Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it was presented that they got an order for AM's sister's phone records.....

If that is true, then it leads me to wonder even more about AM's testimony being truthful, or at least AM's initial statements to police. moo

That was almost 3 years ago, so if that was a fraudulent Twitter account, I'm sure something would have been done about it by now. From looking at AM's FB, I personally don't see any indication that he may have become a changed person since this event. I am personally leery about him giving honest testimony. I can't help suspecting his testimony will be the same as the others, still lying. MOO

If there is no evidence that he is a changed person, consider, he initially went to and cooperated with LE.

We expect him to be one of the bad guys?

I think MH was the one backing DM 100% - first he jokes that he's getting guns, and then he takes the toolbox anyway - and then he passes it to the other accused...those were not pure tears of innocence. MH got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and he cried because he was forced to admit it against his will.

Now taking a 20 minute break. Still no jury yet.
by Adam Carter 10:40 AM

Their phone logs and locations don't need interpretation though. They are just pure data. Texts are something I feel like they would have to be presented by someone who can explain or put context to what is written. I can see both defence lawyers objecting to the texts.

I really wonder if they are something that will never be entered into evidence if neither will testify.

MOO.

See that's my view too. How many times have we on WS fought over, and posted definitions of, words? There needs to be someone in the know presenting the texts so they can clarify the intended meaning. (Truthfully - or not.)

Their phone logs and locations don't need interpretation though. They are just pure data. Texts are something I feel like they would have to be presented by someone who can explain or put context to what is written. I can see both defence lawyers objecting to the texts.

I really wonder if they are something that will never be entered into evidence if neither will testify.

MOO.

At one point just recently one of the Crown attorneys stated that it was allowed when some texts between the two accuseds had been shown briefly on the screen. One of DM's defence lawyers objected and it was quickly removed from the screen. I think only because it will be admitted as evidence later. They can't keep out evidence, if they have it, just because neither of the accuseds will testify about it. moo

I'm guessing the jury will come in right after this break. A little early to be having a break unless it means arguments are done for the morning.

I'm guessing the jury will come in right after this break. A little early to be having a break unless it means arguments are done for the morning.

Let's hope, I'm ready to hear what AM has to say :gaah:

At one point just recently one of the Crown attorneys stated that it was allowed when some texts between the two accuseds had been shown briefly on the screen. One of DM's defence lawyers objected and it was quickly removed from the screen. I think only because it will be admitted as evidence later. They can't keep out evidence, if they have it, just because neither of the accuseds will testify about it. moo

Thanks for explaining that. That makes sense to me! Or else like you are saying, that would be a dangerous loophole to keep out really important evidence.

I think when the tweets come today they will be fast and thick. On MH's testimony day I would flip back to Twitter after posting and regularly find myself 30 tweets behind. So I will enjoy the tranquility for now. Om, everybody.

See that's my view too. How many times have we on WS fought over, and posted definitions of, words? There needs to be someone in the know presenting the texts so they can clarify the intended meaning. (Truthfully - or not.)

That's the thing.. even if one or both testified as to what any given text between them meant, we couldn't count on it to be true. The cell logs were pure data, yes, and they were presented by an 'expert'. Any texts LE were able to retrieve would also be pure data, wouldn't they? Also to be perhaps presented by an expert?

I think when the tweets come today they will be fast and thick. On MH's testimony day I would flip back to Twitter after posting and regularly find myself 30 tweets behind. So I will enjoy the tranquility for now. Om, everybody.

No doubt. When you left Thursday, I thought how 'hard can it be to copy & paste them' lol.... turns out it's harder than it seems! My head was spinning.

If there is no evidence that he is a changed person, consider, he initially went to and cooperated with LE.

We expect him to be one of the bad guys?

I think MH was the one backing DM 100% - first he jokes that he's getting guns, and then he takes the toolbox anyway - and then he passes it to the other accused...those were not pure tears of innocence. MH got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and he cried because he was forced to admit it against his will.

Color me uber-skeptical but I do have to wonder why, exactly, he went willingly to LE. None of these guys in DM's circle strike me as the type to willingly speak to LE about anything. I'm wondering if he spoke to a lawyer or someone else that convinced him it was in his best interest to go see LE, before they came looking for him.

Meterclicks I'm not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but I can take over the blog after lunch break if you like. Just let me know when you need me to take over.

And a huge THANK YOU in a advance for your twitter-duty. It really is a big help, and it's much appreciated.

Color me uber-skeptical but I do have to wonder why, exactly, he went willingly to LE. None of these guys in DM's circle strike me as the type to willingly speak to LE about anything. I'm wondering if he spoke to a lawyer or someone else that convinced him it was in his best interest to go see LE, before they came looking for him.

IIRC, he went to LE May 14th when he knew they were looking for a second suspect. He told them enough that at that point he was completely cleared of having any involvement. So IMO, he must have been really truthful with LE.

Meterclicks I'm not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but I can take over the blog after lunch break if you like. Just let me know when you need me to take over.

I saw it, thanks :) I will let you know

I had the vague sense from the date on the article that he presented himself willingly to LE and then proceeded to tell the lies he and MH had agreed upon. Give the *****storm on his FB account and the saturation of media coverage he probably knew he was going to be approached by LE anyway. I don't think his approaching LE either credits or discredits him, I think it was just inevitable.

Well AM might have been a little different because he had a (career/trades) job and a car and lived independently of his parents and was making his own life. Perhaps he did not want to lose the progress he had made and so immediately cooperated with LE because it wasn't worth it for him not to.

He wasn't an unemployed, angry young man smoking pot and rapping to fill the endless expanse of the days. He wasn't living off the feast and famine of work hours and tips in the hospitality industry. He was going somewhere.

If you look at the pictures of the back tailgate, it looks like someone spray painted over where the symbols and branding were removed. The finish around those areas was matte, rather than glossy like the rest of the body paint.

Sanded areas? SS ordered sanding discs

ETA, that still wouldn't explain why the cab smelled like paint.

Well AM might have been a little different because he had a (career/trades) job and a car and lived independently of his parents and was making his own life. Perhaps he did not want to lose the progress he had made and so immediately cooperated with LE because it wasn't worth it for him not to.

He wasn't an unemployed, angry young man smoking pot and rapping to fill the endless expanse of the days. He wasn't living off the feast and famine of work hours and tips in the hospitality industry. He was going somewhere.
And he's probably sitting in the witness room feeling pretty nervous right now. A lot of pressure on these guys! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125