Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even easier if there was more than one perp. I would think two men could have whisked her out of there very quickly and quietly.

I noticed a wooded area near the girls' house (across the street). Surely, they searched it well. They did make a thorough search of the house, Right?!

The girl they found down in the crawl space comes to mind in this case. She was right there and it was the reason the dogs never tracked anywhere other than the apartment building, imo. Yet...LE overlooked her in the initial searches.

Extra hands might explain why they took the bear also. As for searching the house well. I certainly hope so!

I noticed a wooded area near the girls' house (across the street). Surely, they searched it well. They did make a thorough search of the house, Right?!

The girl they found down in the crawl space comes to mind in this case. She was right there and it was the reason the dogs never tracked anywhere other than the apartment building, imo. Yet...LE overlooked her in the initial searches.

SS, Oh, what a horrible thought that she could be there all along. Can you remember the name of the girl that you're referring too? How long ago was that? I sort of remember something about that case.

It was right around Christmas that they found Leah Hickman in a crawl space at Marshall in WV.

Your welcome SS, even though I don't post much I'm always reading this board. I really enjoy your insights and all that you bring to WS.

:doh: Good grief, of course I remember who she is, I guess my mind is on over load. Thanks for refreshing it.

Interesting theory. I had not thought about it being more than one person involved.

Wasn't there a case down south this summer where two guys pulled a teenage girl from her bed thru her window and, threw her in a car trunk while her family all slept? One covered her mouth while the other helped pull her out. Nobody heard anything and the poor kid was found wandering miles away. Anyway when I read about Brianna it was the first thing I thought of.

Interesting theory. I had not thought about it being more than one person involved.
That would make a lot of sense here and explain how the teddy bear got out of the house too. Do we yet know if the door was left unlocked while the girls were out that night? I'm just wondering if someone could've been in the house all the time, or is it big enough for someone(s) to hide in?

I asked if KT left her bedroom door unlocked for Jessica and was told, "YES."

We can guess that the front door was unlocked since that was the norm, but I don't know for sure.

Easily someone(s) could hide upstairs or down.

Absolutely nothing, I've looked at every news station. You would think that since FBI are involved, plus local LE and family has hired 2 private investigators, somebody would find something! I'm getting really nervous.

This is crazy. When I heard that they "always" left the door open, for some reason I thought they meant that they would leave it unlocked as long as they were home so that they wouldn't have to keep going to the door to let people in. But really it is literally unlocked all of the time, even when other roommates go out of town?!? You know when I was in college I would sometimes accidentally leave my keys in the door or had crazy careless roommates, but this is really odd that they had no concern and remained oblivious to the crimes that had already happened to other people in that very same neighborhood.

They weren't even worried about any of their belongings in the kitchen and living room areas being stolen or vandalized? In Mark Fuhrman's video it looks like a very nice place, they even had a full size washer and dryer laundry room. That is lovely that they locked their individual doors, but it is beyond me how they didn't realize that something else could happen in another area of the house. They treated this house like it was a dorm, everyone was only responsible for protecting their own individual room. Why even rent a house then?

I agree with someone else who said that this completely opens up the possibility now that someone was already waiting in that house, especially someone who may have seen the male roommates packed their cars and leave earlier. It could even be an acquaintance of the male roommate(s), he would know about the door lock situation and maybe even know whether KT slept through noise.

I agree with someone else who said that this completely opens up the possibility now that someone was already waiting in that house, especially someone who may have seen the male roommates packed their cars and leave earlier. It could even be an acquaintance of the male roommate(s), he would know about the door lock situation and maybe even know whether KT slept through noise.
First of all, I love your nic and Cold Case is one of my favorites! :) Good point about the 2 male roommates being gone and someone could've used this as the perfect opportunity. I just can't imagine all those glass doors and no blinds covering them, and doors left unlocked.

I'm sorry if it has already been posted, but does anyone have a source for the statement that the boyfriend was in Reno that night?

My understanding that he was in Oregon or Washington, I think.

i looked back to see if i could figure out where i heard this....it was her Aunt, but now i see from teacherBonnie that the aunt must have been wrong, & that LE says he wasn't in Reno, & has been cleared....

since boyfriends have been cleared, i'm at a loss.....seems LE is too...

I understand and agree. Just seemed like an odd way to say it, but that's just me.

At first I thought it was odd also, than I realized what was going on. MY bulb doesn't burn quite as bright anymore! :laugh:

Evidence obtained from the scene of Brianna Denison’s disappearance included DNA genetic samples. After analysis by the Washoe County Crime Lab, a positive link has been established between this case and a Kidnap and Sexual Assault case that occurred at a nearby residence on December 16, 2007 @ 2:05 a.m. The victim in the December case was also the victim of a recent (1/19/08) attempted burglary at her residence in the 1400 block of N. Virginia St. On November 13, 2007 shortly after 5:00 p.m., an unknown suspect sexually attacked a UNR student who was walking to her home in the neighborhood. That case is also being investigated as being possibly connected to those already mentioned. (more at link)
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/14469877.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member