Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Day 28th of the trial, SS and DM had text messages on April 27th about a front end loader and if it was supplied with ether. Also DM asked if a forklift worked or not. Sorry to just jump in randomly.

Yes the testimony about the changing of plates I found kind of shocking. Did they bring the plates with them everytime they scoped out a truck?

That was a question I wondered about. DM swapped the Yukon for the Red truck on the 4th, but went back later with CN and swapped the Yukon for the white van. So he was in possession of the Yukon and the Red truck when they went on the test drive with IT. It's important fact that shows they had the opportunity to swap plates on the 5th.

Hard to swap plates if JV had the truck.

MOO

I noticed just now TD asked specifically "Do you know where TODAY that gun would be?"

MS said no and that's entirely possible if he buried it. Told someone where it was and they went and got it later.... So in fact he wouldn't be" lying". THEN he knew, but TODAY he doesn't know.

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Thats what a few of us were trying to point out. That Dungey was speaking of, in the present day.

If MS is telling the truth about the scoping of vehicles, it also jives with DM's message that it would be an all nighter, since they would be going back in the middle of the night to steal it. I just wonder what their plan was between the time they completed the test drive and the time they planned to steal it? They had their change of clothes with them.

I am not saying that was the reason for an all nighter, but it does fit the testimony. But so does a planned murder and cremation.

There is still something not quite right about either one of them shooting TB in the truck. Keeps bringing me back to a "f-up".

MOO

If MS is telling the truth about the scoping of vehicles, it also jives with DM's message that it would be an all nighter, since they would be going back in the middle of the night to steal it. I just wonder what their plan was between the time they completed the test drive and the time they planned to steal it? They had their change of clothes with them.

I am not saying that was the reason for an all nighter, but it does fit the testimony. But so does a planned murder and cremation.

There is still something not quite right about either one of them shooting TB in the truck. Keeps bringing me back to a "f-up".

MOO

Ms never said that he had f'ed up until the heat was on. I think that was what the f-up was: heat. They didn't expect to be caught.

Really gross thought.... but..... remember DM had asked AM for the keys to the bobcat? Was there a bobcat at the farm?

From the spreadsheet is makes someone say "hmmmm."

"Apr 27 ?? Millard texts Schlatman: "check that ether in front end loader is in good supply."

Not quite sure why allowing Tim to call his wife to tell her he would be later as the test drive is longer than anticipated, would be such a bad thing... It would have bought DM more time before LE was starting to look for Tim.... By Tim not answering his phone or responding to texts, that made Sharlene suspicious and worried, and the search began (cell phone records, etc.) merely hours after he left with the 2 men.
<SNIP>

If Tim used his phone DM would know police could track its location and the general direction they were heading .... and DM may have told TB they were heading to his Rosedale Road farm .... no way he could let the call go through.

Ironically DM did not realize the phone would transmit when he turned it off on Oak Point Road.

Probably doesn't matter "where" TB was killed , I am sure it was going to happen that night regardless ,

If Tim used his phone DM would know police could track its location and the general direction they were heading .... and DM may have told TB they were heading to his Rosedale Road farm .... no way he could let the call go through.

Ironically DM did not realize the phone would transmit when he turned it off on Oak Point Road.

Probably doesn't matter "where" TB was killed , I am sure it was going to happen that night regardless ,

From DM's letters:

&#8220;Cell phone records are the most damning piece&#8230;&#8221;

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...y-treated-me-as-though-i-were-hannibal-lecter

Somehow I don't think DM took cell phone records into account when he planned this crime. He wouldn't have damned himself on purpose.

Ms never said that he had f'ed up until the heat was on. I think that was what the f-up was: heat. They didn't expect to be caught.

I never mentioned it was MM that said it, although she did mention it under cross ? BD repeated several times that MS said it to him.

MOO

Hmmmm.. is it possible, given where the phone was found, that DM threw it out of the truck BEFORE TB was shot? Maybe he saw TB take his phone out to check something or message Sharlene and he grabbed it and threw it out of the truck?

I agree because it seems maybe done hastily not with any thought. If they did think twice, they would have had trouble finding it in the dark I would think. IMO But looking at where it landed, I think they had to pull over to Kemira. From Google maps it seems a long throw from the road.

I think AJ, BD, MM, MH and AM were ultimately truthful. They may not have wanted to come out with their stories, but they did.

The LW's, SS, CN and MS have been untruthful and evasive, IMO.

I think IT laid it on thick. JV had a ridiculously complicated relationship with DM and we could have another 4-month trial just to figure out the finances between them, lol, but I think his testimony about events was honest.

My take, anyway.

I'm not sure where I would put MH. There were some discrepancies between his testimony and AM's and I found AM to be more forthcoming.

I agree with your assessment except I'm not certain where to put MS. I don't see a lot of inconsistencies between his testimony and that of the rest.... I could just be primed to believe that DM is a psychopath

Discrepancies I have noticed

1. There is some discrepancy between AJ's testimony and MS's testimony about when DM found out about AJ calling CrimeStoppers.....I think AJ was telling the truth as he remembered it, but actually to me MS's version makes more sense......because DM started covering his tracks and changing plans early evening on the 9th.....and clearly SS was full of you know what when he testified he never told DM about AJ calling CrimeStoppers. TImeline just isn't quite adding up......

2. MS asking for the drugs and "the other thing" from AM - if this happened it does suggest he knew about the toolbox....

I'm not seeing a lot of other discrepancies between MS's version of events and the others.....I agree he isn't telling the WHOLE truth. Bring me back from the dark side Snoop - what else am I missing?

All MOO

Hmmm, using a jack hammer with a shoulder that pops out? Double hmmm!

What MS did right, however, was leave text messages about his shoulder before the crime occurred. So there is evidence the shoulder had been bothering him. IMO

Hmmmm.. is it possible, given where the phone was found, that DM threw it out of the truck BEFORE TB was shot? Maybe he saw TB take his phone out to check something or message Sharlene and he grabbed it and threw it out of the truck?

I say no .... they arrived at Bobcat 9:49 pm and the phone was turned off as they were leaving (10:01 pm) .... plus the natural way to throw something out would be out the drivers window over top the roof and fits with it being at the Kamira water yard.

Okay, if you say so, but in reality, what is the big crapping-pants-worthy revelation that you discovered? If he meant 2 minutes, oh well. If he meant 2 guns, where are they. What's the conspiracy?

If there were two guns it would explain Smich's amnesia about where he buried them. If it were just Millard's gun buried, he'd actually be helping himself by telling LE where they were. If there are two guns there, his story goes to crap if he tells LE where to find them.

From DM's letters:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...y-treated-me-as-though-i-were-hannibal-lecter

Somehow I don't think DM took cell phone records into account when he planned this crime. He wouldn't have damned himself on purpose.

Based on lack of passwords on devices, non-obfuscated browser search history, gaming computers covered in dust, and not being able to figure out how to wipe the DVR, I'd say he wasn't very technically savvy. He probably knew about "burner" phones from television (he's a fan of Breaking Bad, after all) but didn't think too hard about the details.

Edit: heh, I just cracked myself up remembering that he made the "never trust an addict" quote. So he considered himself the Heisenberg to MS's Jesse Pinkman.

I say no .... they arrived at Bobcat 9:49 pm and the phone was turned off as they were leaving (10:01 pm) .... plus the natural way to throw something out would be out the drivers window over top the roof and fits with it being at the Kamira water yard.

Another stupid move. If the phone had been dumped somewhere else, LE likely would never have discovered the Bobcat dealership video.

I never mentioned it was MM that said it, although she did mention it under cross ? BD repeated several times that MS said it to him.

MOO

BD's testimony:

Colin ButlerVerified account &#8207;@ColinButlerCBC Apr 5
Daly asked Smich about the othe day, Smich became rattled and shaken, Smich answered "I ****ed up" over and over again #Bosma

Ann Brocklehurst &#8207;@AnnB03 Apr 5
#TimBosma trial witness Brendan Daly testifies Mark Smich said "the n____s are coming to get me. I ****ed up." No additional comment

Susan ClairmontVerified account &#8207;@susanclairmont Apr 6
Smich told Daly: "I ****ed up," not "Dell ****ed up." Smich said he was concerned Dell would rat him out. Blame him for something.

MM's testimony:

Jen Watson &#8207;@WatsonCHML Apr 25
Meneses agrees Smich told her "I ****ed up" on the night of May 6th.

Susan ClairmontVerified account &#8207;@susanclairmont Apr 26
Dungey resumes cross exam. Going to Meneses' evidence that Smich said "I ****ed up. I ****ed up." Meneses says it was about #Bosma murder.

What MS did right, however, was leave text messages about his shoulder before the crime occurred. So there is evidence the shoulder had been bothering him. IMO

I'm curious why no medical records of his doctor visit have been produced by either side. Can they be subpoenaed?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6548495--i-did-not-kill-mr-bosma-smich-testifies/

I'm trying to take a break for a bit, but I read this article by Molly Hayes and thought you all may like to read it as well. It mentions that MS testified that DM pretended to receive a text on his cell phone (from the "friend" who dropped them off at TB's) before they even left the driveway of TB's home! I had been wondering about that detail and had posted my concern previously, because without a text or call from the imaginary lost friend, TB wouldn't have bought the excuse to detour to the field lane way, and also MS's story didn't seem plausible, IMO. I think that story now makes more sense, IMO.

It also explains why the truck swerved as it left the driveway, according to SB or WdB's testimony (can't recall who said it) as they watched the truck drive off, IMO.

Okay... Back to trying to detach from here for a bit. :)

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member