Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPondering

Records to remained sealed
Evidence and statements gathered during the investigation of Mickey Shunick's murder at the hands of Brandon Lavergne will not be released to the public at this time because of ongoing investigations.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...-remain-sealed

Originally Posted by Foxfire
Imo, the Gary Ridgeway; Green River serial killer/Gary Hilton: Forest Serial Killer prosecution/investigative strategy is being utilized in the BS Lavergne: Serial Killer investigation..All indicators point to this, imo...

This investigative/prosecution strategy is utilized due to the magnitude; duration & victim total..imo
RE: Dejavu

Florida & Louisiana Sunshine Laws be damned...in the Prolific Psychopathic Malignant Serial Killer Gary Michael Hilton Investigation, which spread across at least three states; FL, GA, NC..

The Prosecution and Defense, both requested evidence sealed & silence in the Gary Michael Hilton serial killer abduction/rape/murder/decapitation of FSU Nurse Cheryl Hodges Dunlap Investigation (12/01/2007), for over 3 years, and Florida Superior Court Judge; Terry 'Hanging Chad' Lewis, granted the motions to seal the evidence & information from the American public. 'All of them'.

Judge Lewis, normally a defender of the 1st amendment rights & FL's liberal sunshine laws, granted all of the silence motions by the Defense & Prosecution. I suspect that this is why he was later replaced by FL Circuit Court Judge James C. Hankinson. The Feds/FBI BAU requested total silence from North Carolina, in the Bryant couple's investigation in to their abduction/mutilation/murders-10/21/2007.

All you have to do is compare the Gary Ridgeway Green River Serial Killer Suspects and the POI total for two decades: which were in the thousands, and double that amount for gmh, (stranger abductions/murders) since he was active for 4+ decades instead of only two, and you will see why everyone in LE/Justice System is requesting silence in the Brandon Scott Lavergne serial killer investigation... 'How many innocent suspects & POIs were raked over the coals for BSL's victims rapes/murders'?

"Shame on them, imo"...

The truth is an indictment of LE & the Justice System, imo. GMH, Indisputably should have been incarcerated since 1982, for the documented Arson of a home in Dekalb Co., GA, with 3 occupants, or possibly even before...Yet he wasn't arrested for 26 years and multiple victims later.

Serial killer Gary Hilton, was allowed to prey on his innocent victims due to incompetent investigations and the lack of the Justice System protecting the victim's inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, imo..

Guess, if I was the Judge, I would order all evidence & investigative records to be silenced in the BS Lavergne investigation too... "Deja vu"

Someguy, my sympathies to you and your family. I can't imagine what you guys are all going through.

Unfortunately, all too many serial killers look like Brandon...average like your every day guy. If they didn't, it would be easy to spot them. However, they know how to blend in a crowd like everyone else.

It's very disturbing how serial killers are made.
But that's the thing. I'm not sure if I'll ever come to a conclusion on if I feel serial killers are born or made. I do think people have a predisposition to violence, but maybe only certain things awaken it. Maybe, nothing has to awaken it because it just is.

I'm not sure.
I just know, it's horrible.

I'm very sorry for anyone that knew Mickey or Brandon.
Horrible ends/sides for both families.

By the way, the fact of the advertiser article stating no information release because of ongoing investigations involving "multiple jurisdictions" should give everyone a pretty good idea that there are other possibilities of crimes being investigated.

I hope that every crime is brought about eventually in time.
Sooner the better.

I'm wondering if Brandon's family feels he is involved in more crimes, or if Lisa and Mickey were the only victims.

I just popped in to check on my newly acquired Gulf Coast Friends.

I'm watching Isaac and thinking of you.

I'm very glad that Mickey's no longer lost. It seems like it would be even worse in a big scary storm.

Please stay safe

<3 to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catching up, so sorry if this has already been discussed. this beautiful teacher vanished, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that her husband killed her. i too never understood why he was not brought back to the US?? I'm not sure how international lines play in with crimes. He had the carpets cleaned a few days before she went missing. He is said to be out of the country with the little girl now.
Considering the great & wondrous love the Venezuelan president has for US, I'm sure they won't extradite.

By the way, the fact of the advertiser article stating no information release because of ongoing investigations involving "multiple jurisdictions" should give everyone a pretty good idea that there are other possibilities of crimes being investigated.

I hope that every crime is brought about eventually in time.
Sooner the better.

I'm wondering if Brandon's family feels he is involved in more crimes, or if Lisa and Mickey were the only victims.

OceanMetTheSky ~ Seems that has family has seen / would be familiar with BL's dark side. In denial ? Don't know.

considering the great & wondrous love the venezuelan president has for us, i'm sure they won't extradite.

girls, look up sylvaine lozada here on websleuths.
Nobody talks about it any more !
No one is speaking for her. Even more sad !!

girls, look up sylvaine lozada here on websleuths.
Nobody talks about it any more !
No one is speaking for her. Even more sad !!

Has the Schunick family held their private service / burial of Mickey ?

reedus23, TX executed 10 persons in 2010, yet has 400 on death row. The numb3rs don't compute. TX has inmates sentenced to the Death penalty that have been there for decades. Most TX death row inmates die of natural causes/LWOP..

Henry Lee Lucas; DP commuted to life, & Kenneth Mc Duff(two death penalty sentences & two different incarcerations/multiple victims before finally being recaptured due to AMW & executed)..

The main point of my post was simply that I don't believe Texas would prosecute BSL simply to add another life sentence to the two he is already serving. I believe the only reason to try him for any more crimes would be to get the death penalty.

I was surprised by some of the numbers when I went to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Website. Since the DP returned to Texas, they have executed 477 inmates as opposed to 41 who have died of reasons other than execution, some old age, some suicide, some murder, etc... There have been a good number who have been removed from death row, whether because of pardon, overturned conviction etc... The late 1990's saw the most prolific use of the DP, reaching a high of 40 executions in one year, that's over 3 a month. It appears, without doing the math, that they generally execute 20-25 people each year and have 2 that die of other causes.

The length of time on death row has also widely varied. They have had some that were on death row for less than one year before execution and the longest stay on death row being more than 31 years. On average, a person spends 10 years on death row in Texas.

Not sure what all the numbers mean, but found it interesting. BTW, I think it was 17 in 2010. I suspect that even if BSL dragged it out for 20 years, Texas will still get him before his time is naturally up.

In the aftermath of this tragedy, of Ms. Mickey Shunick, fallen upon this great city of Lafayette, Louisiana...most have become silent, somber in reflection to the events preceding this day. The numbers here at WS attest (6 members and 5 guests) as I post here tonight.
I sit in limbo, with no further direction to sleuth, offer only idle chit-chat, if only to clear my own thoughts. Ms. Mickey's demise navigated me, personally, here for answers. A quest for truth, and due justice. A mere simpleton hoping to make a difference.
I feel Ms. Mickey at peace. And now, must I.
It's been a great ride with you guys! Exciting, enlightening...ya'll are cool.
Godspeed.

This took me an hour to write! LOL!

Yes.

Exhaustion.

I will never forget this summer. Miserable rain four times a day almost every day since July 6. Hurricane prep now when I am so sore I can barely move. And Mickey... oh, Mickey.

Exhausted and contemplative.

I feel the same way as you. I found WS because of Mickey and can't leave now. I also feel like I am in limbo. I feel a void that I just can't explain. I pray Mickey is at peace as well as her family. I hope to be at peace with the situation one day too...I just have so many unanswered questions...more than before all the "facts" came out. But my desire and/or need to have those questions answered is just that...mine. I may never get the answers and that is something I will have to live with. As long as her family is at peace...that's all that matters. I hope to be able to continue to sleuth other cases however, this has been so difficult for me that I don't know if I am capable of becoming so emotionally involved in another...not yet anyway. I don't understand why I am such a mess over this and why I can't move on. Any advice by all of you is greatly appreciated!!!

Peepop123, your feelings are natural and I believe are the same that many of us have experienced as members of Websleuths. A case situation grabs you and you become involved heart & soul in seeking answers or solutions. Sometimes (some cases) the answers come and sometimes they do not.

This case, due to many factors, had a relatively quick resolution for a missing person. The evil doer was caught, the victims recovered and now the killer is in prison. I have followed several cases on WS that grabbed my attention including Kyron Horman, Holly Bobo, Kelli Bordeaux - these have never been located nor their evil doer brought to Justice. Although the cases have slowed, I still keep an ear for any developments. In Somer Thompson's case, there was resolution. My advice, since you asked, is to take a break and when you hear about a case that "grabs you" get involved on the Thread.

WS is a interesting site and I have seen so many caring and talented folks. I know that if I was ever missing, I would want WS on my case. Hope you will stay involved to the extent that is comfortable for you. I suspect we are not done with BSL. Hope this helps.

He really was an attractive kid.

Those photos of Brandon Lavergne make me sad.

I look at photos of young people and think of how they have time on their side like a pocketful of glittering doubloons. How they are looking forward to whatever life has to hold. Things like slow-dancing in a barn or kissing under the stars. Marrying the lover of their dreams.

They are young and going somewhere - they know that, though they know not where.

I think of the sad-looking, defeated man in chains who sleepwalks wordless into a courtroom and wordless back out, getting into a car that will now take him to the rest of his life. Nothing left to look forward to.

And now I put that image alongside those of a mother and a young woman, looking forward as well to the joy life can bring.... and they are all just gone. Their lives built toward an unlooked-for meeting... collided and disintegrated, leaving them and those around them in irrevocable pieces.

How deeply sad this case is. How very quiet it has made me feel.

I pray for all three of their souls, and for the families that loved them.

:candle:

The main point of my post was simply that I don't believe Texas would prosecute BSL simply to add another life sentence to the two he is already serving. I believe the only reason to try him for any more crimes would be to get the death penalty.

I was surprised by some of the numbers when I went to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Website. Since the DP returned to Texas, they have executed 477 inmates as opposed to 41 who have died of reasons other than execution, some old age, some suicide, some murder, etc... There have been a good number who have been removed from death row, whether because of pardon, overturned conviction etc... The late 1990's saw the most prolific use of the DP, reaching a high of 40 executions in one year, that's over 3 a month. It appears, without doing the math, that they generally execute 20-25 people each year and have 2 that die of other causes.

The length of time on death row has also widely varied. They have had some that were on death row for less than one year before execution and the longest stay on death row being more than 31 years. On average, a person spends 10 years on death row in Texas.

Not sure what all the numbers mean, but found it interesting. BTW, I think it was 17 in 2010. I suspect that even if BSL dragged it out for 20 years, Texas will still get him before his time is naturally up.

reedus23, I suspect the dwindling number of executions are for various reasons; expense/judicial budget cuts, number of prisoners exonerated due to DNA/forensics upgrades, and see below..

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=42382

Secretary-General calls on States to abolish death penalty
www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=42382Jul 3, 2012 – United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called on Member ... endorsed a call for a worldwide moratorium of the death penalty.

It's late and I'm pretty tired. I have followed the case with Mickey with fervor, even tho I live on the west coast.
I usually don't write much, perhaps should more so,.....
But with everything that makes logical sense to me, BSL did not begin and end his furor in 1999, only to have 1 more victim in 2012(Mickey)
Let's help connect the dots with others.

I feel the same way as you. I found WS because of Mickey and can't leave now. I also feel like I am in limbo. I feel a void that I just can't explain. I pray Mickey is at peace as well as her family. I hope to be at peace with the situation one day too...I just have so many unanswered questions...more than before all the "facts" came out. But my desire and/or need to have those questions answered is just that...mine. I may never get the answers and that is something I will have to live with. As long as her family is at peace...that's all that matters. I hope to be able to continue to sleuth other cases however, this has been so difficult for me that I don't know if I am capable of becoming so emotionally involved in another...not yet anyway. I don't understand why I am such a mess over this and why I can't move on. Any advice by all of you is greatly appreciated!!!

peepop123, one thing you might could do is take some of that energy and motivation and emotion and channel it in another, but maybe somehow related, direction for a while.

You know -- get involved with an organization that works with at-risk youth ... volunteer at a homeless shelter ... work with a group that rescues or fosters animals ... many other possibilities, but you get the idea, do something that makes a difference in at least a tiny corner of the world. (Think how Mickey would probably like that idea -- you'll be honoring her.)

Be careful, of course, but do something that reaches out beyond your normal boundaries. You may never know the impact you make ... but you might keep someone else from becoming a victim of violence, or you might keep someone away from the road to becoming a perpetrator.

Just some ideas!

As others already have, I just want to say that all you folks in Louisiana and environs are much on my mind, with Isaac coming. Please take care, and be safe! chicken fried talked in a post just above about what a hard summer this has been, and I know that has to be true, for the "local" posters on Mickey's case. So batten down the hatches or whatever you need to do -- keep yourselves safe, give your hearts some time to heal. If necessary, some of us others will hold down the fort here and leave all the lights on until you can make it back!

And when Isaac's gone, please check back in so we know everyone's OK! We care!

And I feel like JurysOut said -- so glad Mickey made it back to Lafayette before Isaac arrived.

OY- sort of..

Deja vu much, much too often, imo..

One of the possible reasons that it took over a decade to insure BS Lavergne's LWOP conviction, imo..
'Seems, that after over six years, it is past time to put some heat on the heat to get off their buttocks & seek Justice for Roxanne Paltauf(TX) and her family'..
From what I have read 18 year old Roxanne, received a less than an aggressive, competent, & complete investigation by APD, imo..
Sadly, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception in many missing persons investigations that I have researched...

Found this link on my email today. The billboard article/video is from a year ago:

MISSING Young Woman (ROXANNE PAULTAUF), AUSTIN,TEXAS 7/7/2006
http://voices4missing.ning.com/video...-woman-roxanne

@Someguy, hindsight makes things clearer. Looking back, was his behaviour odd? When I see his photos, he appears to be a strong, confident man. It frightens me. I dont know what a serial killer is supposed to look like and this leaves me confused?!? I have been mulling the details that we tried so hard to connect. Those bike grips and all the theories of why they were removed. Knowing what we do now, I would guess it was to make the bike less recognizable. What other questions can we now answer. I believe the public played a significant role in helping to capture BSL. I hope LE utilizes this vast resource.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all you fine people in LA right now! Batten down the hatches and stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave