Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #17 [06.03.16 to 06.09.16]

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would almost guarantee it was never used on a deer. Where are these guys going to get a deer?

And how how would they lift it into the incinerator? Both having bad shoulders and all (lol). Crane? Forklift? Deer is probably code for LB. MOO

Would almost guarantee it was never used on a deer. Where are these guys going to get a deer?

A deer is most likely a whole lot heavier than Tim. With all their bad shoulders and such it would be quite the task to get the deer in there. :rolleyes:

<rsbm>

With the exception of considering the fake text, my assessments of DM were NOT based on MS's version but are independent of MS's testimony.

FWIW, I can't find it anywhere in the trial tweets that Bullman testified that the vehicles were deep in the field, only that he saw the 2 vehicles leaving his father's driveway. It was in the Crown's closing argument where TL said Bullman said they were "deeper in the field"

From AC's trial tweets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...U/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true#

Line 249
Bullman says on May 6 he saw two vehicles pull out of his father's driveway going down towards Brantford.

Line 7340 of AC's tweets
Dungey also talking about Bullman testifying that he didn't see any vehicle marks deep in the field

Line 7767 of AC's tweets
Rick Bullman also said the truck and the SUV were deeper in the field than Smich said. Leitch says they should believe Bullman

Does anyone know where, and how deep in the field, LE found the lighter from the hemp store ? Did it have any DNA on it ?

I live in Ontario, in a semi-rural area. Deer getting hit on the roads is a problem all the time. It would be pretty easy to come across some road kill, especially if you had friends who knew you wanted a carcass. They could also have shot one. I imagine they were on DM's farm. There is also the possibility of course that the deer was LB, as has been suggested on this forum earlier. IMO

There were lots on the farm as per witnesses. Can't assume he couldn't shoot one, or have one shot. Who knows. Certainly isn't the kind of thing anybody should be sure about either way though I don't think.

I live in Ontario, in a semi-rural area. Deer getting hit on the roads is a problem all the time. It would be pretty easy to come across some road kill, especially if you had friends who knew you wanted a carcass. They could also have shot one. I imagine they were on DM's farm. There is also the possibility of course that the deer was LB, as has been suggested on this forum earlier. IMO

That makes sense. They would need to explain why the incinerator had been used previously. Being interested in cooking, if he had killed a deer, he would have eaten part of the deer IMO.

A deer is most likely a whole lot heavier than Tim. With all their bad shoulders and such it would be quite the task to get the deer in there. :rolleyes:

too funny-we had very similar comments within moments of each other.

Does anyone know:
a) whether the accused will be present during judge's instructions (I guess so because they have the right to hear how they will be judged by the jury)?
b) where the accused will be during deliberations? Do they stay in the court house somewhere until the jury has reached a decision? So if it takes days the accused will be sitting somewhere in seperate rooms with their lawyers and police guard just waiting?

Thanks!

Yes, the accused will be present during the judge's charge to the jury.

I believe that while the jury deliberates, the accused will be returned to their jail cells, and then brought back to the courtroom when the jury reaches its verdict.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DM's the only one with a fully operational chop shop and personal mechanic. There had to have been a heck of a lot more "missions" to warrant paying SS his full time salary. We have heard testimony on only a few as this is a murder case and not a theft or drug related charge. For some of the players it may have appeared to be for kicks but for others it was a full time job. Who profited???? DM

It was also MS's source of income.

Yeah. I don't remember seeing anything about DM selling this stolen stuff off for any big profits. Sounds like it was costing him more than he gained from any of it. But it was a source of income for MS. That could be why he was always on the lookout for more.

Yeah. I don't remember seeing anything about DM selling this stolen stuff off for any big profits. Sounds like it was costing him more than he gained from any of it. But it was a source of income for MS. That could be why he was always on the lookout for more.
What was MS source of income? People testified DM was cheap.

I believe that while the jury deliberates, the accused will be returned to their jail cells, and then brought back to the courtroom when the jury reaches its verdict.

I would love to see the look on DM's face when the jury says he is guilty of first degree murder.

There were lots on the farm as per witnesses. Can't assume he couldn't shoot one, or have one shot. Who knows. Certainly isn't the kind of thing anybody should be sure about either way though I don't think.

Maybe that was MS'S target practice....if there actually was a deer.

Deer hunters, would a Walther 380 kill a deer? Don't imagine they'd get too close to a wild deer to shoot it at close range.

Does anyone know where, and how deep in the field, LE found the lighter from the hemp store ? Did it have any DNA on it ?

I am not sure how deep in the field the lighter was found. I could be wrong, but I think if it had DNA or fingerprints or any other identifying factor on it, that would have been introduced into evidence.

MOO

DM's the only one with a fully operational chop shop and personal mechanic. There had to have been a heck of a lot more "missions" to warrant paying SS his full time salary. We have heard testimony on only a few as this is a murder case and not a theft or drug related charge. For some of the players it may have appeared to be for kicks but for others it was a full time job. Who profited???? DM

From MH's tweets on February 18th:

No cross. Next up: Jason McGrath, a plumber. He had access to the 2548 Roseville Rd. farm through Evan Snider, to go hunting.
He'd known Snider's son for years. Had hunted there for about 5 years--turkeys in spring, deer in the fall. Rabbits in winter.
On April 25, 2913 (sic), McGrath was on farm hunting. Saw 4 deer coming out of the bush. (Didn't shoot those obviously, he says).
McGrath says you could see spot where incinerator was from where he's sit for hunting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxyo_MC4bf28IMfFvSuu5ETlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=156108166

What was MS source of income? People testified DM was cheap.

Well he was getting rent, food, cigarettes, booze and drugs from DM. DM told him he could do lots of smaller jobs to balance out the cash flow to those things and get bigger payoffs if he'd get a licence. I guess it was hard to fit in all the missions MS kept finding when his chauffeur wasn't available.

Well, good night all. I am sure that many of us will have our eyes glued to the tweets tomorrow and Monday. If anyone attends tomorrow or Monday, I hope you will consider sharing your thoughts with all of us [emoji4] when you have the time. My heartfelt thoughts to the Bosma family and friends. Also thinking of the jurors and the solemn burden they are tasked with. Hoping for a just verdict, whatever the jury decides it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member