliminator, flame appears. Leitch says someone is checking to make sure it is working

bbm - I'm thinking that is when they threw the clothes and shoes in.

If there's 2 guns (as some believe) and 2 men and 2 witnesses, one can't go up, one can't go down?

There were two gun purchases however, focus has only been on one of the guns as we believed because the first gun was the one used and evidence in the WM murder in which MWJ is currently awaiting trial on. So not sure why both are being brought up here as available for the TB murder???

There were two gun purchases however, focus has only been on one of the guns as we believed because the first gun was the one used and evidence in the WM murder in which MWJ is currently awaiting trial on. So not sure why both are being brought up here as available for the TB murder???

Not sure. Others have focused on the 2 gun theory here it seems. I didn't really following that part of discussions myself.

And yet we have MM texting worried and seemingly genuinely concerned because she hadn't heard from MS. So worried in fact she's texting AM.
MS tried to contact her via DMs phone to tell her he was going to be out all night at 227 am. He just kept her out of the loop of his activities instead of broadcasting it to everyone like DM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 27s28 seconds ago
12:42 a.m. Yukon leaves hangar. "This has become an important piece of evidence," says Crown. Yukon gone for 30 minutes.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
The Yukon leaves the hangar for 30 mins. Leitch says Smich says MIllard left for gas, and the Millard says he left to get away from Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
Leitch suggests it could be both of them leaving. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s28 seconds ago
Smich said Millard went to get gas. Millard team said Millard going to cool off, angry with Smich for killing Bosma.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s36 seconds ago
At 1:12, Yukon returns. At 1:33 am we see them on camera walking through the hangar w Pedo (Millard's dog). #Bosma

Personally, I think they went to fetch coffee at the nearby 24 hr Tim Horton's. Especially since an hour before told CN it would be an "all nighter." Would have been priceless to see a coffee in their hands on the hangar video IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo