CANADA Brantford, Ontario - Eugenia (Jenny) Da Silva, missing July 5th after leaving work in Woodstock.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family and friends are trying to correct the information released by Brantford Police. They say that they have confirmed that she left her work parking lot in Woodstock at 5:08, and her phone pinged in Cathcart - Burford area about 5:30. I don't know why LE's information says 3 p.m. They also had her age wrong initially, not sure if they have updated it. According to those who know her, Jenny is 44 - not 34.

RBBM Are they any further details on phone pings after that time?

Last edited:
rbbm
“A kindergarten classmate of Jenny’s – Christine – and her daughter thought that if Jenny was out there somewhere lost or confused, the country can be pretty dark,” lifelong friend Steph Vandeven said of rural Southwestern Ontario.
“If everyone who lived out in the country could leave their porch lights on maybe we could help guide her home or to safety.”

Friends were asking rural residents in Oxford County, Brant County and Haldimand County to leave their porch lights on all night.''
99FAB® LED Flame Effect Flickering Fire Light Bulb with Gravity Sensor |  Led light bulb, Bulb, Outdoor light bulbs
https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=4fd0dc4fbda9541c&sxsrf=ADLYWIKufy1JZmyksfoROKKNYg1ApminSA:1720612889446&q=porch+light+on+gif&udm=2&fbs=AEQNm0DYVld7NGDZ8Pi819Yg8r6em07j6rW9d2jUMtr8MB7htoxbI0iAKNRPykigVf3e9aputkbr8jzmN5LYbANOqrq5HYnx4MjtyMxZ94LvgeHWmGBcuWUoydKfNaoB5JMdZlMtXmg2De2y5O7nn-eTbNdYHsRiT1RQ-pB6qp3ejXJ5VpdCk5NA1Jug5hVR16L7F-A1C1p-4xpfp7qj2HsGNaipPZQOiw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-5sjAtpyHAxUhkIkEHTkECssQtKgLegQIDBAB&biw=1358&bih=612&dpr=1#vhid=MSsi1ADiVAhGFM&vssid=mosaic

rbbm
“A kindergarten classmate of Jenny’s – Christine – and her daughter thought that if Jenny was out there somewhere lost or confused, the country can be pretty dark,” lifelong friend Steph Vandeven said of rural Southwestern Ontario.
“If everyone who lived out in the country could leave their porch lights on maybe we could help guide her home or to safety.”

Friends were asking rural residents in Oxford County, Brant County and Haldimand County to leave their porch lights on all night.''
99FAB® LED Flame Effect Flickering Fire Light Bulb with Gravity Sensor |  Led light bulb, Bulb, Outdoor light bulbs
https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=4fd0dc4fbda9541c&sxsrf=ADLYWIKufy1JZmyksfoROKKNYg1ApminSA:1720612889446&q=porch+light+on+gif&udm=2&fbs=AEQNm0DYVld7NGDZ8Pi819Yg8r6em07j6rW9d2jUMtr8MB7htoxbI0iAKNRPykigVf3e9aputkbr8jzmN5LYbANOqrq5HYnx4MjtyMxZ94LvgeHWmGBcuWUoydKfNaoB5JMdZlMtXmg2De2y5O7nn-eTbNdYHsRiT1RQ-pB6qp3ejXJ5VpdCk5NA1Jug5hVR16L7F-A1C1p-4xpfp7qj2HsGNaipPZQOiw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-5sjAtpyHAxUhkIkEHTkECssQtKgLegQIDBAB&biw=1358&bih=612&dpr=1#vhid=MSsi1ADiVAhGFM&vssid=mosaic
I have wondered if she may have suffered some kind of change in her medical status that left her confused and unable to find her way home or even make contact with family/friends. Not even sure what that might be that would make her lose those memories but still allow her to drive and navigate her way around the countryside undetected. It is a long shot - but all the scenarios that occur to me seem equally as unlikely.

In many cases on this forum circumstances like this are often a result of the car having gone off the road into water, a low area like a ditch or ravine, or into the weeds/woods. I haven't seen reports of them walking her entire expected route home.

RSBM
Are any in-person searches taking place? Can you say more about the marsh? Is it somewhere a car could crash? Sounds close to one of her phone pings.
Friends/family are organizing searches for tomorrow, Thursday July 11 via a FB group (which is not allowed to be shared here - search for Bring Eugenia (Jenny) Da Silva Home.)

I hate to say this...but if she sent a text to her daughter while driving home, her phone pinged nearby, and both she and the car are still missing...I feel like we are looking for a wrecked or underwater car somewhere not seen visibly from the main roadway but nearby. Ouch. I hope I'm wrong.

I just read that Jenny is married and though there really hasn't been a lot of media reports, exactly none have referenced comments from her husband. Only comments by friends and her daughters have been reported. Many friends - and her daughters - are active on social media also. Have I missed something?

So far as I know, there have been no updates from LE - at least, publicly.
All the recent stories appear to have been generated by friends.

This is what LE stated, in the article posted at the beginning of this thread:
"Brantford Police and the woman’s family are concerned for her well-being and ask that anyone who may have knowledge of Jenny’s whereabouts contact Brantford Police at 519-756-7050."

If you understand police-speak, you may understand what this signifies. IMO, the text message was not just a text message.

JMO

All the recent stories appear to have been generated by friends.

This is what LE stated, in the article posted at the beginning of this thread:
"Brantford Police and the woman’s family are concerned for her well-being and ask that anyone who may have knowledge of Jenny’s whereabouts contact Brantford Police at 519-756-7050."

If you understand police-speak, you may understand what this signifies. IMO, the text message was not just a text message.

JMO
Thanks for posting this and interpreting! If I'm following you, the thought is that she's AWOL of her own free will?

Thanks for posting this and interpreting! If I'm following you, the thought is that she's AWOL of her own free will?
I would just presume that the reason LE are not supplying further info to the public, is because the main information they know, is not their's to share.

ETA: the other possibility is that they are following a lead and don't want to show their hand. I just feel that is less likely in these circumstances, of someone driving home alone after work.

JMO

"One group is organizing canvassing events on Thursday in Hamilton, St. Catharines, London, Haldimand-Norfolk, Brantford and Cambridge in the hopes of finding Da Silva or the vehicle she was driving."

BBM From the article:

"Jenny is loved by us all. She's got a fun and bubbly personality, and she's super kind. She's constantly seeing the best out of people. She is a very loving mother. Her daughters adore her. She's married with her husband, like she's got a great foundation."

"We truly feel for her two children, her two girls, her family. That's the important part of it and we're trying to assist wherever we can in whatever we're asked to do. If we can do it, we'll do it."

Somewhat odd and sparse information around the husband so far. And no public plea either?

In many cases on this forum circumstances like this are often a result of the car having gone off the road into water, a low area like a ditch or ravine, or into the weeds/woods. I haven't seen reports of them walking her entire expected route home.
If you check her usual route on Google maps/street view though, highway 53, from her place of employment to the Burford area, there are no places where a vehicle can easily end up in a body of water undetected (no smashed guardrails, etc). There is a small pond along the route, but the bridge over it has cement sides. In Burford there's no bodies of water large enough to fit a vehicle.

Edit: The exception to the area may be a small pond on the 9th concession road.

Have they put the helicopter up? Drones? Did she have air tags in her bag or car?
When she texted her daughter what was it in reference to? Did she give an eta, or reason or diversion, or anything else?

Last edited:
If you check her usual route on Google maps/street view though, highway 53, from her place of employment to the Burford area, there are no places where a vehicle can easily end up in a body of water undetected (no smashed guardrails, etc). There is a small pond along the route, but the bridge over it has cement sides. In Burford there's no bodies of water large enough to fit a vehicle.

Edit: The exception to the area may be a small pond on the 9th concession road.
I forget where I saw the comment, but someone said her phone last pinged off of a tower on concession 4. If you look at concession 4 there is a pond that can be driven into without barriers. Perhaps she took a back way home and had medical distress. There was that case in the states where the teenager disappeared with her car for weeks and was later found in a lake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
electricalbee651
Back