Brad Cooper Indicted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugs to you, Mom! :blowkiss: You still have my support. :) Nice to be back and appreciated.
I know you have to be thrilled to see this arrest take place quicker than most have in Wake County. I know I am.

I am disgusted everytime I run into him or see him out and about getting to chose what he wants to do each day, while NC never had another choice to make on her own.

HE MADE IT FOR HER!

I know you have to be thrilled to see this arrest take place quicker than most have in Wake County. I know I am.

I am disgusted everytime I run into him or see him out and about getting to chose what he wants to do each day, while NC never had another choice to make on her own.

HE MADE IT FOR HER!

How wonderful to see the wheels of justice starting to turn in this case...seeing his picture in the orange and white jumpsuit has me wondering if Brad will be placed on a "suicide watch"...seems to be one of his MO's.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Deluxe with Judge (lol) Ito greeting celebrities in the "Cloaking Room" where the county had set up for the infamous on-and-off of the proverbial robe.

That case is something America probably needed to see. I don't know. For every bit of 'goods' (blood evidence, cut finger, golf balls?) there was, in my opinion, reasonable doubt or plausible deniability pursuant to the findings.

However, and I do agree with ncsu95 about the trial, blown case, and the horrendous job Marcia Clark and her co-horts did on the case and on the District Attorney's office. Notwithstanding the $6 million dollar "advance" paid to her for her crappy book. Chris Darden as well....he sucked!

ncsu95--the reason why the civil trial was so quick, efficient, and effective was that the attorney's for the plaintiff (Goldman's and Brown's) were able to use a 'mountain of evidence' not allowed in the criminal trial.

Bruno Magali shoes. Hmmm, given the Baysian theory alone would have convicted him in criminal court. Personally however, I feel reemed!

I was hoping for a fair trial, that's all. I believe that O.J. received one and then again! I believe for certain that the 'Dream Team' received far more leeway from the Court than did the prosecutors. However I also believe that he was "presumed guilty" predicated upon the timed leaks through our ever (irr)esponsible press.

Ad Infinitum...rather than put a jury to sleep with weeks of dna tutoring, if they'd focused on getting the photos of him actually wearing those shoes they'd convicted him. Amen.

Yep. I think lawyers learned a lot about what not to do with DNA evidence from that trial. Jurors don't need to know the details on how DNA is determined...they just needed to know that it was mathematically impossible for it to belong to someone else. And the shoes....I do wonder if the jury would have still let him go. Although the prosecutors completely mangled the trial, there was a certain amount of jury nullification in my opinion.

When will the defense have the opportunity to request a change of venue (or was today the day to do so)? Anyone think it would be a reasonable request for the defense to make?

When will the defense have the opportunity to request a change of venue (or was today the day to do so)? Anyone think it would be a reasonable request for the defense to make?

This won't come for a while. Most likely shortly before a trial date is established, probably after the first of the year at the earliest. I'm pretty sure it will be asked for, standard procedure, but I am not certain it will be granted.

How wonderful to see the wheels of justice starting to turn in this case...seeing his picture in the orange and white jumpsuit has me wondering if Brad will be placed on a "suicide watch"...seems to be one of his MO's.
I heard he is in a private cell so he can meet with his attorney.

Suicide watch? I haven't heard that he is. IMO, if he is suicidal he did it to himself for the crime he commited.

As my mom always told me, "you made your bed now you lie in it."

People who have to wait for evidence to hit them in the face amaze me and also frustrate me to no end. This isn't a court of law and I don't have to wait until a trial before I can see what is as plain as the nose on my face. I don't have to presume his innocence. It is my opinion that he is as guilty as sin of killing Nancy and dumping her body. His story never added up. He had motive. He had opportunity. I believe in the end you will find DNA and other evidence which will link him to her at the time of her death. They do not arrest without viable evidence and in this case...I am certain they didn't.

So either some of us just aren't as smart as you...or maybe we just think differently. I have an electrical engineering degree. I problem solve for a living. I love math and did just okay in English etc. It's because with math, there is a definitive answer. If the answer is 27.9834, then that's the answer. 29 isn't the answer. 27.124 isn't the answer. I worked the problem until I got that exact answer. I couldn't stand English because grading was subjective. I knew I was going to get a B no matter how much I tried. I didn't understand why I got the B, but I was going to get one. Does that make sense? I look at what has been made public in this case, and I can't work the puzzle out that makes him guilty. He might very well be guilty, but I can't get to that conclusion yet. You can look at little inconsistencies or relationships and come to the conclusion without any problems. I can't do that. I need to see evidence that that conclusively brings me to that point, and that hasn't been shared yet.

I've served on a Wake County grand jury. What a joke!! You only hear one side of the evidence, few, if any of the jurors, want to be there (you have to serve for like 6 mos.), so the questions to LE are rare and brief (to limit the time there). If we didn't return a true bill, the asst. DA would then come in and 'scold us'. All the LE testimony sounded exasctly the same - prepared from the same text book or seminar. I left there feeling we were powerless, and just a necessary evil in the eye of prosecutors mandated by the Constitution. Maybe a century ago it served a meaningful purpose, but like I said - if we didn't play the way they wanted us to, we were talked to sternly and the case was resubmitted.

I've served on a Wake County grand jury. What a joke!! You only hear one side of the evidence, few, if any of the jurors, want to be there (you have to serve for like 6 mos.), so the questions to LE are rare and brief (to limit the time there). If we didn't return a true bill, the asst. DA would then come in and 'scold us'. All the LE testimony sounded exasctly the same - prepared from the same text book or seminar. I left there feeling we were powerless, and just a necessary evil in the eye of prosecutors mandated by the Constitution. Maybe a century ago it served a meaningful purpose, but like I said - if we didn't play the way they wanted us to, we were talked to sternly and the case was resubmitted.

Have always heard it said that one could indict a ham sandwich. :) From the outside looking in- I don't know why NC has a grand jury system - it does seem rather useless.

I heard he is in a private cell so he can meet with his attorney.

Suicide watch? I haven't heard that he is. IMO, if he is suicidal he did it to himself for the crime he commited.

As my mom always told me, "you made your bed now you lie in it."

I remember that early on in the affadavit phase that NC had told friends or family that Brad had threatened suicide last year. I was wondering if his narccisistic self can handle the reality of his situation...out of cash and out of luck and rapidly losing his defenders.
He thought he was so clever but he never counted on the loyalty of NC's friend JA to alert the police....the wheels of justice may seem to grind slow, but they do grind fine!

I've served on a Wake County grand jury. What a joke!! You only hear one side of the evidence
Frankly I'm shocked that you are unaware that the whole purpose of a Grand Jury is to decide whether accusing a person of a major crime is appropriate after reviewing evidence by one side only: the prosecution, and that the grand jury makes no other determination, does not determine guilt or innocence of an accused, and does not hear both sides of a legal argument (which is done only in a criminal trial). I can't imagine that someone could serve on a Grand Jury and not know this is the basic structure of the whole system (whether one feels it's a good system or not).

So either some of us just aren't as smart as you...or maybe we just think differently. I have an electrical engineering degree. I problem solve for a living. I love math and did just okay in English etc. It's because with math, there is a definitive answer. If the answer is 27.9834, then that's the answer. 29 isn't the answer. 27.124 isn't the answer. I worked the problem until I got that exact answer. I couldn't stand English because grading was subjective. I knew I was going to get a B no matter how much I tried. I didn't understand why I got the B, but I was going to get one. Does that make sense? I look at what has been made public in this case, and I can't work the puzzle out that makes him guilty. He might very well be guilty, but I can't get to that conclusion yet. You can look at little inconsistencies or relationships and come to the conclusion without any problems. I can't do that. I need to see evidence that that conclusively brings me to that point, and that hasn't been shared yet.
This isn't math. The case will have 12 jurors, that is the only math needed to count to 12 to get a guilty verdict. These jurors will have to use some subjective reasoning as well as facts applied to reach a verdict. They need to use their common sense and see through the smoke screen that will be billowing up in front of them, like it so often does in cases like this. This is why there are many times a hung jury, the innocent might get sent to jail and the GUILTY are freed!

So I disagree, subjective will certainly be used in this case. Who else is going to connect the dots for them?

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: SG, few on this site can match your intelligence, your insight, your thoughtfulness and your fairness. I humbly agree with all of the above. Thank you for stating my exact feelings so very well.

RD

Thanks so much; that's very kind of you. :blowkiss:

I'm surprised about that CD! Thanks for sharing!

We could ask for a witness from either side, but then we'd have to sit there until that person was found and brought in. And we never saw or heard any evidence. It was all very coached 'cop speak', verbal only, no visual aids. If our role was to only determine whether accusing a person of a major crime was appropiate, then what's the point?? They could come in there and say whatever they wanted to in their 'cop speak' jargon without ever having to back it up with actual evidence, and no court reporter to record what they said, in case it was misleading. So.....IMO......worthless waste of time.

I remember that early on in the affadavit phase that NC had told friends or family that Brad had threatened suicide last year. I was wondering if his narccisistic self can handle the reality of his situation...out of cash and out of luck and rapidly losing his defenders.
He thought he was so clever but he never counted on the loyalty of NC's friend JA to alert the police....the wheels of justice may seem to grind slow, but they do grind fine!
Mr Rentz testified he never heard it said by BC. Jill didn't testify and she was the one present when NC spoke about it in front of BC. So I really don't know how the conversation was handled or really worded.

If he is suicidal, oh well. He is an adult who has to make this choice. I have absolutely NO sympathy towards a murderer. Never have, never will.

We could ask for a witness from either side, but then we'd have to sit there until that person was found and brought in. And we never saw or heard any evidence. It was all very coached 'cop speak', verbal only, no visual aids. If our role was to only determine whether accusing a person of a major crime was appropiate, then what's the point?? They could come in there and say whatever they wanted to in their 'cop speak' jargon without ever having to back it up with actual evidence, and no court reporter to record what they said, in case it was misleading. So.....IMO......worthless waste of time.

So what was presented to you, verbally, was not considered evidence and you never heard evidence at any point you served as a Grand Juror? If they had taken some of those words (that were not considered evidence) and placed them in some sort of visual display/visual aid, why would that have been considered evidence? What do you consider "actual evidence?" What is "cop speak?" And a Grand Jury (in NC) never says 'no' to a requested indictment?

ETA: I'm not trying to be rude, I'm really interested in what happens in there!!

This isn't math. The case will have 12 jurors, that is the only math needed to count to 12 to get a guilty verdict. These jurors will have to use some subjective reasoning as well as facts applied to reach a verdict. They need to use their common sense and see through the smoke screen that will be billowing up in front of them, like it so often does in cases like this. This is why there are many times a hung jury, the innocent might get sent to jail and the GUILTY are freed!

So I disagree, subjective will certainly be used in this case. Who else is going to connect the dots for them?

Mom - there is some math to this case. For instance:

1 SW served on BC's home ----- 0 SW served on anyone else's home

1 SW served on BC's employer --- 0 SW served on anyone else's employer

1 SW to search BC's computers----- 0 SW served to search anyone else's computers

1 True Bill issued against BC ------ 0 True Bills issued against any one else

1 Arrest Warrant for BC ---- 0 Arrest warrants for anyone else.

Better than three strikes.:crazy:

Point is, they could say whatever they wanted, with or without merit, and we had to take them on their word, and that's it. Ask Alan Gell, or any of the other dozens of North Carolinians who have been released recently, not only because of wrongful prosecution, but because they were actually INNOCENT. What did the LE present to the GJ as evidence to get their true bills?? Whatever it was, it wasn't the truth. It happens. Innocent people are pulled every day because they are of a certain national heritage or fit a certain profile. Sure, Gell turned out to be a creep anyway, and probably many others released are just as guilty because of their associations, but all they had to say was - "Nancy Cooper was murdered. In my professional opinion (list experiences here) Bradley G. Cooper .....cop, speak, cop speak...." without providing any lab results, other testimony whatsoever. The ball's in their court, and they play make it, take it, all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico