Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure anything happened that night. To me, it was more of a "butter him up" kind of deal. In an area where most motels/hotels run $50.00 a night~~they take him to the most expensive and exclusive place in the area. Obviously, Barb and BD could never afford to stay there on their own. To me, it was to get BD in their court by buttering him up. Of course, JMO.

ETA: Website
http://foxhillsresort.com/
Great point!
Buttering them up & making them feel like " hey, we are truly on YOUR side "
Puke is right😝
Reiterating Missys point when she said LE had the family convinced Brendan was more a witness than suspect.
This.
All of it.
Still so many unanswered questions.
IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would also like to see a link that states or confirms that his bedroom was rearranged between Monday and Friday. I do recall Jodi saying something about the bed being by the window at some point, but she wouldn't know if it was on the Monday because she was in jail and had been there for awhile I think. She didn't get out until sometime in 2006, I vaguely recall that in MaM.

I have found that having a read of BD's trial transcripts to be very informative. Weigert gives specific details as to why they believe SA rearranged his bedroom in the days following Teresa's murder and the discovery of the Rav 4. He also explains about the hairs, not fur, that was found. You can find the transcripts here...

http://jenniferjslate.com/2016/01/06/brendan-dassey-confession-and-trial-transcripts/

If I remember correctly there was a conflict of interest with a few members on SA's jury. I'm not sure if the same holds true for BD's appointed jury members or not. IMO that's a HUGE reason to question the jury's decision and compare other cases.

What conflict of interest are you referring to?

Citing other cases to reference how a specific law was applied is much different to using the result in another case as evidence in this case imo.

Regarding the Fox Hills resort, BJ was with BD the whole time. IIRC Weigert did not go there that night. Fassbender went there to ask BD about the stained jeans because someone, possibly ST, had told him about them if I'm not mistaken. I think I remember reading something in the CASO files.

I have found that having a read of BD's trial transcripts to be very informative. Weigert gives specific details as to why they believe SA rearranged his bedroom in the days following Teresa's murder and the discovery of the Rav 4. He also explains about the hairs, not fur, that was found. You can find the transcripts here...

http://jenniferjslate.com/2016/01/06/brendan-dassey-confession-and-trial-transcripts/

You had stated in a post that the bedroom furniture was rearranged between Monday and Friday, I wanted to see a link to it. The link you have provided, provides numerous links and since I have repeatedly provided direct links over the last 9 months, I was just asking for the same courtesy. I haven't had time to go looking for it, and probably won't have time to hunt it down for a few days, but thanks anyway :rolleyes:

It's interesting that I don't recall it being brought up in SA's trial. Could it be that they didn't need to explain why BD had the bedroom furniture in the wrong place in his "confession"? The furniture moving makes much more sense than Brendan didn't have a clue what he was talking about and made it all up :rolleyes:

JMO

Bringing this over from Zeller tweet...[h=1]Homicide detective’s book describes ‘How the Police Generate False Confessions’[/h]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/10/20/homicide-detectives-book-describes-how-the-police-generate-false-confessions/?tid=sm_tw

You had stated in a post that the bedroom furniture was rearranged between Monday and Friday, I wanted to see a link to it. The link you have provided, provides numerous links and since I have repeatedly provided direct links over the last 9 months, I was just asking for the same courtesy. I haven't had time to go looking for it, and probably won't have time to hunt it down for a few days, but thanks anyway :rolleyes:

It's interesting that I don't recall it being brought up in SA's trial. Could it be that they didn't need to explain why BD had the bedroom furniture in the wrong place in his "confession"? The furniture moving makes much more sense than Brendan didn't have a clue what he was talking about and made it all up :rolleyes:

JMO

I too was being courteous. Those links are very relevant to this particular thread. Weigert testified over several days and I do not recall what days they were, let alone on what day he said what. Anyways, enough navel-gazing and back to the case.

I'm not sure why they would have needed to raise the issue at SA's trial. I believe it was raised at BD's trial to prove how remarkably accurate his confession was and it was this particular issue that JS testified to. Her testimony backed up BD's description.

JS' testimony can also be found via those links and I do not recall what day though they were both witnesses for the prosecution.

For anyone interested in the BD trial transcripts and/or the recorded interviews, there is a stickied thread here on the forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298294-Documents-Brendan-Dassey-*No-Discussion*

Jodi testified on Day 3. She said the bedroom was arranged differently before she went to jail in August, 2 + months before October 31st. Other reports show that she went to jail around the 15th of August.

Wiegert testifies on day 4, 5 and 6. On Day 5 I was able to find a part where he is discussing the bedroom furniture. From what I understand, because we don't have the visual of the pictures they were showing, they had an exhibit made (like the cartoon one's in SA's trial) that combined what Jodi and what Brendan told them, apparently they didn't match either.

So I still don't get how it is "proven" that SA moved that bedroom around between Monday and Friday. I guess if you believe everything in BD's statements, that is one logical conclusion. However, if you don't, and I don't, then it helps prove that Brendan was not in that bedroom on Monday October 31st, 2005. JMO

Ultimately, I don't understand what the big deal would be anyway. Even if he did move stuff... the bed frame was still there. The mattress was still there. The bedding was still there. The carpet was still there. The walls were still there. The desk was still there. The nightstands were still there. The guns were still there. The mess was still there. You know what was not there? Teresa's DNA. There was no marks on the bedposts where she was supposedly handcuffed, no blood, no dna, no hair, nothing.

For anyone interested in the BD trial transcripts and/or the recorded interviews, there is a stickied thread here on the forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298294-Documents-Brendan-Dassey-*No-Discussion*

Jodi testified on Day 3. She said the bedroom was arranged differently before she went to jail in August, 2 + months before October 31st. Other reports show that she went to jail around the 15th of August.

Wiegert testifies on day 4, 5 and 6. On Day 5 I was able to find a part where he is discussing the bedroom furniture. From what I understand, because we don't have the visual of the pictures they were showing, they had an exhibit made (like the cartoon one's in SA's trial) that combined what Jodi and what Brendan told them, apparently they didn't match either.

So I still don't get how it is "proven" that SA moved that bedroom around between Monday and Friday. I guess if you believe everything in BD's statements, that is one logical conclusion. However, if you don't, and I don't, then it helps prove that Brendan was not in that bedroom on Monday October 31st, 2005. JMO

Ultimately, I don't understand what the big deal would be anyway. Even if he did move stuff... the bed frame was still there. The mattress was still there. The bedding was still there. The carpet was still there. The walls were still there. The desk was still there. The nightstands were still there. The guns were still there. The mess was still there. You know what was not there? Teresa's DNA. There was no marks on the bedposts where she was supposedly handcuffed, no blood, no dna, no hair, nothing.
:yeahthat:

:goodpost:

Excellent points, missy! About the supposed bedroom clean up one would think that if a vicious rape and assault (since they say she was MURDERED in the garage) happened in that bedroom then SA would have, at the LEAST, had to replace the mattress and bedding and destroy the original blood stained ones. Instead, he decides to leave the original items along with a lot of dust. But most surprising of all, LE took the mattress and bedding and handcuffs into evidence and found NO trace of TH's DNA. They found no DNA on the cuffs and decided they didn't even need to test the mattress and bedding??? Why take it into evidence but not test it? Did they actually test it but not finding the evidence they wanted they then decide to not put the test results in the reports?
Everything in that investigation is so strange it blows my mind. :dunno: All JMO, of course.

JMO

Had these guys interviewed Brendan BEFORE 2/27? Recorded or not?

yep, November 5th (recorded) and then I believe again later in November, possibly with Barb. I could be mistaken and it might have been Blaine. I know at one point they met with one or more of the boys with Barb and were yelling at them, in a restaurant. I don't think I'm imagining that, maybe someone else can chime in if they recall that as well?

Isn't Dassey's coerced confession a moot point anymore when the Magistrate Judge overturned Dassey's conviction because of that fact that was found in the case? It's all Inadmissable. I'm sure the judge didn't take the matter lightly in doing what he did to overturn BD's conviction. Dassey's constitutional right was violated.
And unless something happens to change that, then the Judge's decision stands. I guess people can banter back and forth about it but it doesn't change anything. JMO.

Perhaps the part you read was the cross examination by the defense? As defense attorney's do, they attempt to discredit the witness when it doesn't look good for their client imo.

7e58e734f7f1403c39b82088f0469280.jpg

2cd944ee20cb5c10f1076a2bbf661a1f.jpg

In my opinion the rearranging of furniture, particulary the bed coupled with the lack of '100s' of hairs found on the carpet that we apparently shed everyday, just goes to show the extent that SA went to in those 5 days to hide his evil deed.

The absence of blood etc is not proof that she was not there. There was also a lack of blood etc on the carpet in the boot area of the Rav 4 but...we know she was there so that argument is not a strong one imo.

Isn't Dassey's coerced confession a moot point anymore when the Magistrate Judge overturned Dassey's conviction because of that fact that was found in the case? It's all Inadmissable. I'm sure the judge didn't take the matter lightly in doing what he did to overturn BD's conviction. Dassey's constitutional right was violated.
And unless something happens to change that, then the Judge's decision stands. I guess people can banter back and forth about it but it doesn't change anything. JMO.
It wasn't a moot point in the almost 11 years before Duffin's decision so why should it be considered one now?

Do you mean Fassbender & Weigert? If so, I don't think they did. The Nov 5 & 6 interviews were done in Marinette County by local LE.

Perhaps the part you read was the cross examination by the defense? As defense attorney's do, they attempt to discredit the witness when it doesn't look good for their client imo.

7e58e734f7f1403c39b82088f0469280.jpg

2cd944ee20cb5c10f1076a2bbf661a1f.jpg

In my opinion the rearranging of furniture, particulary the bed coupled with the lack of '100s' of hairs found on the carpet that we apparently shed everyday, just goes to show the extent that SA went to in those 5 days to hide his evil deed.

The absence of blood etc is not proof that she was not there. There was also a lack of blood etc on the carpet in the boot area of the Rav 4 but...we know she was there so that argument is not a strong one imo.

Limaes, answer me this please if you don't mind:

Was TH murdered in the bedroom or the garage?

SBM for space.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9dpNu3jLO3teU0wN21pUHpBRWc/view Page 46 it starts, to get the complete understanding I couldn't just copy it. They were clarifying and presenting the discrepancies between BD's drawing and the exhibit, and again, if we had the visual pictures I believe it would help, but we don't. What I gather from the testimony is that both Brendan and Jodi said the bed was on a different wall.... but they weren't the same either, and if I understand the testimony correctly without the pictures, Brendan's drawing does not match their animation one (or cartoon one).

I don't doubt that Brendan at some time saw the bed where it was. What I don't know for sure is that it was there on the Monday, because, I don't believe a word of Brendan's "confession", so IMO, the kid was just relaying what he had seen in the past and it actually reinforces my thought that he wasn't there at all on the Monday. Jodi.... well Jodi hadn't been in her own bedroom since August, because she was in jail.

Lack of blood in the boot (cargo area) of the RAV4? there was blood there? so I'm confused? IMO there was a carpet there that was probably removed when her body was, which probably had more blood. There was blood on the side panel and on the carpet IIRC, and there was spatter on the inside of the door too that belonged to TH.

As for the extent to what SA did to clean his room.... seriously.... look at his headboard.... I could write a note in that dust. JMO

exhibit-Avery-bed-1-150x150.jpg

ETA: direct link to the picture http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/exhibit-Avery-bed-1.jpg

yep, November 5th (recorded) and then I believe again later in November, possibly with Barb. I could be mistaken and it might have been Blaine. I know at one point they met with one or more of the boys with Barb and were yelling at them, in a restaurant. I don't think I'm imagining that, maybe someone else can chime in if they recall that as well?

The reason I ask is because I watch and I listen and I read. I have always felt detectives threatened Brendan. Yep. I think before tapes were ever turned on..be it a video or audio recording, LE said SOMETHING in such a way that Brendan did the best he knew how to " HELP " them or else..and IMO only Brendan Dassey knows/heard the " or else "

Quoting something said in the 2/27 interview at the school BBM ( I know..ONE thing,,lol )
" We're not here ta, ta jump in your face or get into ya, or anything like that. I know that may have happened before and stuff like that, we're, we're not here to do that. "

So this was Fassbender at the school on the 27th ( AFTER he had already interviewed him HOW MANY times? ) HAD a LEO " got into BD or jumped in his face " prior to this?:thinking:

The reason I ask is because I watch and I listen and I read. I have always felt detectives threatened Brendan. Yep. I think before tapes were ever turned on..be it a video or audio recording, LE said SOMETHING in such a way that Brendan did the best he knew how to " HELP " them or else..and IMO only Brendan Dassey knows/heard the " or else "

Quoting something said in the 2/27 interview at the school BBM ( I know..ONE thing,,lol )
" We're not here ta, ta jump in your face or get into ya, or anything like that. I know that may have happened before and stuff like that, we're, we're not here to do that. "

So this was Fassbender at the school on the 27th ( AFTER he had already interviewed him HOW MANY times? ) HAD a LEO " got into BD or jumped in his face " prior to this?:thinking:

This is how coerced confessions often work. There is always an unofficial interview before the recorded official interview. That is how crooked cops solve cases. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107