Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so many threads to read cant keep up.

Is there an error in the Cell ping presentation? that i missed in the discussions?
pg 34 Item E and then Item F. I am not sure that is possible timing wise that is.

I looked up that rogers tower here https://www.cellmapper.net/map and its has a very narrow area of coverage.

View attachment 91747

Napper505 :)

The two towers (E and F) are basically on opposite ends of the 427, and according to Google Maps it should take about 10 minutes to drive the whole length of the 427. So the data in the presentation should be feasible, no?

Just read a tweet from Alex Pierson who said it's "very likely" that both DM and MS will testify.

I have always assumed that would be highly unlikely.

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

I personally don't know enough about the legal system or the trial process to provide my own opinion. However, on Friday I spoke to a Staff Sergeant from the Hamilton Police who led a certain division in this case, and he stated that he doesn't expect either of them to go on the stand. His exact words were: "They will get eviscerated if they go on the stand."

Here is a link to cell phone activity in list format. https://goo.gl/KdUj0T

A big thank you to billandrew for his help, and making it look much better. Hope this helps others on this site make sense of the overwhelming evidence presented. Looking at the list, there is still many key texts that have not been addressed.

Will they be showing the texts between DM and MS? Especially those on the evening of the 9th.

Excellent work there!

This one:

May 7 7:52 am 3355 Millard sent a text to 2490 Unknown

Follows the texts to SS and AJ about not coming to the hangar that morning, for any reason - airport politics. IIRC, JV also received the exact same text (and thought it odd since he wasn't going to be at the hangar that day anyway), so I have to wonder if that's his number?

EDITING TO ADD:

On the morning of May 7, Villada received a text from Millard telling him not to go to the hangar that day under any circumstances. Villada is the third person the jury has heard received that message.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...ed-killer-millard-said-paycheques-often-late/

Just read a tweet from Alex Pierson who said it's "very likely" that both DM and MS will testify.

And watch the Numbers that will be reading along on WS....hope it does not blow up the new format !!!

Well that is her professional opinion. At this point, no one can know. Interesting take, though.

I personally don't know enough about the legal system or the trial process to provide my own opinion. However, on Friday I spoke to a Staff Sergeant from the Hamilton Police who led a certain division in this case, and he stated that he doesn't expect either of them to go on the stand. His exact words were: "They will get eviscerated if they go on the stand."

I fail to see the problem with this. :thinking:

Well if either DM or MS does testify, they should be by now fully prepared that their testimony will spark off some major fireworks when the Crown is up, and upon cross-examination by either of the other's defense teams, IMO. :fireworks:

All MOO.

The two towers (E and F) are basically on opposite ends of the 427, and according to Google Maps it should take about 10 minutes to drive the whole length of the 427. So the data in the presentation should be feasible, no?

Yaah! I did the same thing and edited my post, I guess it is possible if there is no traffic on 427 at 10:20 am to 10:30 on a Thursday morning. I dunno

Napper505 :)

It might be interesting to see what lies DM tells on the witness stand.

It will be interesting when AM takes the stand to see if the Crown will bring into evidence any of AM's and DM's social media posts, IMO.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

“Police are looking into a small, “close-knit group of friends” that hung around together.

Dellen Millard, charged with first-degree murder, was part of that group.

“Social media was a big part of their activities,” the source said.”

bbm

All MOO.

It belonged to LE, this was towing the trailer from DM's moms after discovering it there.

This video shows the white LE truck pulling the trailer containing TB's truck away from MB's home in Kleinburg.

[video=youtube;nva7JKUwt68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nva7JKUwt68[/video]

I don't know how I missed this, but thanks for that link. AP's perspective gave me a little more to think about.

This whole mess about MH and the gun, lack of gun, drugs, toolbox, etc. is rather confusing and I think that was intentional on TD's part. His job is to defend his client and create as much doubt in the minds of the jury about the credibility of any witness that has anything potentially negative to say. Where it gets confusing for me is that TD is MS defense lawyer, and MH didn't really have anything incriminating to say about MS (other than he seemed sketchy, but I think everyone thinks that about him). Yet, TD ripped into MH like nobodies business to make the jury see how unreliable and unbelievable he is and chastised him for not doing "the right thing". Had MH actually done the right thing, called police and said "look, DM gave this to me, and I'm supposed to give it to MS and I don't want anything to do with it!" MS would have been arrested a heck of a lot sooner than he was, wouldn't he?? There's no way TD actually wanted MH to do the right thing but he made it sound like he did, to make this guy seem more like a creep for not doing it.

IMO TD is ripping into MH as hard as he was because he wants the jury to believe that there WAS MOST CERTAINLY the gun in the toolbox. If he can get the jury to believe it, then it's much better for his client. IMO the gun was in there and the second they heard DM was arrested they should have went right to the nearest police station with it. Also, from clips I have seen of several of DMs minions leaving court I'm not buying it that they have changed their life in any significant way. Showing up to court in baggy jeans and underwear showing? C'mon... MOO

I wonder what rumours were floating around, either on the street or on fb and twitter, that would cause MH to tell CS to "check the farm". Maybe MH thought that was a logical place that DM would hide the truck? Or had MH heard rumours about LB maybe being buried there and LE should look there for TB?Moooo

Reminder: Please discuss the case and not each other.

If there is a post you feel is offensive or disrespectful, do not respond to it and perpetuate the problem. Responding to it may result in a WS vacation. Instead, use the Alert button (little triangle, bottom left of every post) and let Mods/Admin deal with it.

:tyou:

If both DM and MS want to testify, how will it be decided who goes first?

Thank you for the pictures of Wilson Street. Your theory makes more sense than TB being shot in the hay field, as I had originally thought. The fact that the timing fits, and Wilson provides much privacy as well as the ability to see for long distances in all directions. At night this would be a perfect place for a murder. We know DM liked to use look-outs on "missions", but in the interests of secrecy, I think he wanted as few witnesses to the murder as possible, so he just used MS, who had already helped in the murder of LB. This modus operandi also proves premeditation to murder, not just steal a truck.

IMO

I agree and also think as DM's search for thrills got deeper and darker, the number of people he trusted to be directly involved got smaller, so that's why there were fewer involved with TB and LB and WM for that matter. Only once the heat got turned up did he turn to his wider circle and they only knew what he told them.

Well if either DM or MS does testify, they should be by now fully prepared that their testimony will spark off some major fireworks when the Crown is up, and upon cross-examination by either of the other's defense teams, IMO. :fireworks:

All MOO.
I know AP thinks they'll take the stand, but IMHO, neither of them will- for the exact reason billandrew said- they will surely get eviscerated!! I'm sure it would be the best day ever for the Crown if DM decided he could tell his side better than his snivelling, pathological lying friends. It's tempting to think that he'll insist on telling his story- the same as he decided to do his jail house interview all on his own.

DM has absolutely no respect for authority, so personally I can see him thinking his lawyers may not be getting it right, thus he needs to assist them all the time. What better way than taking matters into his own hands and taking the stand. Then, perhaps if DM does decide to add his two cents on the stand, and gives an Academy Award winning performance, MS may have to get up there as well. I'm hold off any bets until I see how the Crowns remaining witnesses do. MOO

I don't know how I missed this, but thanks for that link. AP's perspective gave me a little more to think about.

This whole mess about MH and the gun, lack of gun, drugs, toolbox, etc. is rather confusing and I think that was intentional on TD's part. His job is to defend his client and create as much doubt in the minds of the jury about the credibility of any witness that has anything potentially negative to say. Where it gets confusing for me is that TD is MS defense lawyer, and MH didn't really have anything incriminating to say about MS (other than he seemed sketchy, but I think everyone thinks that about him). Yet, TD ripped into MH like nobodies business to make the jury see how unreliable and unbelievable he is and chastised him for not doing "the right thing". Had MH actually done the right thing, called police and said "look, DM gave this to me, and I'm supposed to give it to MS and I don't want anything to do with it!" MS would have been arrested a heck of a lot sooner than he was, wouldn't he?? There's no way TD actually wanted MH to do the right thing but he made it sound like he did, to make this guy seem more like a creep for not doing it.

i would like to respectfully disagree with your last sentence. IMO TD, as it seems do most of us, believe the gun was in the toolbox. Had MH done the right thing we would have the murder weapon and knowledge that DM was the last person with the gun and not MS. IMO TD wanted MH to do the right thing as it would benefit his client the most. Cheers

I know AP thinks they'll take the stand, but IMHO, neither of them will- for the exact reason billandrew said- they will surely get eviscerated!! I'm sure it would be the best day ever for the Crown if DM decided he could tell his side better than his snivelling, pathological lying friends. It's tempting to think that he'll insist on telling his story- the same as he decided to do his jail house interview all on his own.

DM has absolutely no respect for authority, so personally I can see him thinking his lawyers may not be getting it right, thus he needs to assist them all the time. What better way than taking matters into his own hands and taking the stand. Then, perhaps if DM does decide to add his two cents on the stand, and gives an Academy Award winning performance, MS may have to get up there as well. I'm hold off any bets until I see how the Crowns remaining witnesses do. MOO

bbm I agree.

Yes, DM especially would each be foolish to testify, IMO because there's just so much evidence against him already and it would be a monumental task to try to explain it away, and it has a very real potential of making matters worse for him. IMO, he should stay silent and take his chances and accept whatever the jury interprets his silence to mean.

While I don't think it would help either accused to expose themselves to the Crown or the other's defense crosses, if either accused did decide to defy logic and disregard his counsel's wise advice to not testify, IMO, it would be DM. I could be wrong though. I'm no legal eagle. lol

I think if anyone has a hope of redeeming himself to some degree on the stand, it may be MS, but it would still be a huge risk, IMO. I could imagine Dungey advising MS to take that risk if things seem hopeless for MS without his testimony, but so far, I don't anticipate it will happen. I do think MS will respect and follow completely TD's direction on the matter. I would be quite surprised, though not entirely shocked, if both end up testifying. I would be shocked if only one of the accused testified. I presume it must be a very risky decision no matter which way they each decide to go.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member