Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered this same thing. And wondered if this was why BSL went to NOla.
So much crime, not too much looking into.

Never heard what hospital the dad was in... Opelousas?
(couldn't chance running into family at that hosp)

He couldn't go to Lafayette...

so NOLA it was...IMO

Never heard what hospital the dad was in... Opelousas?
(couldn't chance running into family at that hosp)

He couldn't go to Lafayette...

so NOLA it was...IMO

Aw! Hadn't thought of that aspect! Good thinking!
However, I still am thinking he was keenly aware of jurisdictional linkage blindness and that influenced his thinking.

Aw! Hadn't thought of that aspect! Good thinking!
However, I still am thinking he was keenly aware of jurisdictional linkage blindness and that influenced his thinking.

kkdj, BSL, prolly went to nola for multiple reasons, imo.

* high crime rate/weekend

* jurisdictional linkage blindness

* alibi - couldn't have been me I was over 200 miles away in nola, when Mickey Shunick went missing, visiting a friend, got mugged, & have incident report & medical/hospital report for verification.

* alibi - couldn't have been me I was over 200 miles away in nola, when Mickey Shunick went missing, visiting a friend, got mugged, & have incident report & medical/hospital report for verification.

Foxfire,
I completely agree!
Didn't he visit a friend and show his wounds prior to going to the hospital? I wonder (or do we know) what story he told his friend.

Has there been any word through the Cajun Net of other potential victims that LE is actually looking into? I know about Ali in Texas. Any others?

Has there been any word through the Cajun Net of other potential victims that LE is actually looking into? I know about Ali in Texas. Any others?

Wondering the same. I would imagine LE is looking at many missing women unsolved crimes to see if there is a link with BSL. I would certainly think the ID's and items they found in his home are all being investigated as to missing women, unsolved cases, etc.
I can't help but wonder......did his fiancé ( is she now an ex?) ever notice anything about him or their relationship that made her uncomfortable or set off red flags? I know the BIL had red flags and was expressing them to her, but did she personally?

Imo, it wouldn't be illogical to conclude that BSL, is not only being investigated in many other victim's murders, but also that he has been suspected by LE of others since 2005. According to BSL's prison cellmate, BSL was interviewed by detectives for three women's abductions/murders at that time. Coupled with the info of clothes & IDs found during the search of his residence, the sealing of the investigative records in Mickey Shunick & Lisa Pate's cases, etc.

The number of BS Lavergne's victims will be many, imo..

Are the records being sealed because Texas is investigating? It can't be because of people who were interviewed. We have those names and initials from documents we have been seen already. Are any journalists filing under the Freedom of Information Act to force their release?

Imo, it wouldn't be illogical to conclude that BSL, is not only being investigated in many other victim's murders, but also that he has been suspected by LE of others since 2005. According to BSL's prison cellmate, BSL was interviewed by detectives for three women's abductions/murders at that time. Coupled with the info of clothes & IDs found during the search of his residence, the sealing of the investigative records in Mickey Shunick & Lisa Pate's cases, etc.

The number of BS Lavergne's victims will be many, imo..

Ditto that!
Thanks foxfire!

In addition to above, other reasons -

BSL was very familiar with hospital since it was located across the river from his work address and he had been by there many times. The location is not one you was just wander by. Also, there is jurisdictional linkage issue even within the NO area. Hospital is, I believe, outside the jurisdiction of NOPD, though they as well as JPSO investigated. Only one filed report. Stabbings are quite common in the area. Not likely a thorough investigation was undertaken, especially after BSL refused to cooperate.

He reportedly gave two stories to authorities about his visit to NO. One was to visit friend, another was to pick up father from hospital.

Had to dispose of MS murder weapons, knife & pistol, away from crime area.

Could stop by Whiskey Bay and dispose of bike on the way to NO.

Also to Chicken Fried, you knew the Olds saw the perp turn around .

do you know that the Oldsmobile did in fact see BSL turn around or are your speculating? Do we even know that the Oldsmobile was in the location in which BSL turned around? Do we even know BSL turned around? I just remember them saying "he changed lanes".

And speaking of Chickenfried, we haven't heard from him in days. Hope he is okay after that hurricane!!!

do you know that the Oldsmobile did in fact see BSL turn around or are your speculating? Do we even know that the Oldsmobile was in the location in which BSL turned around? Do we even know BSL turned around? I just remember them saying "he changed lanes".

And speaking of Chickenfried, we haven't heard from him in days. Hbope he is okay after that hurricane!!!

Hope all is well with him as well. IMO he seemed really frustrated recently, hope he comes back.

A simple statement you make, Ihavenoname...but a great impact. Especially to those in the BSL circle of Church Point. No doubt, at least in my mind, members and guests here at WS, with local ties, throughout this chaotic ordeal, would have relished the opportunity to spill the beans...the talk, the rumor about town. Most rumors, in the Cajunnet world, almost always have some basis in fact. All-truths, half-truths,...whatev...somethin went down. Guess you gotta come from that world to understand it.

Then, his horrible acts are exposed to the world. Complacency with one's knowledge of 'rumor' no longer can be repressed. The 'crapola' hits the fan. Big time. People knew this. People knew that. I am 100% positivimo (my word) somebody knew something about something.

Why is it we remain silent, in-active, non-vocal, in the world around us?

I dunno...maybe I jus got a big mouth.

CRIMSON CLOVER ~
THIS COULD NOT BE EXPRESSED ANY BETTER !!
It's not that you have a big mouth ....... it's accredibility, and discussion of what's going down. Determining the facts and making them public. The TRUTH needs to come out !
All along it has been said that BSL was being harbored / protected by some element/s in CP. So your point/s of complicity are well taken.

Did he have the same rso evaluating officer at all times? If so this could be someone he had been manipulating for quite some time.
What are the criteria for his reporting? Obviously this tier 3 rso didn't show his obvious wounds at his latest check in.
Unless, there is something we don't know here.....

KKDJ ~ GREAT QUESTIONS ..... WOULD LOVE TO GET THESE ANSWERS.

Seems to me his Evaluating Officer, needs to be reevaluated himself. Be it complicity or complacency ?
Is he credible / capable of resuming his job evaluating RSO's, when such obvious signs were ignored ?????
If this officer intends to continue in this job, he needs to go back to school and get a reality check on the criteria / standards he is to uphold, in protecting the public. This is a serious job, not a good ole boys get together to chew the fat.

And speaking of Chickenfried, we haven't heard from him in days. Hope he is okay after that hurricane!!!

I seem to remember that BSL said that he had changed lanes. But how reliable is he? Can we believe everything that he said, so he could save his life? I wonder if his lawyers wrote up a good sounding confession (if that is possible) and he went along with it? Remember in his mind he had to look like he was a victim also.

Does anybody know the legal criteria for tier 3 RSO reporting? I think this is very important to know.

Chickenfried
Where are you? We haven't heard from you for days. Everything okay?

Another thing I have been thinking about. Mighty Mick was kidnapped and murdered. She fought and fought and fought. She is so many wonderful things. I would love for People Magazine to do an article about how she lived her life and how tiny mighty Mick almost won against a brutal serial killer and known rapist. IMO she deserves to be a part of history to be admired.
Actually, even though she is no longer with us here on earth , she did win! She brought him down forever an uncovered who knows how many other of his crimes! Her valiant fight ended up exposing BSL! Without her who knows how many more lives would be lost because of BSL?
We as a society have a lot of work to do regarding the accountable monitoring of RSO's. Mickey has brought this to light.
Go mighty Mick!

In response to those questioning whether runners/walkers are welcome on Mickey's memorial bike ride, here is what Mickey's Mom posted:
"The runners and walkers are more than welcome. I have never learned to ride a bike, but I will try to get one and ride. If I can't ride, I will run, walk, or crawl. But I will be there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne