Boulder Police meet with JonBenet Ramsey's now adult brother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it just a coincidence that this is happening right after Burke graduates from college? Let's say that Burke knows that his parents killed JonBenet but has kept his mouth shut all these years. Could he be speaking up now because his dad has finished paying for his college? Someone else was speculating about this back when Burke was a student. Of course for this to be true, Burke would have to be the one to initiate the meeting and it's not specific.

Is it just a coincidence that this is happening right after Burke graduates from college? Let's say that Burke knows that his parents killed JonBenet but has kept his mouth shut all these years. Could he be speaking up now because his dad has finished paying for his college? Someone else was speculating about this back when Burke was a student. Of course for this to be true, Burke would have to be the one to initiate the meeting and it's not specific.

That's why I was wondering who initiated the meeting. BR may have been harboring a lot of resentment for the last 14 years. He may also know nothing at all, but I believe there is a good reason this is happening.

It would be HUGE if Burke initiated the meeting. He's not going to call the Boulder PD and make them fly 1000 miles to say, "Hey. Listen to any good music lately?" Now, the Boulder PD said that they reopened the case so this could all be routine--interviewing everyone who was involved again. Also, this happens right about Lou Smit dies. Maybe Burke didn't want to reveal that his parents were the ones who killed JonBenet because he knew it would devastate Lou?

I doubt he met with the BPD without his lawyer. I can just see the transcript of the interview now- with each probing question comes the reply "And I understand you are not going to allow your client to answer that".

The Patsy and LW show all over again.

If I am wrong and he does have something helpful to say, there just might be a chance. After all, Hell hasn't frozen over YET.

I wonder if as an adult and he reads about his sister's murder does HE have allot of questions that he needs proof of now.
I'm sure his family brainwashd him with their own theories and now he needs answers!

I wonder if as an adult and he reads about his sister's murder does HE have allot of questions that he needs proof of now.
I'm sure his family brainwashd him with their own theories and now he needs answers!

And I'm sure you are wrong about his family brainwashing him.

Nice doggy btw.

Okay possible scenario here:

After the murder, Burke is told by his parents that JBR was killed by an intruder and that's that. End of story. Don't talk about it with anyone. She's not here anymore. Now, Burke is an adult now and he starts reading about the case online. He reads a lot of information from RDIs and then he begins to remember things. Maybe things that he has blocked out. So he calls BPD to talk to them.

Okay possible scenario here:

After the murder, Burke is told by his parents that JBR was killed by an intruder and that's that. End of story. Don't talk about it with anyone. She's not here anymore. Now, Burke is an adult now and he starts reading about the case online. He reads a lot of information from RDIs and then he begins to remember things. Maybe things that he has blocked out. So he calls BPD to talk to them.

From your lips to God's ears!

I know the DA's office gave the case back to the BPD in June 2009 with instructions to reopen it. I wonder if any of the players are still with the BPD or DA's office from back in 1996 or if we have all new characters? And I certainly hope the BPD and DA's office can play together better now than they could back then. We may just solve this thing if they have seasoned detectives investigating and a DA willing to back them up...

BTW - I realize I'm new here to you guys, but I do reading all of your insights regularly. Just last week, I visited JonBenet and family's graves to pay my respects. I have great pics, but I can't put them up yet due to forum rules (I haven't posted enough). They are on my photobucket page if anyone would like the address to that.

I know the DA's office gave the case back to the BPD in June 2009 with instructions to reopen it. I wonder if any of the players are still with the BPD or DA's office from back in 1996 or if we have all new characters? And I certainly hope the BPD and DA's office can play together better now than they could back then. We may just solve this thing if they have seasoned detectives investigating and a DA willing to back them up...

BTW - I realize I'm new here to you guys, but I do reading all of your insights regularly. Just last week, I visited JonBenet and family's graves to pay my respects. I have great pics, but I can't put them up yet due to forum rules (I haven't posted enough). They are on my photobucket page if anyone would like the address to that.

Welcome to WS and especially the JonBenet forum! You can up your post count really quick if you go to the games forum and post on the counting threads (just a suggestion).

Welcome aboard, SheBoss.

I'd sure like to believe that this interview went the way some think, but I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Right, SD. There are a few others that I would like to see interviewed again. Mainly the Stine family (including Doug) and JAR.

I wonder if/when we will ever hear about the interview. What if he corroberates that he was up that morning when the 911 call was made? What if he remembers the pineapple and that she was awake? I am just so very glad this cold case isn't being ignored.

I wonder if/when we will ever hear about the interview. What if he corroberates that he was up that morning when the 911 call was made? What if he remembers the pineapple and that she was awake? I am just so very glad this cold case isn't being ignored.
Funny. It's hard to think of this as a "cold case," having had this murder haunt me personally and given all the time and attention, thought and effort that average citizens have put into it over the years.

I wonder who leaked news of this interview to the press, and why?

Very interesting development. Or it could be just another dead end. Not getting my hopes up too high.

Now that Burke is an adult, John can't stop him from talking. Wonder if John is running scared...:waitasec:
I hope Burke will do the right thing by his sister and bring justice for JonBenet.

Remember way back when BR told that JB was awake when they got home that night, contradicting what his parents had already told? If he was the one who drank the tea, he surely knows who ate the pineapple as well as who fixed the snack for the both of them. That's a question I have always had, did BR fix the snack or was it Patsy? He was plenty old enough to have retained his memories of that night, the question is what will he do with them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back