Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I want to be able to say this to my children and grandchildren:

"Years ago, people would go missing all the time, kidnapped, murdered... It was a dark time. Now that never happens."

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to say is coming accross here.

FoxFire...you are a mystery to me...i read every post and i am amazed how you know everything about what we are discussing. I soo look forward to everything that you write on here. Thanks for all of your posts......you are one of the reasons i have stayed on here for sooo long.....Thanks again.

'Thanx for the kind words, and your welcome Kateinfl'. You're making me blush..

As was mentioned prior, most everyone on this forum, came here due to a tragedy or being touched by a victim. Whether we have 1 post or 20,000 posts, our thoughts, opinions, and ideas are of equal importantance. We are one; a team, on a perpetual mission to seek Justice for Mickey Shunick and the truth of BSL's past..

Kateinfl, I believe you would agree that Mighty Mick and her family is the reason that we will all stay here til the mission is accomplished..

One day I want to be able to say this to my children and grandchildren:

"Years ago, people would go missing all the time, kidnapped, murdered... It was a dark time. Now that never happens."

I'm not sure if what I'm trying to say is coming accross here.

I think I understand.

It seems that the species should have progressed past such barbaric crimes by now.

These remnants of savagery are even more unsettling in context. When you look at where we are, what mankind has achieved....when something like this happens it seems illogical. Like it doesn't belong on *our* planet. Dissonance.

We have an SUV on Mars, for heaven's sake! Why are we still killing each other with our bare hands like Berserkers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes i think when a child goes missing....a parent goes into shock and when the case is national attention....it keeps you living in that world where..part shock and part soo much attention....it takes time to really realize that your child is actually gone. Now is the time that the Shunicks needs our prayers to be able to accept the loss of wonderful mighty mickey.

I think so, too, Kateinfl.

I struggle with "sleuthing" sometimes, because, on the one hand, it seems almost an invasion of privacy for the victim and family -- when the attention goes national, etc. But, then, too -- I know that getting the word out can be really important to solving these crimes and bringing people home. And I somehow hope that families do feel somewhat buoyed up by the concern and support of so many "outsiders" -- though I am sure victims' families do feel totally invaded at times, what with the combination of the invasion of their lives wrought by the perp and then the intense interest of so many strangers, however well-meaning.

But afterwards -- when there is a sad ending -- yes, I think the time when the case resolves and some of the public interest lessens (as it will, eventually) must be so very difficult. The objective, once shared by so many, to bring Mickey home, is reached -- and now, there will be so many days and nights and weeks and months and years of that big gaping hole in life. I agree with you -- many, many and continuing prayers!

To a lesser degree, I wonder if the many "local" sleuthers are not affected the same way. I know -- you could just tell, from their postings -- that Mickey's case came to hold a very big place in the hearts of many of the locals who have posted here. Now the final reality has to sink it: Mickey has come home -- it's over -- but not the way we would have wanted. To them, those locals: You've done a great job, and you have inspired many. I think Mickey probably could not have had a finer WS "hometown crew" than what you folks have been. God bless you and heal you.

I also have been wanting to say to ALL non-locals (I now think of you as our "adopted Cajuns") that I am totally amazed at your dedication to this case. You have gotten so involved in this case that you know the lay of the land, the ways of the people, some of the traditions, bits of the vernacular. When it comes down to it, we are all a big family here in Acadiana, and I feel like you guys have become a part of this crazy dysfunctional family. Everyone here is really only separated by one degree, two at most. I mean that everyone knows someone who knows someone. What's that old saying? "Who's ya mamma? Can she make a roux?" and Mickey has eternally joined all of you to all of us. Welcome to the family. And thank you for your dedication.

I struggle with "sleuthing" sometimes, because, on the one hand, it seems almost an invasion of privacy for the victim and family -- when the attention goes national, etc. But, then, too -- I know that getting the word out can be really important to solving these crimes and bringing people home. And I somehow hope that families do feel somewhat buoyed up by the concern and support of so many "outsiders" -- though I am sure victims' families do feel totally invaded at times, what with the combination of the invasion of their lives wrought by the perp and then the intense interest of so many strangers, however well-meaning.

But afterwards -- when there is a sad ending -- yes, I think the time when the case resolves and some of the public interest lessens (as it will, eventually) must be so very difficult. The objective, once shared by so many, to bring Mickey home, is reached -- and now, there will be so many days and nights and weeks and months and years of that big gaping hole in life. I agree with you -- many, many and continuing prayers!

To a lesser degree, I wonder if the many "local" sleuthers are not affected the same way. I know -- you could just tell, from their postings -- that Mickey's case came to hold a very big place in the hearts of many of the locals who have posted here. Now the final reality has to sink it: Mickey has come home -- it's over -- but not the way we would have wanted. To them, those locals: You've done a great job, and you have inspired many. I think Mickey probably could not have had a finer WS "hometown crew" than what you folks have been. God bless you and heal you.

Been walkin my mind to an easier time,
My back turned towards the sun.
Lord knows when the cold wind blows,
It'll turn your head around.
~ James Taylor

Backwoods...for some of us locals, it is over. For others, a new beginning. And in that new awakening, shines Ms. Mickey's light.
We wanna make a difference, don't know just quite how.

hi, just checking in.

I've noticed around town that it's mostly the women who are talking about mickey. I have heard from several women i see regularly -clerks - employees at shops, etc. It's obvious that this would be the feeling, but universally the main point i have heard is that the women are so very proud of her for fighting back. I guess this speaks to the fact that women are much more afraid of being powerless than men, and are rallying around the fact that mickey kept her power.

If you think about it, mickey never surrendered her power, not even at the very end. From what we can tell, she never gave that surrender that bsl was looking for. His need for power was denied. I'm not saying that lisa didn't fight - we just don't have the details - but the evidence of mickey's fight will be visible on his body for the rest of his life.... Like the mark of cain in the bible. this big man ran up against a smaller woman and found that her will was every bit as strong as his. he probably thought at one point, "this isn't fair!" he was probably blown away that she didn't follow the "script."

bbm

Stronger!

Backwoods - Hitting the Thanks button didn't seem like enough...
Excellent Post! Thank you!

I totally agree with you, Backwoods. I think we all are affected, though most likely not to the extent that many of the locals are. When one of these cases doesnt take a little piece out of me, I will hit my knees and do some serious soul-searching. We come here looking to help find answers and resolutions to these tragic cases, and so very often, we never have that resolution. If you look at my 'join' date, I appear to be a newbie, but I came here the very first time in April of '09, shortly after Brittanee Drexel just disappeared from Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach at 9pm. Totally unbelieveable. There still is no resolution for her family, and she still hasnt been found...Sierra Lamar disappeared while walking to her bus stop on Mar 16 of this year, and while a suspect has been charged, she still has not been found. Kelli Bordeaux, a soldier at Fort Bragg, about an hour away from where I live, left a bar with a RSO on April 14 of this year, and has not been seen since. He is being held on unrelated charges, but so far, nothing in the way of resolution. There are far too many others to name...Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, and on and on. To have the resolution that we have in Mickey's case is rare, and while there is some satisfaction in knowing she at least was found and her murderer is locked away for life, there is a big hole in our hearts that such a treasured life was so senselessly taken. Each case offers its own pain, and I think we all feel it. It is that pain that will keep me fighting for the ones still missing, and those that sadly will be missing in the future. And I think that is something most of us here share, and is why we really are "family" in here. JMO

I think if there was any one word that describes this senseless act of violence and devastation on a community that was just living their lives is; Why?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_85GXsKqk"]Why - Rascal Flatts [HD][Lyrics] - YouTube[/ame]

So very well said.

Who could imagine better champions?

In the middle of this bafflingly hateful, violent, tragic thing, it's been lovely to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you, Backwoods. I think we all are affected, though most likely not to the extent that many of the locals are. When one of these cases doesnt take a little piece out of me, I will hit my knees and do some serious soul-searching. We come here looking to help find answers and resolutions to these tragic cases, and so very often, we never have that resolution. If you look at my 'join' date, I appear to be a newbie, but I came here the very first time in April of '09, shortly after Brittanee Drexel just disappeared from Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach at 9pm. Totally unbelieveable. There still is no resolution for her family, and she still hasnt been found...Sierra Lamar disappeared while walking to her bus stop on Mar 16 of this year, and while a suspect has been charged, she still has not been found. Kelli Bordeaux, a soldier at Fort Bragg, about an hour away from where I live, left a bar with a RSO on April 14 of this year, and has not been seen since. He is being held on unrelated charges, but so far, nothing in the way of resolution. There are far too many others to name...Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, and on and on. To have the resolution that we have in Mickey's case is rare, and while there is some satisfaction in knowing she at least was found and her murderer is locked away for life, there is a big hole in our hearts that such a treasured life was so senselessly taken. Each case offers its own pain, and I think we all share it. It is that pain that will keep me fighting for the ones still missing, and those that sadly will be missing in the future. And I think that is something most of us here share, and is why we really are "family" in here. JMO

SteveP, Britanee Drexel, went missing on 04/25/2009. Ironically, I have been wearing a TShirt with her photo & the tip number on it today. Her Mom & Grandparents keep the torch lit for her and are warriors in the missing/murdered persons family. They will never give up hope until she is brought home & her abductor is brought to Justice. They are truly an inspiration for others..

I totally agree with you, Backwoods. I think we all are affected, though most likely not to the extent that many of the locals are. When one of these cases doesnt take a little piece out of me, I will hit my knees and do some serious soul-searching. We come here looking to help find answers and resolutions to these tragic cases, and so very often, we never have that resolution. If you look at my 'join' date, I appear to be a newbie, but I came here the very first time in April of '09, shortly after Brittanee Drexel just disappeared from Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach at 9pm. Totally unbelieveable. There still is no resolution for her family, and she still hasnt been found...Sierra Lamar disappeared while walking to her bus stop on Mar 16 of this year, and while a suspect has been charged, she still has not been found. Kelli Bordeaux, a soldier at Fort Bragg, about an hour away from where I live, left a bar with a RSO on April 14 of this year, and has not been seen since. He is being held on unrelated charges, but so far, nothing in the way of resolution. There are far too many others to name...Lauren Spierer, Holly Bobo, and on and on. To have the resolution that we have in Mickey's case is rare, and while there is some satisfaction in knowing she at least was found and her murderer is locked away for life, there is a big hole in our hearts that such a treasured life was so senselessly taken. Each case offers its own pain, and I think we all share it. It is that pain that will keep me fighting for the ones still missing, and those that sadly will be missing in the future. And I think that is something most of us here share, and is why we really are "family" in here. JMO

I came here for Mickey but I find myself reading old cases and new. I dream of the lost. I pray for them. I know more about the final hours of some of these victims than I do about the lives of some of my cousins. I find myself drawn in and wondering if I should change my major from psych to criminal justice to make a difference in the world of the lost. Each case brings heartache. It seems like they just keep adding up in the missing column and barely any register in the located forums. :(

I think we all know why he wanted mickey. He obviously wanted to rape her. I pray that he did not, but i wonder if we will ever know what really happened, will they ever release any information to us about the condition of the body vs BSL stories? I hope one dAy i can be as brave as mickey was that night. Who wants to break into the prison and chop his d*** off with me? Sorry if that is inappropriate but i know we are all thinking it

Nope. Sorry. We are ALL, NOT thinking it.

FWIW, I know of a girl that was attacked by BSL when she was 14. He went to her house and chased her with a knife bad enough that she had to seek medical treatment. He did not get to rape her. Her mom and neighbor showed up and he ran off. She filed a police report but did not press charges. I am not sure when this happened, only tht it was before he went to prison on the rape charges. She spoke to detectives a week and half before he was arrested for MS.

SO SORRY! SHE had to seek medical attention!

What year was she born, CajunCoDe? How old would BSL have been if you know? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member