Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I correctly assume that we are talking about two different bears here? One from a pagent, and an older one that may have been JMK's, that he allegedly left there that no one recognized until Tracey procured a photograph showing that same bear in a picture with a 12 year old JMK?

Buzzm1 said:
We could start a 4 day educational institute, teaching everything known about the Jon Benet Case.
That might be a good idea. I'm going to try to read as much as I can online this weekend. Still reading PMPT.

Buzz, did you read the transcript about the bear that was posted? To me it seems like they are saying they THINK the bear was given out at that competition.

MrsMush99 said:
That might be a good idea. I'm going to try to read as much as I can online this weekend. Still reading PMPT.

Buzz, did you read the transcript about the bear that was posted? To me it seems like they are saying they THINK the bear was given out at that competition.
Yes, they did Mushy. The boy, with a bear, picture is triggering a lot of activity. Now the question, is JMK the boy in the picture?? and has the picture possibly been morphed?? It can be done, by someone with a little computer skill, like JMK had, very easily. The blurred bear paw is the key.

if JMK sent a hardcopy, it might be a little harder to tell. If JMK sent the file, it would be very easy to tell if it had been morphed.

I'm beginning to think that JMK is a very clever person whose ultimate goal is to see if he can successfully pass himself off as JonBenet's killer. The driven Boulder D.A is going to have to be very careful; as much as she wants to convict someone, JMK may be leading her by the nose down a Primrose Path.

What I read about the bear(s) in several stories made me feel it could be important, but on some other sources it was emphatically stated that the bear found on JBR's second bed, which the Ramseys did not recognize, was "proved" to be a prize from a recent pageant, and could be seen in video of the pageant (though not JBR holding it).

However the mystery remains, because the photo of a similar bear either behind or being held by Karr as a child, which was sent to Tracey, has not been published yet. We cannot compare and see if they look identical.

I was not aware that Hunter put out a search for the JBR bear this week and has the answer. The last I read was that even though they knew it was a pageant prize, it disappeared and no one had it. Presumably then someone in the family or a friend did have it when Hunter put out the request for it.

The question is (regardless of the pageant prize explanation) whether Karr's childhood bear is related to the crime, looks the same, or is the same bear i.e. he brought it with him. I had not heard the part about the paw being cut off, and once having a heart on it. When and if we see the old photo of Karr and his bear it might clear up the confusion or it might not, if it does look identical.

On a site by someone named Ruth there is a big discussion about the clasp on the bear's waist being identical to one of JBR's earrings, one of which was found in the street in front of the house after the murder, and there is a picture showing her wearing the earrings. I don't see the simlarity in the clasp and the earring though. This is kind of a strange site with many pages of theories that to me are kind of off the wall, though it also has worthwhile probing discussion of various aspects of the case.

panthera said:
Really! They can't force themselves on the defendant. He has a capable attorney now who is licensed in the State of Colorado ~ which they aren't. This also could potentially be a capital punishment case, and neither one of them looked competent enough to handle it in the least!
:D
Exactly I am glad he has flicked them because the comments they were making were just not thought out. They did Karr a real diservice regarding his mental state . I agree with the Princess Fiona thing and the frowning on telly was driving me 'nuts'. Hope the 'new' guy has media savvy because he will need it.Have not seen him yet but Karr needs a really competant defender. I just do not know how they will ever find an unbiased jury.

kazzbar said:
Exactly I am glad he has flicked them because the comments they were making were just not thought out. They did Karr a real diservice regarding his mental state . I agree with the Princess Fiona thing and the frowning on telly was driving me 'nuts'. Hope the 'new' guy has media savvy because he will need it.Have not seen him yet but Karr needs a really competant defender. I just do not know how they will ever find an unbiased jury.
I agree that the two female lawyers were wrong for this case. They pushed themselves on him and he did talk with them but they jumped the gun in saying he hired them. Jamie was far too pushy, dramatic and irritating in her many recent interviews, clearly wanting the focus on herself, Patience barely speaking at all, and of course she blew his obvious insanity defense by saying what a brilliant guy he was. Absolutely out of their league with a cunning madman like this.

Regarding the unbiased jury question: yesterday on LKL it was said that many people in Boulder are intellectuals who don't watch tv or read tabloids. They would not even be watching LKL and would not be hearing all the breaking stories in the media. They feel confident that it will not be hard to get an unbiased jury.

This bear was just brought up on Court TV with the reporter Jean Kasaris (spelling?). She was asked about it and she said last week she asked Pam Paugh about the bear and was told they found out the bear was given to Jon Benet by a friend at a party shortly before she was murdered. Apparently the bear from the bed was found and given up to the investigators and the DA's office has it according to Jean K. So now we have a new story about the bear being given to JB by a friend.

aspidistra said:
I agree that the two female lawyers were wrong for this case. They pushed themselves on him and he did talk with them but they jumped the gun in saying he hired them. Jamie was far too pushy, dramatic and irritating in her many recent interviews, clearly wanting the focus on herself, Patience barely speaking at all, and of course she blew his obvious insanity defense by saying what a brilliant guy he was. Absolutely out of their league with a cunning madman like this.

Regarding the unbiased jury question: yesterday on LKL it was said that many people in Boulder are intellectuals who don't watch tv or read tabloids. They would not even be watching LKL and would not be hearing all the breaking stories in the media. They feel confident that it will not be hard to get an unbiased jury.
I hope that will be the case if this ever gets to the trial stage. Time will tell, won't it ?

I think I will work for the defense on this case. The more I hear, the more I think JMK is selling himself as the real killer. He apparently finally used the right kind of bait, and the Boulder D.A. JBR Task Force took it hook, line, and sinker, as they used to say.

I'm on the fence. There is so much information, controversial info, conflicting
'official' theory and conflicting unofficial theory that I just can't tell. I think it is possible, if they can disprove the alibi's that his family is giving him, I am likely to swing that he did it.
And things are not looking good for the family alibi's. The father insisting he was with them, the ex wife saying he was with her, nobody has any pictures and now the ex wife is slightly pulling back from it. Add that to the family selling the picture rights, and I just don't know how much I believe about the family alibis.
About the family....why would they sell the picture rights if they thought he was not guilty? I mean do they really think that anyone will want to make a movie of it if he is determinned to be a kook?

Ooooohhhhh, Too bad someone here can't write to Pam P to see if it was at the open house where JonBenet was given the bear. Her parents weren't at the open house, so maybe they wouldn't notice it was suddenly there. This was 3 days before she was killed.

She will be a witness, so would never talk to the gen public about it I don't think. But Dan Abrams might want to explore this with Pam.

You would think with a 10 year old case there would be oodles of info on this bear here. I can't find the JB Archives at CTV or here, and that is where we need to look. :banghead:

Scandi

MrsMush99 said:
Just the paw??? That's strange. You think they would bury a paw in the casket with her? I guess anything is possible.
Anything's possible, but that doesn't even sound right! Why "dismember" the toy bear?
:(

Buzzm1 said:
I'm beginning to think that JMK is a very clever person whose ultimate goal is to see if he can successfully pass himself off as JonBenet's killer. The driven Boulder D.A is going to have to be very careful; as much as she wants to convict someone, JMK may be leading her by the nose down a Primrose Path.
Scandi, NetSleuth posted this article some posts back: It's a Feb. 1, 1999 article about finding a similar bear. There was quite a bit of publicity on the bear at that time, so I am certain any JBR killer emulator had plenty of time to generate a photo from one of his childhood pictures, and a bear of the same type that was advertsied on the internet.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/01/jonbenet.bear.02/index.html

kazzbar said:
A local reporter was on the news last night, saying that even though this is a sophisticated, intellectual community, there are people who don't follow every bit of the news. Fortunately this murder is almost ten years old, so there may be people who are able to be on a jury who were only a little older than JonBenet when she was killed.
;)

This is kind of breaking news as I don't remember reading about it here.

On FOX just now, the Deputy District Attorney in Boulder stated there was a hard envelope package mailed to Tracey ahnd he thinks that is what has Mary confident about Karr. He said it could be something with DNA evidence on it.

Now, speculating, which is all we can do with so little info, could it be that JonBenet went up and put the Santa on her bed after that open house, and then when and if Karr went into the house that night to kidnap JonBenet and hold her captive, he removed that paw from the bear and took it with him? And in his last ditch effort to prove he was there when she died, sent the paw back to Tracey so show him he was telling the truth?

I could even see Karr attaching the pouch to the bear with one of her earings and taking the matching eaqring with him, then inadvertently dropping it in the street on his way in leaving.

I know it is a big fat stretch, but hey, what's a girl with a wild imagination that has been reading all day long suppose to do! LOL

Scandi

Buzzm1 said:
Scandi, NetSleuth posted this article some posts back: It's a Feb. 1, 1999 article about finding a similar bear. There was quite a bit of publicity on the bear at that time, so I am certain any JBR killer emulator had plenty of time to generate a photo from one of his childhood pictures, and a bear of the same type that was advertsied on the internet.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/01/jonbenet.bear.02/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/US/9902/01/jonbenet.bear.02/index.html
All this speculation about whether Karr is building an elaborate hoax because he is mentally ill - when it seems so much more likely that his mental state actually makes him fit the original profile of the pedophile intruder.

aspidistra said:
All this speculation about whether Karr is building an elaborate hoax because he is mentally ill - when it seems so much more likely that his mental state actually makes him fit the original profile of the pedophile intruder.
His profile NOW does fit the killer, but it didn't in December, 1996. He's come a long way (since then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome