Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I know, the running board (passenger side?) was painted too.

I don't recall that. I'll have to look up the forensic testimony but I believe he said "the cab smelled of paint" although possible to spray just the black skid portion, the rest was still chrome. And would not make the cab smell. MOO

I don't recall that. I'll have to look up the forensic testimony but I believe he said "the cab smelled of paint" although possible to spray just the black skid portion, the rest was still chrome. And would not make the cab smell. MOO

If you look at the pictures of the back tailgate, it looks like someone spray painted over where the symbols and branding were removed. The finish around those areas was matte, rather than glossy like the rest of the body paint.

I was leaning towards the theory that Millard was planning on swapping the VINs, but I still have my doubts. In Ontario all vehicles need emission tests every two years. During that test the VIN number is entered in a computer linked to the government database. The fact that one truck was a diesel and the other wasn't would have immediately been detected the first time either vehicle needed that test. And Millard would still need to get a green ownership for his red truck which would now have Bosma's VIN, as the red trucks ownership would presumably gone with Tims repainted truck.

So even though that plan sounds pretty straightforward, it's not really as simple as it sounds. I still think the windshield removal tool was ordered to get at the vin plate as most people don't remove a windshield to paint a vehicle, I just don't think the plan was to swap it with Millards VIN.

You can swap engines in a truck.
The part that would mess him up would be...the VIN wasn't link to a dually.

If there are texts between DM and MS that the Crown wants to enter as evidence how do they do that if neither take the stand?

If you look at the pictures of the back tailgate, it looks like someone spray painted over where the symbols and branding were removed. The finish around those areas was matte, rather than glossy like the rest of the body paint.

Apparently SS had sanded the areas with those roloc discs, which would also make the areas matte?

If there are texts between DM and MS that the Crown wants to enter as evidence how do they do that if neither take the stand?

The same way the Crown presented other incriminating evidence without the 2 accuseds on the stand?

Originally Posted by billandrew If you look at the pictures of the back tailgate, it looks like someone spray painted over where the symbols and branding were removed. The finish around those areas was matte, rather than glossy like the rest of the body paint.

Apparently SS had sanded the areas with those roloc discs, which would also make the areas matte?

For that matter..... before a truck gets painted, doesn't the entire truck have to be roughened up a bit to accept the new paint?

so....I was looking at AM's twitter.....trying to find some of the horrible things that he said <modsnip>.....and yep....there....my concern/speculation is that this twitter account was STARTED in June 2013....after his name was associated with DM and the arrest.....how do we know this is truly his twitter? Because his FB is wide open, anyone could steal his pic.....just curious if anyone else doubts the authenticity of this.....because it DOES paint him in a really bad light....MOO

ETA - Twitter is linked to Instagram....which is pretty innocuous, and does include some pics from AM's FB.....but way after they were posted on FB. Note - Instagram started at same time as twitter.....just seems suspect to me.

But MSM are linking his twitter pics to their articles!

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Bosma court starting with legal args today. Another close #Millard friend expected on stand later Story 6pm @CHCHNews & tweeting what I can

Had AM used Teresa's phone only or will we see her in the witness stand?

so....I was looking at AM's twitter.....trying to find some of the horrible things that he said <modsnip>....and yep....there....my concern/speculation is that this twitter account was STARTED in June 2013....after his name was associated with DM and the arrest.....how do we know this is truly his twitter? Because his FB is wide open, anyone could steal his pic.....just curious if anyone else doubts the authenticity of this.....because it DOES paint him in a really bad light....MOO

His FB remained open since a bunch of us WS'ers discovered him through pics on DM's FB page. Since then, many "other" FB pages, twitter accts have popped up with identical pics from AM's own FB page. These new accts had a lot of garbage on them. AM was discovered to be very close in this case, I don't believe he would mess around online when he knows how close he is to a murder investigation. The things that I have seen on these "other" accts are something that the trolls in the internet would do. JMO.

so....I was looking at AM's twitter.....trying to find some of the horrible things that he said <modsnip>.....and yep....there....my concern/speculation is that this twitter account was STARTED in June 2013....after his name was associated with DM and the arrest.....how do we know this is truly his twitter? Because his FB is wide open, anyone could steal his pic.....just curious if anyone else doubts the authenticity of this.....because it DOES paint him in a really bad light....MOO

That was almost 3 years ago, so if that was a fraudulent Twitter account, I'm sure something would have been done about it by now. From looking at AM's FB, I personally don't see any indication that he may have become a changed person since this event. I am personally leery about him giving honest testimony. I can't help suspecting his testimony will be the same as the others, still lying. MOO

So far texts have been presented by the witness on the stand that sent/received them.

Those others have to testify, but the 2 accuseds do not. The cellphone logs were presented showing the locations and calling/texting times/locations of the 2 accuseds. I would think the texts that were retrieved between the 2 would also be presented in the same type of way? moo

Those others have to testify, but the 2 accuseds do not. The cellphone logs were presented showing the locations and calling/texting times/locations of the 2 accuseds. I would think the texts that were retrieved between the 2 would also be presented in the same type of way? moo

Their phone logs and locations don't need interpretation though. They are just pure data. Texts are something I feel like they would have to be presented by someone who can explain or put context to what is written. I can see both defence lawyers objecting to the texts.

I really wonder if they are something that will never be entered into evidence if neither will testify.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member