Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Cosby is actually talking to a guy who says he saw Karr in Boulder Dec 26--his name is Daniel Pride

Peter Hamilton said:
EDIT: Cosby is actually talking to a guy who says he saw Karr in Boulder Dec 26--his name is Daniel Pride
Is this the guy that reported him to LE after seeing him at the bus stop?

Zelda said:
and where?

The DA and/or the Public Defender can get a court order for one, can't they?

I like the idea that detectives took an unofficial sample, and the sample matched the DNA on record. This may well be the reason behind the Thailand arrest,

Wow, Zelda! Is this true? It MATCHED? Got a source?

I didn't watch the news very long, but didn't hear it, at least not yet. That would be extremely big news.

The man that saw Karr at the bus stop in Boulder is on msnbc right now on the phone with rita Cosby. He sounds very believable. He said he could not stand up in court and swear it was him but in his heart he does beieve it was him. I hope he repeats the story later.

MSNBC : Daniel Pride claims saw Karr on the night of the murder on a bus from Boulder to Denver. Saw a reddish stain on his clothing....on the left side of chest by shoulder. He has spoken to authorities.

Yeah but that letter does not mention JMK being their. Just says 'thank you for having US' for Christmas. No mention of Karr himself. Its still a mystery. I sure hope the DNA shows something.

Peter Hamilton said:
MSNBC--letter says Karr's brother clears Karr-says thanks for a great time at Christmas
Peter, is the letter, to, or from, Karr?? If it is from him, that is the handwriting I want compared to the Ransom Note.

Buzzm1 said:
Peter, is the letter, to, or from, Karr?? If it is from him, that is the handwriting I want compared to the Ransom Note.
*nods in agreement*

That, and his school records when he was enrolled in 1996.

The letter was written by his wife Lara to someone in the family. It shows that lara and the kids were there but there is no proof John was with them. His name wasn't mentioned.

MrsMush99 said:
What do you think about the PD wanting suppress all previous DNA samples??? Does this mean something?

It means he is doing his job as a defense attorney.

Jack,you're right--Karr's defense lawyer is just doing his job--but for us impatient ones he's a killjoy:)

chiquita2 said:
Yeah but that letter does not mention JMK being their. Just says 'thank you for having US' for Christmas. No mention of Karr himself. Its still a mystery. I sure hope the DNA shows something.

What could he mean by "US"?

If it was any of his family, no wonder they're vehemently claiming to have been somewhere else. An accomplice maybe? But they didn't leave together? Some young guy was seen running across the back of the Rs' property in the wee hours, and his superficial explanation was accepted. I can't remember what book.

Editing to add that I just saw Chiquita's post that Lara had written the Christmas Thank-you to someone, didn't mention Karr.

Hi Jovin, I just had to say Hi and tell you I think that gal of yours is about the funniest I have ever seen. Hilarious!

I was going to say I almost fainted when I heard she was preggers as it would be about the last thing I would ever expect her to be! :slap: LOL Is there a link Baa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Hee Hee :p :p :p :p

About Mr Pride, I thought it odd he first said he asked for a ciggie and then said he asked many people for a light. Maybe he asked for both.

Scandi

lighthouselover said:
Hey, "leave the driving to us"!

Seriously, doesn't Tracey have a connection with Rocky Mountain News?

Spray wanted to know what Pride was wearing on the same night, said Pride, who said he thought he could obtain the information from friends who had photos of a gathering that Pride attended on Christmas of 1996.

Are these more pictures we're going to have to wait for?

Now, considering that JMK looks decidedly different today than he did in the home video of 1993, what did he look like in 1996?

This Pride fellow probably doesn't realize that if he has to look at photos to remember what he himself was wearing then his detailed recallection (sp?) of what someone he only saw for a few minutes was wearing is certainly suspect. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out. His memory was being tested and he failed. End of story.

chiquita2 said:
The letter was written by his wife Lara to someone in the family. It shows that lara and the kids were there but there is no proof John was with them. His name wasn't mentioned.

Right, so how that exonerates Karr, I don't know. :waitasec:

chiquita2 said:

So you have a woman who divorced this freak and who distrusted/disliked him enough to go through the trouble of making sure he did not have any visitation with his children and she is saying that he was with her and their family during all Christmasses for the length of their marraige. And now there is supposedly a letter written by her thanking some member of his family for their hospitality in '96 and somehow you thnk it doesn't mean anything other than she and her children were with his family at Christmas. I just think that idea is really a stretch. I'm having a really difficult time understanding why there are so many people who can't seem to accept that it is more likely that Boulder didn't do their homework than it is that karr is JB's murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—