Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Katrina contributed to an early release, but apparently the storm was responsible for his transfer from C Paul Phelps CC in DeQuincy on 09/22/2005 to Avoyelles Parish Correctional Center.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - BSL - More Victims????

As of 09/23/2005, 191 inmates had been transferred from DeQuincy to other state facilities due to the storm damage and prolonged power outage. P. 19 of the pdf.

http://www.nola.com/katrina/blancodocs/Dept_Timelines_Chronology_11.pdf

Hurricane Rita made landfall at Sabine Pass (LA-TX border) during the early morning hours of 09/24/05. I suppose there could have been some minor damage from Katrina to Dequincy but it seems more likely the transfers were ahead of Rita, as Dequincy probably sustained heavier damage from that storm. And it also a possibility (would have to check) that Dequincy received prisoners from prisons directly affected by Katrina and had to transfer some prisoners elsewhere due to overcrowding. This was a very chaotic time in Louisiana.

FoxFire...you are a mystery to me...i read every post and i am amazed how you know everything about what we are discussing. I soo look forward to everything that you write on here. Thanks for all of your posts......you are one of the reasons i have stayed on here for sooo long.....Thanks again.

WhoDat, I myself am Buddhist, & am not fond of 'one religion under God & for all.'
I'm a firm believer of separation of church & state.

And Jury,at the risk of sounding ancient, what does 'würd' mean??

Ha! My son started doing that about 10 years ago. It's just 'word' as in 'word up' or tru dat. Sometimes it's wërd or wird.

Love the avatar!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Wurd
Meaning yes, hi, cool or just used when you have nothing to say. Not meaning word.

Bob: You wanna go home?
Bill: Wurd!

Sally: You wanna go to the movie tonight?
Tom:Wurd

3. wurd
when someone says something to agree too you say wurd

Q:"so dawg u be chillin wit da homies"?
A: Wurd

5. Wurd
A gangster word for "True".

Paul - She's mean!
You - Wurd.

*** I HAVE SANITIZED THE LANGUAGE

May I introduce you to the Urban Dictionary?

I use it almost daily to "decode" speech that goes :whoosh:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wurd

I'm totally gangsta.

Urban Dictionary is a hoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I know of a girl that was attacked by BSL when she was 14. He went to her house and chased her with a knife bad enough that she had to seek medical treatment. He did not get to rape her. Her mom and neighbor showed up and he ran off. She filed a police report but did not press charges. I am not sure when this happened, only tht it was before he went to prison on the rape charges. She spoke to detectives a week and half before he was arrested for MS.

SO SORRY! SHE had to seek medical attention!

I'm thinking of the Shunicks.... raining here in Lafayette..... they have their Mickey back and now it's time for real to face the finality of it all...... now a real letting go and a private memorial for them.... God bless you folks and my thoughts and prayers are with you again today.

FWIW, I know of a girl that was attacked by BSL when she was 14. He went to her house and chased her with a knife bad enough that he had to seek medical treatment. He did not get to rape her. Her mom and neighbor showed up and he ran off. She filed a police report but did not press charges. I am not sure when this happened, only tht it was before he went to prison on the rape charges. She spoke to detectives a week and half before he was arrested for MS.

This hurts to hear because it showed that authorities knew for 20 years that BSL was a dangerous person... and yet he was able to still have the freedom to kill Mickey. I don't know what they really could have done, once he served his time, but still -

Actually, I know one thing that would have helped in the old days: Cajun Justice from the men of her family, and the family of the 1999 victim. Whatever that means.

I'm thinking of the Shunicks.... raining here in Lafayette..... they have their Mickey back and now it's time for real to face the finality of it all...... now a real letting go and a private memorial for them.... God bless you folks and my thoughts and prayers are with you again today.

Sometimes i think when a child goes missing....a parent goes into shock and when the case is national attention....it keeps you living in that world where..part shock and part soo much attention....it takes time to really realize that your child is actually gone. Now is the time that the Shunicks needs our prayers to be able to accept the loss of wonderful mighty mickey.

FWIW, I know of a girl that was attacked by BSL when she was 14. He went to her house and chased her with a knife bad enough that he had to seek medical treatment. He did not get to rape her. Her mom and neighbor showed up and he ran off. She filed a police report but did not press charges. I am not sure when this happened, only tht it was before he went to prison on the rape charges. She spoke to detectives a week and half before he was arrested for MS.

If this is true..sounds like he spends alot of time getting medical treatment after trying to attack girls and women with knives

WhoDat, I myself am Buddhist, & am not fond of 'one religion under God & for all.'
I'm a firm believer of separation of church & state.

And Jury,at the risk of sounding ancient, what does 'würd' mean??

Not a Buddhist myself Donamena, really I'm not anything, but I know how you feel. I'm not crazy about it myself. I can't imagine what it would be like if the founding fathers hadn't been smart enough to include separation of church and state. We must have and protect it any way possible. Nothing more important than the constitution so it is a moot point when it comes to the legal system. Even a like BSL had his day in court and laws decided his fate, not religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne