Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzm1 said:
I wonder if this is a DNA case?? To find out who the father is?? Sorry Jamie, I just couldn't help myself.
OMG That is so funny. Thanks for the laugh! :p

JBean said:
CANNOT WAIT. I am leaving for the game around noon and then will stay there all night . My son leaves tomorrow as well from SD..so it is a busy weekend.

Bean.....they're blocking the game on TV here........didn't sell that many tickets! DANG

Just an aside........The only "letters" on my cars license plate are LTD....(LaDainian Tomlinson) and the car came that way! Is that cool or what!
Tonite's game will be interesting......
Have FUN!
xxxxxxoooooooo
mama :blowkiss:

southerngirl said:
The child *advertiser censored* charges and divorce from Lara were in 2001; JK served 6 months in jail, then disappeared overseas. I assume Xmas 2000 was the last Xmas with his family.

That makes sense.

LaMer said:
It was probably 'jelly'! :dance:

25p0rch.gif
25p0rit.jpg

Love_Mama said:
Bean.....they're blocking the game on TV here........didn't sell that many tickets! DANG

Just an aside........The only "letters" on my cars license plate are LTD....(LaDainian Tomlinson) and the car came that way! Is that cool or what!
Tonite's game will be interesting......
Have FUN!
xxxxxxoooooooo
mama :blowkiss:
oh boo now you cannot look for me on TV..
I'll have fun.
I am also seeing my son off to a semester a sea on Sunday and I miss him already.

Sorry I am the trouble making off topic poster.

On MSNBC: The Dynamic Duo are stepping aside. Apparently Jamie Harmon went to see him yesterday and they wouldn't let her.

Thank God for small favors. That woman didn't do him a bit of good. The pubic defender in Boulder said their office will be the only ones defending Karr. Tht Harmon woman is an ambulance chaser trying to insert herself into the case. I hope she doesn't wrangle her way back in. :sick:

MrsMush99 said:
On MSNBC: The Dynamic Duo are stepping aside. Apparently Jamie Harmon went to see him yesterday and they wouldn't let her.

Jovin said:
If the family had written him off and given him up for dead, as it's been reported, when was the last time he was with his kids ....at Xmas especially?

We're given the idea that he was very close to the kids and never spent a Xmas away from them, so when did that stop?
I don't think the Karr family has a clue about the real JMK. They didn't even know he was traveling all over the world and still can't figure out where he got the money to do it. If they didn't know he was out of the country why should we expect them to know when he was out of the state?

Attorneys vie over Karr
Public defender: His team on case, not California pair

Members of the media photograph Boulder public defender Seth Temin, at the wheel, as he leaves the Boulder County Jail after meeting Friday with John Mark Karr. Temin leads the team that will defend Karr, who was arrested in Thailand and extradited to the U.S.

Rocky Mountain News August 26, 2006
BOULDER - A turf war may be brewing over who will represent John Mark Karr, the man suspected of the 1996 murder of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.
Boulder's public defender emerged from a four-hour meeting Friday with Karr saying his office would act as Karr's defense.

"My team is the Colorado State Public Defender's Office," Seth Temin said outside the county jail. "There will be no other attorneys that are not part of the public defender's system on this case."

But two California lawyers, Patience Van Zandt and Jamie Harmon, say they're Karr's counsel.

Told shortly after landing in Denver late Friday that the public defender said that Harmon and Van Zandt were off the case, Harmon said, "They can do whatever they want."

Asked if she believed that her involvement is over, Harmon said, "I can't talk about any of that."

She then added: "I talked to my client at 11 a.m., and I'm on my way to see him now."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4946878,00.html

i_dont_chat said:
[size=+1]Man says he might have seen Karr in '96[/size]

By Todd Hartman, Rocky Mountain News
August 26, 2006
Boulder District Attorney investigator Mark Spray has contacted a man who believes he could have encountered the JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect on a bus in the early morning hours of Dec. 26, 1996. Daniel Pride, now of Portsmouth, N.H., said he was at the downtown bus station in Boulder sometime shortly after 12:30 a.m. when a man arrived, behaving strangely and bearing a resemblance to John Mark Karr, arrested last week in the case.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4946895,00.html

Oh boy here we go again!!! :banghead: :banghead: How many people supposedly saw Laci

Buzzm1 said:
So are we to believe that JMK took Greyhound?? 1500 miles each way?? That's gonna take awhile.

Saturday Morning, 26th, I just heard this on the TV. (Oops, got the wrong quote! Editing to say I meant to use the paragraph from the N.H. man! But everyone knows it by now so that's okay.)

Have to agree with whoever said if he wanted to board a plane at 9 AM Christmas morning, he would have. And maybe he rode a bike from the Rs' home to the bus stop, because there were some bike tracks we assumed were from a paper boy. There was no snow on the concrete, he may have noticed, so that he didn't leave footprints that we know of. BPD did take pictures of some that morning. Anyway, catching a bus reminds me so much of Lee Harvey Oswald. And why would he get off the bus just outside of town, nervous about the man who'd asked him for a light?

We know that thing he does with his eyes. Assuming for the moment all this is true, and he's the one, was he going to hitch hike after getting off the bus in the middle of nowhere in the wee hours? No wonder the witness would remember. Very strange.

Shiny red spot that looked like a stain on a western fleece vest? He hadn't looked down or looked in a mirror, huh? And was there an incident like this in the Lacy case or some other one, or have we discussed this particular one before, years ago when the man first contacted police? How would Karr have even known where the bus station was? There wouldn't likely be any taxi's cruising around at that hour would there?

and where?

The DA and/or the Public Defender can get a court order for one, can't they?

I like the idea that detectives took an unofficial sample, and the sample matched the DNA on record. This may well be the reason behind the Thailand arrest,

JDB said:
Oh boy here we go again!!! :banghead: :banghead: How many people supposedly saw Laci
Yes, but those people remebered seeing Laci after she was reported missing. This guy saw the strange man before we knew about Karr.
However, still a pretty long shot that it was him.

Eagle1 said:
Have to agree with whoever said if he wanted to board a plane at 9 AM Christmas morning, he would have. And maybe he rode a bike from the Rs' home to the bus stop, because there were some bike tracks we assumed were from a paper boy.
this new "eye witness" places him at the bus stop at 12:30 AM, and yet JMK says he was with JBR "all night". i am not buying this "witness" for a second. but i knew that if the media asked where the "witnesses" long enough, there would be a few who would make their presence known.

i had not been aware that a "bicycle" was ever reported missing regarding this case.

Another thing to consider in this 'witness who saw JMK at a bus stop'. First of all 10 years has elapsed. I would have difficulty even pinpointing a date for something I did 10 years previously, let alone remember a face of a stranger.
JMK's appearance has changed somewhat in 10 years. So was the 'person he remembers' a match to the current appearance or his appearance in the past? Somehow I just don't have a lot of faith in this witness.

I agree with the posters who are mentioning that Karr's family seem so adamant that he was with them on Christmas 1996. They don't know where he's been all these years. I find it hard to believe that Karr was a loving, attentive, great father that spent every moment with his kids and attended all family functions and then could just do the crazy things he's done and up and leave his family without any contact. His father thought he was dead. I don't buy it.

I think the family is is denial and shock. The don't want to admit how crazy Karr is.

I don't know. I used to work for a bank years ago and some crook came in and opened up an account with several stolen/forged checks. I had no idea they were a crook at the time. 3 years later, some detectives visited me at a new job (FBI I should say) and brought a book. They questioned me about opening the account and showed me copies of the checks and asked me if I could remember it. I did remember the transaction. They then had me look thru a book to see if I saw the person that opened the account 3 years later. I picked her right out. Because of that the woman plead guilty. I only saw the woman for a couple of minutes 3 years before so it is possible the guy would remember seeing an oddball at a bus station in the week hours of the morning.

MSNBC right now--Rita Cosby is in Karr's hometown,with people who say Karr was there in Xmas '96

There's a slight discrepancy in REPORTING what the N.H. witness said, bus station or bus stop, but if it's true what I just read in an email notification, and came here to check, that the Thailand DNA MATCHED (???) it's certainly possible that Karr was at either a bus stop, like Lee Harvey Oswald after JFK was murdered, or bus station.

I'd sooner believe anyone's version than Karr's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome