Brad Cooper Indicted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are good sports. i'm betting on the 4:20 HT trip, but am happy to develop a taste for eating crow with a nice cabernet. which, btw, TJ sells a fabulous bottle of it's reserve Cab for just $9.95 :):). in case any of us will be needing to drink crow, i mean, Cab!!!

hey - we should have cabinet all around once the verdict is in.....a lot of people have a lot of emotions invested in this case - most of us never knew NC or BC, but I think most of us really do have a loving, caring, concern for the little girls - and who wouldn't want justice for nancy?

so wine for all, bites of crow for some, friendship for all and on to the next trial for die-hard true crime followers. you can bet - on some case or another, most of us will agree or disagree

I seem to recall $800,000 ? He put his house up and walked.
Don't look for Judge Stephens to be so easy. All alone , Brad is definitely a flight risk.

Thanks for responding jtf. Will you be in Court tomorrow?

hey - we should have cabinet all around once the verdict is in.....a lot of people have a lot of emotions invested in this case - most of us never knew NC or BC, but I think most of us really do have a loving, caring, concern for the little girls - and who wouldn't want justice for nancy?

so wine for all, bites of crow for some, friendship for all and on to the next trial for die-hard true crime followers. you can bet - on some case or another, most of us will agree or disagree
So where do you suggest we get together for this? :crazy:

Someone mentioned he is a flight risk. I assume his passport would be taken so that he could not leave the country and go to Canada. He cannot go to Canada nor is he a US Citizen - man with no country.

Canada does not support the death penalty and technically he is still a Canadian. I know Mexico raises holy hell when we execute Mexican Nationals in Huntsville TX and it creates diplomacy issues. So I doubt they will seek the DP because of our relationship with Canada.

Also, I have also heard of cases where the DP was not an option because the accused had children. I know that sounds strange but maybe one day - the girls would like to visit their father in Central Prison IF he is convicted. Maybe to ask him WHY...

If he is convicted....will the girls get the life insurance money? Or does a murder conviction mean they do not pay out?

They should receive Social Security Survivors Benefits at least to help KL with the expenses.

If he is convicted....will the girls get the life insurance money? Or does a murder conviction mean they do not pay out?

They should receive Social Security Survivors Benefits at least to help KL with the expenses.

The little girls will get the life policy as secondary beneficiaries.
It will be set up in a trust.

Gotta catch a plane to Atlanta, otherwise i'd there at 2 pm.

Doesn't it just suck how real life intrudes during the most inopportune times? BTW, can you please contact RC and tell him to get his behind to the boards, stat?

IF he did it - I'd rather see him get LWOP so he has plenty of uninterrupted time to reflect over his past actions.

I think Brad's 2 little girls could save him from the DP. The Rentz sound like such great people and they may even support LWOP because of the girls. I'm not so sure about KL. Just a thought.

Nooo, I must have missed it. I did read a post of hers ages ago though. I'm kinda like you today mom - Mondays & Fridays are my busiest workdays! Something always happens when I'm at work.

By the way, here's what they have to say in The Edmonton Journal

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/index.html
my post from 10/2...

Back in August I posted a question. Unexpecting, I got a response from RKAB thru a pm many days later. This was our only communication with the exception of today when I asked her permission to post a portion of her response. With respect to RKAB I will post only the portions she agreed to. Hopefully this can give us a little more insight to BC from someone who knows and has experienced it.

I definately don't think he slept on it. IMO, he went home and grumbled and festered about it and was really really angry when she got home. It would probably start with him making snide comments that, if they were already in "hate" mode, she was probably defensive in her speech back to him (and I would be). I think at that point, with her (in his view) defiance of him.

He would have been absolutely LIVID at being corrected in front of other people at the BBQ. They were probably already on edge if they had been fighting earlier in the day and anything at all that was coming out of her mouth, he was getting more and more agitated by it. He would be storing each and every word in the little backpack in his mind to bring out later to use against her. He wouldn't say anything at the time of the BBQ but later on, he would regurgitate all of it and start a fight. That was his way. Sulk and pout and then when a fight does start, typically with his little snarky comments, he rolls out everything that he's been holding in.

I understand he went in the front and had the lady at the LTF desk swipe his card. He then proceeded to ask for NC card to be swiped since she was in the car on her cell phone and was pressing time. It would help her out so she wouldn't have to stop at the desk.

This is all I know about it...I don't know if he proceeded to go in, got the card swiped or left.

IMO trying to place an alibi...
What does LTF stand for?
TIA.

Very glad to hear the news today and feel that North Carolina is very cautious in presenting to the GJ. Otherwise, JY would have been indicted by now. I cannot wait to hear the evidence and feel it will be even more than we have speculated on.

one down two to go, now we need resolution for michelle young and for kelly morris. and for kelly to be found.

I think Brad's 2 little girls could save him from the DP. The Rentz sound like such great people and they may even support LWOP because of the girls. I'm not so sure about KL. Just a thought.

I'm all in favor of LWOP.....death is too easy. Let the SOB spend the rest of his life suffering for what he did to Nancy and those precious little girls who will never see their Mommy again. He should look fine in Central with lipstick and eyeliner for his "husband".....or better yet maybe they'll share him.

Thank God he is in jail....I knew it was a matter of time, but it still took my breath away just watching him on the news.

As I've said many times....thank God Bella and Katie are in Canada!

one down two to go, now we need resolution for michelle young and for kelly morris. and for kelly to be found.

Don't forget Janet Abaroa........Raven knows what he did to his wife and baby. I don't understand why he's still out of jail!

:mad:

JMHO
fran

I'm all in favor of LWOP.....death is too easy. Let the SOB spend the rest of his life suffering for what he did to Nancy and those precious little girls who will never see their Mommy again. He should look fine in Central with lipstick and eyeliner for his "husband".....or better yet maybe they'll share him.

Thank God he is in jail....I knew it was a matter of time, but it still took my breath away just watching him on the news.

As I've said many times....thank God Bella and Katie are in Canada!

IMHO, I don't think it matters on DP or LWOP either. As long as he's paying for his crime, forever!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Just think: tonight he is spending his first night ever in jail...the first of many, many nights. Could he have had any idea that an indictment was soon coming down? Any hints at all? Think his lawyers were caught off guard?
16blmr7.jpg

Someone mentioned he is a flight risk. I assume his passport would be taken so that he could not leave the country and go to Canada. He cannot go to Canada nor is he a US Citizen - man with no country. So true. It was discussed earlier -- apparently even when you apply for US citizenship there's a period of a year when you can't return to Canada. He'd be in this period right now, I think.

Canada does not support the death penalty and technically he is still a Canadian. I know Mexico raises holy hell when we execute Mexican Nationals in Huntsville TX and it creates diplomacy issues. So I doubt they will seek the DP because of our relationship with Canada.I was wondering about this in an earlier post. I think you've answered it for me.Makes sense.

Also, I have also heard of cases where the DP was not an option because the accused had children. I know that sounds strange but maybe one day - the girls would like to visit their father in Central Prison IF he is convicted. Maybe to ask him WHY...

I think your last point is very possible, as I mentioned this before reading your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm