Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many times throughout the discussion, reference has been made to the possibility of DM being a psychopath. The following link (hopefully works - technology is not my expertise) to a list of traits developed by a professor from the University of British Columbia. Interesting reading. Will help to fill the time until the trial resumes next week.

http://www.sociopathicstyle.com/psychopathic-traits/

Enjoy

From the article:

1. GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM: The tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything...

2.GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH: A grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

3.NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM: An excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily ...

4.PATHOLOGICAL LYING: Can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous ...

5.CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS: The use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain ...

More at the link provided by nightshift:
http://www.sociopathicstyle.com/psychopathic-traits/

Since DM was such a "social" guy who loved to host BBQ pool parties, I'd love to know if he hosted one on the Canada Day long weekend in 2012 and who all attended. I guess we'll find out during the LB trial.

When it is suggested that these "minions" of DM know more than they're saying, my mind always goes back to that weekend and what we believe may be the first "BBQ" event that may have involved a victim.

Hoping that whatever conversations that could not be retrieved on MS's devices were picked up from DM's IPhone and we get a clearer picture on Monday. Makes sense why MS used that IPad I messaging system if many of his contacts, including DM and likely MM were using iPhones and he was using a Blackberry. Especially if he didn't have a package plan on any of the phones he was using.

Noticed some question regarding MS looking up ammo for a 9mm and making arrangements to meet someone at a Shoppers on May 18th. Was this the meeting to sell the gun to "Bleach"? Was he looking up ammo to tell a prospective buyer where to purchase some online?

MOO

Just wanted to ask on this. I had thought somehow that this person who was last on the stand was going to present a whole pile of 'communications data', ie what about the texts obtained from DM's cellphone? (I believe previous testimony has indicated that LE had his cellphone?). I guess the data obtained from any other devices such as CN's and/or MM's could be brought up when they are on the witness stand. But I think I read that the Crown is finished already with the technical witness, and he is up for cross examination on Monday. Did I misunderstand? If he has been excused already from the Crown's questioning, then how will DM's data be presented? I am confused!

I'm pretty sure MS knows what gun goes with the shell casing.

Yes. I was just thinking... if the casing was described as having found a 9mm, but MS knew it as a 380.. but I guess if you know your guns, you'd know they were the same?

Just wanted to ask on this. I had thought somehow that this person who was last on the stand was going to present a whole pile of 'communications data', ie what about the texts obtained from DM's cellphone? (I believe previous testimony has indicated that LE had his cellphone?). I guess the data obtained from any other devices such as CN's and/or MM's could be brought up when they are on the witness stand. But I think I read that the Crown is finished already with the technical witness, and he is up from cross examination on Monday. Did I misunderstand? If he has been excused already from the Crown's questioning, then how will DM's data be presented? I am confused!

It is another forensic witness testifying with DM's data on Monday.

Yes. I was just thinking... if the casing was described as having found a 9mm, but MS knew it as a 380.. but I guess if you know your guns, you'd know they were the same?
Same diameter, but the 9mm is a longer length and more powder. Not all handguns calibered in can in one can take the other.
In the case of the Walther PPK in the perps pics, it can take either bullet, but the .380 is preferable over the 9mm ammunition for better control, less recoil etc.
source: http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/article/when-does-a-380-beat-a-9mm/

my opinion only

Just wanted to ask on this. I had thought somehow that this person who was last on the stand was going to present a whole pile of 'communications data', ie what about the texts obtained from DM's cellphone? (I believe previous testimony has indicated that LE had his cellphone?). I guess the data obtained from any other devices such as CN's and/or MM's could be brought up when they are on the witness stand. But I think I read that the Crown is finished already with the technical witness, and he is up from cross examination on Monday. Did I misunderstand? If he has been excused already from the Crown's questioning, then how will DM's data be presented? I am confused!

It's my understanding that a different person will be testifying about DM's data separately, IMO, because the data extraction and analysis was done by two different experts, IMO.

All MOO.

I can easily see how reading WS could become my entire life. Wow, time consuming!

For users of the timeline:

The timeline previously only focused on the period from TB's murder to DM's arrest, but since we now have many tidbits for the period leading up to TB's murder -- and I expect there is more to come -- I felt it would be best to extend the timeline back. Lines like "should I steal the truck from the nice guy or the *******" and "bring a change of clothes", as well as references to the "BBQ" and the generator, are going a long way to proving the premeditation of both a theft and a murder. I suspect that having this information in a chronology will make it even more clear.

Also, the formatting and presentation of the timeline has always been an issue for me (I'm an accountant, not a designer). As the document continues to grow, I decided to revamp it by removing the tabs and consolidating everything on one big page. The intent is to make the information easier to search and navigate, similar to the reporter tweets spreadsheet. I welcome any feedback and suggestions to improve the timeline. Although we are getting to a stage in the trial where the usefulness of this document is declining, I'd like to keep it published as a future reference.

The timeline previously only focused on the period from TB's murder to DM's arrest, but since we now have many tidbits for the period leading up to TB's murder -- and I expect there is more to come -- I felt it would be best to extend the timeline back. Lines like "should I steal the truck from the nice guy or the *******" and "bring a change of clothes", as well as references to the "BBQ" and the generator, are going a long way to proving the premeditation of both a theft and a murder. I suspect that having this information in a chronology will make it even more clear.

Also, the formatting and presentation of the timeline has always been an issue for me (I'm an accountant, not a designer). As the document continues to grow, I decided to revamp it by removing the tabs and consolidating everything on one big page. The intent is to make the information easier to search and navigate, similar to the reporter tweets spreadsheet. I welcome any feedback and suggestions to improve the timeline. Although we are getting to a stage in the trial where the usefulness of this document is declining, I'd like to keep it published as a future reference.

Your compilation and updating of the timeline, witness list and trial exhibits is beyond helpful, billandrew. Thank you so much! :takeabow:

All MOO.

BBM - I disagree! I think the usefulness is increasing.....seeing how everything fits together in one place is beyond useful and I want you thank you (yet again) for all the work you have put into this. Much appreciated!!! :yourock:

Nice!

Off topic......but this article popped up......eerily similar.....and shows how quickly SB and LE got the news out on MSM/social media

This man was last seen April 11 or 12 (the article isn't clear), and it is barely making the news 3 days later.....MOO

https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/...ce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&dlvrit=2040685

"The case sounds eerily similar to the case of Hamilton man Tim Bosma, who also posted his truck for sale in Kajjii. Bosma, 32, left his Ancaster home on May 6, 2013. "

How do you know this, and why would they have yet a different one when they already had one... ?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22h22 hours ago
Leitch says jury will later hear from another officer who has done the same forensics on Millard's phone, ie other end of these chats.

I am guessing they needed more than one officer to go through the devices as they seem to have seized quite a few. Only the officer that examined the device can be the one to testify. There was a previous witness that was an officer who went through the computers from DM's house and testified about those.

I missed the photo of the nice guy Tim looking like a male model (this thread page 1).

ModelphotoTim.jpg

Here it is. :)

The thefts that he admitted he was involved in (I'm sure there were many more) and which apparently started in Oct 2011 according to AM, happened while AM was still living at home. He had only been living at Maplegate for 5 weeks prior to the murder. But he did claim to hang out with DM at the house at least 3-4 times per week prior to moving in.

So he felt "protected" from the law when doing missions with DM because DM had likely been doing a LOT of illegal things for a very long time without being caught because of who he was and his family connections. LE don't seem to focus on what rich kids are doing because they associate crime with poverty and need. This case should be a wake up call to them IMO.

MOO

My biggest beef with our police is that they simply do not care to investigate theft (unless it's like $1,000,000). If anyone you know has had a car stolen, bicycle, computer, etc., you'll know that the last thing police want to do is "open up a case". They'll do anything to pass you along, frustrate you, have you simply give up and walk way dejected and disillusioned. "It's not a police matter, call your insurance company, blah, blah, blah...."

We had a theft from our business (over $2,000) and when we called the police I was amazed at how little interest they had to come to our place of business to take our report. I literally felt like I was bothering them.

Truth of the matter, however, is that theft is a serious crime. In fact, I personally find thieves to be only one level removed from murderers and other hard criminals. I know most won't agree with me, but this is my personal opinion about thieves.

Thieves are also IMO, a nascent form of sociopath/psycopath. Thieves seem to be completely insensitive to the hardship and financial damage they cause individuals and businesses (which are run by individuals with families, not some anonymous entities!!!) Just like seasoned psycopaths, they have no remorse, no regard for the suffering of others.

Dellon the Felon is a byproduct of a system that seems to turn the other cheek when bobcats and trees go missing, and unfortunately only seems to kick in after the sociopath/psychopath has escalated along from seemingly "minor" thefts and conquests, to sadly and tragically even more serious offences such as abduction and murder of innocent people.

If we want to stop monsters like DM (and his gang of hooligans) from terrorizing normal hard working innocent civilians (and businesses), then we have to change how our police go after crimes of theft. I understand that police cannot investigate every single incidence of properly loss, but I have to disagree that it is not acceptable nor should it be acceptable for police to ignore "less" serious acts of theft. The definition of serious is a matter for discussion. But I strongly believe that lack of deterrence in our current system creates monsters like DM. We need to recognize the evil that lurks in thieves, and it's potential to affect all of society if left unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95