Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that some of those legal arguments must have stopped that in its tracks ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking. Now we wait until June 13th. Sequester the jury and maybe hear about the significance of the hoses.

So that's it for me live tweeting/blogging until Friday, June 10.
by Adam Carter 4:12 PM

We will be sitting tomorrow and some days next week, but for legal arguments without the jury.
by Adam Carter 4:12 PM

Legal arguments at this stage of the trial? All evidence has been presented... what is there to argue about now?

Legal arguments at this stage of the trial? All evidence has been presented... what is there to argue about now?
Perhaps they're discussing pub bans on evidence that may be prejudicial in subsequent trials?

Kudos to each and every journalist who has sat in on this trial since the beginning of February. Their coverage has been excellent. They're all going to need a good break when this is finished. MOO

Amazing, Thanks! Did I read this correctly, the publication ban will remain in place until the LB trial?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Yes, the publication ban is in place until the Babcock trial is finished.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9 Min.
Back to May 9, 2013. "This was a large day of clean-up." Smich and Millard together for 9 hours that day. Both at farm, burning evidence.

What did they do while the fire was burning?? They had a lot of time for nothing really to work on. Did they dig for old remains of an unsuccessful burning mission inside the green "rocket ramp" ....?

Bet they wish they had some fireside furniture. :)

Maybe buried the ashes?

I believe that they were both party to this murder but just to be a devils advocate - Smich saying "some chopping wood be necessary" could be him saying "Some chopping would be necessary".

In Oakville, chopping is slang used to describe selling drugs. For example, "does he chop?" means "does he sell?". "I'm chopping weed" means "I'm selling weed".

This could be interpreted (if you wanted to think that way) as Smich saying that some selling drugs would be necessary in order to raise the money to buy it. I don't think this is the case but just a fun fact and a devils advocate perspective! All IMO

Ya, it could, or it could mean getting an axe and clever and chopping off someone's limbs and torso to fit into a smaller incinerator.

Why keep the gloves? Trophy? Plant on Smich through a friend? In theory, they burned all of the other evidence... why keep the gloves?

Makes me think MS had the Yukon earlier on the 9th, and DM still had the red truck.

"May 10 ?? Smich messages Millard: "Ima round the block.""

When DM was arrested there was a white pail and gloves in the Yukon. IMO might have been him emptying ashes or MS might have left them in there after just emptying the ashes.

New Question: They hid the red truck on Maple Grove, and police had him under surveillance in the Yukon then. I assume MS had brought the Yukon back to the hangar, but somehow they ended up meeting on Speers Road later. How did MS get from the Hangar to Speers Road? Or am I incorrect in this scenario?

Millard's first call after the police finished speaking with him was to Smich. The call was 24 secs. A few minutes later, Smich texts Millard, "I didn't see... just reach me. Ima round the block."

When he says "I didn't see", is he saying he didn't see any police surveilling him? The call was only 24 seconds, just enough time for Millard to say, "Yo, the cops were just here, they might be coming to see you next -- are they watching you already? I'll come and meet with you soon to discuss what we do next."

Thoughts?

When he says "Ima round the block" do you take it he means from the apartment?

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
"You don't follow a lunatic with a gun to a dark, isolated location where he can kill you too." #TimBosma #Bosma

I'm pretty sure we said something like that here.

<modsnip>

i would hope that people would appreciate that the jury isn't entitled to all of the information the general public and us, here at WS, has access to. It's not like anyone in the case can resume any sort of real life. Look at karla homolka...

ETA: it's the jury's job and I think the collective decision of 12 people will be right. If they were not given the proper info to make their decision., that's on the courts, but I trust in their decision.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews now6 seconds ago
#TimBosma was kind and decent. He had just kissed his daughter & put her to bed. He may have tried to get back to her.

I honestly had tears in my eyes reading that final emotional charge from Leitch. This bolded tweet did me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery