Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to blame the holocaust on BSL? I see that most people posting her would love to create "what about this" scenarios to convict him. Do you Christians really want him to burn in hell? It's actually people like you who freak me out.

So are you saying that people who want to see him punished for killing these two innocent young women, freak you out MORE than a brutal serial killer does?

Do you doubt the victim's statement?

Innocent people are convicted all the time. I have followed the Innocence Project enough to know that is a fact. Like you, I believe Brandon is indeed guilty of murdering Lisa and Mickey, and like you, I think if he can be linked to any other murder, we will see the death penalty come into play. Especially if Texas is involved.

I have never doubted the integrity of that victim. I think BSL's actions / record
speaks volumes. And I agree with a statement made by Foxfire that this all probably began in his teens ..... and possibly earlier. Seems like we never got any confirmation regarding his grave digging / cemetery escapades and at what age ??
Which leads me to another question: Someguy stated that BSL was exposed to trauma / extreme abuse as a child at the hands of a family member. Someguy would never reveal whom tho. I cannot begin to figure who that may be as there are so many steps ..... half sibs ..... divorce, bio parents, adoptive parents, etc. that I am confused. I think ?? his adoptive Mom had several children by different fathers. It's too convoluted for me, so I just dropped the idea of trying to learn who was so abusive to him and at what age the trauma began.

Well it seems to have slowed down on here and one poster isn't going to post anymore, so lets see if my thoughts can bring the post count up.

It has been rumored that BSL was abused as a kid but no one has been able to verify that on here. It has been rumored that BSL was often in trouble as a kid but again no on has really been able to verify that.

Lets say that the 18 year old that BSL was with was consensual, but she later changed her story. After all she was the younger cousin of BSL's girlfriend and we all know that sometimes younger girls do have a crush on their cousin's boyfriends and she did do it consensual, but some how her mother found out and her cousin got upset and the mother got real angry and persuasive and the 18 year old found the easy way out by saying that it was rape. Remember BSL left a wash rag with DNA on it. Why leave easy evidence like that behind? Also it was said that the 18 year was a virgin and apparently had never done that before and was upset when he went in her mouth. If BSL was innocent and chose to plead guilty because of him being in the military and what not, that might of turned him for the bad that he became. Remember having to spend 8 years in prison, if he was innocent, had to have been a bad experience. Remember there are actually innocent people in prison.
When 'Queennie' posted about her family member being in prison and being innocent got me to thinking.

• Muddy footprints on the outside wall underneath the window.
  • Victim's shirt found tied in a knot. It had been used to blindfold her.
  • Two telephones ripped out of the walls containing BSL's fingerprints. He first claimed he didn't touch the phones, but later reneged and said he might've touched them. Victim's prints were not present.
  • Victim claims BSL threatened to burn down her home if she told anyone. That's consistent with his history.
  • The report mentions a doctor's report stating the victim had bruises and evidence of her wrists being tied.

And that's just from the incident report. You can find a copy at this link.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99700480/...iff-s-Officer-Incident-Report-April-12th-1999

The victim's mother didn't "somehow" find out. The victim called the police after BSL left. She didn't report being raped that night. The girl was 17, and like so many victims, she was probably too embarrassed and upset to talk about it to the police officers. She told her mother the next morning, and her mother promptly reported it to the investigating officer.

If the victim was being vindictive as BSL claimed, she would have cried "rape" right away to the police officers.

Why leave easy evidence lying around? My guess would be that he thought she'd be too afraid too report him. We also know that thirteen years later, he still made foolish miscalculations while attempting to hide his guilt in Mickey's murder.

Anyone care to blame the holocaust on BSL? I see that most people posting her would love to create "what about this" scenarios to convict him. Do you Christians really want him to burn in hell? It's actually people like you who freak me out.

JARABIE ~ Respectfully not to stray from the subject, but the major FREAK OUT are the brutal, brutal cold blooded murders he has pulled off beginning many years ago. The recent horrendous abduction and murder of MS is just now bringing down his reign. it's only understandable that so many people are wondering how many more are out there ?? BSL has brought this situation / suspicion upon himself. Don't shoot the messenger.

Cajun net, which has been very accurate, says the 1999 rape was very brutal and lasted for hours. There was not only rape but beatings involved as well. In the report (as I believe is the case with Mickey), we have a very sanitized version of events.
Jujube, with all due respect, if it were only hearsay that described the incident, I might question the story myself. There is nothing "santized" about the arrest report. It paints a picture of a vicious, brutal rape. I don't need the Cajun Net to fill in the details for me.

I have never doubted the integrity of that victim. I think BSL's actions / record
speaks volumes. And I agree with a statement made by Foxfire that this all probably began in his teens ..... and possibly earlier. Seems like we never got any confirmation regarding his grave digging / cemetery escapades and at what age ??
Which leads me to another question: Someguy stated that BSL was exposed to trauma / extreme abuse as a child at the hands of a family member. Someguy would never reveal whom tho. I cannot begin to figure who that may be as there are so many steps ..... half sibs ..... divorce, bio parents, adoptive parents, etc. that I am confused. I think ?? his adoptive Mom had several children by different fathers. It's too convoluted for me, so I just dropped the idea of trying to learn who was so abusive to him and at what age the trauma began.

bbm: Unless I am mistaken, the "grave-digging" stories were never confirmed but were rumors, largely from online sources. Since they were discussed here to some extent, I will note that I recently saw online postings (so, comparable "rumor") that BSL actually was NOT involved in the apparently famous-locally grave-digging episode. The postings purported to name those who actually were involved and said that BSL definitely was not among them. FWIW.

I normally do not post rumors, but I thought since some that he WAS involved were spread abroad here, I would contribute a note of rumors of the opposite report. If not cool, I know a mod will delete.

Jujube, with all due respect, if it were only hearsay that described the incident, I might question the story myself. There is nothing "santized" about the arrest report. It paints a picture of a vicious, brutal rape. I don't need the Cajun Net to fill in the details for me.

Oh, what we've read is horrible no doubt and I did not mean to imply it wasn't. My point was the event was even worse than the report states.

IMO, most here are mistaken about inmate, or 'client', (as they prefer to call themselves) life in Angola. Far from the days of being the most violent prison in America, Angola is now the model for lack of violence among the general population. Even though most are lifers, more than half of the 5,000 claim to be 'born-again Christians' and attend regular services at one of the 5-6 churches on grounds. 'Clients' actually enforce their own set of rules which bans violence and profanity. Those who will not abide by the 'rules' are segregated in a separate cellblock away from the general population. IMO, BSL will be a model prisoner. After a short period of isolation for everyone to adjust, BSL will be attending church services, maybe even attend the on-campus seminary to become a preacher. Exactly the type prisoner Warden Cain likes and allows privileges to for compliance with his non-violent prison. BSL will flourish in that environment, for the next 50 years or so.....or as long as Cain is Warden. At least he won't be able to prey on young women in there....

BBM

Well...since BSL knows that he's going to be detained 'on the inside' for the rest of his life (hopefully), I wouldn't put it past him to attack a female that works in the prison setting...sooner or later!

Not long ago, in Washington state, that very thing happened with an incarcerated murderer killing a female prison guard in the prison chapel...the murderer was given special privileges at the prison due to his 'good behavior'!
:what:

Noone has to create any scenarios to convict BSL. He has confessed to a brutal rape & two cold-blooded, senseless murders! :sick: If he doesn't repent to God, BSL will have eternity to pay for it, but that is between him & God. He can't deceive God like he's apparently been able to play everyone around him. Society's duty is to lock him up for the rest of his life to pay for his crimes here and to keep him off the streets forever.

There are definitely people here who want to see Brandon burn in hell. I am not one of them, but I understand where that anger comes from....he took Lisa away from three young children, forever altering their lives and the lives of all of her relatives. The world has lost a chance to see Lisa overcome her problems, has lost her light and humor. He has taken a bright, beautiful young woman from the Shunick family. Charlie will never again chat on the phone with her little sister, her little brother won't be the parrain to Mickey's babies, her mom and dad won't get to see Mickey graduate from college, won't walk her down the asile, won't snuggle the grandbabies she would have given them, and the whole world has lost the love and energy she had to give.

Most people here want to make sure that Brandon is held accountable for all his crimes, especially if there are other young women out there that he has raped or murdered. The suggestion that he has killed others has come from law enforcement officials, so it's not like we just grabbed that idea out of thin air and ran with it.

I feel for Brandon, I really do. Something happened to him that caused the innocent baby he once was to turn into a predator. I wish we could go back and undo whatever harmed him this way, but we cannot. What we can do is to make sure that he is held legally accountable for his crimes, and that he is never given a chance to hurt anyone else.

LWOP accomplishes that, in my opinion. If there are other victims, then there will be additional sentences handed down, and that will be just.

I do know what you mean about Christians hoping for Brandon to be raped in jail, tortured, etc. Christians are supposed to turn the other cheek, and it bothers me too. I think you will find that as varied a group of people as we have here on Websleuths results in a varied response to situations like this.

I think he was told to back off from the case before he could really get close to anyone from what I remember.

And now we know the reason he was told to back off was that they were already on to their guy, although the situation seemed like it could have been handled better.

Yep, I remember that was all around the same time. I thought he had said he already had a couple names of interest at that point though and I was just curious if BSL was one of those.

Parallels..

Imo, BSL was well read, not only on jurisdictional linkage blindness, but perceived hypothesis, as well as his variance of MOs & signature patterns of sexual predators/SKs tracked by FBI/VICAP, etc.

Imo, BSL is still being underestimated, although he has duped almost everone in his path since childhood..or at least since age 14 years old..

RE: possible TX victims buried close to BSL's Church Point, LA residence for visitation?:

Imo, this is unlikely. Due to family living in Spring, TX and other ties to the area. He would not bring unwanted attention to himself by periodically visiting the area. Imo, BSL was a collector, and once one victim is located, the others will be nearby...

Remember two of the most prolific serial killers in TX history; McDuff & Lucas & 158+ other TX inmates, are buried less than 50 miles from his sister's home in Spring.
Kenneth Allen McDuff & Henry Lee Lucas are buried in the Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery, Huntsville, TX.

Department of Psychology
Radford University
Radford, VA 24142-6946

Kenneth Allen McDuff
“The Broomstick Killer”

1957 11 Disciplinary problems until 9th grade (age 14); laughed at inappropriate times

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/McDuff, Kenneth.pdf

Imo, BSL's Texas victims will be located in an adjacent jurisdiction to where his victims were abducted; his burial/ritual grounds/safe haven.

http://www.executedtoday.com/2010/11/17/1998-kenneth-allen-mcduff-texas-nightmare/

A prisoner’s fifteen-page handwritten lawsuit, Ruiz vs. Estelle, exposed conditions in Texas prisons which proved unconstitutionally inhumane, including the use of inmates as 'prison guards'.

McDuff ascended to the position of boss over fellow convicts following his exit from death row into the general prison population; his perks included a “gal-boy” who traded the usual personal services for McDuff’s protection from white supremacist former gang associates whom he had offended.

(fast forward)
It took six years for law enforcement officers to persuade McDuff that his continued refusal to reveal where he had hidden the bodies of several of his victims offered him no sort of advantage. Some remains were located by means of hand-drawn maps, but maps did not suffice in every case. A few days before his execution, an unusual excursion party set out from the Ellis I prison outside Huntsville: a caravan of unmarked cars with dark-tinted glass carried McDuff, locked to a back seat and disguised with a baseball cap, on a “clandestine high security move.” Never allowed out of the car, McDuff directed investigators to the shallow grave of Colleen Reed, whom he kidnapped from an Austin car wash on December 29, 1991. Shortly thereafter, McDuff’s nephew received a reduction in his sentence for drug dealing.

Kenneth McDuff, never expressed remorse for any of his crimes.

* Footnote:

Kenneth Allen McDuff grew from the small-time bully of tiny Rosebud, Texas, to a feared and reviled killer finally apprehended with the help of the America’s Most Wanted television series.

Despite a 1982 conviction for attempted bribery of a parole board member, McDuff made parole in early October of 1989. Waco’s U.S. Marshall Parnell McNamara could only ask, “Have they gone crazy?”...

McDuff by all accounts became the most hated man in the Texas prison system; once returned to death row, he was held in administrative segregation for his own protection from his latest arrival in 1993 until his execution.

http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php?page=cem&FScemeteryid=641459

Parallels..

Imo, BSL was well read, not only on jurisdictional linkage blindness, but perceived hypothesis, as well as his variance of MOs & signature patterns of sexual predators/SKs tracked by FBI/VICAP, etc.

Imo, BSL is still being underestimated, although he has duped almost everone in his path since childhood..or at least since age 14 years old..

RE: possible TX victims buried close to BSL's Church Point, LA residence for visitation?:

Imo, this is unlikely. Due to family living in Spring, TX and other ties to the area. He would not bring unwanted attention to himself by periodically visiting the area. Imo, BSL was a collector, and once one victim is located, the others will be nearby...

Remember two of the most prolific serial killers in TX history; McDuff & Lucas & 158+ other TX inmates, are buried less than 50 miles from his sister's home in Spring.
Kenneth Allen McDuff & Henry Lee Lucas are buried in the Captain Joe Byrd Cemetery, Huntsville, TX.

Department of Psychology
Radford University
Radford, VA 24142-6946

Kenneth Allen McDuff
“The Broomstick Killer”

1957 11 Disciplinary problems until 9th grade (age 14); laughed at inappropriate times

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/McDuff, Kenneth.pdf

Imo, BSL's Texas victims will be located in an adjacent jurisdiction to where his victims were abducted; his burial/ritual grounds/safe haven.

http://www.executedtoday.com/2010/11/17/1998-kenneth-allen-mcduff-texas-nightmare/

A prisoner’s fifteen-page handwritten lawsuit, Ruiz vs. Estelle, exposed conditions in Texas prisons which proved unconstitutionally inhumane, including the use of inmates as 'prison guards'.

McDuff ascended to the position of boss over fellow convicts following his exit from death row into the general prison population; his perks included a “gal-boy” who traded the usual personal services for McDuff’s protection from white supremacist former gang associates whom he had offended.

(fast forward)
It took six years for law enforcement officers to persuade McDuff that his continued refusal to reveal where he had hidden the bodies of several of his victims offered him no sort of advantage. Some remains were located by means of hand-drawn maps, but maps did not suffice in every case. A few days before his execution, an unusual excursion party set out from the Ellis I prison outside Huntsville: a caravan of unmarked cars with dark-tinted glass carried McDuff, locked to a back seat and disguised with a baseball cap, on a “clandestine high security move.” Never allowed out of the car, McDuff directed investigators to the shallow grave of Colleen Reed, whom he kidnapped from an Austin car wash on December 29, 1991. Shortly thereafter, McDuff’s nephew received a reduction in his sentence for drug dealing.

Kenneth McDuff, never expressed remorse for any of his crimes.

* Footnote:

Kenneth Allen McDuff grew from the small-time bully of tiny Rosebud, Texas, to a feared and reviled killer finally apprehended with the help of the America’s Most Wanted television series.

Despite a 1982 conviction for attempted bribery of a parole board member, McDuff made parole in early October of 1989. Waco’s U.S. Marshall Parnell McNamara could only ask, “Have they gone crazy?”...

McDuff by all accounts became the most hated man in the Texas prison system; once returned to death row, he was held in administrative segregation for his own protection from his latest arrival in 1993 until his execution.

http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php?page=cem&FScemeteryid=641459

Fourteen years of age? May I ask how you draw this conclusion?

This statement is so replete with faulty premises and wrong-headed logic, I can hardly decide where to begin.

First, don't be so quick to assume that all here are Christians. I believe at least one other person has made a post to that effect already.

More importantly: there is nothing "un-Christian" about wondering about the possibility that a known, convicted, and admitted violent felon has committed other similar acts -- especially when there are witnesses who can very possibly place him at/very near the scene of at least one abduction.

It's the height of ignorance for one to suggest or imply that we should simply turn our eyes to other crimes of BS Lavergne's, and ignore the needs of other families whose loved ones have vanished.

I suspect that if a wife, mother, sister, daughter, etc. of the OP had been the one missing, the perspective might be radically different.

On a more practical level: it makes little sense for someone to join and participate in a forum called WebSleuths, and then to express shock or outrage that people on this website are actually, you know, sleuthing.

And I'll stop there. (For now, anyway.)

JMO.

Fourteen years of age? May I ask how you draw this conclusion?

Crimson clover, excellent question that has been puzzling me for years.

When 61 year old serial killer Gary Michael Hilton, was asked by the jailers at the Dawson Co., GA Corrections facility, "If you are so damn intelligent, why did you get caught"? He responded, "Yall haven't caught me since I was 14 years old"!
Months later I learned that he had shot his stepfather in FL, at age 14. He was placed in a low security mental institution and simply walked away. GMH, later received his GED, joined the Army, and was special forces trained. I think you prolly know the rest of the tragic story.

This statement by GMH, haunted me for some unknown reason and raised my curiousity. So I researched it.. As with McDuff, Ridgeway, and numerous other prolific serial killers. The age of 14 years, comes up time and time again...Guess, this is the age when most cross the threshold from fantasy to reality..

This statement is so replete with faulty premises and wrong-headed logic, I can hardly decide where to begin.

First, don't be so quick to assume that all here are Christians. I believe at least one other person has made a post to that effect already.

More importantly: there is nothing "un-Christian" about wondering about the possibility that a known, convicted, and admitted violent felon has committed other similar acts -- especially when there are witnesses who can very possibly place him at/very near the scene of at least one abduction.

It's the height of ignorance for one to suggest or imply that we should simply turn our eyes to other crimes of BS Lavergne's, and ignore the needs of other families whose loved ones have vanished.

I suspect that if a wife, mother, sister, daughter, etc. of the OP had been the one missing, the perspective might be radically different.

On a more practical level: it makes little sense for someone to join and participate in a forum called WebSleuths, and then to express shock or outrage that people on this website are actually, you know, sleuthing.

And I'll stop there. (For now, anyway.)

JMO.

Würd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this person found have a websleuths link?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182743"]Unknown girl missing two yrs found alive - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We're thinking she is S. Cosey missing from MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member