Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it...almost sick to my stomach. Here I posted a week or so ago about the Reno area (used to live there and just moved away in Nov out of state). I stopped looking here on teh message boards as I thought the case would be unsolved...
Then I hear on the news a body was found. It was found ACROSS THE STREET FROM WHERE I USED TO WORK! I am not kidding, that is NOT, I repeat, NOT a desolate area. To give you an idea, the place I used to work, (don't want to mention for privacy reasons) employed probably 1500-2000 employees....that had to drive by that site EVERY MORNING and night. That dump area is off a cut thru road that connects the street to my old work (busy) and another even busier road. In fact, I have jogged down that cut thru road and along a path there several times. This gives me the willies. To answer someone's question, I have a good feeling this guy works in this area. For all I know, he could have worked at my old employer. It is one of the largest employers in town. There are graveyard shifts there - take note. This person knows this area. Odd thing is, it REALLY is not hidden...it is busy and out in the open. I beleive he dumped her from this cross road (sand hill) This cross road is not very long. Also, to answer someones question, this is NOT close to where she was abducted. This is a business park where she was found. Mapquest may say it is 8-10 miles so that sounds close but in reality, it's worlds apart. This area of town, this South Meadows Business Park area is full of businesses, mostly newer, profitable companies, sprinkled with little mom and pop (tai kwon do) sandwich shops, boutiques, dry cleaners, etc to service all the commuters. I still am in shock. How many times have I run by this spot, never mind driven by! Once again, I am so glad I moved out of state. Poor family, poor girl.

Here is a map showing the distance from where Brianna was taken to where the body was found today.

Here is a map of where the body was found. It was in the field that's on the SW corner of the intersection. I'm going to try to diagram the area that was roped off when I went by.

Here is a map of where the body was found. I highlighted in red the area that was surrounded by yellow tape (as best as I could tell), and I highlighted in green where all the TV news trucks were parked.

Good work . Thanks!

Do you know what the building is to the west of the lot- at the corner of Prototype and Gateway?

My prayers go to Brianna and her family. I am so sorry for what they have had to experience at the the hands of this horrible monster.

I can't believe it...almost sick to my stomach. Here I posted a week or so ago about the Reno area (used to live there and just moved away in Nov out of state). I stopped looking here on teh message boards as I thought the case would be unsolved...
Then I hear on the news a body was found. It was found ACROSS THE STREET FROM WHERE I USED TO WORK! I am not kidding, that is NOT, I repeat, NOT a desolate area. To give you an idea, the place I used to work, (don't want to mention for privacy reasons) employed probably 1500-2000 employees....that had to drive by that site EVERY MORNING and night. That dump area is off a cut thru road that connects the street to my old work (busy) and another even busier road. In fact, I have jogged down that cut thru road and along a path there several times. This gives me the willies. To answer someone's question, I have a good feeling this guy works in this area. For all I know, he could have worked at my old employer. It is one of the largest employers in town. There are graveyard shifts there - take note. This person knows this area. Odd thing is, it REALLY is not hidden...it is busy and out in the open. I beleive he dumped her from this cross road (sand hill) This cross road is not very long. Also, to answer someones question, this is NOT close to where she was abducted. This is a business park where she was found. Mapquest may say it is 8-10 miles so that sounds close but in reality, it's worlds apart. This area of town, this South Meadows Business Park area is full of businesses, mostly newer, profitable companies, sprinkled with little mom and pop (tai kwon do) sandwich shops, boutiques, dry cleaners, etc to service all the commuters. I still am in shock. How many times have I run by this spot, never mind driven by! Once again, I am so glad I moved out of state. Poor family, poor girl.

Good information, Katherine. I was thinking when I looked at 's maps that the perp must be comfortable in that area, given the size and number of businesses in the area. :( I agree- poor Brianna!

Seriously Searching- I just saw your post (#385) and I am in complete agreement with what you said.

Thank you that helped me alot...
I'm just catching up on this case!

Here is a map showing the distance from where Brianna was taken to where the body was found today.

Here is a map of where the body was found. It was in the field that's on the SW corner of the intersection. I'm going to try to diagram the area that was roped off when I went by.

Here is a map of where the body was found. I highlighted in red the area that was surrounded by yellow tape (as best as I could tell), and I highlighted in green where all the TV news trucks were parked.

Thanks, . I'm a bit surprised that she was so close to businesses and the street. I was so hoping for a different outcome.

Here is a link to pictures of the area.

I've had a busy day and just got to this thread. I am so saddened. The latest from fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330862,00.html
Police cordoned off a field where the body of a woman was found Friday but declined to speculate whether the body was that of missing 19-year-old college student Brianna Denison.
The body was found about noon in the brush-covered field on the city's south side near a light industrial area, Reno police spokesman Steve Frady said.
About 45 law enforcement and crime lab personnel, including an FBI agent, were at the scene, which covers about two acres, he said.

ok, looked at the maps and its actually at the other end of Sand hill then I was thinking...we're talking about only maybe 100-200 yards is the total length of sand hill road. So it's still relative. I am not so sure of what I said earlier about him knowing this dumping area. Here's why. If he knew this area, he would have known that just down the road - away from teh freeway, were more remote dirt lots with very few business bldgs on them. The business park is big and then continues on to residential. It is still being built out. There were LOTS and LOTS of places he coud have dumped that were LOTS LOTS more remote. I am wondering if maybe he didn't know this area well? Looks like he was on Double R and then quickly turned in to Sand Hill, parked and dumped the body. Apparently, it was only a car lengths away into the field from teh road. This is VERY quick access from teh freeway. it's a quick exit off the highway and then you come upon Gateway which is too much retail and activity (gas stations open at night, banks with cameras), next intersection is a big one, this is Double R. He would have taken that road and the first "little side road" would have been sand hill. I think he got scared and made a quick dump. Then I think the snow buried everything for a while until the 60 degree whether the other day melted everything.
That building on the corner of Prototype and Gateway is a company (can't remember name) but it was never really busy. Very few if any cars, course, that could have changed by now. I'll ask my firends who still work there...I'll bet it was crazy there today.
Anway, I hope they catch this creep so her family can get some closure.

Still trying to catch up here. So the body was located because a tip was called in? Who called it in? Did they just happen upon the scene or did they know of it before?

Yes, that's the thing, on a spring like day, LOTS and LOTS of us would go out for a walk to that pond you see in the pic's right across the way. Tehre is a walking path around it. There are sandwich shops in those 2 rectangular bldgs on sand hill rd - Ricks deli. Lots of walkers at lunch. I can't remember if there is a path thru that field but I'll bet the body could be seen from teh sidewalk.
I think if they can pinpoint a time of death they can get security cameras from either the Wells fargo at the corner of Gateway and South meadows or at any number of gas stations etc or even the newer office bldgs. I think that office bldg that is smaller on the opposite side of Double R is a newish build and thus, might have cameras.

Reports I saw were that it was a group of people walking back from lunch, cutting through the field, that found the body and called 911.

What a horrible thing to come across. BTW, thanks for all of the info you have provided.

Just emailed my friend asking what the scuttlebutt is at work and if it was an employee walking at lunch. Rumor mill is usually ripe there so hopefully we'll hear something. An eerie feeling came over me and I said it ti my friend in the email...I hope this creep doesn't work there@!!!! They keep mentioning my company in the news but it's really not the closest of all the bldgs,...it just has the most name recognition. The Charter cable office bulding is closer.
From live video, it looks like the brush was low engough to be seen over. I don't think people in work clothes would be walking thru the icky field. I certainly wouldn't have. There are sidewalks on all sides of it so there is no need to "walk thru it" unless there is a path there now - doubtful b/c it's probably owned by some developer not wanting to drop a penny into the land.

I haven't posted here for a long time. I live here in Sparks, Wingfield Springs area. I have co-workers with daughters who go th UNR. I am sick and heartbroken about this outcome. I have two daughters ages 15 and 17 (one that has the same name) and I can not even imagine what Brianna's family is going thru..We are just all completely heartbroken that some *advertiser censored* has taken such an innocent, young and beautiful girl. It is a sad world we live in....

I want to add that our Reno Police Investigation Team is one of the best and we will catch this killer. We are all watching and he will be caught and brought to justice.

Just emailed my friend asking what the scuttlebutt is at work and if it was an employee walking at lunch. Rumor mill is usually ripe there so hopefully we'll hear something. An eerie feeling came over me and I said it ti my friend in the email...I hope this creep doesn't work there@!!!! They keep mentioning my company in the news but it's really not the closest of all the bldgs,...it just has the most name recognition. The Charter cable office bulding is closer.
From live video, it looks like the brush was low engough to be seen over. I don't think people in work clothes would be walking thru the icky field. I certainly wouldn't have. There are sidewalks on all sides of it so there is no need to "walk thru it" unless there is a path there now - doubtful b/c it's probably owned by some developer not wanting to drop a penny into the land.

Hello Katherine. Do you know if these the type of businesses that would have surveillance cameras outside?

I think some of the businesses would have surveillance cameras. Charter Cable office is nearby. Not sure any one office bldg would have been close enough to dump spot to see that. But, surrounding offices might show traffic. The 2 rectangular, identical looking low white bldgs are a smattering of little shops....dry cleaner, sandwich shop, and tai kwon doe, but there is also a coin distributer I believe, who might have a camera outside. These 2 bldgs which look to be the closest to the dump site are somewhat older (compared to all the development there) so they may not have cameras though. The traffic lights might have cameras. I think that will only help if they know approx. time of death and then look during off hours.. wee morning or the like when he would have dumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay