Brad Cooper Indicted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justthinking,

Thanks for clarifing. Apparently, I was reading too quickly. I got it now. :)

The reason you are a proponent is the reason I am an opponent. Kate and Bella's mother's last name was Cooper and theirs should be as well, it is their identity and no one deserves to have their identity taken away. I agree KL and JL will keep NC's memory alive for the girls, but BC's family is just as important, regardless of his status as the killer or not. It will be a long time before Katie and Bella fully understand what has happened, if at that time they choose to be adopted by KL and JL that is fine, let it be their decision, I think in this case this request is reasonable. I realize some adoptions work fine, but the majority of adoptions have issues, I fear in this case that BC will be vilified by KL to the point the children will never see him again. I realize that if he killed their mother he vilified himself, but that being the case I do not think he needs any help to look worse. The Cooper family is going to want to see these children as well, adoption will nullify their rights, unfortunately I see an ugly situation arising in the future regarding custody if BC is convicted, the Cooper's are going to protest unfair treatment for custody being given to NC's family when the girls are equally related to BC's family. As I and many others have stated earlier, there are no winners here, but the biggest losers are going to be Katie and Bella.

From all I've read and heard with regard to BC's family, they appear disfunctional and BC's mother caused NC great pain with her insults and cruel behaviors. They live in Canada and I'm sure if they expressed sincere desire to visit the girls NC's family would not deny them -- don't see it happening though.

Additionally, after all this, I believe the girls should be adopted and have their names changed to "Lister". Their mom was trying to get rid of the name and the man attached to it.

That's interesting...he cleaned out the side of the garage corresponding to the side he parked his car in the driveway. hmmmmmm.
Remember the broken/missing bolt on his license tag? This one has me really :waitasec:, since I had never seen this before. Just any other time, but when the timing is when his wife has been murdered and he used his trunk.

"Additionally, after all this, I believe the girls should be adopted and have their names changed to "Lister". Their mom was trying to get rid of the name and the man attached to it. "

Thanks Maja..........my feelings exactly. I will always contend the girls will benefit from being adopted.

Thank God they are with the Listers......and not the Cooper family!

From all I've read and heard with regard to BC's family, they appear disfunctional and BC's mother caused NC great pain with her insults and cruel behaviors. They live in Canada and I'm sure if they expressed sincere desire to visit the girls NC's family would not deny them -- don't see it happening though.

Additionally, after all this, I believe the girls should be adopted and have their names changed to "Lister". Their mom was trying to get rid of the name and the man attached to it.
They sat in court the entire day during the custody hearing. Don't you think they would testify, at least one of them, on behalf of BC? Not 1 family member? Why?

I will admit I had a sinking feeling with BC dad, he looked so lost and helpless. He would look at me when he would exit and I truely felt sorry for him. His mom I felt different, maybe because of the affidavits I had read about her or my seeing her at HT. IDK why?

Remember the broken/missing bolt on his license tag? This one has me really :waitasec:, since I had never seen this before. Just any other time, but when the timing is when his wife has been murdered and he used his trunk.

Yes I do remember you noticing it during the search for Nancy and wondering what it could mean and if it was tied at all to the crime.

I think maybe a new thread to discuss open issues/evidence might be useful...I'll go start one.

From all I've read and heard with regard to BC's family, they appear dysfunctional and BC's mother caused NC great pain with her insults and cruel behaviors. They live in Canada and I'm sure if they expressed sincere desire to visit the girls NC's family would not deny them -- don't see it happening though.

Wow, do you know the Coopers or the Listers, calling someone dysfunctional without any real proof is bold. True NC did not like her MIL, well she can join the crowd of thousands that do not like their in-laws, all of the information regarding the in-laws is pure hearsay. If KL is the person some of you say she is, she will not consider adoption out of respect for her sister, plus regardless of guilt BC will have to agree to it and I doubt he will. Still believe the girls should be allowed to choose when they are old enough to understand what is happening. What if the adoption proceeds and the girls are angry that NC name is gone from their birth certificates and they have no legal way to prove she was their mom, you never know, they just might need to prove it one day. Of course they will know who mom and dad are, but legally they will no longer be related to BC and NC will become their Aunt.

IMHO, I don't think it matters on DP or LWOP either. As long as he's paying for his crime, forever!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Even if it is DP...from what I've seen, one can sit on death row for years and years ... the last guy sat there for 22 years.

So, the girls could be in their 20s. I'm sure, despite the situation, would be extremely difficult for them at that time.

Wonder if BC will admit and tell the truth? I kept thinking he was going to take his own life.

"Additionally, after all this, I believe the girls should be adopted and have their names changed to "Lister". Their mom was trying to get rid of the name and the man attached to it. "

Thanks Maja..........my feelings exactly. I will always contend the girls will benefit from being adopted.

Now you are going to vilify the entire Cooper family, that is seriously wrong IMO:furious:

When David Westerfield was convicted of 1st degree murder and sentenced to death for the murder of 7 yr old Danielle Van Dam, he recommended to his 2 kids (they were 17 and 20 yrs old) that they should change their last names and they did. He and their mother had been divorced for several years but they had his last name and yes, they each changed it.

So it's okay to bash BC's mom, but it's not okay for people to question KL's motives? I think we are all in agreement that BC's mom had nothing to do with NCs murder. They are also her grandkids, and I'm sure she loves them tremendously.

Their last name as Cooper will carry a stigma. It will always be with them, even though it is NOT their fault. This is sad, but true.

I feel IF NC had a will and stated her feelings on this, do it with no 2nd thought.

IIRC, BC told her and the girl's to get out and never wanted to see them again, and felt this way until the end of April? IMO he truely felt this way, then only to realize what it was going to cost him. This statement wasn't said 1 night only to sleep on it and tell NC the next day he didn't mean it..he meant it. He even helped get the house prepared to sell so she could GET OUT!

IMO if BC get convicted the last name needs to be removed immediately and their new identity begins.

They sat in court the entire day during the custody hearing. Don't you think they would testify, at least one of them, on behalf of BC? Not 1 family member? Why?

I will admit I had a sinking feeling with BC dad, he looked so lost and helpless. He would look at me when he would exit and I truely felt sorry for him. His mom I felt different, maybe because of the affidavits I had read about her or my seeing her at HT. IDK why?

Maybe this was the decision of BC and his attorney.

Now you are going to vilify the entire Cooper family, that is seriously wrong IMO:furious:

I don't see it as vilifying as much as considering all the info presented to date on each family, it makes me thankful the girls are where they are.

You are right when you mentioned hearsay; sometimes though hearsay is the real-deal.

I wonder what the reason is for BC's mom not taking the stand on behalf of her son? Wonder if she expressed desire or was advised otherwise?

Justthinking -

It is highly likely that Krista and the Rentz's were being kept in the loop regarding the investigation. They likely know more about the evidence than we do and also most likely knew an indictment / arrest was coming. I figured this was the case when they let them all return to Canada with the children.

The more they knew, (evidence) the more that it confirmed her suspicions, and the less likely she would want to be to place those children in danger. And if he killed their mother, I believe that they could be in danger - esp if things got desperate for Brad.

It appeared that they complied with the court order, but did not go out of their way for more. I can fully support that. Krista probably felt that she could not / did not protect Nancy and she decided she sure as he11 was going to protect those girls.

I am glad that the criminal matter of this case is progressing, so that there does not need to be any more stress / worry that the children could be placed back in the hands of a suspected murderer.

nicely said

When David Westerfield was convicted of 1st degree murder and sentenced to death for the murder of 7 yr old Danielle Van Dam, he recommended to his 2 kids (they were 17 and 20 yrs old) that they should change their last names and they did. He and their mother had been divorced for several years but they had his last name and yes, they each changed it.

They were old enough to decide. There is nothing wrong with the Cooper name in Canada this line of thought is horribly unfair to BC's family, they are innocent victims here as well. The whole attitude toward the Cooper family is execrable, unbelievable.

I have 2 sons and cannot imagine being thrown out of my grandchildren's life for any reason. I would fight like h*11 to keep my gkids in my life, and expect the Cooper's are going to do the same.:mad:

i'd be certain that brad's attorneys made a conscious choice not to put brad or his family members on the stand.
Not having the living parent or paternal gp's take the stand for the a custody hearing IMO speaks volumes.
In my eyes it showed cool behavior more than a warm loving one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum