Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
White spray paint---decorator ideas.

A quick Google search yielded an interesting list of possibilities that was inspired by posters' comments about DM possibly using spray paint for the renovations at Riverside.
There is a decorating style termed 'shabby chic' ...it involves painting all manner of furniture and fittings white ....and is quite popular amongst the younger set. It is also for the thrift-minded consumer who want to extend their decorating budget by updating existing dated furniture and fittings with coats of white paint.

Here is just a sampling of the cost effective uses of white spray paint--

--To modernize doorknobs and light fixtures...even cabinet pulls.

--To update bathroom plumbing fixtures...literally spray painting faucets and water spouts....not to forget towel bars and the like.

--To refresh heating/cooling air ducts located in every room.....plus cold air returns.

--To change the colour of dated electrical outlets and plates....as well as light switches.

--To give a modern twist to fireplace screens and brasses.

Once I started on the list it was readily apparent that 12 cans of white spray paint would likely disappear right quick if it was used for cosmetic purposes at the Riverside apartment that DM & CN intended to use . I can easily imagine that the every apartment in the older home was filled with fixtures and fittings that were quite dated.....the spray paint could have saved hundreds upon hundreds of dollars .
Perhaps this is what DM & CN were checking out in the bathroom....that is, how well the renewed (repainted) fixtures and fittings were coming along.

Strictly my opinion....hahaha.... I don't even take credit for the great decorator tips....except for this one--I hate those silver coloured braided hoses under a free standing sink and I think a good coat of white spray paint would make me happier ( or an interesting accent colour for a bit of whimsy!!)

PS....For vehicles, I can see Shaner using a lot of black paint in addition to aluminum or silver for trim......not so much the white. The white is definitely a shabby chic element but then wasn't Dell always billing Millardair for things that had nothing to do with airplanes or service ......free white spray paint for Javier to use in the Riverside renovations etc and maybe even Villada homes .....;)

Remember the April 2014 date, when all of those additional charges were laid.. I am wondering if it was due to AM finally coming clean to police with what he knew. Also I am very curious as to the pact which was broken which caused the end of AM's and MH's friendship. MH said 'lies were told' (or something to that effect). Considering that MH is *still* not willing to admit that he was protecting his friend, and *still* not willing to admit that he at least suspected there was a gun(s) in the toolbox, I am very curious to know what AM's testimony will be. Should be a very exciting next couple of weeks in court.

White spray paint---decorator ideas.

A quick Google search yielded an interesting list of possibilities that was inspired by posters' comments about DM possibly using spray paint for the renovations at Riverside.
There is a decorating style termed 'shabby chic' ...it involves painting all manner of furniture and fittings white ....and is quite popular amongst the younger set. It is also for the thrift-minded consumer who want to extend their decorating budget by updating existing dated furniture and fittings with coats of white paint.

Here is just a sampling of the cost effective uses of white spray paint--

--To modernize doorknobs and light fixtures...even cabinet pulls.

--To update bathroom plumbing fixtures...literally spray painting faucets and water spouts....not to forget towel bars and the like.

--To refresh heating/cooling air ducts located in every room.....plus cold air returns.

--To change the colour of dated electrical outlets and plates....as well as light switches.

--To give a modern twist to fireplace screens and brasses.

Once I started on the list it was readily apparent that 12 cans of white spray paint would likely disappear right quick if it was used for cosmetic purposes at the Riverside apartment that DM & CN intended to use . I can easily imagine that the every apartment in the older home was filled with fixtures and fittings that were quite dated.....the spray paint could have saved hundreds upon hundreds of dollars .
Perhaps this is what DM & CN were checking out in the bathroom....that is, how well the renewed (repainted) fixtures and fittings were coming along.

Strictly my opinion....hahaha.... I don't even take credit for the great decorator tips....except for this one--I hate those silver coloured braided hoses under a free standing sink and I think a good coat of white spray paint would make me happier ( or an interesting accent colour for a bit of whimsy!!)

I was thinking on something a little more sinister, like... if there was some kind of cleanup done at one or both of those residences (Riverside and Maplegate), of either themselves, or clothes, or equipment, whatever.. if there were bloodstains.. ie if DM had gone into his Maplegate residence and got blood on the walls, and found it wouldn't wash off perfectly.. he could have thought of spraypainting. If police found spraypainted walls, and then found out that Mr V had just finished painting the same walls just a couple of weeks prior, then that would indicate trying to hide something.. I just find it interesting that it would be mentioned on the witness stand that Mr. V had just painted the interior a couple weeks prior, and asking Mr. V if the two (DM and CN) had gone into the bathroom while visiting Riverside. I'm expecting that to be explained at some point, but of course, it could have been mentioned just for fun.

Remember the April 2014 date, when all of those additional charges were laid.. I am wondering if it was due to AM finally coming clean to police with what he knew. Also I am very curious as to the pact which was broken which caused the end of AM's and MH's friendship. MH said 'lies were told' (or something to that effect). Considering that MH is *still* not willing to admit that he was protecting his friend, and *still* not willing to admit that he at least suspected there was a gun(s) in the toolbox, I am very curious to know what AM's testimony will be. Should be a very exciting next couple of weeks in court.

Yes, I thought the "lies were told" were an accusation against AM, but in fact MH had told over 40 lies to LE, sending them on goose chases and never telling them about the Bobcat theft.

Perhaps AM was forthright, and MH was protective of DM, and that's how their relationship broke down?

Interested to see what kind of witness AM is going to be. AP says he is up next.

I think I will devote Monday to transcribing the 8 reporter's tweets in AM's honour. I only did 1/2 day of MH's testimony and I missed out on A LOT. OTOH I think I needed a mental health break from these guys!

I was thinking on something a little more sinister, like... if there was some kind of cleanup done at one or both of those residences (Riverside and Maplegate), of either themselves, or clothes, or equipment, whatever.. if there were bloodstains.. ie if DM had gone into his Maplegate residence and got blood on the walls, and found it wouldn't wash off perfectly.. he could have thought of spraypainting. If police found spraypainted walls, and then found out that Mr V had just finished painting the same walls just a couple of weeks prior, then that would indicate trying to hide something.. I just find it interesting that it would be mentioned on the witness stand that Mr. V had just painted the interior a couple weeks prior, and asking Mr. V if the two (DM and CN) had gone into the bathroom while visiting Riverside. I'm expecting that to be explained at some point, but of course, it could have been mentioned just for fun.

I thought of the same thing as you. Cleanup at Riverside. Lots of privacy.

Still wondering: if AJ bought and set up the hoses, how did "something interesting" (evidence markers) end up on the middle of it? What was DM soaking down at the end, buried bloodstained clothing?

SS stated that he had the white and black paint on hand to touch up the trailers- that would indicate that it would have been perfect match for anything painted white on the trailer TB's truck was in. I've attached the Baja and LE pic. The LE pic clearly show crisp white wheel well details and complete crisp white on the front of the trailer. The Baja pic appears to show the front black, flanked with white strips on the outer side of the supports. Remembering that this is DM, and as ridiculous as it sounds, IMHO, he was trying to disguise his behemoth of a trailer with a few splashes of white. It's the fact that he wanted 2 boxes. I think DM had an understanding of search warrants- IMO, you don't take up thieving of large equipment as a past time without figuring out what LE needs to search your premises. If the trailer that was in MB's driveway wasn't an exact match for the one that DM owned and no ability to read the plate, I honestly believe that DM thought LE couldn't get a search warrant on it. MOO

attachment.php
attachment.php

Oh dear - i am not able to see any difference except the yellow reflective on the LE pic instead of red ones in Baja pic.

I am seeing silver on DM's trailer, as opposed to white. In any case, my guess is that DM had no idea that LE's pursuit of him would be so far-reaching as to consider his mother's property. moo

In regards to the paint: we can speculate all we want BUT we don't even know if the spray paint was used. 12 cans is alot and certainly could get at least one coat on TB's truck. IMO, that was DM's intention but just ran out of time. Everyone was watching for a black truck only, so a white truck certainly wouldn't draw attention. From what I recall, DM asked SS for the white paint after he canceled with the paint shop. So the theory makes sense to me.

My hubby, when shown those gloves (when they were presented in court) with the rubberized fingers in the duffle bag. He said it looked like white paint, not ashes as others thought (myself included). So, of he's right, something got painted...but what, not a clue! Other then painting the truck (which we know didn't happen), I'm baffled!

I was tempted by the sinister as well but it did dawn on me that as unbelievable as it seems DM did go through the motions of "business as usual" during that week and certainly before he was arrested.....
Carrying on as usual when nothing was further from the truth was pretty sinister in it's own right.
But you are spot on....it could have been for cover ups at Riverside....maybe someone showered in the bathroom and left trace evidence behind---I expect we are about to find out very soon what it is that LE found out.

Yes, I thought the "lies were told" were an accusation against AM, but in fact MH had told over 40 lies to LE, sending them on goose chases and never telling them about the Bobcat theft.

Perhaps AM was forthright, and MH was protective of DM, and that's how their relationship broke down?

Interested to see what kind of witness AM is going to be. AP says he is up next.

I think I will devote Monday to transcribing the 8 reporter's tweets in AM's honour. I only did 1/2 day of MH's testimony and I missed out on A LOT. OTOH I think I needed a mental health break from these guys!

I'm not sure that AM is up next. I got the feeling that something else was up next, but I could be wrong. It's hard to keep up!

When MH said 'lies were told', I believe he is referring to AM (supposedly) telling lies (time will tell).... but that in reality, AM may not be telling lies, but whatever pact they had about what lies *would* be told, was broken. My guess is that we may find AM saying something different than what MH said, but in specific regard to something about MH. It seems to me that MH has only one concern, and that is himself. Although TD seemed a little harsh when cross examining MH, everything he said to him did made sense, and I'm glad that *someone* put him on the spot about all of his lies. The man is *still* lying, as far as I am concerned. moo

I feel like to be fair to the 'snivelling' MH, it should be noted that he is 5 years younger than DM, so if DM was 27 when arrested, that would put MH at 22, so he *was* very young and out of his league at that point.

In regards to the paint: we can speculate all we want BUT we don't even know if the spray paint was used. 12 cans is alot and certainly could get at least one coat on TB's truck. IMO, that was DM's intention but just ran out of time. Everyone was watching for a black truck only, so a white truck certainly won't draw attention. From what I recall, DM asked SS for the white paint after he canceled with the paint shop. So the theory makes sense to me.

My hubby, when shown those gloves with the rubberized fingers in the duffle bag. He said it looked like white paint, not ashes as others thought (myself included). So, of he's right, something got painted...but what, not a clue! Other then painting the truck, I'm baffled!
My thoughts are that 12 cans is too much for a little touch up but not enough to paint a large extended cab truck from black to white. Also, if it was for trailers, it would be a paint like TrimClad and that wouldn't have the best interior application. Perhaps CN will shed some light? Wonder if she's getting very much sleep these days? MOO

:cupcake::cupcake::cupcake: for you and others for your tweets tomorrow. They are always much appreciated.

Did AP confirm that there will be witness testimony on Monday rather than legal arguments? I'm asking because originally the last two days of last week were supposed to be for legal arguments and that changed when they extended the witness testimony to include all day Thursday.

I interpreted that change to mean that legal arguments would extend now to Monday, but it's been kindly established that I'm clearly from another planet, so I simply may not understand things that may be more obvious to others. lol

:abduction::alien3:

All MOO.

Maybe the white paint was to use at his mom's? The garage doors or inside of her actual garage, if he was planning on using it to clean up, store some items, etc. Also was thinking that the padlock he should have had on the trailer doors may have been removed to place on the toolbox after he couldn't find another one. That would explain why he backed up the trailer all the way up to the garage ( I mentioned that before but didn't know about the toolbox with the padlock).

In regards to the paint: we can speculate all we want BUT we don't even know if the spray paint was used. 12 cans is alot and certainly could get at least one coat on TB's truck. IMO, that was DM's intention but just ran out of time. Everyone was watching for a black truck only, so a white truck certainly wouldn't draw attention. From what I recall, DM asked SS for the white paint after he canceled with the paint shop. So the theory makes sense to me.

My hubby, when shown those gloves (when they were presented in court) with the rubberized fingers in the duffle bag. He said it looked like white paint, not ashes as others thought (myself included). So, of he's right, something got painted...but what, not a clue! Other then painting the truck (which we know didn't happen), I'm baffled!

From A Carter's Live Blog in regard to Sloots testimony (James Sloots - Forensic Biologist with CFScience. Wrote reports on DNA evidence, examined TB's truck, Eliminator and gloves):

11:36 AM
The fact that there was no seats in there, for one, and that there were some burned out seats in the trailer. They were tested for blood as well, but none was found. "There was no carpet present. I smelled spray paint," Sloots says.

I wonder what would have smelled like spray paint inside TB's truck? I wonder if you are right about DM having plans to spray paint the truck white. From the cellphone logs, it looks like DM may have been asking for the paint in the early afternoon of May 9th. This would mean that by early afternoon on that day, he already was making plans for concealing all of this stuff...... so what tipped him off on the morning of May 9th? AJ spoke to his wife on the evening of the 8th, .. my guess is that the wife spoke to her daughter, and her daughter spoke to her husband (SS), and SS spoke to DM, that his FIL was suspicious about the truck belonging to TB. (Although he denied and denied and lied, while on the stand).

Maybe the white paint was to use at his mom's? The garage doors or inside of her actual garage, if he was planning on using it to clean up, store some items, etc. Also was thinking that the padlock he should have had on the trailer doors may have been removed to place on the toolbox after he couldn't find another one. That would explain why he backed up the trailer all the way up to the garage ( I mentioned that before but didn't know about the toolbox with the padlock).

That said, do we know if LE ever got a warrant to search mom's garage? I don't recall hearing that. From witness reports it sounds like DM was in fact inside mom's house before or after dropping off the trailer. Perhaps he stashed more evidence there as he was in full scatter mode at that point. JMO

bbm

Spray paint one can use on ceramic surface, "Satin white" makes sense in this case. I'm thinking they (DM/CN) may have used the spray paint for this but I don't have any idea why the surface of a toilet/sink/shower tray would have been damaged (Maple Gate or more likely Riverside; in Maple Gate there was his roommate present who shouldn't notice, I think). Was something metallic cleaned? If - then: what for example?
Btw: the metall in Tim's truck was painted black (not Satin white).
I don't believe DM planned to spray paint the black truck: how would he have done this in the close trailer, how would he have protected the wooden walls and the floor, how would he have been able to breathe while doing it?

When I 2013 still thought of ie AM as a possible accomplice he was long ago cleared by police as one of the first who was cleared. I wondered why the innocence would have been so definitely stated. Consequently he can not hide too much, IMO. But I'm just curious as everyone on board here when he has to testify as a witness.

Here is a link to cell phone activity in list format. https://goo.gl/KdUj0T

A big thank you to billandrew for his help, and making it look much better. Hope this helps others on this site make sense of the overwhelming evidence presented. Looking at the list, there is still many key texts that have not been addressed.

Will they be showing the texts between DM and MS? Especially those on the evening of the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214