Did they both do it with help?

• Both with help?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acted alone?

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • neither

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
I don't think Darlie could have known about luminol or she wouldn't have wiped the handprint off the sofa or tried to clean up around the sink.

I dont think most people know about luminol. by name at any rate, everyone's got the CSI effect going on so....but every time I've mentioned it in general company I have always had to explain what it was. (as a true crime geek, this happens I'd say monthly, I've never mentioned luminol and not been asked what it was)

Darlie didn't know about luminol, that's obvious.

But she sure knew about fingerprints.

I was SO stunned when I got to the nurse's testimoney that was with her when she came out of the anaesthesia, she was talking about the fingerprints! wth! last thing she knew, her and her boy were BOTH taken to hospital, she never asks about him, only talks about the knife and fingerprints?!!

Not to be a pest here Mary456, but when you say a "significant amount of Darlie's DNA was in the toe of the sock," was the DNA exclusively hers alone (inside the sock) or was Darin's (or anyone elses for that matter) DNA also found inside the sock? TIA (and for your patience with me)!

I believe she also testified that the skin cells found would be shed more under stress or something like that, my memory not so good of her testimony.

I don't think Darin was involved in the staging, I think he really did wake up to a parents worst nightmare, If you listen to the entire 911 call towards the end you can hear Darlie saying to Darin "Somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it Darin", Why would he be asking what happened if he already knew?

Police also reported that Darin was helping to save Damon when they arrived, If he was involved(by stabbing Damon like you suggest) he wouldn't want someone that could implicate him to survive, he would be distant like Darlie was, she ignored an officer who asked her to get towels.

I think you're making an unsupported assumption that Darin asked a question. All we can hear is Darlie's statement, whether or not it's an answer to a question or merely a statement is unclear and unproven.

Also, according to the first responding officer, Waddell, Darin met him on the lawn when he drove up and when they went in the house Darin knelt by Devon to help him. Once again, it isn't proven with independent evidence Darin had even touched Devon before Waddell got there. A significant fact: there has been no mention of blood on Darin when he met Waddell on the lawn although Darin claims to have been sprayed in the face and down his chest and jeans. It's significant that no mention was ever made of blood on Darin by Waddell.

Of course no mention of blood on Darin could mean nothing but it could mean everything, like Darin hadn't touched Devon before Waddell got there. So what was he doing the whole time?

I think you're making an unsupported assumption that Darin asked a question. All we can hear is Darlie's statement, whether or not it's an answer to a question or merely a statement is unclear and unproven.

Also, according to the first responding officer, Waddell, Darin met him on the lawn when he drove up and when they went in the house Darin knelt by Devon to help him. Once again, it isn't proven with independent evidence Darin had even touched Devon before Waddell got there. A significant fact: there has been no mention of blood on Darin when he met Waddell on the lawn although Darin claims to have been sprayed in the face and down his chest and jeans. It's significant that no mention was ever made of blood on Darin by Waddell.

Of course no mention of blood on Darin could mean nothing but it could mean everything, like Darin hadn't touched Devon before Waddell got there. So what was he doing the whole time?

Darin is heard on the 911 call before the police get there so he was in the murder scene somewhere. In fact you could say Darlie and Darin were the first to contaminate the crime scene.

Though I do understand what you're saying. There is no independant proof he helped the children prior to the arrival of the cops,, but there are educated guesses. By the sounds Darin is making on the 911 call and the independant identification of blood on his jeans. There was a lot of blood on the jeans but I don't think the cop's not mentioning it is that big a deal really.

It may be in a report that wasn't submitted as evidence. We don't know. All we know is the jeans were not entered into evidence so we can only speculate. Obviously both defence and prosecution were satisfied.

Darin is heard on the 911 call before the police get there so he was in the murder scene somewhere. In fact you could say Darlie and Darin were the first to contaminate the crime scene.

Though I do understand what you're saying. There is no independant proof he helped the children prior to the arrival of the cops,, but there are educated guesses. By the sounds Darin is making on the 911 call and the independant identification of blood on his jeans.

Yes, Darin is heard on the tape but you can't tell if he asks Darlie anything and you can't tell he's performing CPR from the sounds on the tape.

The other poster said Darlie was answering Darin's question when she said someone walked in and did this and I quite rightly pointed out that there's no proof there was a question but it's clear Darlie made a statement about blame long before blame was even on the radar. Honestly, when Darlie says that about someone coming in and deliberately doing this it sounds like she's jumping into the conversation between Darin and Waddell, correcting something Darin said.

I wasn't saying Darin wasn't in the middle of the scene. I'm saying there is no proof that Darin was doing what he and Darlie say he was doing and the lack of mention of blood by Waddell supports my theory.

Yes, Darin is heard on the tape but you can't tell if he asks Darlie anything and you can't tell he's performing CPR from the sounds on the tape.

The other poster said Darlie was answering Darin's question when she said someone walked in and did this and I quite rightly pointed out that there's no proof there was a question but it's clear Darlie made a statement about blame long before blame was even on the radar. Honestly, when Darlie says that about someone coming in and deliberately doing this it sounds like she's jumping into the conversation between Darin and Waddell, correcting something Darin said.

I wasn't saying Darin wasn't in the middle of the scene. I'm saying there is no proof that Darin was doing what he and Darlie say he was doing and the lack of mention of blood by Waddell supports my theory.

Oh yes, I wasn't questioning your judgement, you're correct. Everyone takes it for granted. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion and theories.

:seeya:

Darin is involved but only with the cover up. Read his testimony. He was def. in shock at the time of the murders. I do not believe he killed his boys nor at the very beginning that Darlie did it too. I believe he knows NOW but until she is gone, we will NEVER know about when he FIGURED it out. JMT

i used to think darin was involved but i agree with Wendy and others. i think he is just part of the coverup and mistruths told to match the evidence. i think it occurred to him pretty quickly darlie was responsible and he decided he still wanted her.
what got me to thinking that was was when i watch the leeza gibbons show, darrin stated he didn't realize darlie's neck had been cut. i stated this in another thread but to be redundant...i think he said that to jive with her story that she wasn't concerned with her own wounds and tried to help the boys. no way he missed her screaming she as stabbed on 911, no way he missed her holding a towel to her neck and dripping blood everywhere. also, the neck wound to me looks self inflicted. if darrin did it it would have looked different. i just cant imagine the 2 of them together murdering the boys. and if they did darlie would have spared herself the DP and sold him out with her. its harder to believe 2 people snapped that night in a rage. i think if both wanted to kill the boys and plotted it they would have staged a drowning or something less gruesome. whoever did it was in a pure rage.
like i said...i used to think he was involved due to his demeanor, the statement in books or some other place about how he missed not being able to have sex anywhere in the house anymore, the biggest thing to hit rowlett comment, the book deal comments, paying the defense not to point finger at him and his overall lack of deep grief.

the only part i cant decide is WHEN darin started the coverup. did he not save damon because he thought maybe at the time darlie did it and didn't want a witness or was it truly what he said - he learned not to roll over a victim in CPR class?
i think he failed the lie detector because he knows deep down darlie is guilty. i just hope its not guilt for purposely not attempting to save damon.

I personally don't believe he played any part in the actual murders, and did make every attempt to save the boys. I do think Darlie had him wrapped. Completely and totally wrapped. Over time he learned to watch her every move, and pay attention to every tone in her voice in order to behave the way he was "supposed" to.

So I agree with you when you said:

erinleigh said:
i think he is just part of the coverup and mistruths told to match the evidence. i think it occurred to him pretty quickly darlie was responsible and he decided he still wanted her.

I agree IrishMist. i think after knowing her since she was 15 he was quite tuned in to her histronics and sensed right away something was very hinky. i pray u are right about him trying to save the boys. i just wished i knew when it all clicked so i could get off the fence about wondering how far he went to save them.
if he did CPR on devon and blood spurted all over him (he said he washed his face, shoulders and back even) then why did the neighbors not state he came to the door covered in blood? and the 1st officer on the scene..did he report seeing all the blood when he saw darin outside? if anyone has a link i would be grateful

I think that Darin did love those boys and I don't think he had anything to do with their deaths other than being married to the true murderer. Darin is creepy and all but I think he loved the boys and wouldn't have hurt them and I believe he was really trying to save them that night. I would love to talk with Darin now and see if he still feels the same way about Darlie being innocent. I wander if he has changed his mind now since he filed for divorce.

I think that Darin did love those boys and I don't think he had anything to do with their deaths other than being married to the true murderer. Darin is creepy and all but I think he loved the boys and wouldn't have hurt them and I believe he was really trying to save them that night. I would love to talk with Darin now and see if he still feels the same way about Darlie being innocent. I wander if he has changed his mind now since he filed for divorce.

Agreed on all. I think he also never came forward with what he believes once he realized she did it because he feels it would have been too embarrassing. Plus, he may have not come out publicly against the SheDevil so as not to cause a rif with her family over something no one can change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back