Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we have an accomplice who helped move that trailer that has confirmed to LE it was Thursday night?

Not getting hung up on incorrect witness reports to the news media. Do we know if BD is going to be a witness in this trial? Is he going to get up on the stand and say he saw that trailer coming in on Wednesday night during a hockey game when a cell phone pic likely is date stamped that it was in the hangar on the Thursday? I doubt it. He saw a vehicle with lights probably that night. It was not the trailer according to CN.

MOO

I don't think BD will testify...but MB? And then afterwards she may appear in the courtroom too, if she was being prevented from being there due to being a witness.

Also they checked the neighbouring homes' video surveillance, so other neighbours may have more to say than BD.

Wasnt the business supposed to be along the lines of an airline mechanic?? would make sense to see motorized parts in an out of there.. Some rebuilt hobby planes have auto engines in them.. may be a far fetched theory I know.. but with an in house customs paperwork person, and a bunch of car theiving lackies in his employ, whether paid in drugs, cash, whatever.. What was AJ's job before he decided late in life to go back to school?? Can you imagine if it was a mechanic??
Who would look twice at a reputable name in the business shipping "airplane" parts all over the place?? A little bit of Gotham evil for sure, lol but this merry band of nitwits were just that, nitwits.. 10' tall and bullet proof.. Love the end of Scooby Doo.. "I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids!!" lol #sorrynotsorry

I think you're looking at this from a hollywood movie perspective and giving DM some grandiose character traits that he doesn't possess. DM had no plans to do anything in the aviation industry. And as CEO of his own company, he didn't need AJ to have a diploma to do his "shipping and receiving" if he did. I think AJ was collecting unemployment, likely from an injury, and was doing what was necessary to continue to receive it while changing careers into a less physical job. Just speculation though.

MOO

I did some reading up on how chop shops work and I found it interesting that a lot of the time, the chop shop BUYS the stolen cars and then tears them apart for their parts and sells the parts.

Just wondering out loud here whether DM was initially purchasing stolen vehicles and then decided to take out the middle man and steal the vehicles himself?

As I agree with some others, I think DM is an adrenaline junky. Maybe once the RUSH of stealing vehicles wore off, he needed to add something to the mix to get back that HIGH.

He wanted the truck with the engine but I also think that he wanted to kill. It was part and parcel of the whole deal. It was the plan from the get go to murder Tim.

MOO

There are probably situations where vehicles are bought to sell as parts or whatever. I guess there would be a problem only if someone accompanying the buyer decided to pocket the cash that had been handed over, however they could. Just a thought. MOO

has anyone come up with why there is blood/dna on the undercarriage of the truck?

I asked this question in a slightly different way the other day, and the answer I got (from Abro, I believe) was that they would have to at least disclose it to the defense.

Not even remotely a lawyer.

I have literally spent almost three years now having no idea why people are willing to invest so much time in "did the tattoo have a box". If there is no box around it then DM is magically not a murderer? I understand that a large part of this hobby involves over-focusing on details to the point of tunnel-vision, but sheesh.

It is quite important. It could mean the 'eye' witness is not remembering things well, is possibly not a reliable witness or someone else was in the drivers seat. Why would it be important enough to bring into the trial but be meaningless !!! :whoosh:

I hope DM shows his tattoo at some point. :coffeews:

Other neighbours say it was Thursday - BD is the only one who claims Wed and he only saw lights flash in his window - not the actual truck - on Wed night.

Maybe BD was mistaken and all of the other neighbours, who said the truck appeared Thursday, are correct.

I thought the neighbour who was watching the game was called Frank C. BD lived across the street.
I'm sure there is a history somewhere of the date the leafs played. I thought it was the Wednesday.. will have to check.

It was May 8th 2013, a Wednesday.

Maybe another witness is having a hard time remembering things well. !!

Does the Crown have to disclose if a witness for the prosecution has made a plea deal?

I am not implying that SS was involved in any way with the TB case but if a Crown witness has withheld evidence or was associated with another crime (theft or possession of stolen goods) and was granted immunity from prosecution would this need to be disclosed to the jury?

Do you suppose there is a reason that "S" doesn't have a surname in court? A person with that given name was mentioned in a news article in the past, so the surname is already in the public domain.

Do you think any of the witnesses are under police protection?

I think it is odd to have someone mentioned repeatedly in court only by their given name. Given all the pomp and ceremony in a courtroom, calling someone by their given name only seems a little too informal.

