Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been reported also that BSL's arms were all scratched up. Wouldn't the hospital and LE that spoke with him there suspect that somebody was fighting BSL off? a RSO?

Hospital contacted LE..BSL's explanation was - GPS not working, when he stopped at NO convenience store/gas station to ask for directions he was attacked by someone wearing obscure numbered Saints jersey. Supposedly, two LE depts investigated, but apparently only one made a report. One of the things I am curious about is the malfunctioning GPS system. LE subpoenaed Onstar records - not sure about results. Apparently GPS must have been malfunctioning or else LE could have recognized the trip to the cane field then to cemetery immediately after murder. Having this info would surely have led to a check of the cemetery and resulted in finding the body sooner.....

Hospital contacted LE..BSL's explanation was - GPS not working, when he stopped at NO convenience store/gas station to ask for directions he was attacked by someone wearing obscure numbered Saints jersey. Supposedly, two LE depts investigated, but apparently only one made a report. One of the things I am curious about is the malfunctioning GPS system. LE subpoenaed Onstar records - not sure about results. Apparently GPS must have been malfunctioning or else LE could have recognized the trip to the cane field then to cemetery immediately after murder. Having this info would surely have led to a check of the cemetery and resulted in finding the body sooner.....

BSL just couldn't get that Saints stuff out of his mind. It was off of Saints street (St. Landry) that he got his butt attacked after he started the attack.

It has been reported also that BSL's arms were all scratched up. Wouldn't the hospital and LE that spoke with him there suspect that somebody was fighting BSL off? a RSO?
Supposedly, BSL told the LE that his wallet was stolen so they did not see the RSO on his license. Maybe they just wrote up the report and did not check him out.

sealing of mickey shunick investigative files;

"silence by le is the predator's most lethal weapon"

fbi national digital billboard initiative

as the result of a national partnership between the fbi, adams outdoor, clear channel outdoor, the outdoor advertising association of georgia, and lamar advertising, more than 1,000 digital billboards nationwide have been made available to display fbi information on fugitives, missing persons, wanted bank robbers, and more.

Through january '2009', the billboards have led directly to the capture of at least 14 fugitives, plus many more indirectly through overall publicity efforts.
http://www.fbi.gov/richmond/news-and...each/billboard

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...00275854_n.jpg
ff ~ these links do not open nor appear to be current.
Thanx.

KKDJ ~

I don't know what this is about either. I missed this too !!

Again, CHICKENFRIED / someone please explain ?? THANX.
I believe that was the older full size car that was travelling in the same area as Mickey when the cameras video taped her. That car's owner came forward as did the other truck. The only vehicle owner that did not come forward was BSL.

i believe that was the older full size car that was travelling in the same area as mickey when the cameras video taped her. That car's owner came forward as did the other truck. The only vehicle owner that did not come forward was bsl.

buckeye lady ~

thank you for responding !

Supposedly, BSL told the LE that his wallet was stolen so they did not see the RSO on his license. Maybe they just wrote up the report and did not check him out.

Aw yes! My wallet was stolen lie!
But wouldn't the police have taken a report? I can go as far as to think he portrayed himself a victim, but wouldn't the scratches all over his arms indicate
Someone was fighting him off? Then as more questioning continued, he cooperated less and less. Wouldn't those both make LE suspicious of his story and run a check on his name?

Re: https://twitter.com/ULCoachHud post #1596
We want YOU at CAJUN FIELD this Saturday for our home opener! It's time to PROTECT THIS HOUSE! @KLFY @KSLA @KATCTV3 pic.twitter.com/rALw9Wyl

Is there a subliminal in this statement by Coach Hudspeth?

Fox, does your brain ever take a holiday? LOL!

Aw yes! My wallet was stolen lie!
But wouldn't the police have taken a report? I can go as far as to think he portrayed himself a victim, but wouldn't the scratches all over his arms indicate
Someone was fighting him off? Then as more questioning continued, he cooperated less and less. Wouldn't those both make LE suspicious of his story and run a check on his name?
Maybe he had more cuts than scratches on his arms. They probably thought he was stabbed. Maybe that's why he went to a hospital farther away so they wouldn't know him. There were various people with the name Brandon Lavergne around that area of Louisiana. You would have thought his story would seem suspicious to LE since he was so vague about his details.

ff ~ these links do not open nor appear to be current.
Thanx.

FOTOBUG, try this link, but google: FBI National Digital Billboard Initiative
and see how the FBI now uses the American public as a tool in missing person and many other investigations.

Imo, the FBI has realized that the antiquated close to the vest method of keeping the info from the public was only causing innocent lives lost and mounting cold cases.

Billboards were effectively used by FL Investigators over 3 decades ago, to nab a serial killer.

http://www.fbi.gov/richmond/news-and-outreach/outreach/billboard

Maybe he had more cuts than scratches on his arms. They probably thought he was stabbed. Maybe that's why he went to a hospital farther away so they wouldn't know him. There were various people with the name Brandon Lavergne around that area of Louisiana. You would have thought his story would seem suspicious to LE since he was so vague about his details.

A quick search of his license plate would have provided all necessary info on BSL.
My primary concern is with the RSO evaluating officer due to BSL's DWT; the most wanted Vehicle of Interest, from Lafayette to NOLA posted on all MS Media..

Much as I absolutely applaud LE in their efforts and arrest, confessions, leading to her body, etc., I do think in the very beginning days some were negligent.
I realize hindsight is 20/20 but perhaps this will help bring more vigilance.
I also agree that jurisdictional linkage blindness is a huge problem and that we need as a society to find a solution to this age old problem. I have some ideas just not sure how to get them in action.

Re: https://twitter.com/ULCoachHud post #1596
We want YOU at CAJUN FIELD this Saturday for our home opener! It's time to PROTECT THIS HOUSE! @KLFY @KSLA @KATCTV3 pic.twitter.com/rALw9Wyl

Is there a subliminal in this statement by Coach Hudspeth?

Fox, does your brain ever take a holiday? LOL!

24/7 365... LOL

Very interesting: Read more - cagey calculating, manipulative, deflective
Discovery ID ran a segment on him. amazing similarities to BSL. He had a younger brother that was held 7 years by an abductor before being found..

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary_Stayner"]Cary Stayner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Cary Stayner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cary A. Stayner

Background information
Birth name Cary Stayner
Also known as The Yosemite Killer
The Yosemite Park Killer
Born August 13, 1961 (age 51)
Merced, California
Conviction Murder
Sentence Death
Killings
Number of victims 4
Country United States
State(s) California
Date apprehended 1999
Cary Anthony Stayner (born August 13, 1961) is an American serial killer currently on death row for the 1999 murders of four women in Mariposa County near Yosemite, California.

A quick search of his license plate would have provided all necessary info on BSL.
My primary concern is with the RSO evaluating officer due to BSL's DWT; the most wanted Vehicle of Interest, from Lafayette to NOLA posted on all MS Media..

Did he have the same rso evaluating officer at all times? If so this could be someone he had been manipulating for quite some time.
What are the criteria for his reporting? Obviously this tier 3 rso didn't show his obvious wounds at his latest check in.
Unless, there is something we don't know here.....

Much as I absolutely applaud LE in their efforts and arrest, confessions, leading to her body, etc., I do think in the very beginning days some were negligent.
I realize hindsight is 20/20 but perhaps this will help bring more vigilance.
I also agree that jurisdictional linkage blindness is a huge problem and that we need as a society to find a solution to this age old problem. I have some ideas just not sure how to get them in action.

kkdj, I agree that Jurisdictional Linkage Blindness is the week link in Missing/Murder cases, and has been around since the days of Bonnie & Clyde. The only tool that can combat it is an informed American public.

In the fire service, we had a saying, 'the horses have been long gone, yet the horse manure lingers'.. Meaning changes come as slow as molasses on the fire department, mainly due to tradition It is the same with Law Enforcement and the justice system..We all know how slow the wheels of Justice normally turn.

Imo, this is due to lack of training, or in house/interdepartmental training by investigators that received training decades ago, yet neglected to continue their education. Usually training instructors are selected from those with seniority. 'Times, they are a changin'...

Cases such as the Mickey Shunick investigation, which was textbook, imo; awareness, media management, public participation, combined with an excellent LPD investigative strategy, as well as prosecution strategy were watched by many other agencies. Hopefully they will learn from LPD's example..

Interesting read - http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...ked-denver-streets-from-75?source=most_viewed

Cold Cases
Serial killers worked Denver streets from '75 to '95, police say
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post
Posted: 09/02/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT

Between 1975 and 1995, dozens of young women were snatched off Denver-area streets, killed and dumped along rural roads, a crime spree that includes 38 unsolved murders that cold-case detectives believe may have been victims of a serial killer — or killers.

The crimes unfolded in a chilling pattern: An average of nearly twice a year during that 21-year span, the nude body of a young woman was discovered along a rural road or field around Denver.

* Many were teenagers. Many were involved in risky behavior — such as prostitution.

The remaining 27 are a mystery. Their killers could be in prison for other crimes. Dead. Or, at worst, still roaming the streets somewhere.

It's that thought that drives the detectives.

There is a lot of stuff that some knew and couldn't say anything about it on here. Sorry

A simple statement you make, Ihavenoname...but a great impact. Especially to those in the BSL circle of Church Point. No doubt, at least in my mind, members and guests here at WS, with local ties, throughout this chaotic ordeal, would have relished the opportunity to spill the beans...the talk, the rumor about town. Most rumors, in the Cajunnet world, almost always have some basis in fact. All-truths, half-truths,...whatev...somethin went down. Guess you gotta come from that world to understand it.

Then, his horrible acts are exposed to the world. Complacency with one's knowledge of 'rumor' no longer can be repressed. The 'crapola' hits the fan. Big time. People knew this. People knew that. I am 100% positivimo (my word) somebody knew something about something.

Why is it we remain silent, in-active, non-vocal, in the world around us?

I dunno...maybe I jus got a big mouth.

For many years I have thought releasing convicted sex offenders is a mistake. IMO they cannot be rehabilitated. Even tho they might serve their sentence imposed by society they will more than likely commit more sexual crimes.
Something needs to change. I would like as a condition of their release, as a rso, for them to be held more accountable than merely reporting in monthly or quarterly. This nowadays reporting in isn't working like it was meant to.

Yes, you're right about the license plate. Somebody sure goofed. Thank God the gal in the auto dealership was on her toes!! Do you think that because New Orleans is so rough, around Burbon Street that they get a lot of stabbings and the police don't bother much with those reports? Maybe they didn't even run his plate.

Yes, you're right about the license plate. Somebody sure goofed. Thank God the gal in the auto dealership was on her toes!! Do you think that because New Orleans is so rough, around Burbon Street that they get a lot of stabbings and the police don't bother much with those reports? Maybe they didn't even run his plate.

I have wondered this same thing. And wondered if this was why BSL went to NOla.
So much crime, not too much looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl