Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In reviewing the timeline it appears that DM was awake from the morning of May 9 all the way to his arrest on the evening of May 10. That's about 36 hours with no sleep! And who knows how long he was up after his arrest, getting transported to jail, etc.

My thoughts on the spray-paint issue - he simply ran out of time. DM was likely aware of the blood evidence inside the cab of TM's Ram. He'd already partially stripped out and burnt a good portion of the interior. It also sounds like an attempt was made to power-wash the interior and exterior of the vehicle, in an effort to remove residue - evidence being the amount of cast-off dilute blood droplets on the under-carriage of the vehicle that he apparently wasn't aware of. My thought is that he intended to entirely strip out the Ram interior, and repaint the cabin sheet metal entirely satin white from floor to ceiling at some point before sending it off to his painter.

Then AJ happens, and the cops showed up at the hanger soon after the truck was moved... **** went downhill for DM fast.

I was thinking this too, but then why load the paint in the Yukon? Was he planning to paint TB's truck somewhere other than the hangar?

In reviewing the timeline it appears that DM was awake from the morning of May 9 all the way to his arrest on the evening of May 10. That's about 36 hours with no sleep! And who knows how long he was up after his arrest, getting transported to jail, etc.

Dellen Millard, the scion of a noted aviation dynasty who was arrested after a Hamilton father disappeared a week ago after joining two men offering to buy his truck on a test drive, was interrogated by police for almost 24 hours by officers desperately searching to find Tim Bosma.

http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...d-in-case-of-missing-ontario-father-tim-bosma

It was a rough day.

I'm playing serious catch up here but I'm wondering if we know anything about the toolbox and back pack after they were dropped at the Shoppers in Oakville?

I'm still waiting to hear about why the water hose was so important to bring up...or did I miss the reference?

I'm still waiting to hear about why the water hose was so important to bring up...or did I miss the reference?

Was there not a single point of blood residue evidence found on it? I thought i saw that mentioned sometime in the trial so far.

My thoughts on the spray-paint issue - he simply ran out of time. DM was likely aware of the blood evidence inside the cab of TM's Ram. He'd already partially stripped out and burnt a good portion of the interior. It also sounds like an attempt was made to power-wash the interior and exterior of the vehicle, in an effort to remove residue - evidence being the amount of cast-off dilute blood droplets on the under-carriage of the vehicle that he apparently wasn't aware of. My thought is that he intended to entirely strip out the Ram interior, and repaint the cabin sheet metal entirely satin white from floor to ceiling at some point before sending it off to his painter.

Then AJ happens, and the cops showed up at the hanger soon after the truck was moved... **** went downhill for DM fast.

Something I've been thinking about for a while regarding the shooting in the truck. I do think that they planned to kill TB, maybe even in the truck, what they didn't expect was that there was so much blood. Maybe when DM shot his Dad (IMO) there wasn't much blood. No blood spatter or very little. But, with TB that was not the case, lots of blood. sorry for being graphic, but I do think it's a possibilty.

I was thinking this too, but then why load the paint in the Yukon? Was he planning to paint TB's truck somewhere other than the hangar?

He had already used black spray paint on the stolen truck interior. You can't paint the outside of a truck with paint cans, especially inside that trailer???
Maybe he needed it for Riverside? Were the cans found anywhere?

I wonder now if MB still thinks her precious son DM is innocent as she previously stated. Funny she could say that even then, handling a small claims court settlement for him.

I also wonder if MB tried to influence what MH was going to testify in court. Hagermans are family friends with the Millards/Burns .

Do we have any clues about why DM had lost his license? I know it's been asked before, but not sure if I've missed any discussion...

I was wondering that also.. because the media had noted MS's previous convictions, including DUI. That isn't the only reason to have a license suspended, but surprised that hasn't been mentioned in the news.

Speeding? Shane said he was a crazy driver, Also, neighbours have said the same. Wasn't he also into drag racing?

I think speeding too. If he was busted for stunt driving, it would be a 7 day suspension. If he had accumulated 15 demerit points, it would be a 30 day suspension.

If he made the call from the farm - he had a drive-in entrance into the barn there - perhaps he had the idea of doing the 'prep-work' on the interior there, before transporting the truck to the painter in woodbridge for the exterior - rather than doing this at the hanger itself, which was rather much more in the public, and his associates view. There would also have been the issue of collateral over-spray on the contents of the hanger, if he was planning on blowing off 2 cases of spray-bombs in that space - whatever it was that he was planning on painting. I made that mistake in my own parent's basement - once.

I don't have an idea on why the paint didn't actually make it into the Yukon, or if in fact, it didn't.

Again, IMHO.

I've been thinking about DM's activities on the evening of May 9:

• Around 4pm, DM is driving the red Dodge Ram around the farm. He texts Schlatman (at hangar) "throw 2 boxes of satin white spray paint in the Yukon plz", implying the Yukon was at the hangar.
  • Just before 7pm, he shows up at the hangar driving the red Dodge Ram, and by 8:38pm he departs with the big trailer (TB's truck inside) in tow.
  • From there, he drops off Smich, picks up Noudga, drives to Kleinburg, ditches the trailer in his mom's driveway, etc.
  • By then it's almost midnight, and the cell activity is vague. But it's assumed that DM/CN drove to the farm and moved the incinerator, etc.
  • At 4am, DM meets MH to drop off the toolbox. MH stated that DM had the dark blue Yukon.

We can infer that DM and CN stopped by the hangar that night to pick up the Yukon before meeting Hagerman. Assuming Schlatman followed his orders, there would have been 2 boxes of white spray paint inside, but when DM was arrested the next day, these boxes were not in the Yukon, as far as we know. This just leads to more questions:

• What was the paint even going to be used for?
  • Did the plan for the spray paint got scrapped, and DM just left the boxes at the hangar?
  • Did the paint get transported somewhere?
  • Did some painting take place behind Riverside, and any mess created by it had to be washed off the driveway?
  • If DM planned to repaint TB's truck himself, why was it important to have SS pre-load the paint into the Yukon for him?

This article says the biologist smelled drying paint "“I smelled spray paint, drying spray paint,” he said." http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...eaned-when-police-found-it-murder-trial-hears

Don't know much more.

• Around 4pm, DM is driving the red Dodge Ram around the farm. He texts Schlatman (at hangar) "throw 2 boxes of satin white spray paint in the Yukon plz", implying the Yukon was at the hangar.
  • Just before 7pm, he shows up at the hangar driving the red Dodge Ram, and by 8:38pm he departs with the big trailer (TB's truck inside) in tow.
  • From there, he drops off Smich, picks up Noudga, drives to Kleinburg, ditches the trailer in his mom's driveway, etc.
  • By then it's almost midnight, and the cell activity is vague. But it's assumed that DM/CN drove to the farm and moved the incinerator, etc.
  • At 4am, DM meets MH to drop off the toolbox. MH stated that DM had the dark blue Yukon.

We can infer that DM and CN stopped by the hangar that night to pick up the Yukon before meeting Hagerman. Assuming Schlatman followed his orders, there would have been 2 boxes of white spray paint inside, but when DM was arrested the next day, these boxes were not in the Yukon, as far as we know. This just leads to more questions:

• Did the plan for the spray paint got scrapped, and DM just left the boxes at the hangar?
  • Did some painting take place behind Riverside, and any mess created by it had to be washed off the driveway?
  • If DM planned to repaint TB's truck himself, why was it important to have SS pre-load the paint into the Yukon for him?

BBM

I think that the timing indicates that plans changed once SS told DM by phone that evening (sometime after 4 pm and prior to just before 7 pm) what AJ had done by calling CS. I know it's reported that SS didn't know until he met with AJ and his family until 7 pm at AJ's home, but I bet AJ had already spoken to SS in the hangar when they were alone sometime between May 8th when he first saw TB's truck and May 9th when he had it confirmed by CS. I think this is the time when everything changed for DM. No more need to paint anything, just get rid of evidence as fast as he could. Maybe SS stayed behind at the hangar or came back after his meeting with AJ to load TB's truck into the trailer and attach it to the red Dodge Ram so it would be all ready to go when DM returned to the hangar with CN? It seems more plausible to me that SS used that winch to get the truck in the trailer in place than in does that DM and company did it themselves. I imagine that SS knew just what to do, and I don't think DM would have known how to do it and why would he when he had a personal mechanic who was willing to let the whole issue about having TB's truck in the hangar pass without any expressed concern? I have a feeling after this week's testimony that TB's truck was not the first stolen vehicle to take up space in the hangar, and DM's mechanic would have known or should have known this too, IMO.

Why didn't MS accompany him to do the cover up work? When under the pressure of time, why did DM drive to Oakville to drop off MS (in rush hour traffic?) and petition his girlfriend, CN to help him? Did MS refuse to help? Why involve more people? This night's work by DM and CN makes me really question MS's involvement in everything, IMO.

All MOO.

I know this article has been posted a number of times in the past, but I think it bears repeating (given that this has turned into the drug thread).

A former acquaintance of Millard's, who says she had attended almost two dozen parties at his home in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke, told CBC News that Millard and Noudga were dating.

"But [Millard] and Laura [Babcock] were just fooling around," she said. "He kept Laura around and gave her drugs."

The source asked CBC not to use her name because she said she was "terrified" of Millard. She described many of his parties as fuelled by cocaine and the drug MDMA and recalled several times when large brawls broke out.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...a-death-faces-2-more-murder-charges-1.2605741

I think it's interesting that the source was "terrified" of DM, even with him behind bars. Makes me think some of the court witnesses do have a reason to be afraid.

I doubt if he was tired during that time. IMO, he had a big enough medicinal supply to keep him going- just not sure how he handled the extra 24 hours of heavy interrogation. It really sickens me that he was sitting there, spewing some wild story to DP, signing his properties over to his mom, maintaining his silence, knowing full well that TB was "gone, gone, gone". OK, now that I've typed that I realize that the only thing he could have done is confess to murdering TB. He had to at least attempt sticking MS with the whole thing. MOO

What is also strange is that RB, the roommate, saw DM and CN in the red truck in the Maplegate driveway on what I assume was the night of the 9th. I believe he also said they went into the house? So they went back to Maplegate after dropping off the trailer and before heading to the farm? :waitasec:

Sometime later that week — he couldn't remember the exact date, but knows it was nighttime — Bochenek recalled seeing Millard and his girlfriend Christina Noudga sitting in Millard's red pickup truck in the driveway.

He didn't speak to them, he said — he thought they might be "making out" in the truck.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/640...millard-s-employee-said-paycheques-often-late

For your interest, the Grand Theft Auto wikipedia page says this; "Each game in this series allows players to take on the role of a criminal in the big city, typically an individual who plans to rise through the ranks of organised crime through the course of the game. The player is given various missions by kingpins and major idols in the city underworld which must be completed to progress through the storyline. Assassinations and other violent crimes are featured regularly. Occasionally taxi driving, firefighting, street racing, bus driving, or learning to fly helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft are also involved in the game."

The article also highlights crimes committed in the US in connection to the game, one being someone who killed his father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)

For your interest, the Grand Theft Auto wikipedia page says this; "Each game in this series allows players to take on the role of a criminal in the big city, typically an individual who plans to rise through the ranks of organised crime through the course of the game. The player is given various missions by kingpins and major idols in the city underworld which must be completed to progress through the storyline. Assassinations and other violent crimes are featured regularly. Occasionally taxi driving, firefighting, street racing, bus driving, or learning to fly helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft are also involved in the game."

The article also highlights crimes committed in the US in connection to the game, one being someone who killed his father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)

Yes, a great game - for the normal, sane individual, to blow off a little steam in engaging in some mindless virtual mayhem. I'm middle-aged, and play it a couple times a week online.. it's not meant as a template for Reality.. just a game. :gaah:

aahhh so there is a friend close by to the hanger??

Do we have any clues about why DM had lost his license? I know it's been asked before, but not sure if I've missed any discussion...

I dont know .... but I keep thinking that could have been when police "carded" DM and made a note about the ambition tattoo on his wrist.

It was the "carded" info in police files along with Igor mentioning the tattoo that brought police focus on DM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed