Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that has been bothering me for a long time:

If the reason DM and MS didn't hide their faces because the plan all along was to eliminate the witness (and that makes sense, if that was the plan), then why did they not go back and harm SN and WDB as well? Of course I'm thankful they did NOT, but they were certainly witnesses as much as Tim was. I know it would only be speculation on any of our parts to answer that but it's just one of those things that has always bothered me because it doesn't add up.

They had to know SB and WDB could identify them, as much as Tim could, right?

I don't think they were able to identify them, it seems natural they would have been asked to try to pick them out from a lineup. I think the perps kept their distance and left quickly.

BBM
I thought CN opted for trial by Judge only? Seems like a miscue, though not very relevant to DM and MS trial... carry on...

Yes, you're right ... She has opted for trial by Judge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s13 seconds ago
Leitch questions why Millard switches from Smich to Noudga as his helper that night. Says maybe the sexual stuff she mentioned in testimony.

I think the switch was also because he was getting tired and CN lived closer, and it would have been weird to show up at his mom's with MS. He did seem to like reassurances from females, however.

Maybe she smoked up and was paranoid. Maybe they didn't plan to shoot TB in the car and have to clean it up that night. Maybe he usually texts her when he's out late like this usually and didn't that night.

Tons of possible reasons.

But they planned to murder that night. So why have a gf freaking out. Why not just tell her he'd be gone? We can speculate all we want but the evidence does say she was upset she hadn't heard from MS and so she was texting AM.

So that brings me to another question. Did MS battery actually die because he had to use DM phone to text at 227am? Seems to me that would be plausible. MOO

Leitch now resuming his closing.
by Adam Carter 1:41 PM

Now going back to May 9, when the toolbox with the gun in it was moved to Matt Hagerman. That night, there were nine phone calls between Noudga's phone and Hagerman.
by Adam Carter 1:43 PM

Leitch is pointing out that Smich is in contact with Millard around the time that Millard is texting Hagerman about the toolbox.
by Adam Carter 1:45 PM

So that brings me to another question. Did MS battery actually die because he had to use DM phone to text at 227am? Seems to me that would be plausible. MOO
respectfully snipped by me

I think his phone battery did die. I just think he was not nearly as polished and put together as Millard. I think that is why Millard liked working with him--- he could be a patsy or the one caught. I think he did know that Smich wouldn't snitch on him based on their relationship. I think Smich testifying was a shock to Millard but he didn't account for him being clean and sober and seeing the letters trying to get the group to throw someone (Smich) under the bus.

Millard texted to Smich at 4:46 "Retooled for stormy weather. All clear." Leitch says that's code for, "don't worry, I go the gun to somebody else."
by Adam Carter 1:47 PM

Leitch showing texts from Smich and Millard back and forth, also talking about Schlatman and Jennings.
by Adam Carter 1:48 PM

In another message, Smich talks about linking up with Iisho. "This message shows that Smich knew exactly what was in that toolbox, and that he and Millard were working together to get rid of it ... Iisho can take a gun that's dirty and make it clean again. Trying to profit and make money off the gun."
by Adam Carter 1:49 PM

It's a wild leap to say they wouldn't have eliminated witnesses. A man was eliminated for a truck. I don't take anything in this case as a "wild leap" really.
Wrapping my head around any part of why this is even a reality is mind boggling to me.

By this time SB and Wayne are worried about Tim's whereabouts.. The last place DM and MS would want to be is anywhere near that house.. The cops would be all over that.. dont you think?

Millard's first call after being visited by police was to Smich, the Crown says.
by Adam Carter 1:50 PM

This day Millard also told Lisa Whidden that a friend should stay away, because he's "too hot." Millard also stashes his red truck at a friend's place.
by Adam Carter 1:52 PM

Millard also withdrew cash from a bank that day, and had a 50 minute meeting with Smich. Leitch says at that meeting, they're talking about what to do with the gun.
by Adam Carter 1:53 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9 Min.
Back to May 9, 2013. "This was a large day of clean-up." Smich and Millard together for 9 hours that day. Both at farm, burning evidence.

What did they do while the fire was burning?? They had a lot of time for nothing really to work on. Did they dig for old remains of an unsuccessful burning mission inside the green "rocket ramp" ....?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
In June 2012, Millard is texting Shane Schlatman about going over incinerator models. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s23 seconds ago
June 4, 2012, Millard texts Schlatman about buying incinerator. Smich is researching purchase.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12s13 seconds ago
Smich too was part of that. References a text where Smich told Millard he's looking at a model. Writes "some chopping wood be necessary."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 24s25 seconds ago
June 2012 Smich does research for incinerator, a mobile one. "Some chopping would be necessary."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
"I'm looking at a mobile one right now. Some chopping would be necessary," Smich text. Crown says it is reference to dismemberment.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s17 seconds ago
He says Smich denied that was a reference to dismemberment. But Leitch asks what else makes sense. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s35 seconds ago
Smich testified it was reference to garbage incineration. Crown says you don't have to chop up garbage.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 19s20 seconds ago
What could that mean except dismemberment? Leitch asks. Why would you need to chop garbage? #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15s16 seconds ago
"Why would MS be so interested in helping DM burn his garbage?" asks Leitch. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s11 seconds ago
Leitch says both are keenly interested in the incinerator plans. "Why would mark Smich be interested in helping Millard burn his garbage?"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
Leitch says "such is the trust between them" that they are regularly texting discussing schemes. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
The two continue to plan missions. "Such is the level of trust between them" that they regularly plan and discuss missions.

I believe that they were both party to this murder but just to be a devils advocate - Smich saying "some chopping wood be necessary" could be him saying "Some chopping would be necessary".

In Oakville, chopping is slang used to describe selling drugs. For example, "does he chop?" means "does he sell?". "I'm chopping weed" means "I'm selling weed".

This could be interpreted (if you wanted to think that way) as Smich saying that some selling drugs would be necessary in order to raise the money to buy it. I don't think this is the case but just a fun fact and a devils advocate perspective! All IMO

Millard was later arrested with $3K in cash and gloves in his pocket with Bosma's DNA on them. "He was making a run for it. He had cash in his pocket, he had evidence in his pocket."
by Adam Carter 1:55 PM

Leitch says that afterwards, Smich was pulling the strings to get the toolbox and the drugs delivered to him.
by Adam Carter 1:56 PM

"It's about that thing someone gave you," Michalski texted Hagerman on May 11.
by Adam Carter 1:56 PM

"Ask him to bring it to me along with the other thing," Smich texted to Michalski.
by Adam Carter 1:57 PM

Smich is texting Michalski about the drop for the drugs and the toolbox around 4 p.m.
by Adam Carter 1:58 PM

"Mark Smich gets the gun, he gets the toolbox ... he buries the gun. They both wanted the gun gone," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 1:59 PM

Leitch is moving on to the Noudga letters. He says they highlight a "guilty conscience," and attempt to "fabricate and divert suspicion."
by Adam Carter 1:59 PM

Why keep the gloves? Trophy? Plant on Smich through a friend? In theory, they burned all of the other evidence... why keep the gloves?

"He killed Tim Bosma, and would do anything to avoid a conviction for murder," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 2:00 PM

Leitch show excerpts from the letters. "He was willing to create perjury," Leitch says. "Be my secret agent," Millard writes.
by Adam Carter 2:01 PM

"He was grasping for a lie in an attempt to work on you, the jury," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 2:01 PM

By this time SB and Wayne are worried about Tim's whereabouts.. The last place DM and MS would want to be is anywhere near that house.. The cops would be all over that.. dont you think?
Of course but DM and MS murdered TB in a matter of minutes. So what's to say they didn't eliminate others? LE had no clue until 1030pm IIRC?

Millard's first call after the police finished speaking with him was to Smich. The call was 24 secs. A few minutes later, Smich texts Millard, "I didn't see... just reach me. Ima round the block."

When he says "I didn't see", is he saying he didn't see any police surveilling him? The call was only 24 seconds, just enough time for Millard to say, "Yo, the cops were just here, they might be coming to see you next -- are they watching you already? I'll come and meet with you soon to discuss what we do next."

Thoughts?

"We need to get our stories straight," Millard wrote.
by Adam Carter 2:02 PM

"He's scripting a false story for her to tell to you," Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 2:02 PM

Leitch says the problem here is Michalski, and Noudga needed to get to him to change his testimony.
by Adam Carter 2:03 PM

"It's vital to my case that his statement be discredited," Millard wrote about Michalski in the letters.
by Adam Carter 2:04 PM

Leitch now playing some of Noudga's cross examination.
by Adam Carter 2:05 PM

Even Noudga agrees Millard was trying to fabricate evidence, Leitch says.
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member