Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember exactly what BD said, but I believe under cross he indicated that MS had anger problems.

MOO

Didn't he also say MS would say things of a very violent nature and that he was a little scared of MS?

TD showed a character reference from MS's teacher (when he was incarcerated and clean) but BD's character reference is likely more true to how he was at the time of these events.

Moo

I agree that DM most likely shot Tim, from the driver's seat. deugirtini was pointing out that it would be a good closing for Dungey to get an expert to assert that the shot came from the driver's seat. You said the expert testimony already said that, and I was pointing out that it in fact hadn't. I agree with deugirtini that it would definitely benefit Dungey/MS if they had an expert that would say that.

I don't know where they would find such an expert plus it would make that previous expert's testimony worthless. Wouldn't it?

You bring up a great point IMO, one I've stated here before and my concern was dismissed. I do find it extremely odd that most of those who testified with the exception of DM's uncle have shown little to no animosity toward either accused for having done what they are accused of nor any obvious resentment or anger for the accused having involved them in their crimes, IMO. LW2 and CN showed a lot of anger and resentment, but curiously IMO it seemed to be misdirected towards police for the inconveniences suffered and not directed at DM who got them on LE's radar, IMO. You'd think they would all have behaved more like RB did, had they been truly shocked and sickened by the behaviours of the accused, IMO.

All MOO.

Arthur Jennings wasn't too happy with DM as I recall.

I don't know where they would find such an expert plus it would make that previous expert's testimony worthless. Wouldn't it?

Yeah, I don't know. It's not uncommon in the trials I've followed to have expert witnesses giving different opinions about the same evidence, depending on whether the Crown or defense brought them in. Then it's up to the jury to decide which expert they believe.

I have missed the discussions on here this week because I've been attending the trial each day and then catching up at work during the evenings. Today I quickly skimmed through this week's threads and was shocked to find that so many people believe MS's story. I hope the jury isn't similarly fooled. His story, which conveniently removes him from the murder and the cleanup while pinning it all on DM, is extremely weak IMO. It contains numerous holes and fits awkwardly into the other evidence. What a liar this guy is. I'm looking forward to the Crown going up and ripping him to pieces next week. They will out his lies and make sure his true character -- a violent, evil killer who conspired with DM to murder the owner of a truck -- is revealed to all. JMO.

I have missed the discussions on here this week because I've been attending the trial each day and then catching up at work during the evenings. Today I quickly skimmed through this week's threads and was shocked to find that so many people believe MS's story. I hope the jury isn't similarly fooled. His story, which conveniently removes him from the murder and the cleanup while pinning it all on DM, is extremely weak IMO. It contains numerous holes and fits awkwardly into the other evidence. What a liar this guy is. I'm looking forward to the Crown going up and ripping him to pieces next week. They will out his lies and make sure his true character -- a violent, evil killer who conspired with DM to murder the owner of a truck -- is revealed to all. JMO.

I'm with you. Wish I'd been able to attend court and happy to hear that you could, and have shared your opinion.

Arthur Jennings wasn't too happy with DM as I recall.

When I consider what AJ likely knew by the time he testified, and that he was no longer in contact or communicating with SS, I would have expected more outrage from him about DM, but I can give him some leeway because I think he was sincerely scared of DM, and likely still scared for himself and his family, IMO. He said when he realized that it was TB's truck in the hangar, and after speaking with SS, he wondered if he would get whacked! I believe any anger he had toward DM was tempered on the stand by his ongoing fear, IMO.

We heard testimony that the incinerator heats to 1400 degrees fehrenheit I believe. That is enough to melt Aluminum plates which Ontario has had for a while. It is not enough to melt steel.

As for a ring, it depends what it is made of....

Do we know if Tim even wore a wedding ring?
Not all men do...

Does anyone on here know if we actually saw a picture of the sausages on the frying pan that MS sent to DM? I've heard a lot of people calling them sausages on a BBQ, but when I read back it says sausages on a frying pan, but I couldn't find the actual image. I'd be interested in seeing this if anyone has it as well as knowing whether the image was just sent to DM or to others as well.

This makes me think if they were just going to scope out a vehicle to steal it then why didn't they go back and take igors newer model? His testimony stated they knew how to steal it without the driver. What was stopping them? They could have gone back late at night and ripped it off. I now call bs on the testimony I do believe Millard might have been alone while the shooting occurred but you don't need to be feeling that good to be a look out and drive

YES !!! .... I have been thinking the same thing ..... it sounds like TB's truck was a bit of a beater ($24k - older - trans repaired) compared to Igor's truck (newer $32k)

Two days after Marks testimony I am believing it less and less ... at least the scoping-to-steal-later part.

