Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking of AJ. Here is a man of a certain age, retraining for a new career in supply chain management. Instead of actually doing a co-op practicum in that specific role, he finds himself mopping floors.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...red-belonged-to-missing-tim-bosma-trial-hears

What a waste of his practicum. I think a lot of practicums end up this way, seen as a source of free labor, to be used/abused as the manager sees fit. The practicum student is at the bottom in a power relationship. They could complain, but risk losing the practicum and possibly forfeiting their certification. In this case, AJ also was working under his son-in-law, who supervised him and got him the placement.

AJ said he went home to talk the situation of the Bosma truck with his wife and daughter, before deciding if he would tell police where to find the truck. Here is a family man who spent his mornings before work with his grandchildren. Clearly, he was afraid for his wife, daughter, grandchildren and himself. He said he was also afraid for DM and SS. In court, we learned that SS stormed away when AJ discussed it with him.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6263405-tim-bosma-murder-trial-nobody-comes-to-the-hangar-today-/

Don't ask, don't tell. DM was in charge.

I don't understand who AJ was most afraid of, and why. Here he was, with his whole family dragged into the mess. The elder of his family, AJ was subordinate to his son-in-law. Was he most afraid for his grandchildren?

I wonder what motivated him to go the police when he feared for the safety of his loved ones. He knew it was the right thing to do. He was obviously tormented (vomiting), but his fear was considerable. Something made him step forward. He knew his son-in-law wanted him to keep quiet. Was the risk of staying silent greater than stepping forward? Was he safer in his own mind by getting this out in the open? His concern for Tim Bosma was never in question. His reaction was visceral.

Catching up so apologies if this has been addressed - but YES, the police had the tattoo info from DM's contact card. The police had stopped DM for something or other and took down details about him. I don't agree with the practice, but it appears to have been a good thing in this case.

Can you provide a link for this, please? I can't remember hearing this before.

Not sure about that- just going on AJ's testimony where he said that MS and MS's gf sometimes came with DM and worked at the hangar and that AJ saw MS on the 8th with DM at the hangar.

AJ did say that it was well known that you did not go to the hangar after hours. IMHO, MS would only be where DM wanted him to be. IIRC, MS didn't have any form of transportation so his visits to the Hangar seem to be DM driven. If DM kept the incinerator at the farm, IMO, the only way MS would get there would be by DM. Maybe MS did know that DM had an incinerator and maybe he even helped DM with it in the past- still doesn't negate DM's involvement on during the early morning hours of the 7th. The Crown says they have "video"- not eye witness accounts, no innuendo, they're saying "video evidence" showing DM & MS in the hangar while the incinerator was burning just outside the hangar. That's pretty hard to explain, isn't it? AJ also said under oath that the only people who worked at the hangar were SS, himself, sometimes another guy and the Columbian contractors who were doing work on the hangar. MOO

Until that video is seen, it's hard to know what it shows. It could be figures walking around that the prosecution claim to be certain people. Crown evidence is often speculative. I wonder who the other guy is that AJ claimed worked at the hangar?

Just because MS didnt have his own transportation doesn't mean he had no friends that could take him to the hanger.

I know of barely any companies that allow employees to access the workplace after hours. That should not be something that comes as any surprise IMHO.

<modsnip>

My guess is that he was carded due to a passenger with a history. Cops often ask passengers their names as a way to get information. They build their database of associates that way. I don't agree with it as it's intrusive.

Is MS left-handed or right-handed? Did video capture anyone else in the driver's seat at any point? I guess we'll see.

Agreed. I believe her charges would not only be accessory after the fact if she was involved in dropping them off, even if she agreed to testify. I also believe the Crown would have mentioned that in the opening statements.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
IMO, the great part about CN is she KEPT the letters and DVD recorder. IMHO, CN will be one, if not the most, important witness in this case. She's already given a statement to LE. CN is in very deep, very hot water and has absolutely nothing to gain by not telling the truth and nothing but the truth. As a recent graduate, CN has her whole life ahead of her. Letters from DM instructing her to tamper with witnesses, especially if they knew he may get a life sentence? You can't put evidence like that back in the bottle. By now, CN knows that DM is going away for a very long time and it's time for her to move on with her degree and DM free life. The day she gets on the stand could be a very tough day for DM. MOO

It's just ridiculous to think someone worked his way through that tight area and put the gun in a position where the residue ended up on the driver's side.

Isn't the clearest, most obvious solution that DM shot TB?

No not to me it isn't. The most obvious position that had the 'element of surprise' attached to it would be in the rear. I can see it being the best position for grabbing a phone and for smacking someone upside the head as well as shooting a gun.

I don't really think it's possible for the residue to be on the driver's side after a shot from behind because the seats limit a backseat's shooter's mobility and range so much.

The back seat doesn't limit the shooters mobility at all. I have been in a similar truck and there is quite a bit of room for manoeuvring .

I don't understand why some people think it's so important to have the tunnel vision that MS was the assailant.

I think MS was only the getaway driver.

I think some people may have tunnel vision that DM was the assailant, I guess all opinions are out there for scrutiny. If MS was the getaway driver, why wasn't he driving?

IMO, the great part about CN is she KEPT the letters and DVD recorder. IMHO, CN will be one, if not the most, important witness in this case. She's already given a statement to LE. CN is in very deep, very hot water and has absolutely nothing to gain by not telling the truth and nothing but the truth. As a recent graduate, CN has her whole life ahead of her. Letters from DM instructing her to tamper with witnesses, especially if they knew he may get a life sentence? You can't put evidence like that back in the bottle. By now, CN knows that DM is going away for a very long time and it's time for her to move on with her degree and DM free life. The day she gets on the stand could be a very tough day for DM. MOO

Witnesses for the Crown often have a way of becoming witnesses for the defense. It will be interesting how she words her testimony.

Think about this: Donut goes into a Tim Hortons, where he is spotted by cops taking a coffee break. A day later, cops recall sketchy character from coffee shop, when Tim Bosma is widely known to be missing. Seems like a risky and dumb choice. But no one said criminals are smart.

It's just ridiculous to think someone worked his way through that tight area and put the gun in a position where the residue ended up on the driver's side.

Isn't the clearest, most obvious solution that DM shot TB?

I don't really think it's possible for the residue to be on the driver's side after a shot from behind because the seats limit a backseat's shooter's mobility and range so much.

I don't understand why some people think it's so important to have the tunnel vision that MS was the assailant.

I think MS was only the getaway driver.

I'm no gun expert, but the .380 is going to vent under pressure from two points once triggered - from the muzzle towards the target, and from the ejection port upwards and to the right of the gun, as the slide cycles. It's not logical that it would leave residue in the front drivers seat area, if fired from the left-rear.

[/B]

How do we know where it was exactly fired from. Do you have a link?

Do I have a link to a hypothetical scenario being put forth where Tim was shot by a person in the back seat and yet the GSR was located on the ceiling of the front driver's side? Nope, I don't.

Is DM left- or right-handed? Left-handed people are usually somewhat ambidextrous out of necessity from living in a right-handed world.

Is there video of the murder? Seems lots of video is planned to appear, given the Crown's opening statement. If only we knew whether Tim was shot in the right eye.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

Let's not forget MWJ was allegedly selling guns to DM and not MS. However I've been thinking and there must be a reason that both DM and MS came for the test drive. If there was no third driver and MS got out of the truck to drive the Yukon, why didn't he just wait in the Yukon and let DM go get Tim and the truck?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
If there were just the two of them then I would suspect it was the back seat guy role to incapacitate the victim, by strangling perhaps. Then he could get right out into the chase car and follow. If the victim came-to however, there would be a serious problem for a guy alone, requiring the gun. This could have occurred near the Oakwood turn-off. That is one too soon for the best route to Roseville since it would necessitate a drive through Paris. Disposing of the victim then became messy and DM would have been pretty annoyed at his accomplices inept performance.

If there were just the two of them then I would suspect it was the back seat guy role to incapacitate the victim, by strangling perhaps. Then he could get right out into the chase car and follow. If the victim came-to however, there would be a serious problem for a guy alone, requiring the gun. This could have occurred near the Oakwood turn-off. That is one too soon for the best route to Roseville since it would necessitate a drive through Paris. Disposing of the victim then became messy and DM would have been pretty annoyed at his accomplices inept performance.

Why bring a gun if you intend to strangle someone?

So far, there's been no hint that MS was involved at all, except to be there to drive the Yukon and wait for a drive home at the hangar.

Thanks. Handedness wiil definitely be brought up in court, when it comes to who sat where and angles.

I thought I'd better bring this forward, re: the eye.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...tigation-into-the-death-of-wayne-millard.html

Regardless of what employees and extended family were told, police reports and the ME's report would tell the COD. Insurance companies usually want the detailed ME's report in cases where a policy has recently been purchased prior to a death. Suicide and murder could be contestable.

Direct next of kin have access to ME's reports. As MB had divorced WM, I'm thinking she didn't have access to those reports. If she arrived after the police, she may have seen nothing.

Next of kin do not have to share the results of police and ME reports. In fact, they are told to consult a lawyer for advice re: release of info.

Is DM left- or right-handed? Left-handed people are usually somewhat ambidextrous out of necessity from living in a right-handed world.

Is there video of the murder? Seems lots of video is planned to appear, given the Crown's opening statement. If only we knew whether Tim was shot in the right eye.

I had never thought of it, but you could be onto something here. What if MS did video the kill from the backseat with his phone ? These guys might have actually wanted their own snuff film to admire later, or SM may have wanted proof that he was not the shooter. ( DM identified by tatoo on wrist of hand holding the gun ? ) If they blacked out some facial details, they might have been able to sell it. There could have been big money in that, but I think the main target of the crime was the truck, and that it could have been that the gun was only used to threaten Tim out of the car, but it all went wrong. I am a bit surprised that they proceeded after being seen by SB, and the tenant at the Bosma home.

Witnesses for the Crown often have a way of becoming witnesses for the defense. It will be interesting how she words her testimony.
Words her testimony? IIRC, she's given LE an actual statement, so wordsmithing her testimony 2 years later could get pretty dicey for her- no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that anything CN says while testifying in the TB case can be used against her with her own charges, so IMO, there's going to be an outstanding butt saving performance. The Crown obviously has enough evidence on her to charge her with an Accessory after the Fact- the last thing she needs is a perjury charge to top it off. MOO

Most likely though it was DM who had the gun. He was the one who bought the shoulder holster.

does anyone know if this is the same gun he bought off that Matthew guy who is sitting in jail right now? is it the same calibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt