Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Millard & Smich arrive in Waterloo around 3p.m.
The red truck gets to hangar around 7pm--in the meantime, Leitch says, it's cleanup. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Early afternoon May 9, Smich/Millard travelling together. Arrive Waterloo at about 3 p.m., at farm, burning evidence, says Crown.

At 8:28pm Millard texts his friend Scott Moose: "something just turned very sour, gonna be busy until at least midnight." #Bosma

8:28 p.m. Millard tests friend: "Something just turned very sour."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Phones show Smich & Millard were travelling together May 9. Later "something just turned very sour," DM msg to friend who he can't meet

10 mins later, the red truck towing a trailer (w/ #Bosma truck inside) is seen leaving the hangar. Does a U-turn, comes back, leaves again.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s55 seconds ago
8:38 p.m. Video at hangar shows red dodge with trailer leave then u-turn back to hangar. Forgot something, says Crown.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s37 seconds ago
They leave the hangar with the red truck & #TimBosma truck in the trailer. Went back for something-burned seats acc to Smich

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 28s29 seconds ago
Cell phone maps show phones move from hangar to Oakville. Smich/Millard together, getting truck out. "In it together, all the way."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
Their phone records show them driving together, then they get to Oakville area. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8s9 seconds ago
They're together, getting the truck out of the hangar, in it together, all the way, Leitch says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
At 9:42pm, Millard texts Noudga: "roll a joint, I'll pick you up in...10 mins." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
At 9:49pm, Millard texts Schlatman: "i can't stop thinking what that family's going through." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s9 seconds ago
9:49 pm Millard text to Schlatman: "I can't stop thinking what that family's going through" "Do you believe that?" asks Crown.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
He picks Noudga up at 9:53 pm. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
Leitch questions why Millard switches from Smich to Noudga as his helper that night. Says maybe the sexual stuff she mentioned in testimony.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s33 seconds ago
"I can't stop thinking what that family's going through," Millard msg to mechanic, while en route to get CN & drop truck on mom's drive

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
Millard texts that while with Noudga on way to take truck to his mother's.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
When he gets to Noudga, he gives her the DVR to hang onto. She puts it in her closet. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s26 seconds ago
Millard picks Noudga up. Gives her DVR. "She doesn't think that's a stereo. She knows Millard's done something," says Crown. She's covering.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s38 seconds ago
Leitch shows on cell tower map Smich is now using Meneses phone at farm while Millard is at hangar that night cleaning up night of May 7.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s51 seconds ago
Around 11:30pm, Smich -- using Meneses's phone -- is at the farm. Leitch says they are separate at this point. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s40 seconds ago
May 7 2013 8:44pm phone records show Smich was at farm and Millard at hangar. Separated. Cleaning up murder. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 45s45 seconds ago
Because at 11:40pm, the Yukon is seen leaving the hangar, towing the Eliminator. "They're not together at this stage," he says. #Bosma

See Eliminator being towed out of hangar at 11:40 p.m. that night.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
Leitch says to be fair it's possible to suggest his calls are bouncing off of towers while driving. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s52 seconds ago
Perhaps Smich is burning evidence at farm, suggests Leitch. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 27s28 seconds ago
It looks like Smich was dropped off at the farm before Millard went to the hangar. Maybe he started the burning? Leitch wonders

***Or maybe he was digging a hole to put cremains in? :thinking:

I think the crown needs to move on from the THEORIES.

"I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned about how that's going to play out," Millard was texting Schlatman. Leitch says this is "offensive" as he was towing the truck around then.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

Leitch says Millard is just buying time before the police come for him.
by Adam Carter 12:24 PM

"They're both murderers, ladies and gentlemen. They're both murderers." Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 12:26 P

Now on lunch. Back at 1:40 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

Dear/Deer Wood/Would. So hard to decide
Never thought that the deer could be LB- but that would fall into line with DM's cryptic style. Sick to the max- IMO, we have just spent 4 months sorting thru the actions of a egotistical, entitled, elitist psychopath and a glimpse into the world of those who idolize the power of money. I have no doubt that there are people alive today because these two have been in jail for 3 years. MOO

Millard texts Schlatman again at 10:22 pm. "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned w how that's going to play out." #Bosma

Leitch calls this series of texts "offensive, in my opinion." #Bosma

May 9. Millard text to Schlatman about truck: "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned out how that's going to play out."

Schlatman replies "Ya that's a tough call man. Have you considered goin to cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think its warm" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Millard is with CN en route to mom's while texting his mechanic about the #Bosma truck.

"Schlatman is buying this," says Crown. It's buying Millard time.

By this point, Millard and Noudga's phones are pinging in Kleinburg. #Bosma

Videos of arrival in Kleinberg. Can see truck and trailer heading to Madeleine Burns' house.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s50 seconds ago
"Making sure it's (trailer) right jammed against the garage," says Crown. "It's a crime scene."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 21s22 seconds ago
Millard and Noudga spent a lot of time parking the trailer in Kleinburg. It was a crime scene, Leitch says. "They're both murderers."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC now
"They're both murderers, ladies and gentlemen. They're both murderers." Leitch says. #TimBosma #Bosma

We are now taking the lunch break. Back at 1:40p.m. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s35 seconds ago
Jury breaks for lunch until 1:40 p.m. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s25 seconds ago
Both accused admit cleaning up. That doesn't mean it's accessory after fact. "They're both murderers, ladies and gentlemen," says Leitch.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s10 seconds ago
This morning, Noudga texts Millard at 10:36am. "mission go well?" He responds at 11am "1.5 hr nap & still going." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
At 1:38pm he tells her again "still going on mission." She responds "quite the long mission." He says "very, want to come help?" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s20 seconds ago
Leitch says those texts are complete — "I have to be careful of the words I use in a closing submission..."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 8s9 seconds ago
Did the mission go well?Noudga asks May 8."1.5 hr nap & still going on mission," Millard says. Long mission, he agrees & invites her to help

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s9 seconds ago
She says "what do you need help with."
He says "shredding paper."
She says "lol in the fancy new paper shredder?" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s26 seconds ago
Leitch suggests it could be the paper shredder--or it could be allusion to the Eliminator. "She knows," he says of Noudga. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s13 seconds ago
Texts from Millard asking Noudga go help. Brings her into it. Help with what? "Shredding paper," he says.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Noudga has known about the mission from the beginning, Leitch says. Another jury will have to worry about her. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31s31 seconds ago
"He could have been making fun or using another name for the Eliminator. You'll have to decide that," says Crown.

Snipped for space

All this talk about CN knowing is annoying me only because I'm sure if she knew, so did SS!!!!
Why is this guy walking free???? Ugh

That being said, I didn't realize until today they were trying to pin her on "she knew" about the murder plan.
I thought it was that she helped clean up and hide evidence to help DM only.

10 mins later, the red truck towing a trailer (w/ #Bosma truck inside) is seen leaving the hangar. Does a U-turn, comes back, leaves again.

8:38 p.m. Video at hangar shows red dodge with trailer leave then u-turn back to hangar. Forgot something, says Crown.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s37 seconds ago
They leave the hangar with the red truck & #TimBosma truck in the trailer. Went back for something-burned seats acc to Smich

The witness said he saw them return and put a tarp in the truck. Smich said it was the burned seats. I always felt like he lied about that. Using the evidence to present his story. I'm still trying to figure out what might be in a tarp that he didn't want to admit to.

Leitch says he doesn't know why Millard switched from Smich to Noudga as his helper that night -- but it could be that he wanted the sexual side of things from Noudga.
by Adam Carter 12:22 PM

Yep, one last hurrah, knowing LE is on to him.

Something that has been bothering me for a long time:

If the reason DM and MS didn't hide their faces because the plan all along was to eliminate the witness (and that makes sense, if that was the plan), then why did they not go back and harm SN and WDB as well? Of course I'm thankful they did NOT, but they were certainly witnesses as much as Tim was. I know it would only be speculation on any of our parts to answer that but it's just one of those things that has always bothered me because it doesn't add up.

They had to know SB and WDB could identify them, as much as Tim could, right?

I'd say, they didn't expect SB & WDB and the lust for the truck and the momentum of the plan was greater than their rationale.

I think the crown needs to move on from the THEORIES.

Really? I think Leitch is doing a superb job. He is introducing and tying all the evidence together, but just as we all question the unknowns, he is offering strong and logical possibilities for the jury, because they are questioning all the unknowns as well.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s37 seconds ago
On May 4, Millard trades vehicles with his employee Javier Villada. Needs his red truck, bc only one that can pull trailer. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 36s36 seconds ago
May 4, Millard trades his employee Javier the Yukon for red truck, because the red truck could pull the trailer with stolen truck inside.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11s11 seconds ago
Gets Yukon back, so it can pull the Eliminator while red truck pulls trailer.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s7 seconds ago
He originally trades the truck for his Yukon. Then he ends up trading the Yukon back for a white van. So now he has red truck and Yukon.

L #Bosma

I assumed he wanted the red truck back so he could remove the plates. I thought maybe the plates are what he forgot in the white van that he had to go back for.

As we know, he didn't put TB's truck into the trailer until LE was on his tail.

Millard at 11:34 p.m. texts Noudga "gonna be an all nighter." Leitch says that's because Tim Bosma is dead by then.
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

Hold on hold on hold on!!

Help me out here please. Didn't DM text CN earlier that day something that if it goes well it'll be an all nighter and if its a flop he will only be a few hours?? Or was it someone else he texted that to? I know I can't be making this up.

Anyone have a theory on this one? I didn't see any follow up. Does it mean the Crown thinks he wasn't put into it until the hangar?

I think the Crown disputes that only DM put the body in the incinerator at the farm. They believe that MS certainly helped with this as well.

MOO

I'd say, they didn't expect SB & WDB and the lust for the truck and the momentum of the plan was greater than their rationale.
They also aren't a SWAT team who can infiltrate a house and kill people living in separate locations (SB in the main floor and the tenant in his apartment) without one or the other calling the cops.

Hold on hold on hold on!!

Help me out here please. Didn't DM text CN earlier that day something that if it goes well it'll be an all nighter and if its a flop he will only be a few hours?? Or was it someone else he texted that to? I know I can't be making this up.

Yes, you are right about the earlier text ... This is a later text confirming it was going to be an all-nighter.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
Leitch says defence asked why Millard would tell Michalski this. Leitch says Michalski was part of his "inner circle." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 26s27 seconds ago
"In his mind, Millard believed he could control all these people he told his plan to steal--which was actually a plan to kill." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s58 seconds ago
Should we steal from the nice guy or *advertiser censored**hole? Millard asked Michalski, his roomie, theft-buddy, trusted confidant

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Millard believed, erroneously, as it turned out, that Michalski would keep his plans a secret, says Crown.

Marlena Meneses, too, knew the plan. But Millard assumed Smich had control over her. "That backfired too." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s53 seconds ago
All the people he told of the theft beforehand were under his control, Millard believed, Leitch says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
On May 5 Millard texts Noudga: "no go today." Leitch says this is a clear reference to her knowledge of his plan. Of course, she denies this

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s44 seconds ago
After Igor test drive they went back to Maple Gate. Millard texts Noudga: "No go today."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
He also texts Lisa Whidden that he was working on swapping his gas truck for a diesel. Leitch says again figured he had control over her.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
Crown says that is proof Noudga knew they planned to kill. Noudga won't admit because she has own upcoming trial for accessory after fact.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Leitch says it's clear from her time on stand, he still does. She was still "batting her eyes" at him from the witness box, despite charge.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s36 seconds ago
A deep belief in his ability to control people who idolize him, Leitch says. Lisa Whidden was still batting her eyes at him in court

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Crown says another Millard girlfriend, real estate agent Lisa Whidden, "batted her eyes at him from the witness box."

Ha ha ha--on the batting eye statement. You go Leitch.

Not only that, but they also used the burner phone thinking that nothing would get traced back to them. And further, the entire foundation of their "mission" involved what they considered to be an untraceable murder and theft. Imagine if there was no blood, no DNA, no ashes, no bones, no gun, and no way to identify the truck. What kind of case would the Crown have then?

Let's face it, these guys came damn close to getting away with their crime and it's a miracle that they got caught when they did (thank you, Igor).

Really? I think Leitch is doing a superb job. He is introducing and tying all the evidence together, but just as we all question the unknowns, he is offering strong and logical possibilities for the jury, because they are questioning all the unknowns as well.

MOO

I think he's doing a good job as well, don't get me wrong. But throwing out theories I don't like, from any side. It makes it feel like they're all telling a "story", when I really want the Crown to tie it all together with facts and evidence. Nothing is off limits for them, they aren't protecting DM or MS.
The narrative of, well this is what might've, sort of, could've happened is suggesting the jury believe their "story" instead of following the evidence.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member