Didn't MS say one of the things they were "scoping out" was whether the truck had GPS? Maybe Igor's (being a newer model) had it? It seems that after the incident with the GPS on the bobcat leading to the police arriving at the hanger, they were aware this could be an issue. Do we know if TB's Ram had GPS?

Also, someone mentioned about these trucks needing a special chipped key (sorry, I'm not sure who it was, or I would give you credit for this info!) Do we know how far back in model years it goes before this became a standard feature? Is it possible that these keys were optional for the years they were scouting, but whether the specific vehicle had them or not, might need to be "scoped out"? And if they didn't have the special keys, wouldn't they be easier to hotwire if you went back to steal it later? Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about stealing cars, I'm just trying to understand.

Really all just questions, and I don't know anything, so all MOO.

thanks.

Do we know if Tim even wore a wedding ring?
Not all men do...

TB did indeed wear a wedding ring.

Sharlene Bosma still wears her wedding rings. Still considers herself married. And because any of Tim’s belongings recovered by investigators are evidence — she had a replica of Tim’s wedding ring that fits her finger. It’s another way she keeps him close — after the worst year of her life.

http://www.chch.com/tim-bosma-son-husband-remembered/

billandrew, I think it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, you are a member here whose opinion I always respect, value and appreciate. As you know I tend to be swayed often as more witnesses testify and more "stories" get told, but as much as I would like to believe, (and did for quite a long time), that MS was not involved in the planning and murder of TB, I am in the past week or so leaning in the direction that he was in on all aspects of it, IMO. You often bring clarity to the facts when you post, at least for me, and I just want to thank you for sharing your perspective. I trust it.

All MOO.

Does anyone on here know if we actually saw a picture of the sausages on the frying pan that MS sent to DM? I've heard a lot of people calling them sausages on a BBQ, but when I read back it says sausages on a frying pan, but I couldn't find the actual image. I'd be interested in seeing this if anyone has it as well as knowing whether the image was just sent to DM or to others as well.

It's my belief (based on nothing other than the fact that you can't find these references anywhere but WS now) that the journalists agreed not to distribute those images, if they were available to them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-37&p=12477050&highlight=Sausage#post12477050

Edit: re-read that sequence, the sausage stuff is as damning as ever, but the fireworks doesn't sound like it means the same thing. Smich says "I thought it was fireworks time but it's not yet" to DM, and I don't think Smich would be making that call.

I also forgot about the weird declarations of love.

When I consider what AJ likely knew by the time he testified, and that he was no longer in contact or communicating with SS, I would have expected more outrage from him about DM, but I can give him some leeway because I think he was sincerely scared of DM, and likely still scared for himself and his family, IMO. He said when he realized that it was TB's truck in the hangar, and after speaking with SS, he wondered if he would get whacked! I believe any anger he had toward DM was tempered on the stand by his ongoing fear, IMO.

I don't blame him. I would have gone straight to the police and demand protection though.

I wonder why AJ doesn't speak with SS? Is it because of this case or did his daughter end her relationship with him?

It's my belief (based on nothing other than the fact that you can't find these references anywhere but WS now) that the journalists agreed not to distribute those images, if they were available to them.

Just like the Bobcat video with the sound.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-37&p=12477050&highlight=Sausage#post12477050

I don't really agree with them if they did. Journalists serve an important purpose to those of us that cannot get to these trials. Especially in Canada where trials are not videotaped or televised, it is important that we all keep our eyes on legal proceedings to ensure that nobody's liberties are violated and that defendants are treated fairly. When journalist en masse decide that we should not see something because they don't like it, the whole system is put in jeopardy. I already don't like the fact that some of these journalists (not all) are obviously not impartial. I would prefer to get my news from somebody that doesn't care one way or another if the defendants are guilty or innocent. I feel that all the evidence goes through a "their guilty" filter before it ever reaches me.

I agree, sealing it in duct tape suggests that he was at least considering retrieving it at some point. It would also suggest that he buried it somewhere that he knew he'd be able to find it again. So ask yourselves why he doesn't offer it to LE?

2 guns.

I believe you're right on target about 2 guns and the obvious reason why MS can't lead LE to where they are - buried or otherwise, IMO.

All MOO.

Just like the Bobcat video with the sound.

See my post above. IMO this is a very key piece of evidence that was kept from us. Is Smich lying and TB was shot in the field or was he shot at the Bobcat dealership like Smich says? It all rests on that sound and we are kept from hearing it.

Its BS I tells ya!

Friday rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members