Brad Cooper Indicted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confidant that BC did not do this one.

LOL - you're right,I 'm sure Brad didn't. Besides. I think Brad is more of a wine drinker than a Budweiser drinker. :blowkiss:

Seriously it just scares me to death - I have a 19 year old daughter in college. This kinds of stuff does NOT make it easy to be a mom to a friendly, social, very pretty 19 year old. TRUST ME!!!!

I see that - $ 95 per hour and the state will not pay for prior attorney fees. Interesting.

His attorney did say it was a 'technical thing.' Just as I thought, techical = $$

You'd think BC would have second thoughts on who's going to represent him in his MURDER TRIAL. I mean, K&B didn't work out so well on the child custody thing. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Danke! They updated that article and I hadn't refreshed the page since they updated. Okie dokie..."too technical" eh? I think I get it; how 'bout you? I think he still trusts K&B...it was Sandlin & Davidian who represented him on the custody case, technically-speaking. :wink:

I see that - $ 95 per hour and the state will not pay for prior attorney fees. Interesting.
To think how K&B went chasing everyone with subpoena's which had NOTHING to do with the custody issue. Billed hours!
Wonder where Blum is :confused:
Do you think it is a coincidence he got Kurtz because Kurtz's # was up for court appointed client or Kurtz knew this so he would get paid?

NCSU95 ! We AGREE!!

I would like to know just where the kidnapping took place. This is just horrible.

Star, the article on this case says the addy and it's like 2 mi from us. :eek: That said, I don't think it's a random crime--whoever took that 19 yr old knows her or has at least seen her before.

To think how K&B went chasing everyone with subpoena's which had NOTHING to do with the custody issue. Billed hours!
Wonder where Blum is :confused:
Do you think it is a coincidence he got Kurtz because Kurtz's # was up for court appointed client or Kurtz knew this so he would get paid?

Nope - I think Kurtz is on the list - seems NC uses private attorneys at a state rate probably because they do not have enough staff on the state rolls to manage it. Blum is not death qualified but that should not preclude him from being second chair. Seems as though this is an economical move more than anything else - Kurtz is already aware of the case and should be up to speed whereas another lawyer would be billing hours to get up to speed - seems to make sense to me.

Now do you see why I was so nervous about those billable hours piling up? They should have forgone the custody issue altogether and saved it all for the criminal case. Of course they had no idea an indictment would come down so quickly...probably figured they had at least a year if longer. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Think Willoughby will go for the DP? Yes or no? And why?

I would hope he'd go for LWOP. After all, it would make Canada angry that we were again going for the DP of one of their citizens. (the last one I can find is '99 in Texas, could be wrong though) It also costs more to try a DP case.

Besides, these guys hate spending the rest of their life in jail. I think it'd serve him right. Suffer for years and years and years.:mad:

JMHO
fran

I think they'll go for it too, if only to use it to try and negotiate a guilty 1st degree plea in exchange for LWOP and no DP.

In order to make a plea deal, Brad would have to admit to guilt, imo. I don't believe he'll ever say he did it.

Course, I could be wrong.:waitasec:

JMHO
fran

I think they'll go for it too, if only to use it to try and negotiate a guilty 1st degree plea in exchange for LWOP and no DP.

SG - for some reason I just don't see it in Brad to agree, that would require he admit that he murdered Nancy and he would have no good reason for doing so. Don't see it. For the NC tax payers - hope so but I have doubts he will admit this.

SG - for some reason I just don't see it in Brad to agree, that would require he admit that he murdered Nancy and he would have no good reason for doing so. Don't see it. For the NC tax payers - hope so but I have doubts he will admit this.
I don't see him doing this either, but who knows what things will look like for him...or perhaps the state would let him plead to a 2nd degree charge instead? I hope they don't, but look what they did in the Ann Miller case, and that was as premeditated as they come.

SG, RC and Fran I agree - Brad is too arrogant and bull headed to ever admit his guilt. If DA does threaten him with the DP I think ole Brad boy would be cocky enough to challenge it. "Bring it on" kind of attitude. But a few months in jail MAY change his entire attitude once he gets a few boyfriends and a few arse kickin's. We might see a whole other Brad emerge in the coming months of hearings and motions.

Well, that's just interesting. At least HK knows the salient points of the case, so a new attorney would be more of a drain to get up to speed at $95 per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972