Did they both do it with help?

• Both with help?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acted alone?

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • neither

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Everyone says Darlie had plenty of time to cover up. Why leave blood on the murder weapon? Everyone says either Darin helped cover up, or she just snapped. Both ways gives her time to clean murder weapon. The only way is if planned. A third person would only have a certain amount of time to help. Devon stabbed a couple? Damon over ten? If everyone says Darin or Darlie had plenty of time to plant sock, why not a third person? Darin already stated thinking of hiring third person to break in. If finger prints didn't match anyone, why not fake them? Third person getting rid of evidence anyway. If you already believe he knows more, or is involved, why not think it was all planned??

Damon was stabbed 6 times, not over ten. and there were no rubber gloves used, those are partial fingerprints, not glove prints.

You need to read the transcripts...your information is totally off the wall.

In a murder investigation, the investigators go where the evidence leads them and this time it all led inside and to Darlie..no one else.

I couldn't vote in your poll as I don't understand it. Darlie acted alone, that I could vote for

No third person has ever been identified and never will because there was no third person, there was only Darlie.

I believe Darin knows she is guilty, but he had no hand in the crime.

They both wanted to see if they could get away with it. They had help though. Which is why the screen was cut, to get rid of evidence. The vacuum contained the glass fragments, which were placed on the floor. The fingerprints were a rubber finger dipped in blood for misdirection. Darin would never stop to fumble for his glasses, waking from sleep, to aide his family. And would naturally want to pursue anyone who hurt his own. The child who wouldn't die was attacked three different times. The last out of desperation by Darlie, who couldn't believe Darin failed twice. Blood on Darlie's back from Darin, who stabbed kids, then sliced Darlie from behind. Sock left by neighbor for misdirection, leaving scene with evidence in plastic trash bag. Affidavitt claimed glass from wine glass couldn't be staged. Only if vacuum was checked, that contained glass vacuumed earlier when wine glass was broken where it was. Routier's only vacuumed floor, left area where wine glass stored undisturbed, knowing children wouldn't contaminate adult area. Both love each other. Counting on public, and proud justice system to create doubt. Both knew police would look for one. Both acted suspicous. Police don't seem to want to pursue both, knowing he or she will take full responsibility. Finding third party and pressuring them will lead to the truth coming to light. Possible motive for third party??? Maybe increased property value to home from publicity. Maybe old favor, small town. Am I right?

No you are not right.

Yeah, seems like I'm wrong. It's just that Darin is acting strange, to me. It does make sense that he's just got a blind eye to the whole thing. See no evil.

Darin is/was so infactuated with Darlie that he has overlooked what she has done. He knows she did it, and is covering for her. I do believe he misses his kids, and you could tell in interviews he was more tore up over it than she, but to ask people right after the murders about Darlies *advertiser censored*??? Shows you what he cares most about.

Why would she wash the knife at all? I think she intended to hide the murder weapon by washing it. Only like everyone says Darlie attacked Damon multiple times. Which would mean the last attack happened when police were on there way in Darin's presence.

And I think Darin is the smart one. He's the bread winner. He is probably a better liar/actor. And Damon was stabbed so many times he probably figured he would die anyway.

And "what ifs", they're all what ifs. Unless Darlie confessed and I don't know about it. As far as I know it was all circumstantial. I'm not saying she's innocent. But, why not leap into thought that maybe Darin helped. I mean everyone believes she can why not him?

It would be pretty hard to explain why an intruder washed the knife. Darlie's story is he dropped the knife at the utility room door and she "automatically" picked it up. NO blood was found to indicate a knife was dropped anywhere in the utility room. The knife handle was not conducive to fingerprints as it was a hard plastic, but she didn't know that. That's why she keeps mentioning the prints. In case her prints were found on it, she was letting them know she picked it up and they weren't going to find an intruder's prints on it.

With all due respect, you cannot just imagine that Darin is involved. Speculation like that does not work in a courtroom. You need evidence to prove he was involved and so far there is none. His statement remained consistant every time he was interviewed..unlike Darlie who's changed continuously.

This post is a joke...right? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Although I've never posted on this particular thread, I've been an avid lurker for some time as this story has interested and troubled me from the very beginning.
With that said, I felt the need to comment regarding your response. One of the benefits that I've always appreciated here at WS's is being able to post a theory or opinion and, while others may agree OR disagree, it is done WITHOUT one being personally insulted which is the impression I get from your remark, followed by three crazy emoticons. IMO, I think that is extremely disrespectful and unkind to the poster.

And "what ifs", they're all what ifs. Unless Darlie confessed and I don't know about it. As far as I know it was all circumstantial. I'm not saying she's innocent. But, why not leap into thought that maybe Darin helped. I mean everyone believes she can why not him?

Because there is no evidence to support the theory that Darin was involved, If there was evidence implicating Darin then that would be a different story.

I'm not saying that I don't think Darin is capable of committing the crime, but the evidence does not suggest that he or anyone else but Darlie was involved.

I don't believe for a second that LE would have turned a blind eye to Darin if there was any evidence of him being involved.

Before reading the transcripts and knowing very little about the evidence involved in this case I would speculate about these things, but now it seems impossible to go with anything other than what the evidence suggests.

I don't think my previous post was clear enough. Darlie would not have to explain to the police why the intruder washed the knife. The knife would be clean and back in the block. The police (in Darlie's mind, at least) would not know that one of the knives in the house had been the murder weapon. The police were supposed to think the intruder fled down the alley and dropped the sock while keeping the murder weapon he had brought. Darlie washed the knife and put it back in the block before the sock run. But, when she got back, Damon had crawled to the kitchen and Darlie grabbed the same knife and stabbed him again. She sliced her own throat, too, which accounts for her blood and Damon's being on the knife, but not Devon's. Devon's blood was found in the sink trap. But, Darin was awakened by some noises and came downstairs to find Darlie with a bloody knife, which she had not had time to wash again. Her explanation ever since has been that the intruder dropped the knife on his way out.

Although I've never posted on this particular thread, I've been an avid lurker for some time as this story has interested and troubled me from the very beginning.
With that said, I felt the need to comment regarding your response. One of the benefits that I've always appreciated here at WS's is being able to post a theory or opinion and, while others may agree OR disagree, it is done WITHOUT one being personally insulted which is the impression I get from your remark, followed by three crazy emoticons. IMO, I think that is extremely disrespectful and unkind to the poster.

Yeah, I guess your right, but I do believe the questions in this post were so far out there that it had to be a joke. As there is absolutely no evidence of neighbors, etc. being involved I didn't think the poster was really serious.
If you are offended by my response I apologize to you but not for my opinion of the post.

Yeah, I guess your right, but I do believe the questions in this post were so far out there that it had to be a joke. As there is absolutely no evidence of neighbors, etc. being involved I didn't think the poster was really serious.
If you are offended by my response I apologize to you but not for my opinion of the post.

As difficult as it is, we have to try to keep in mind that, while our own individual theory may appear well-grounded in reality to ourselves, it may not be viewed the same way by others (and vice-versa). That's what makes each of us able to form and come up with our own opinions, and that's a beautiful thing.
My post was/is in no way about your individual opinion on this case and I wouldn't want you to feel that way - it was/is simply in regards to the response you made to the poster who happened to have a differing view/opinion then your own. :hug:
JMO ~

Since I've stepped out from lurkdom...I hope no one will mind if I ask a question about the case. Was the sock that was found outside ever matched to any of the socks within the home (the brand, style, etc.)? TIA!

Since I've stepped out from lurkdom...I hope no one will mind if I ask a question about the case. Was the sock that was found outside ever matched to any of the socks within the home (the brand, style, etc.)? TIA!

If I remember correctly the sock in th ally was matched up to a sock that was Darrins. Also if I remember correctly only Darlie's DNA was found inside the sock. Cami will correct me if I'm wrong.

I will see if I can find the transcripts for any who may want to read then.

If I remember correctly the sock in th ally was matched up to a sock that was Darrins. Also if I remember correctly only Darlie's DNA was found inside the sock. Cami will correct me if I'm wrong.

I will see if I can find the transcripts for any who may want to read then.

Well I am unable to find it. I'm sure cami will come along with it and then I'm going to save it in my favorites in case anyone else would like to read them.

Night all. Take care.

As difficult as it is, we have to try to keep in mind that, while our own individual theory may appear well-grounded in reality to ourselves, it may not be viewed the same way by others (and vice-versa). That's what makes each of us able to form and come up with our own opinions, and that's a beautiful thing.
My post was/is in no way about your individual opinion on this case and I wouldn't want you to feel that way - it was/is simply in regards to the response you made to the poster who happened to have a differing view/opinion then your own. :hug:
JMO ~

I have never thought about it this way before, very wise :goodpost:

If I remember correctly the sock in th ally was matched up to a sock that was Darrins. Also if I remember correctly only Darlie's DNA was found inside the sock.

Yep, it was Darin's sock. A significant amount of Darlie's DNA was in the toe of the sock. This is why many believe (myself included) that she used it to cover the knife handle to prevent fingerprints.

None of Darlie's blood was on that sock...just the two boys.

Yep, it was Darin's sock. A significant amount of Darlie's DNA was in the toe of the sock. This is why many believe (myself included) that she used it to cover the knife handle to prevent fingerprints.

None of Darlie's blood was on that sock...just the two boys.

Not to be a pest here Mary456, but when you say a "significant amount of Darlie's DNA was in the toe of the sock," was the DNA exclusively hers alone (inside the sock) or was Darin's (or anyone elses for that matter) DNA also found inside the sock? TIA (and for your patience with me)!

Not to be a pest here Mary456, but when you say a "significant amount of Darlie's DNA was in the toe of the sock," was the DNA exclusively hers alone (inside the sock) or was Darin's (or anyone elses for that matter) DNA also found inside the sock? TIA (and for your patience with me)!

Judith Floyd detected only Darlie's DNA in the toe of the sock. Neither side questioned her about whether Darin's DNA was found elsewhere on it.

I need to correct myself, though. Floyd didn't say it was a significant amount (my memory isn't what it used to be, lol) She said, "Based on my experience, it takes more than just a light contact such as picking up a sock."

Darlie's DNA in the toe wasn't, by itself, strong evidence. But coupled with her extreme concern about her fingerprints being on the knife - a concern that she voiced to anyone who would listen, including doctors and nurses - it becomes much more relevant.

P.S. You're not a pest!

I'm not saying that I don't think Darin is capable of committing the crime, but the evidence does not suggest that he or anyone else but Darlie was involved.

I don't believe for a second that LE would have turned a blind eye to Darin if there was any evidence of him being involved.

I agree.

Darin was initially a suspect, Rebdot. He was questioned, they took his clothing, and inspected his body for any scratches, etc. Even Darlie's mother admits this.

There was simply nothing to tie him to the actual murders. His account of coming down the stairs and giving CPR to Devon was consistent. Later on, he lied his you-know-what off, but that was to protect his arm candy.

Darin repeated one thing that I found very believable. He said that his first thought when he saw Devon bleeding on the floor was that the glass coffee table had fallen on him (it was overturned). Devon was a rambunctious little guy, so this sounds like a logical thought to me under the circumstances. It sounds credible.

I don't think my previous post was clear enough. Darlie would not have to explain to the police why the intruder washed the knife. The knife would be clean and back in the block. The police (in Darlie's mind, at least) would not know that one of the knives in the house had been the murder weapon. The police were supposed to think the intruder fled down the alley and dropped the sock while keeping the murder weapon he had brought. Darlie washed the knife and put it back in the block before the sock run. But, when she got back, Damon had crawled to the kitchen and Darlie grabbed the same knife and stabbed him again. She sliced her own throat, too, which accounts for her blood and Damon's being on the knife, but not Devon's. Devon's blood was found in the sink trap. But, Darin was awakened by some noises and came downstairs to find Darlie with a bloody knife, which she had not had time to wash again. Her explanation ever since has been that the intruder dropped the knife on his way out.

Oh now I understand...sorry for the mix up. Thanks for explaining.

Darin repeated one thing that I found very believable. He said that his first thought when he saw Devon bleeding on the floor was that the glass coffee table had fallen on him (it was overturned). Devon was a rambunctious little guy, so this sounds like a logical thought to me under the circumstances. It sounds credible.

It certainly is logical, If I come down to a similar scene my first assumption would be very much the same.

Back to washing the knife- It seems strange to me that she would want to wash the knife, unless she thought that washing it removed all trace of blood and she could just put it back in the block and no one would know that knife was ever used in the crime.

In 1996 was the use of luminol common knowledge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back