Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the n***s were the police, why didn't he say so? He said DM. DM was already arrested, though.

I am of Dutch heritage. As a group, it is true that there is a closeness and comraderie, also within church community. In the TB case, there was power in the organizing of the search and the fast publicity. But I believe this can be attributed more to TB and SB social networks, which consisted of both Dutch heritage and non-dutch heritage people.

There is zero evidence of the Dutch community, or TB social network and friends "coming to get MS", or being of any vigilante bent, in this or any other cases I am aware of. Actually, there is evidence that the friends assisted the police within the confines of the law.
As such, I do not believe MS testimony relating to the comment of TB friends being who he was afraid of.

I believe MS was referring to the police. He feared them, they had already nabbed DM, and he realized the police don't F around. OPP Major Case Management took over, organized multiple forces working in harmony, and this was a force that neither DM nor MS could hope of getting away from.

Credit to the various Police forces and individual members, esp Mike Kavanaugh, for a well executed investigation.

To be fair, SC April 6 tweeted this which was shortly after the n----as conversation: "Jury is back. Crown Moodie to Daly: did Smich express any concerns about the victim's friends coming to get him? Daly: yes. Apr 06, 2016

I chalk that up to BD being nervous as it does not make any sense. I suspect he meant MS was afraid of DM's 'friends' not the victims. People testifying often make alot of simple mistakes out of nervousness. To me this is one of them.

I chalk that up to BD being nervous as it does not make any sense. I suspect he meant MS was afraid of DM's 'friends' not the victims. People testifying often make alot of simple mistakes out of nervousness. To me this is one of them.

BD was not nervous. He was a very self-assured witness. Plus he was given his police interview notes to refresh his memory.

Also, BD doesn't have a reason to lie. MS does.

It's called tunnel vision when you refuse to accept evidence you don't like. I see that happening a lot among those struggling to believe MS's story. Everything that contradicts it is systematically dismissed.

To be fair, SC April 6 tweeted this which was shortly after the n----as conversation: "Jury is back. Crown Moodie to Daly: did Smich express any concerns about the victim's friends coming to get him? Daly: yes. Apr 06, 2016
Taking out these two words and his answer fits a little better.

Just caught up on the last few hours of the thread. With regard to Tim Bosma's friends coming after MS: So BD first couldn't remember and said no, then reread his statement where he said he 'assumed', was cut off for an assumption by Dungey and then after legal arguments said yes. This is the kind of thing where I think it's wise to avoid assigning a witness' words their weight in gold. These guys spent most of their time together high and none, some or all of it may have been lost in translation. Who knows what MS really meant or if it was real, faked or gangsta posing. MS claimed he meant Millard, and again who knows if that's true, a lie or a garbled memory. Only safe takeaway from it for me is that MS had consciousness of guilt and expressed...something.

Just caught up on the last few hours of the thread. With regard to Tim Bosma's friends coming after MS: So BD first couldn't remember and said no, then reread his statement where he said he 'assumed', was cut off for an assumption by Dungey and then after legal arguments said yes. This is the kind of thing where I think it's wise to avoid assigning a witness' words their weight in gold. These guys spent most of their time together high and none, some or all of it may have been lost in translation. Who knows what MS really meant or if it was real, faked or gangsta posing. MS claimed he meant Millard, and again who knows if that's true, a lie or a garbled memory. Only safe takeaway from it for me is that MS had consciousness of guilt and expressed...something.

That's fine for you except I was in the courtroom through all Daly's testimony not just reading a Twitter feed. I saw when Daly was open to suggestion and when he very clearly wasn't. It's an extremely safe takeaway for me that what he meant was that Mark Smich said he was scared the victim's friends were coming to get him.

<modsnip>

If you exclude the story by Walt Disney and the drug dealer who writes rap songs based on fantasy, the evidence as a whole shows both directly involved with the murder and the clean up.

Both stories have too many inconsistencies when compared to other direct and circumstantial evidence, that I wonder how much weight they even hold come judgment day?

MOO

If the Bobcat stop is where DM supposedly made a sudden swerve, the video doesn't seem to corroborate on that IMO. Maybe he swerved over the train tracks.

In fact the 'swerve' may have been the sudden turn down Oak Park Rd from Paris rd that led to the stop at Bobcat several hundred yards later.

That's fine for you except I was in the courtroom through all Daly's testimony not just reading a Twitter feed. I saw when Daly was open to suggestion and when he very clearly wasn't. It's an extremely safe takeaway for me that what he meant was that Mark Smich said he was scared the victim's friends were coming to get him.

<modsnip>

Would it be fair to say that from the perspective of MS and BD of 3 years ago..... clouded by weed ... they might expect the Bosma's to come after them just as they might some of their other friends eg MWJ in a similar situation.
Those of us not in cloud of weed will see it differently and think it unlikely.
is it really what MS thought, could be.
All MOO

Would it be fair to say that from the perspective of MS and BD of 3 years ago..... clouded by weed ... they might expect the Bosma's to come after them just as they might some of their other friends eg MWJ in a similar situation.
Those of us not in cloud of weed will see it differently and think it unlikely.
is it really what MS thought, could be.
All MOO

You can think what you want. But it's actual evidence that a sober Brendan Daly said in court that Smich was scared the victim's friends would come after him. <modsnip>

Do you have verifiable evidence? I was looking online for some.

Good Morning Claroon......I know that I had seen a photo of a gutted meter box attached to the side of the barn and so this morning I went searching to put this one to rest once and for all. Not easy...45 minutes searching and checking Google images but in the end the elusive photo has been found.
I was unable to copy the photo and so I have included the link to CP 24 http://www.cp24.com/news/search-resumes-at-farm-belonging-to-murder-suspect-1.1447927 . I will try to post the photo separately.

The meter is clearly visible on the rubble wall of the barn.....but it appears to be an empty housing with no glass and internal workings ....in fact if the photo is enlarged it appears to have cut wires sticking out of the empty round face of the housing where the actual metering device should be. On rural properties, the landowner pays for all of the equipment to hook up electrical service from the hydro line on the main road to the designated structure and so when power was disconnected, the lines and empty housing would be the property of the landowner and would have been left intact.
This photo is date stamped as of September 10, 2013....and I did find one other similar photo of poorer quality date stamped May 16, 2013 in the Toronto Sun entitled "Police investigate incinerator's role in Tim Bosma slaying"

Hope this puts to its final rest the question of whether there was electricity to the barn on May 6, 2013.

Do you have verifiable evidence? I was looking online for some.

photo of electrical meter at the Millard barn.....
image.jpg
Officers are shown searching a North Dumfries farm belonging to murder suspect Dellen Millard in this aerial photo

photo of electrical meter at the Millard barn.....
image.jpg

Officers are shown searching a North Dumfries farm belonging to murder suspect Dellen Millard in this aerial photo

Meter is definitely missing.

If there was power, DM and CN would not have needed a flashlight at the barn. And CN would have seen the squeaky floor.

MOO

I think we are weighing judgments here like

What did Smich say?
What did Smich mean or intend to convey when he said it?
How coherent was his thinking and communication at the time?
What did Daly hear Smich say?
What factors impacted his interpretation of those words from context, to Smich's state of mind to the impairment by drugs of one or both?

When you weigh all these things and the various possible permutations I think one of the very least likely possibilities is that Smich believed an HVAC posse was on its way, said that explicitly to Daly, who comprehended it perfectly, testified to it resoundingly, and Smich, caught in a deadly admission, is now lying about it.

The next least likely possibility is that Smich decided to suggest an HVAC posse for some material benefit to himself that is ungraspable by the average non-stoner, non-murdery population.

That leaves a lot of rather unclear, tangled alternate interpretations as better possibilities in my thinking. Again, the important takeaway here to me is that Mark was paranoid and or fearful about something, which seems to acknowledge involvement, consciousness of guilt and expected retribution.

If the Bobcat stop is where DM supposedly made a sudden swerve, the video doesn't seem to corroborate on that IMO. Maybe he swerved over the train tracks.

I would think the truck would have swerved more than once if the driver was holding a gun on the passenger. LE has said since the beginning that there were signs of a struggle.

I have no idea how someone could drive and hold a gun on someone, personally. I hate to take my eyes off the road long enough to fool around with my stereo or GPS, and even then my eyes always have to keep darting back to the road.

MS's story would have made more sense if he said he saw a lot of erratic driving or if he said the truck pulled over and then he saw a flash and heard a shot.

But DM's friends already showed MS that they wanted nothing to do with him when they brought all the things he asked for to the stairwell, and BD already knew about that. From what I know of rap culture, n*****s is not a description of race or colour, but a term to show disrespect when describing someone despised, it can be used for anyone they hate, no matter the affiliation.

I think the point of BD's testimony about MS's fear that n*****s were coming to get him is more an example of how manipulative and lying MS was. He told BD something that expressed his genuine fear (of being arrested) while still making himself look tough and gangsta.

I would think the truck would have swerved more than once if the driver was holding a gun on the passenger. LE has said since the beginning that there were signs of a struggle.

I have no idea how someone could drive and hold a gun on someone, personally. I hate to take my eyes off the road long enough to fool around with my stereo or GPS, and even then my eyes always have to keep darting back to the road.

MS's story would have made more sense if he said he saw a lot of erratic driving or if he said the truck pulled over and then he saw a flash and heard a shot.

<modsnip> There's a good reason these low life's talk in code. This code has no A=x. It's all inference. These things could have all kinds of meanings and there is no definitive code book to prove anything! That includes pictures of breakfast sausage.

I noticed we were expected to dismiss the comment from LE about signs of a struggle because the crown didn't mention it but we are supposed to accept the hearsay "evidence" from someone interpreting the cryptic meaning of n*****s said by MS?

I never said to dismiss the signs of a struggle, I'm suggesting that MS's story skipped over the struggle.

I'm also saying that MS could have been describing anyone to BD, and what the take away is, for me at least, is that BD remembers MS being scared that people were out to get him. At that point DM was in jail and his friends were seeking to distance themselves, not seeking revenge on MS, and BD knew that.

People have no trouble accepting the hearsay evidence that DM was planning to steal a truck from an ******* or a nice guy, or that he asked for a hose to be run all day, why should we not be allowed to accept the hearsay evidence of someone like BD, who appears to have nothing to gain by lying about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb