Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have mentioned it to a couple friends and then just cleaned it all up herself, its not like you are going to let that sit there near your kids toys. My guess is she cleaned it up. Then called the bug guy for the ants.. I know in my own experience ants are evil and won't just go away after you think they are gone :( other bugs like maggots that come from raisins, etc.. can be cleaned up, although its so disgusting you can do it if you have to, I had to do it once and there is no way I would have called an exterminator, I knew it was from something that landed under the fridge and I just had to take care of it myself... gross.. I am having a flashback.

And in fact there was testimony from one of the friends (sorry, can't remember which one) that Nancy used a fork to get the bugs off the table. I want to say it was the friend who testified that she remembers the hand sign that Nancy used in describing how big the bugs were. I remember thinking at the time a fork was an odd thing to use, but hey - I ain't touching maggoty looking things either with my fingers, so maybe a fork was lying close by and she grabbed it to scoop up the bugs.

DD stated during her testimony of a situation of her, CD, NC and JP. DD stated that she and CD went to their house while NC and JP went over to the Cooper house and were talking on the porch. DD stated that she did not keep watching to see what happened however she stated quite grudgingly that she had thought they had "fooled around".

My understanding is the timing of this makes it questionable.

Wow. Totally missed all that. Was this in her affidavit or ? I wonder if she was jealous of Nancy? Given that her husband said he would "hit that."

Good point. I wonder, since he wasn't giving her access to bank accounts, how she was going to be able to pay for a rental?

I wondered about that too.

Another thing I'm curious about is why didn't they already have the house listed to sell since they were definitely getting a divorce? I missed some of the interview of the real estate agent.

If I recall correctly, the reason NC gave for slowing down on listing the house was that BC was going to fight for custody. I could be wrong, maybe somebody else can verify.

Wow. Totally missed all that. Was this in her affidavit or ? I wonder if she was jealous of Nancy? Given that her husband said he would "hit that."

Her testimony on the stand under cross, if you want to go back and watch that part.

I finally took the time to watch some depositions last night. I had forgotten the cleaning questions were in 2 parts. He claimed Nancy returned from vacation 7-6-08 and was upset he didn't wash the floors. He said he would get to it later in the week. When asked by Ms Stubbs later about his cleaning spree on 7-12. he claims he was on his hands and knees cleaning (hot water and vinegar)the high traffic area floors downstairs, including the foyer. He later told his attorney , on cross, that he also washed the bedroom floors and the stairs. She obviously saw that it needed to be shown he was doing more than the foyer where she was likely killed.

He also said he did 5-6 loads of laundry and didn't recall if he washed the dress or not?
He said Nancy told him st 7PM she had spilled wine on the dress and he could see the wet spot where she tried to clean it at the time.
So, he told CPD he washed it, yet SBI said it appeared unwashed? I'm wondering how important the dress thing really is?

When I clean our floors on my hands and knees, it is usually to clean a mess. Don't most people use some sort of mop or swiffer-thing when doing routine floor cleaning?
I know we do.

I finally took the time to watch some depositions last night. I had forgotten the cleaning questions were in 2 parts. He claimed Nancy returned from vacation 7-6-08 and was upset he didn't wash the floors. He said he would get to it later in the week. When asked by Ms Stubbs later about his cleaning spree on 7-12. he claims he was on his hands and knees cleaning (hot water and vinegar)the high traffic area floors downstairs, including the foyer. He later told his attorney , on cross, that he also washed the bedroom floors and the stairs. She obviously saw that it needed to be shown he was doing more than the foyer where she was likely killed.

He also said he did 5-6 loads of laundry and didn't recall if he washed the dress or not?
He said Nancy told him st 7PM she had spilled wine on the dress and he could see the wet spot where she tried to clean it at the time.
So, he told CPD he washed it, yet SBI said it appeared unwashed? I'm wondering how important the dress thing really is?

When I clean our floors on my hands and knees, it is usually to clean a mess. Don't most people use some sort of mop or swiffer-thing when doing routine floor cleaning?
I know we do.

Actually, the SBI agent said they couldn't determine whether the dress was washed or not. It was actually the defense that tried (to me at least) to suggest the dress hadn't been washed because they brought up the deodorant streaks.

You would think he would use a mop (didn't see the depo, did Stubbs follow up with why he was doing it on his hands and knees instead of a mop?). Not everyone has a swiffer wetjet.

Good point. I wonder, since he wasn't giving her access to bank accounts, how she was going to be able to pay for a rental?

Another thing I'm curious about is why didn't they already have the house listed to sell since they were definitely getting a divorce? I missed some of the interview of the real estate agent.

I'm curious about the real estate agent as well. Are we to believe that she was 'scared' when she sent the email to him but yet did not appear that way at the party? Just that she was angry.

IMO, I think she had just had enough, it was more of an angry urgency more than a 'fear for your life' urgency.

I have a theory on how it happened (as far as motive) if he did it. Keep in mind I'm one of the dreaded 'fencers'. :)

I think the situation in that house was just getting out of control for NC. She couldn't deal with him anymore. She was pissed he hadn't cleaned the house, she was pissed that she had no money and she was pissed she was still stuck in Cary, NC dealing with this garbage day in and day out. She probably contacted her lawyer basically saying she needs to get out, how can we do this (what are my rights, etc).

He intercepts these emails. This pisses him off. He's annoyed that he's had to live in this kind of situation, he's annoyed that she basically embarrassed him at the party in front of everyone, he's annoyed that everyone who wants to hear knows their business. Plus, unlike what a majority of what people here think, I think he cared about those kids, at least enough to care that he would barely see them once NC high tailed it back to Canada. He saw that email and realized this woman is going to take my kids away from me and ruin my life as much as she can.

Now, at this point it's just a question of whether anger drove him to strangle her or he actually put thought into killing her before she even walked in the door. Either way, I'm not sure he had stuff figured out of what to do after the fact. He was kind of winging it at that point, probably got the bright idea of faking the call while he figuring out what to do with the body. He remembers there's a new development not far where he lives, he can go there while it's still dark. He knows he can't stay there very long because he doesn't want the random night owl to notice there is a car driving through a unfinished part of the subdivision. After HT, he gets home and figured he should just clean everything in case there is anything he missed.

I know we do.

I generally wash my hardwoods on hands and knees with vinegar and water. That is the way I was taught and have just always done it that way. The reason I was given is that with hardwoods, you want the minimum of liquid and it is hard to do that with a mop esp if there is a spot that need work or at the baseboards. I also dry them at the same time with a towel. I do use a mop on tile.

Hello! First time posting. I have only recently developed an interest in this case and have been reading much (but not all) of the info I can find.

Looking at this from a juror's perspective and assuming they had little to no real knowledge of the inside details prior to being seated --- it's all so very confusing and seems to be more of a he said/she said gang mentality.

What am I missing?

I read the "facts" (?) stated in this forum and say to myself, "yes, that makes perfect sense". He must have killed her.

I read the GOLO facts (?) as presented, and say to myself, "no, no REAL evidence to convict".

Of course, I realize that each forum has their own audience/supports and are generally more biased towards NC or BC.

IMHO only, each forum ignores allegations and/or facts that do not support their theory of events.

I totally feel for the jurors in this case and I am so glad that I am not being held accountable for a verdict.

It is all sooo very confusing. I look forward to learning more details from both sides of the coin. I just hope that at the end of this trial, that we will all have an "ah ha" moment and feel satisfied that a just verdict was reached.

Guilty? Innocent? I am clueless at this point. I hope the jurors are too until ALL the evidence is presented.

<end of vent> :)

...When I clean our floors on my hands and knees, it is usually to clean a mess. Don't most people use some sort of mop or swiffer-thing when doing routine floor cleaning?
I know we do.

The swiffer thing and mops work fine for routine floor cleaning. But since the house was always so messy, it may have been necessary for him to get down on his hands and knees to get the floor truly clean.

I don't think Brad would kill himself, or his wife (and so goes johnfear's thoughts that all joining are LE)

Have followed this since Nancy went missing...and at the same time, Caylee Anthony. Before you all jump on me, PLEASE...stop with the Laci stuff. It;s not even close. I have followed Laci since 2004 so stop.

I was glad to see many disavow from MT3K this evening, BUT, she is still a registered member...so we really can't go there....I am sure mods are aware.

Being snarky and clever about how Nancy won't ever overspend NOW? I am not sure how folks get away on this forum, that is supposed to be fair,,,,

I am just grateful for posters who have NOT predetermined the guilty verdict. I so look forward to a jury decision and some here have had it locked up since 2008....without a shred of evidence.

It's worrisome.

Well, Barbiejet, I am new here so I want to be careful not to offend anyone. But, I have let it be known that I am waiting for all of the information to be presented before making my decision. For those who have made up your mind before seeing everything, that is certainly your choice. But, don't try to intimidate or insult me or anyone else for not having made up my mind. If I am incorrect on why this site was set up, then it should be changed. I thought this site was designed to objectively analyze evidence and testimony regarding trials and criminal cases. I am neither pro defense or pro prosecution, but rather I am pro justice. Hopefully, justice will prevail.

JTF,

Down on hands & knees to wash the floors vs using a mop or swiffer type tool, does imply serious cleaning. To me it signifies that Brad wanted to make sure nothing was left behind on those floors.

Of course he forgot to make sure he got every piece of hay up since at least 2 (and possibly 3) pieces of haystraw appeared on his front door carpet. I suspect that hay came from him moving around some item (shoes, towel, blanket? or something else) and the hay he transferred from Fielding drive onto whatever item that was, dropped onto that carpet as he continued to move things around between 7/12 and 7/15, when the hay was spotted.

Hello! First time posting. I have only recently developed an interest in this case and have been reading much (but not all) of the info I can find.

Looking at this from a juror's perspective and assuming they had little to no real knowledge of the inside details prior to being seated --- it's all so very confusing and seems to be more of a he said/she said gang mentality.

What am I missing?

I read the "facts" (?) stated in this forum and say to myself, "yes, that makes perfect sense". He must have killed her.

I read the GOLO facts (?) as presented, and say to myself, "no, no REAL evidence to convict".

Of course, I realize that each forum has their own audience/supports and are generally more biased towards NC or BC.

IMHO only, each forum ignores allegations and/or facts that do not support their theory of events.

I totally feel for the jurors in this case and I am so glad that I am not being held accountable for a verdict.

It is all sooo very confusing. I look forward to learning more details from both sides of the coin. I just hope that at the end of this trial, that we will all have an "ah ha" moment and feel satisfied that a just verdict was reached.

Guilty? Innocent? I am clueless at this point. I hope the jurors are too until ALL the evidence is presented.

<end of vent> :)

Well, wuffin, it sounds like we are in a smiliar position although I have followed this case for a while, just not on here. Everyone has their opinions, and that is alright. I think as a juror, you would be seeing and evaluating the evidence first hand and not being filtered through other eyes. I think we bring an objectivity to this case analysis, and that is always a good thing----- Differences of opinions and decision to wait and see it all.

Yea, but he lied when he said he cleaned the house thoroughly when she was on vacation. When she returned, he said was was just mad about not taking the garbage out (he said he did) and he didn't wash the floors. Really? We know Nancy told her buds a completely different story. The house was a pigpen with dirty dishes and bugs. I would think the last thing she would notice were the hardwood floors in the foyer. IMO, he was just setting the stage for why he cleaned the foyer floor on 7-12-08 to mask evidence.

JTF,

Down on hands & knees to wash the floors vs using a mop or swiffer type tool, does imply serious cleaning. To me it signifies that Brad wanted to make sure nothing was left behind on those floors.

Of course he forgot to make sure he got every piece of hay up since at least 2 (and possibly 3) pieces of haystraw appeared on his front door carpet. I suspect that hay came from him moving around some item (shoes, towel, blanket? or something else) and the hay he transferred from Fielding drive onto whatever item that was, dropped onto that carpet as he continued to move things around between 7/12 and 7/15, when the hay was spotted.

How do you know that the pieces of hay or straw (whichever it is) definitely came from the Fielding drive.(which is impossible to do forensically). And hypothetically, if you could point conclusively to Fielding as the source, how can you determine that it was placed there from BC or by one of the LE who didn't take proper precautions when entering the house.

Yea, but he lied when he said he cleaned the house thoroughly when she was on vacation. When she returned, he said was was just mad about not taking the garbage out (he said he did) and he didn't wash the floors. Really? We know Nancy told her buds a completely different story. The house was a pigpen with dirty dishes and bugs. I would think the last thing she would notice were the hardwood floors in the foyer. IMO, he was just setting the stage for why he cleaned the foyer floor on 7-12-08 to mask evidence.

The amount of clutter would not have made one notice the floors themselves--one would notice the amount of stuff strewn about first. Brad specifically washed the *floors.* Cleaning for up to 6 hrs, according to his depo testimony. Floors and laundry (and, apparently every nook 'n cranny of the washer and dryer too, per the CCBI agent who examined the washer/dryer and noted not even a spec of dust on those machines, in contrast to other areas of the house).

And he got rid of the decorative sticks and the decorative ducks in the foyer, but of course he didn't mention that. 6 hrs of cleaning just to be helpful? Yeah, righhhhttt.

JTF,

Monday should be interesting on the hay testimony.
I have the feeling Kurtz will squash that since the detective admitted he didn't wear booties at the crime scene and came to the house first before this patrol officer.

Said as much which one?

I don't have the exact wording but I got the impression from Mr. Kurtz's opening statements that Brad had no idea that there would possibly be any question as to paternity and only found out during the private eye investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member