Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the vague sense from the date on the article that he presented himself willingly to LE and then proceeded to tell the lies he and MH had agreed upon. Give the *****storm on his FB account and the saturation of media coverage he probably knew he was going to be approached by LE anyway. I don't think his approaching LE either credits or discredits him, I think it was just inevitable.

Well MH cagily said "lies have been told" and RP shushed him. It was TD that dragged out the fact that MH himself told over 40 lies and sent LE on a "wild goose chase" according to AP.

I think the teller of the lies was MH, and with AM immediately willing to cooperate with LE, their friendship broke down.

AM was friends with DM on Facebook until DM's account was pulled just before the trial. That was an action on DM's end. AM never once shied away from his connections to the case: he is still friends with MM and LB too. In a way he's provided a bit of a public reference. Maybe his position from the start was always, I am going to stand and be accountable?

Anyone's guess until testimony starts anyway. Looking forward to that....sometime...

And he's probably sitting in the witness room feeling pretty nervous right now. A lot of pressure on these guys! MOO

Akin to showing up at the doctor's for your biopsy results and being left to occupy yourself with Reader's Digest for hours, I expect. Excruciating.

And he's probably sitting in the witness room feeling pretty nervous right now. A lot of pressure on these guys! MOO

I hope I never have to testify for anything because I get horrible anxiety. Sometimes reading the cross examination for these witnesses makes me anxious for them.

If there is no evidence that he is a changed person, consider, he initially went to and cooperated with LE.

We expect him to be one of the bad guys?

I think MH was the one backing DM 100% - first he jokes that he's getting guns, and then he takes the toolbox anyway - and then he passes it to the other accused...those were not pure tears of innocence. MH got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and he cried because he was forced to admit it against his will.

AFAIK, the perception that AM went on his own to police and cooperated has only come from one newspaper report (Toronto Sun), while other news reports simply said that he had been interviewed and cleared.... however, those articles were from VERY early on, way before much of the investigation had been completed. Personally, and imoo, I expect AM to be like the others, as in SS, MH, LW1, LW2, etc. I hope I am mistaken.

This article is from May 13, 2013 (Wasn't that even before TB's remains had been found? I am wondering how LE could give *anyone* the 'clear' at that early stage?) moo

Andrew Michalski, a friend and co-racer of Millard who had posted photos of the two building cars at the Waterloo hangar, had been previously identified, but was interviewed and cleared of any involvement.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2875896-bosma-investigation-long-from-over-/

A shout out to everyone covering the tweets today :) Thank you!!! You guys are amazing!! :)

I hope I never have to testify for anything because I get horrible anxiety. Sometimes reading the cross examination for these witnesses makes me anxious for them.

It is NOT fun, that's for sure! I have and against a really bad, evil guy! High Anexiety, I wanted to puke! I knew what I had to say but mind went blank as I walked into the court room. I felt like I was in a trance and not even there. My testimony was all over the place, I felt like a babbling baffoon! So I know how these witnesses feel.
The guy I had to testify against is now up for being placed on the dangerous offers list.

Court is now back in session. Still no jury in yet, so I can't write about what's happening.
by Adam Carter 11:07 AM

Well MH cagily said "lies have been told" and RP shushed him. It was TD that dragged out the fact that MH himself told over 40 lies and sent LE on a "wild goose chase" according to AP.

I think the teller of the lies was MH, and with AM immediately willing to cooperate with LE, their friendship broke down.

AM was friends with DM on Facebook until DM's account was pulled just before the trial. That was an action on DM's end. AM never once shied away from his connections to the case: he is still friends with MM and LB too. In a way he's provided a bit of a public reference. Maybe his position from the start was always, I am going to stand and be accountable?

Anyone's guess until testimony starts anyway. Looking forward to that....sometime...
Obviously there are a lot of defence arguments around AM's testimony. Should be an interesting day.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Bosma jury coming in now

Goodman is dismissing the jury for the day for legal arguments. "This morning an issue has arisen that I must turn my attention to ... these things arise over the course of a lengthy criminal trial," he says.
by Adam Carter 11:15 AM

So I can't report anything that's happening today. Sorry everyone, but this was unforeseen.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

It is NOT fun, that's for sure! I have and against a really bad, evil guy! High Anexiety, I wanted to puke! I knew what I had to say but mind went blank as I walked into the court room. I felt like I was in a trance and not even there. My testimony was all over the place, I felt like a babbling baffoon! So I know how these witnesses feel.
The guy I had to testify against is now up for being placed on the dangerous offers list.

I couldn't agree more...15 or so years ago, I testified at a Dangerous Offender hearing, giving a victim impact statement, from an attack that had happened to me in 1989. Though the accused had already plead guilty in my case, all those years previous...I was still raked over the coals by his defense. The DO hearing was also held at the same courthouse as this trial. It was awful...the stress, anxiety & the re-opening of a wound that had long since healed from 1989. Had night terrors for awhile after the trial...but it was well worth it...the guy was declared a DO & is still doing time. I feel for anyone who has to testify in a court of law...it's nerve wracking.

Color me uber-skeptical but I do have to wonder why, exactly, he went willingly to LE. None of these guys in DM's circle strike me as the type to willingly speak to LE about anything. I'm wondering if he spoke to a lawyer or someone else that convinced him it was in his best interest to go see LE, before they came looking for him.

By going to LE he played the just-a-roommate card, a roommate with valuable information determined to avoid a murder charge. He does come across as bold/(pseudo-?)self-confident, albeit to the point of jerkish at times, and he has a strong, caring family. I initially thought he'd be a cocky jerk on the stand, now I'm not so sure. Part of it depends on one's view and experience with LE. People who believe they'll be treated fairly and feel they'll present well are more likely to willingly talk.

Goodman is dismissing the jury for the day for legal arguments. "This morning an issue has arisen that I must turn my attention to ... these things arise over the course of a lengthy criminal trial," he says.
by Adam Carter 11:15 AM

So I can't report anything that's happening today. Sorry everyone, but this was unforeseen.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM
That's an interesting choice of words by Justice G. "An issue has arisen that I must turn my attention to". Sounds like it's more than the usual legal arguments. Wonder what's up.

That's an interesting choice of words by Justice G. "An issue has arisen that I must turn my attention to". Sounds like it's more than the usual legal arguments. Wonder what's up.

I mentioned this yesterday, that they originally had set aside the last two days of last week for legal arguments but then MH’s testimony was allowed to continue. Maybe this is why they had the legal arguments happening again all day today. I hope they will get done today so AM can testify tomorrow.

All MOO.

I mentioned this yesterday, that they originally had set aside the last two days of last week for legal arguments but then MH’s testimony was allowed to continue. Maybe this is why they had the legal arguments happening again all day today. I hope they will get done today so AM can testify tomorrow.

All MOO.

Whatever happened this morning was unplanned.

Could something like this unexpected legal argument be due to something like them finding out AM had been contacted by someone he wasn't supposed to, recently? One of the tweets said it is arguments involving all sides so I feel like maybe the witness was tampered with?

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member