Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the girl in the video is MS's friend, not DM's, and she has processed naturally curly hair, and she wears glasses. The girl in the toolbox pic has unprocessed naturally straight hair.

So why would the fact she is a MS's friend preclude her from being in a photo at DM's?

Also wondering where you are getting the idea she has curly hair and glasses....please explain? Thanks

So why would the fact she is a MS's friend preclude her from being in a photo at DM's?

Also wondering where you are getting the idea she has curly hair and glasses....please explain? Thanks

Sorry, for some reason I went back to ETA glasses and there are none. But the hair is a totally different texture between the two. CD's on social media and you can see she has a strong wave in her hair. The toolbox girl plainly has unstraightened, straight hair.

Brainstorming some possible reasons for having the jury unexpectedly dismissed this morning:

• Violation of the publication ban.
  • Breach of no-contact orders.
  • Problem with a jury member.
  • New evidence was received.
  • The upcoming witness changed his statements.

Thoughts?

How does DM get a knapsack full of weed? A large quantity like that sounds like dealer level connections. If DM was the source of MS's weed, where was DM getting it from? I'm wondering if DM was using Waterloo Airport to bring in the contraband? Was he paying off a maintenance/security worker to collect packages on incoming flights? What kind of security clearance did DM have at the airport?

How far back does this really go? Was Mexico just for Baja or more? Who is providing DM with large quantities of weed and (harder) narcotics?

I've bee questioning the BAJA race for some time. I'm wasn't 100% familiar with this particular race but have since educated myself on it. With new testimony including SS'S obscured reason why the race wasn't good (ignition fell off the engine) the specs of the yellow jeep from BAJA fb and the build pics (wouldn't pass pre race tech inspection) There is a few more finding but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to state as they are not media coverage. And the theft ring they had going. But IMO, the race is a cover for something!

Makes me wonder if they were there to scope out race buggies? JV picked one up! Humm, maybe I'll go on one of my big USA 4x4 off road forums and search. I know some have went missing over past years. Too bad we didn't have pics of what JV picked up.

Brainstorming some possible reasons for having the jury unexpectedly dismissed this morning:

Thoughts?

What makes this so interesting to think of is that before the morning break there was no hint of this, so whatever happened or was revealed had to have happened over the break.

Sorry, for some reason I went back to ETA glasses and there are none. But the hair is a totally different texture between the two. CD's on social media and you can see she has a strong wave in her hair. The toolbox girl plainly has unstraightened, straight hair.

I actually see the resemblance.....not saying it is the same person......but they do have a very similar smile....where is A Bro when we need her? She could put all this speculation to rest :)

eta - A Bro - you beat me to it! Thanks!

Thoughts?

Someone deciding to plead guilty?

We were expecting 1/2 day when BD/MH testified, but instead they carried on and finished up with MH.

I expect the legal arguments this today are just those that were delayed by MH's testimony...and hopefully they'll cover some additional ground too, and prevent further delays later this week.

Crazy thought that is probably wrong. What if today one of the accused decided to change their plea and this is what the unexpected thing is? IMO, I feel like it could be possible after seeing so much damning evidence that one of them will change their mind.

This is all my speculation but maybe someone will agree with me. If (big if) MS has changed his plea now to guilty and that is what today is about, maybe that gives him the ability to get up on the stand and testify against DM? If lots of damning stuff against DM is not able to be entered as evidence and his friends that have testified are lying to protect him, maybe this is a way for MS to make sure DM gets put away for life? I think MM will testify with enough info to put MS away, however CN will probably be hostile and not too helpful.

All MOO.

We were expecting 1/2 day when BD/MH testified, but instead they carried on and finished up with MH.

I expect the legal arguments this today are just those that were delayed by MH's testimony...and hopefully they'll cover some additional ground too, and prevent further delays later this week.

Originally they said both Thursday and Friday were set aside for legal arguments. MH began his testimony on Wednesday. He returned on Thursday and they updated to say that legal arguments would be postponed until the afternoon on Thursday. Then that changed that as they allowed MH's testimony to be completed on Thursday afternoon.

Apparently, today's legal arguments are something about new.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-excused-for-legal-arguments-monday-1.3529736

All MOO.

3/3/16 Trial day 18, post #436 - Abro states she knows who the woman is, in the photo with the toolbox, but doesn't say who it is, except that's it's not LB (which is what some posters were questioning at the time). In that thread, it states the photo was taken in 2009. I don't know when MS & DM met, but CD (the one on the news after MS's arrest) is MS's friend. Perhaps you should ask Abro, next time she's on here posting...perhaps she could clear up that question. MOO

Update - Abro beat me to it.

While I agree with you that DM probably wouldnt have legally gotten away with the swapped VIN, there are plenty of crooked mechanics who emissions certify and "Safety" a vehicle for money every day. Something tells me that DM would have gone this route and probably knew someone who would do this for him. MOO

- Sorry if this has been pointed out, still catching up!

I was leaning towards the theory that Millard was planning on swapping the VINs, but I still have my doubts. In Ontario all vehicles need emission tests every two years. During that test the VIN number is entered in a computer linked to the government database. The fact that one truck was a diesel and the other wasn't would have immediately been detected the first time either vehicle needed that test. And Millard would still need to get a green ownership for his red truck which would now have Bosma's VIN, as the red trucks ownership would presumably gone with Tims repainted truck.

So even though that plan sounds pretty straightforward, it's not really as simple as it sounds. I still think the windshield removal tool was ordered to get at the vin plate as most people don't remove a windshield to paint a vehicle, I just don't think the plan was to swap it with Millards VIN.

Originally they said both Thursday and Friday were set aside for legal arguments. MH began his testimony on Wednesday. He returned on Thursday and they updated to say that legal arguments would be posted until the afternoon on Thursday. Then that changed that as they allowed MH's testimony to be completed on Thursday afternoon.

Apparently, today's legal arguments are something about new.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-excused-for-legal-arguments-monday-1.3529736

All MOO.

AC is saying in this article that testimony is now scheduled for Tuesday AFTERNOON (earlier reported Tuesday morning)......

Thoughts?

I speculate that it is one of the last 2 points on your list? I wish to be a fly on the wall today in that courtroom.

My sense is that whatever legal issue arose this morning, it's not going to end up with either accused now changing their plea. I could be 100% wrong. It's my impression that it's just another one among many legal glitches so far that have to be dealt with before they can proceed.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member