Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witnesses are not summoned so that the court can hear their assumptions.... What else did he assume and now stating as a fact?

If you look at the post I quoted, I'm not speaking of the witness. They asked why not assume mr bosma is tying his shoes ect. I believe both were aware of the plan and that was to kill someone for the truck. What I'm wondering why haven't the security features of this truck model been entered into evidence? That they required a key? It wasn't able to be hotwired, the engine block smashed? The fact ss taught them how to steal an older model vechicle in that manner is irrelevant her as it would not work with this truck. IMO that would also show why they needed the driver to be present

Seeing my partner put a gun into his scatchel might make me think that he didn't want to leave his gun in the vehicle with a stranger. It probably wouldn't enter my mind that my partner had just randomly murdered someone.

Such an awful thing to even talk about . :/
maybe in the US where people commonly do carry weapons, but in Canada if someone has a gun especially a pistol big red flag something isn't right

If you look at the post I quoted, I'm not speaking of the witness. They asked why not assume mr bosma is tying his shoes ect. I believe both were aware of the plan and that was to kill someone for the truck. What I'm wondering why haven't the security features of this truck model been entered into evidence? That they required a key? It wasn't able to be hotwired, the engine block smashed? The fact ss taught them how to steal an older model vechicle in that manner is irrelevant her as it would not work with this truck. IMO that would also show why they needed the driver to be present

Yes, I agree. I guess I was thinking about something else when posting a reply. Why didn't Sachak bring all this up. It's a valid assumption to make when thinking about it, but the accused better keep his mouth shut.

Somebody posted a message few weeks ago in this forum, to the tune of "why lawyer up". This is exactly the type of thing that gets in people in trouble. People who make too many assumptions.
Detective: "What happened to the victim?"
Innocent Citizen: "He was shot"
Detective: "How do you know? Did you shoot him? Were you there?"
Innocent Citizen: "I read it on the news that there was a gun found on the scene"
Detective: "But they didn't say he was shot. It was the VICTIM'S gun that was found. Please turn around to the wall and keep your hands behind your back."

True but obtaining a lawyer is your legal right. I do know making assumtions can seal your fate. I believe they have had three years to both come up with an explanation of the events. That being said although smichs testimony seems to fit the evidence more, I believe IMO we have been searching for answers for this senseless crime for three years. Since he is the only one who got up and told his version of the events that night it's easier to believe him for a lot of people. Since Millards story through his lawyer sounds a little ridiculous I'm referring to the "oh no!" Not to mention his tales through his letters to CN. Make him very unbelievable. I believe the evidence speaks the truth. The fact that smich conveniently can not remember where to find the SIM cardsand the gun are big red flags he has something more to hide. Both of their butts are on the line it's clear they would say anything to save them. What I do know for sure Walt Disney would not tell either of these tales

DM's satchel/purse found by LE after a wash machine cycle, and no detectable forensics, has me reading between the lines who the shooter was

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't today the third anniversary of MS's takedown? Happy anniversary Smich

I can buy into MS burying the gun and being unable to find it later... I not sure what to think about the SIM cards - I am not sure how they work and didn't know they are interchangeable --- what I have a problem with is MS is the last person DM is with before he is arrested. How can that 50 minutes @Speers road be not memorable??? Apparently Daly was there. Daly says in his testimony he let Millard into the apartment, once and 'nothing unusual happened' Must have been that day.

It is certain that by then DM is anticipating being arrested; The suits came nosing around the hangar... The red Ram was stashed, SS told him that AJ called crimestoppers, Scott was cautioned to stay away due to heat. DM had to have been bug eyed and bouncing with stress & adrenaline. Is really hard to believe nothing remarkable was said.

Seeing my partner put a gun into his scatchel might make me think that he didn't want to leave his gun in the vehicle with a stranger. It probably wouldn't enter my mind that my partner had just randomly murdered someone.

Such an awful thing to even talk about . :/

Handguns look so weird, out of place and alarming to your average Canadian that 99 times out of 100 nobody is going to think anything other than wtf? Think going to your grandma's and finding a box of Trojans and a bowl of anthrax on the table for the necessary discomfort, shock and alarm.

DM's satchel/purse found by LE after a wash machine cycle, and no detectable forensics, has me reading between the lines who the shooter was

Good catch !!! ... a small clue like that has major significance if we stop and think about it .

I can buy into MS burying the gun and being unable to find it later... I not sure what to think about the SIM cards - I am not sure how they work and didn't know they are interchangeable --- what I have a problem with is MS is the last person DM is with before he is arrested. How can that 50 minutes @Speers road be not memorable??? Apparently Daly was there. Daly says in his testimony he let Millard into the apartment, once and 'nothing unusual happened' Must have been that day.

It is certain that by then DM is anticipating being arrested; The suits came nosing around the hangar... The red Ram was stashed, SS told him that AJ called crimestoppers, Scott was cautioned to stay away due to heat. DM had to have been bug eyed and bouncing with stress & adrenaline. Is really hard to believe nothing remarkable was said.

Meaning only to address the point that DM knew he was going to be arrested: I honestly think the incomprehensible idiot thought he was okay. He had "retooled for stormy weather" and the evidence was "all clear". In some spindly trees and and at his mom's house. With the overweening and delusional self belief of his personality type he seemed to truly think he was the smooth, charming, eminently convincing Dellen Millard and they just had to lay low for a bit. Unbelievable disconnection from the scope and reality of the trouble he was in.

I do believe that both MS and DM planned to take TB's truck (if DM liked it and gave the signal to MS that it was a go) and I do think they both were fully committed to murdering and incinerating TB. I think the original plan got changed only in that TB was shot inside the truck. Either or both could have shot TB by simply pulling the trigger too soon before TB could comply with their command to leave the truck.

Maybe the reason the incinerator was not taken to the hangar in advance was because they simply didn't have the time, or perhaps DM didn't want to transport it there during daylight hours so made a decision to get it after the murder when it would be dark and when less traffic would be on the road. I don't recall, or know if it is known what they were both up to before TB's test drive that day, but I do recall that DM had to drive to Oakville to pick up MS and the time for the test drive was initially supposed to have happened earlier in the evening but it got delayed by DM.

Those words, "I'm taking the truck" do sound true to me, but they don't sound like something MS would have suddenly announced to DM and TB. After all, it wasn't the point for MS to decide if and when DM would think TB's truck satisfactory - that would have been DM's call, IMO. Those words do sound very much like a signal from DM to MS that it was time to murder TB and take the truck but I think one or both acted rashly and shot TB inside of the truck too soon.

All MOO.

So, you're saying that their plan was to shoot him, but not inside the truck, but then load his bloody body back into the truck and then take it to the farm for the incinerator and then take it to the hanger? <modsnip> To me, the circumstances of the shooting and after lead me to believe it was not planned by anyone who had access to the tools necessary to dispose of a body, nor by anyone who wanted that vehicle but didn't want to put a lot of work into it.

<modsnip>

I can buy burying the gun and not being able to find it later. I can't buy just having no idea at all what approximate area you put it. You might not know the exact spot but you would remember where you went to bury it.

I talked to a cop who worked on the case and he said the reason he thinks they did it was for the thrill of stealing that truck and killing them for it. Plus he says because they probably did it before, they thought they could get away with it again (Laura Babcock). There was proof that the Eliminator was used to incinerate something (bone fragments). This is not anything new to anyone here.

Can anyone remember when MS said the n****s are coming for me? Was it after DM was arrested?

I've been reading along all week and just now have had the opportunity to comment on two things that stuck out to me.

First, regarding the sausage/furniture pics, couldn't that be explained away by the May 2-4 weekend? Either as items they need to get for the cottage, or in anticipation for the long weekend? (not that I think MS is innocent)

Second, DM/MS shooting Tim in the truck and then driving 45 minutes to an hour (from Ancaster to the farm, or Ancaster to Waterloo) with Tim's body/blood in the truck. That's a super sketchy thing to do if you don't want to get caught/are trying to be covert (not to mention DM actually wanting the truck to be drivable), so I'd guess that he wasn't meant to die at that moment. In that case, I think it is possible there was a struggle for the gun once it was brandished and Tim did get killed as a result of that struggle.

Just thinking out loud here.

"Getting you a base and me a truck" text from DM to MS.

I was reading the texts between DM and MWJ. DM asked which "base" to meet at. MWJ replied "base 2"

So base is meaning a place/house in the text to MS from DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member