Boy bags hog said bigger than 'Hogzilla'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hunting for food doesn't mean you have to hunt for food, it just means that you eat what you kill, and consider anything else to be wasteful and wrong.

That's how I was brought up.

Sausage is a really good way to cook game, it doesn't have that "gamey" flavor that way--chili, things like that with venison are really good.

I still can't believe the size of that thing--It must have been an eating machine!

You eat it. They will get about 500 lbs of sausage out of that thing. They hunt for food not just for enjoyment. This was in Delta, Alabama, north central close to the Georgia line. Very rural.

Nasty, vile, mean creatures, they charge everything and def are destructive.

I've seen some huge wild boar in my lifetime but never one that big! I'd have run the other way if I was sure it wouldn't have chased me lol

BhamMama,
Thanks for the info. I had no idea they could be eaten...had my dummy cap on last night. :blushing: lol

PS that's a lot of sausage.

The boy did have adults with him, armed with more powerful weapons. They were prepared to use them if the boar had charged at them. But they wanted to give the kid the kill.

I realize that hunting is a sport, and the boar wouldve killed them all as soon as looked at them... but if it were me, I wouldve had to call in the big guns (dad with his more powerful gun) to put the animal out of his pain. This was like slowly torturing it to death.

Since they had to chase it they might not have had many chances to kill it outright, since it wasn't until the end of the 3 hours that the kid got a point blank shot. It sounded like there were lots of trees, too. Hard to say.

Even if they didn't need food, a wild hog that size would be too dangerous to keep around, practically speaking.

As far as it's size, the dimensions they gave would make it literally the same size as a very large grizzly bear! :eek:

Here is the famous picture.

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for the link Trisha. The one photo with the tractor gives a better idea of the size, as compared to the others.

tractorphoto.jpg

I saw a picture of this HOG in our hometown Canadian newspaper from yesterday. OMG, I thought I was going to have a stroke. It showed the child standing behind the dead body of the HOG.

I never in my wildest dreams even knew that this type of animal existed let alone the size of it. KUDOS to the child, I showed our kids and they even went WOW. Wild hogs are not a Canadian thing, therefore I never knew they were alive, BTW, can you eat them, or is it just hunting for sport.

I saw a picture of this HOG in our hometown Canadian newspaper from yesterday. OMG, I thought I was going to have a stroke. It showed the child standing behind the dead body of the HOG.

I never in my wildest dreams even knew that this type of animal existed let alone the size of it. KUDOS to the child, I showed our kids and they even went WOW. Wild hogs are not a Canadian thing, therefore I never knew they were alive, BTW, can you eat them, or is it just hunting for sport.

SAVAGE ENCOUNTERS
Hunting in Alberta, Canada for Bear, Wolf, Big Horn Sheep, Deer, Elk, Moose, Exotic Sheep, Wild Boar, Buffalo/Bison

http://www.huntingtop10.com/guides/canada/ab/ab21/index.html

Real wild boar hunting farm, ranch Ontario Canada
Wild boar hunting at it's best! Xtreme wild boar hunting in rugged woods. Savage, trophy wild boar hunting for daring hunter. Young, spirited wild boar hunting for novice hunter. True European wild boar for rifle hunting or bow hunting in exciting, natural bush with a trout creek winding through the hunting valley

Well I stand corrected by Toms girl, but if you live in the big city, have never seen a gun, never hunted and all of your food comes from the supermarket, I guess I was not in the "hunting" lingo. But if hunting is your sport, and to many a Canadians it is, then they would have know about all of the animals that can be hunted.

But again can you eat the Wild Boar...........some people just kill for sport, others make dinner. I am not so fond of wild meat, the game taste, but I am sure some are.

I have no problem with hunting for food. I don't like hunting to just get trophies. That being said, I can't stand venison, elk meat, antelope meat, or anything like that. I have eaten wild pig, no problem there. I was born in MT, raised in CO, and now live in AR. DH doesn't hunt, but he fishes. I fish, but I don't eat the fish. He does. LOL

Every year someone brings my FIL a deer. He sneaks the venison into whatever he is cooking, and then pretends I'm stupid. I just don't eat when I know there is venison in the house. LOL

My son is in awe over this thing. I had to print the picture. Yes, I have Grizzly Adams living with me....LOL, a very young version.

Whether feral or not, I didn't know a hog could get THAT big...jeez....sorry for fred and/or his owners...

Poor hog caught up in a fenced Reserve. I wonder if the site will take the photo off it's page now?
http://www.lostcreekplantation.com/
Poor Fred; that's no way to treat a pet hog. They pastured him a private hunting farm, right in the line of fire. He probably thought these guys were bringing him food, especially since they were calling him in by name.

Poor Fred; that's no way to treat a pet hog. They pastured him a private hunting farm, right in the line of fire. He probably thought these guys were bringing him food, especially since they were calling him in by name.
OMG BUzz.

Heeeere Fred, heeeere freddie Boy..c'mon fred.

OMG BUzz.

Heeeere Fred, heeeere freddie Boy..c'mon fred.

JBean,

I heard that hogs can grow that big by feeding them protein bars with pieces of choclate covered wood in them. :)

JBean,

I heard that hogs can grow that big by feeding them protein bars with pieces of choclate covered wood in them. :)
You don't say? That explains the size of my butt then.:D

I agree. The whole thing disgusts me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back