I think you're looking at this from a hollywood movie perspective and giving DM some grandiose character traits that he doesn't possess. DM had no plans to do anything in the aviation industry. And as CEO of his own company, he didn't need AJ to have a diploma to do his "shipping and receiving" if he did. I think AJ was collecting unemployment, likely from an injury, and was doing what was necessary to continue to receive it while changing careers into a less physical job. Just speculation though.

MOO
I'm actually thinking that he’s the one who’s got a sort of Hollywood perspective - I don't doubt that he was once smart, collected.. But with a mix of drugs, also gives you a 10' tall and bullet proof perspective, oh the ideas you'll have.. With his crowd of petty criminal friends, and hangers on, he was clearly running the show.. which we've read he loved to do, the guy who could get things, a fab host.. You can tell from the jail house letters he's got that little bit of "old hollywood".. "oh bother, what was that again??(oh bother?? Who was he writing to? Christopher Robin?) “I run movies over and over in my head in here, last night Jurassic Park"..
I work in an industry where we ship things out of Canada.. If you don't have a person who can fill out Nafta docs; etc.. what you've got going over the border is going to get closely scrutinized..Sure there are companies that ship, but why risk someone else knowing? Unless he went to school to learn how to do that as a CEO of his own company, I haven't read about.. I know the CEO of my company couldn't properly stamp an envelope, let alone mail it.. Unless you've got inside info, or I've missed that part of his testimony as to AJ collecting "pogey" I have no clue.. or maybe pogey/WSIB was going to pay for him to go back to school – they don’t decide what you get to study.. they just give you a list of things that you can take that will not hamper your injury..
I'll have another look, but I do remember reading something about them using the hangar for something mechanical..

I thought the neighbour who was watching the game was called Frank C. BD lived across the street.
I'm sure there is a history somewhere of the date the leafs played. I thought it was the Wednesday.. will have to check.

It was May 8th 2013, a Wednesday.
IMO, the most important eye witness account is that of CN- who has given a statement to LE detailing her involvement with assisting DM move the trailer on the 9th- along with assisting DM move the incinerator plus accompanied DM in dropping off the locked tool box in the early hours of the 10th. Pretty hard to dispute CN's statement, especially when it co-ordinates with the eyewitness accounts of AJ. It was a huge hockey week, so it's not surprising that there could be some confusion from neighbours. MOO

https://webcache.googleusercontent....68207+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=safari

Here's something I have questioned. DM was driving the truck. It is likely that he took a route familiar to him. The place where TB's phone was found is on the way to DM's property near Cambridge. But is there any other reason TB's phone was found there? Did DM know the placement and range of the company's security cameras because he had been there before, possibly on the company's property during business hours? Was this location chosen in advance, or random?

It could be a place where TB had gotten out of the truck to change seats with the driver, in order to return home. This might be when a carjacker would drive off with the vehicle. The phone could have been dropped by TB, or tossed by TB if he knew he was in trouble and wanted to leave a trail.

Two-on-one odds are better against a man who is smaller.

I cant find the post right now a bit back, where someone mentioned DM and MS must have went to pick up the incinerator and bring it to the hangar after the test drive. How would they get the incinerator there? Tow it with a dead man in the vehicle and spend a lot more time on the road? I dont think so.... It must have already been there.

IMO, the most important eye witness account is that of CN- who has given a statement to LE detailing her involvement with assisting DM move the trailer on the 9th- along with assisting DM move the incinerator plus accompanied DM in dropping off the locked tool box in the early hours of the 10th. Pretty hard to dispute CN's statement, especially when it co-ordinates with the eyewitness accounts of AJ. It was a huge hockey week, so it's not surprising that there could be some confusion from neighbours. MOO

https://webcache.googleusercontent....68207+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=safari

I was trying to verify the statements of neighbours.

Yes quite attached... and there was a lot of reference in yesterdays testimony about it. It sticks out to me as important, whatever he kept in there.

I cant find the post right now a bit back, where someone mentioned DM and MS must have went to pick up the incinerator and bring it to the hangar after the test drive. How would they get the incinerator there? Tow it with a dead man in the vehicle and spend a lot more time on the road? I dont think so.... It must have already been there.

I think the incinerator was at the hangar too.

Someone can jump in here and hopefully help...but I thought it was mentioned that they had video of Tim's truck towing the incinerator at some point. My memory on this one is vague but I thought they said it was on video from at or near the airport. Does anyone recall that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE