Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reno Police Department and the FBI are continuing to investigate the disappearance of Brianna Denison and the following information is being provided as part of a request for additional assistance:

Evidence obtained from the scene of Brianna Denison’s disappearance included DNA genetic samples. After analysis by the Washoe County Crime Lab, a positive link has been established between this case and a Kidnap and Sexual Assault case that occurred at a nearby residence on December 16, 2007 @ 2:05 a.m. The victim in the December case was also the victim of a recent (1/19/08) attempted burglary at her residence in the 1400 block of N. Virginia St. On November 13, 2007 shortly after 5:00 p.m., an unknown suspect sexually attacked a UNR student who was walking to her home in the neighborhood. That case is also being investigated as being possibly connected to those already mentioned.

Additionally, detectives have learned of new information relative to these three mentioned cases which is being distributed to the public. This information is relative to a possible suspect vehicle and a suspect description which are as follows:

Suspect vehicle: Extended cab pick-up truck or SUV, dome light above the windshield, tall enough that it requires a step up to gain entry, floor-mounted console that was described as “fairly skinny” that opens in front, blue and red LED read-out on the radio, cloth seats, automatic transmission. There was a baby shoe on the front seat floor board. There were 8 ½” x 11” white pieces of paper with typing on the floor board of the front seat.
Suspect: White male, approximately 28 - 40 years, long face with a square chin, taller than 5’6” but not excessively so, very strong but not with a significantly muscular build, a belly that was described as not excessively large and firm but not flabby, an “innie” belly button, a light covering of hair on his arms, no jewelry or a watch, facial hair about a quarter to a half an inch long below his chin and was soft and not prickly as stubble normally is, unknown if he had a mustache, brown head hair of undetermined style, normal speech with no accent or regional dialect, no smoker’s breath, no alcohol, no bad breath, no cologne or after-shave.
Suspect clothing at the time of the Kidnap/Sexual assault: red (not maroon) short sleeve shirt described as being made of material similar in feel to a Fubu jersey-type shirt (silk/rayon/polyester type) with a medium blue-colored neckline, short printed (possibly embroidered) word on the upper left breast area, another shirt underneath with wrist-length sleeves, unknown color pants – regular length – not jeans. The pants reminded the victim of basketball pants as the material was smooth but they made no noise when he moved and they had an elastic waist band and no zipper.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/14469877.html

First of all, I love your nic and Cold Case is one of my favorites! :) Good point about the 2 male roommates being gone and someone could've used this as the perfect opportunity. I just can't imagine all those glass doors and no blinds covering them, and doors left unlocked.

Thanks, I love that show too. Although, I've missed the last season or two.

I hope that the police are speaking to friends and acquaintances of the male roommates and not just people associated with the girls. I agree with you about the lack of blinds or anything on the glass doors. It's probably nice to have sunlight streaming in like that, but at night that's just too much exposure.

Lol, Panthera. You and I cross posted. The description is pretty specific isn't it? I hope that leads to a quick arrest.

i agree, i find it an odd thing to say also.....i guess, since they're under a lot of stress, it's possible it just come out that way....

It does sound odd. But my first thought was that maybe it was just too scary to say, "stay alive!" So, they just blurted out something that sounded more positive.

Thanks for the update Suzie and Panthera. I guess they are pretty close on someone's trail after all.

Lol, Panthera. You and I cross posted. The description is pretty specific isn't it? I hope that leads to a quick arrest.
I struggled to get that posted too. My black cat was sitting on the desk almost on top of my mouse. :) It sounds like he was wearing some type of athletic outfit at the time of the assault. Now it seems we know too whose blood was left on the pillow! FNC just reported the update too.

I struggled to get that posted too. My black cat was sitting on the desk almost on top of my mouse. :) It sounds like he was wearing some type of athletic outfit at the time of the assault. Now it seems we know too whose blood was left on the pillow! FNC just reported the update too.

I wonder what and where his DNA came from? The only thing we are missing is a license plate number. Seriously, someone has to know who this guy is. I thought the below quote was very interesting.

People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing this type of crime and he may not necessary have a violent criminal history.

Evidence obtained from the scene of Brianna Denison’s disappearance included DNA genetic samples. After analysis by the Washoe County Crime Lab, a positive link has been established between this case and a Kidnap and Sexual Assault case that occurred at a nearby residence on December 16, 2007 @ 2:05 a.m. The victim in the December case was also the victim of a recent (1/19/08) attempted burglary at her residence in the 1400 block of N. Virginia St. On November 13, 2007 shortly after 5:00 p.m., an unknown suspect sexually attacked a UNR student who was walking to her home in the neighborhood. That case is also being investigated as being possibly connected to those already mentioned. (more at link)
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/14469877.html

OK, we're getting somewhere now!...gosh, would be great is she were alive, but i fear the worst..

great descriptions of the vehicle, inside the vehicle & of the suspect driving the vehicle!!!

I wonder what and where his DNA came from? The only thing we are missing is a license plate number. Seriously, someone has to know who this guy is. I thought the below quote was very interesting.

People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing this type of crime and he may not necessary have a violent criminal history.
Maybe Brianna bit his arm? What I found disturbing too is that it seems he has a small child!

Read it fast, was so glad to see new news! Sooooo...perp left DNA at KT'S and it matches with DNA from the assault victim? This is the victim that LE told us just couldn't be connected??? He did escalate then.

Maybe Brianna bit his arm? What I found disturbing too is that it seems he has a small child!

That's very disturbing. Interesting that the first victim had an attempted burglary hours before Brianna was taken. He's very bold.

i am really confused. i thought brianna was asleep on the couch with a dog sleeping near her in the room - why didn't that dog bark? how did her purse and cellphone get there if she hadn't been there?

That's very disturbing. Interesting that the first victim had an attempted burglary hours before Brianna was taken. He's very bold.
I went back and reread the article we posted and it does say that it was Brianna's blood on the pillow, so my mistake there thinking maybe she bit him. I'll agree he seems quite bold.

i am really confused. i thought brianna was asleep on the couch with a dog sleeping near her in the room - why didn't that dog bark? how did her purse and cellphone get there if she hadn't been there?

It appears that Brianna was abducted from the front room as originally thought, leaving her items behind.

I think the dog was in KT's bedroom. Maybe the dog got used to people coming in and out the front door and wouldn't be alarmed.

Dog was sleeping in another room.

She WAS there and all belongings were left there.

Maybe the perp really knew that neighborhood well...including watching the male roommates pack up for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties