Brad Cooper Pleads Guilty to 2nd Degree Murder of Nancy Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've heard from or about 2 ex's, 1 who posted on ws, and 2 ex roommates, 1 who posted on ws. All interesting insights into their experiences and thoughts, which I know was appreciated by many members.

Yes, and as you know the ex-fiancée posted on facebook today, her first public comment ever. Among other things she posted that Brad was a sociopath based in her own experiences with him.

We've heard from or about 2 ex's, 1 who posted on ws, and 2 ex roommates, 1 who posted on ws. All interesting insights into their experiences and thoughts, which I know was appreciated by many members.

Keyword--ex

LOL, the fact that the person you talked to said he believed Brad did it before the trial even started says everything we need to know about him and the second person's comments are meaningless as well. Did he watch every minute of the trial?

There is plenty of support for Brad from people who know him.

Perhaps then you can explain to me why Brad named him as a childhood friend while in a deposition and under oath?

Yes, and as you know the ex-fiancée posted on facebook today, her first public comment ever. Among other things she posted that Brad was a sociopath based in her own experiences with him.

Eloquent and powerful. She went through some kind of hell with him and thank goodness she got away, as did RKAB.

I could have sworn I saw her post something about it before.

I guess all of you who think Brad is guilty would have said he did not murder Nancy if he would have been found not guilty, right?

LOL, and now I am done with this case as well.

Brad said he killed his wife.

Brad had several people from his life in prior years who gave insight into their own dealings with him over the past few years as this case trudged along. One gave a legal affidavit after hearing him lie in his depo and was prepared to testify under oath if called.

It appears anyone who knows Brad but doesn't support belief in Brad being an innocent railroaded martyr is considered a liar. The canonization of the railroaded martyr who did nothing wrong, even though he admitted he killed his wife, proceeds.

What a relief. As if Nancy had other people who ever wanted her dead, or just happened to be a random crime victim. So relieved he finally admitted it, even if it was for selfish reasons, Imo, as he was afraid of LwOP with another trial. At least Nancy's parents finally gets to have acknowledgement from him, that yes, he murdered their daughter. I hope his years in prison are rough ones.

Jmo

I have continued to follow this quietly. This will likely be my last post. I have always appreciated everyone's opinions and thoughts throughout as the case progressed.

There are people who are going to believe that Brad is innocent...some of his family, some people who knew him from school or work don't feel that he could have done this. There are always going to be people who feel he was railroaded and the trial was fixed/unfair/rigged or whatever other term there is available for a conspiracy.

There will be others who know/knew Brad personally, not just by what we've read on the internet or seen on tv. From our knowledge and history as well as our understanding of what occurred in this case we have reached our conclusion as to whether we feel he was capable of murder.

No matter which side someone's opinion falls on, in the end, Nancy is gone and two little girls will never know the relationship with their natural mother that they should have. I'm certain that Krista and Jim will always provide all that they can for those girls and have supported those girls through a tragedy that no family should have to endure. I hope the guilty plea today provides peace for the Rentz family and some closure.

I believe that Brad gambled with his not guilty plea when this first went to trial because he was so overconfident that he would get away with it. He lost on that gamble. He knew that this plea deal was his only hope of ever getting out. I am on the fence as to whether it was selfish of him to sign away his parental rights or if it was unselfish so that the girls and the families can move forward without his interference. Later in life, the girls may opt to form a relationship with him, who knows.

Ex's are ex's for a reason. Relationships breakdown for many reasons and domestic violence can affect someone you would never expect it to. It can start in young couples or old couples, no one is immune. Be kind to all and watch for signs. If someone is in trouble or you suspect that they are, don't let it be the elephant in the room...help them to get out safely. I'm sure a lot of people have regrets in not seeing the seriousness of what Nancy was in but could have/should haves won't bring her back.

I wish peace for all families affected by this. Time will help heal but she will never be forgotten.

Some additional thoughts I had.

I feel thankful for the Canadian folks who shared their personal insights about Brad with us over the years. That was a view that was unique and unavailable anywhere else. RKAB, Calgary123, CentralAlberta thank you joining in along the way and sharing what you did.

I'm glad his ex-fiance escaped and got away from him. It's too bad Nancy didn't make it out in time. I'm sure all his living ex's must be feeling glad he is well and truly in their past.

Thank you, Madeleine 74. A beautiful person was taken from us to a better place. Hopefully, one day she will be reunited with her little darlings.

As for those who wonder why Brad would accept this plea deal . . . Every time you think of that, remember if not for the Rentz's grace and forgiveness he wouldn't have had the offer.

Thank you, Madeleine 74. A beautiful person was taken from us to a better place. Hopefully, one day she will be reunited with her little darlings.

As for those who wonder why Brad would accept this plea deal . . . Every time you think of that, remember if not for the Rentz's grace and forgiveness he wouldn't have had the offer.

Was the plea deal only possible because the victim's family agreed with it?

I just finished watching the recording. Does anyone know what was discussed at the bench when Brad was asked point blank (and I'm paraphrasing): "did you indeed kill Nancy Cooper and dump her body on Fielding Dr?"

He's pleading guilty - why did he have reservations about answering "Yes" to that question? What was the debate at the bench? The attorney in me (I'm not one) was fascinated with that little part of the proceeding.

:wave:See you on Arias, JF, if not before! :daisy:
Is there a real date on Arias?
:peace:

Hi Borndem,
OT. I believe it's still on next week, but there have been so many delays and stall tactics, its ridic.....I am interested in seeing Juan in action again, a prosecutor who does not need notes, does not lose his train of thought, stays focused and gets the job done.Jodi , although a legend in her own mind, will once again regret trying to outsmart the man who took her down once and will again.
See you there. :peace: back at ya!
:

I don't think I'll be following the retry of the penalty phase. It's going to be a rehash of part of the trial. Been there, saw that. Arias is deadly dull. I'll tune in for the result, which I predict will be LWOP.

I won't be watching the whole thang either. On a dull rainy day with no other trials/cases to watch, I might tune in. The AZ procedure to essentially re-try the case (if it is done like the first one -- and it would have to be since it's a brand new jury), especially with the hours actually spent on the trial (short weeks and short hours) will take quite a while. It's a mystery to me why they do it that way -- lots of expense, but whatever, I guess it works for them. I do not want to look at Arias that long, and I don't want to hear all the horror of what she did, again. I'll look to MSM to tell me. LWOP is a "safe" sentence for the jury, so that is very well what she may get, but I'd love to have her deal with the DP, even though some of us retired folks may not live long enuff to see it... I don't care, really -- I just want her sorry rear end, and the rest of her lying, cruel self, to rot in an AZ jail for the rest of her life, and have her leave there in a box. Grrrrrr.

ETA: Thanks, Mad, for all your informative posts on this thread. I know how much you care about the Rentz family, and you have paid them good honor on this board with many of your remarks. I hope each one of them had a well-earned good and undisturbed sleep last night, and I hope they all woke up feeling happier and looking ahead with fewer worries than they have had in a long, long time. God bless them every one.

And Bradley Graham Cooper is back in the :jail: slammer :behindbar again.:D

Relationships breakdown for many reasons and domestic violence can affect someone you would never expect it to. It can start in young couples or old couples, no one is immune. Be kind to all and watch for signs. If someone is in trouble or you suspect that they are, don't let it be the elephant in the room...help them to get out safely. I'm sure a lot of people have regrets in not seeing the seriousness of what Nancy was in but could have/should haves won't bring her back.

I wish peace for all families affected by this. Time will help heal but she will never be forgotten.

respectfully snipped by me.

BRAVO. your words are courageous and go to the heart of the matter. Not being silent, breaking the stigma, and healing. Wonderful to hear this. Hugs to you and yours. Heck, hugs to everyone. Whether we agree or not.

I just finished watching the recording. Does anyone know what was discussed at the bench when Brad was asked point blank (and I'm paraphrasing): "did you indeed kill Nancy Cooper and dump her body on Fielding Dr?"

He's pleading guilty - why did he have reservations about answering "Yes" to that question? What was the debate at the bench? The attorney in me (I'm not one) was fascinated with that little part of the proceeding.

Probably something along the lines of he has to answer all the questions in order to go forward with the plea and if he refuses to answer then the deal is kaput. All that's in that big pdf document I linked to last week about the many procedures that take place as part of the plea negotiation process, the written plea form which has questions he has to answer and then sign, and then the public presentation in open court in which a defendant has to acknowledge each statement he signed on the plea form to the presiding judge. Standard stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member