Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this article has been posted a number of times in the past, but I think it bears repeating (given that this has turned into the drug thread).

A former acquaintance of Millard's, who says she had attended almost two dozen parties at his home in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke, told CBC News that Millard and Noudga were dating.

"But [Millard] and Laura [Babcock] were just fooling around," she said. "He kept Laura around and gave her drugs."

The source asked CBC not to use her name because she said she was "terrified" of Millard. She described many of his parties as fuelled by cocaine and the drug MDMA and recalled several times when large brawls broke out.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...a-death-faces-2-more-murder-charges-1.2605741

I think it's interesting that the source was "terrified" of DM, even with him behind bars. Makes me think some of the court witnesses do have a reason to be afraid.

And, properly, neither pot, cocaine nor MDMA are "narcotics", so DM could have been up to yet more.

aahhh so there is a friend close by to the hanger??

If you're referring to what I said, they did park their red truck at a nearby location to hide it. Someone they knew.

I was thinking this too, but then why load the paint in the Yukon? Was he planning to paint TB's truck somewhere other than the hangar?

I believe the Crown specifically asked SS about the spray paint that was kept at the hangar and the colours white and black were mentioned for a couple of reasons. I do think DM thought he'd be able to paint TB's truck white with the two cases of spray paint. Obviously there was a reason he wouldn't have asked for more black paint, which we also know he had used to paint the floors in the interior of the truck. He was probably going to paint it at the farm eventually, once he figured the heat was off, and then take it in for a paint job? Once the news of TB and his missing truck became such a big media story, there was no way any body shop wasn't going to be checking out any 2006 black Dodge Ram 3500 that was being brought in for a paint job. I guess DM figured they wouldn't even bother looking at a white one?

MOO

And, properly, neither pot, cocaine nor MDMA are "narcotics", so DM could have been up to yet more.

Only so much can be drawn from a social media presence, but what online persona left of Mr. Millard after his arrest does not present him as a typical CEO. On Twitter, devoid of context, one of Mr. Millard’s friends made references to an edgy lifestyle, perhaps jokingly.

“I’m either going to sleep or doing heroin,” the friend quoted Mr. Millard as saying a year ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...a-death-faces-2-more-murder-charges-1.2605741

Was there not a single point of blood residue evidence found on it? I thought i saw that mentioned sometime in the trial so far.

We have only seen a photo of the hose with 3 evidence markers on it. Nothing has been said about what, if anything, was actually found on the hose.

Not to be too strange, but is it possible ma and pa were involved at all? Age doesn't make you innocent. Or another outsider somehow ? DM wasn't necessarily the biggest fish in the pond. I don't think he was the brains behind everything.

We have only seen a photo of the hose with 3 evidence markers on it. Nothing has been said about what, if anything, was actually found on the hose.

And they were new hoses, too (CTV reporter)

Krista Simpson ‏@KristaSimpson
Earlier, Javier Villada described buying/using 2 hoses on the property at Millard's request. Villada said was a test before building a deck.

BBM

I think that the timing indicates that plans changed once SS told DM by phone that evening (sometime after 4 pm and prior to just before 7 pm) what AJ had done by calling CS. I know it's reported that SS didn't know until he met with AJ and his family until 7 pm at AJ's home, but I bet AJ had already spoken to SS in the hangar when they were alone sometime between May 8th when he first saw TB's truck and May 9th when he had it confirmed by CS. I think this is the time when everything changed for DM. No more need to paint anything, just get rid of evidence as fast as he could. Maybe SS stayed behind at the hangar or came back after his meeting with AJ to load TB's truck into the trailer and attach it to the red Dodge Ram so it would be all ready to go when DM returned to the hangar with CN? It seems more plausible to me that SS used that winch to get the truck in the trailer in place than in does that DM and company did it themselves. I imagine that SS knew just what to do, and I don't think DM would have known how to do it and why would he when he had a personal mechanic who was willing to let the whole issue about having TB's truck in the hangar pass without any expressed concern? I have a feeling after this week's testimony that TB's truck was not the first stolen vehicle to take up space in the hangar, and DM's mechanic would have known or should have known this too, IMO.

Why didn't MS accompany him to do the cover up work? When under the pressure of time, why did DM drive to Oakville to drop off MS (in rush hour traffic?) and petition his girlfriend, CN to help him? Did MS refuse to help? Why involve more people? This night's work by DM and CN makes me really question MS's involvement in everything, IMO.

All MOO.

I've considered two possibilities. Either MS had something pre planned for that evening that would have made it very suspicious for him to miss, or DM did not want MS to have or know where any of this evidence was for some reason.

MOO

I've considered two possibilities. Either MS had something pre planned for that evening that would have made it very suspicious for him to miss, or DM did not want MS to have or know where any of this evidence was for some reason.

MOO

Smich's sister's wedding was around that time. He was in the wedding too, so it could have been a wedding rehearsal or bachelor party, etc. Sister's wedding was on May 19, 2013.

Not to be too strange, but is it possible ma and pa were involved at all? Age doesn't make you innocent. Or another outsider somehow ? DM wasn't necessarily the biggest fish in the pond. I don't think he was the brains behind everything.

Of course I don't know about the family history with any certainty, but WM, DM's dad was allegedly murdered by DM so I don't think he was involved in anything criminal, IMO. WM's yet another victim of DM's, allegedly. As for MB helping DM after his arrest or her standing by him (if she in fact is?), she is likely motivated simply by being his mother, and feeling a mix of emotions, love, guilt, denial, shame, and regret, IMO. I don't think either of DM's parents did anything criminal, IMO.

DM was in his late twenties when he was arrested, and IMO he is responsible for his actions, not his parents.

All MOO.

"Why didn't MS accompany him to do the cover up work? When under the pressure of time, why did DM drive to Oakville to drop off MS (in rush hour traffic?) and petition his girlfriend, CN to help him? Did MS refuse to help? Why involve more people? This night's work by DM and CN makes me really question MS's involvement in everything"

He needed to get rid of MS so he could hide the toolbox from him later that night.

MOO
IMHO, it was DM the psychopath at work. It's pretty hard to take the guy you're trying to hang the whole thing on with you. There's absolutely no way that MS would freely take a gun if he knew that DM had killed TB with it. I doubt he'd want to take anything that belonged to DM and could incriminate him. IMO, that's why DM had to call in the services of another trusty mission helper- CN.

MS was nothing more than a low level street dealer, he got his stuff from other low level dealers, there are no high level dealers in this mix for any of the witnesses to fear, they are nervous because they are in a court of law testifying at a murder trial, anyone in that position would be nervous especially when they were somewhat involved in the destruction of evidence, whether knowingly or not.

Smich's sister's wedding was around that time. He was in the wedding too, so it could have been a wedding rehearsal or bachelor party, etc. Sister's wedding was on May 19, 2013.

That's very possible...tuxedo fitting?

Geesh, these adult-kids. I just read Michalski had lost his license too. That makes 3 of them.

molly hayes@mollyhayes "Had to pick him up because Michalski had lost his license. He picked him up regularly for a few weeks. #Bosma"
Mar 23, 10:50

molly hayes@mollyhayes
"Michalski had just gotten his license back, and Bochenek was taking him to get his vehicle back-at the Millardair hangar in Waterloo #Bosmad Michalski had lost his license too. Had to pick him up because Michalski had lost his license. He picked him up regularly for a few weeks. #Bosma"

Consider: JV bought and set up the hoses. They must have touched something that was on the ground at that point on the lawn? DM wasn't around to plant his DNA. The hoses were targeted at the bottom of the yard, and one might assume DM dumped something there and then wanted it washed away. So how then did something interesting end up mid-hose?

Do we have any clues about why DM had lost his license? I know it's been asked before, but not sure if I've missed any discussion...

This probably wasn't anything big if it was only like 2 weeks...according to MH. He Could have had unpaid fines and was waiting for his licence to be reinstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*