Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHat if the perp had Brianna as a hostage keeping her in a trailer or in a park somewhere and wouldn't have the need to attack again..I know that sounds gruesome, but she would be alive...

Honestly...I don't see much of a resemblence...BUT...

Do you remember when that Brian Ladd guy did his drawing?? He said the guy that took Brianna had a funky eye!!!!! weird.

Brian also said the suspect lived near the airport run way 25 and the #G9 was significant....

It would appear to me & others if you're not guilty of anything, and you have nothing to hide, "JUSTIN", what's the big deal! We have a missing girl here stupid! IMO, I think LE needs to take a look at Justin :rolleyes:

It is, and I'm sad to say this, an issue which is larger than a missing girl. To stop and question people because they fit some sort of profile is against the civil rights due to Americans; Justin has mixed feelings IMO because he understands the immediate need to find the perpertrator and the larger issue of the loss of civil rights. He's not stupid at all, in fact I think Justin is probably quite an intelligent young man.

Police technically need more than "you fit the profile" to stop and question people. LE should (still speaking technically!) notice that the person appears to fit the description, run a background check, see what vehicle they drive, does that fit? Do a little investigation into what that person was doing on the night Brianna went missing, THEN if the person hasn't been ruled out, drag them in for questioning. What they are doing here is quicker........and EASIER. But that doesn't make it correct.

This info is a 'leap' to say the least, but bear with me...

In stockton, CA 2 men were arrested for raping prostitutes, and kidnapping them. Apparently not just prostitutes, but maybe others?

the suspect, Amritpal Grewal, (after an extensive search) has an airplane, (small aircraft) and was the manager at a small private airport. (IF the name match is correct, which it appears to be, and if this is the same person)
Look at his face next to the composite of the guy in the rape prior to Brianna going missing...they are strikingly similar to me...what do you think?
http://cbs13.com/local/Stockton.Rape.Arrests.2.606211.html

What if this guy flys to Reno all the time? Could it be a match, or could I have the wrong Amrit Grewal? If you google the name you get the airport and plane info, and it is in Lodi, very close to Stockton, and he looks like the composite sketch to boot!!!

I appreciate your efforts and creativity on this.

However, the theory that someone is coming to Reno from another state, while reasonable on its own, does not mesh with the truck, paper, and baby shoe. Possible but not probable. Great work though.

I didn't realize until last night they were also asking these men stopped on the street to go ahead and voluntarily give fingerprints plus DNA. While the innocent men shouldn't have a problem with it still the question to a lot of them is: Where does my DNA go from there? If it doesn't match...do you keep or destroy it? They keep it, of course.

I didn't realize until last night they were also asking these men stopped on the street to go ahead and voluntarily give fingerprints plus DNA. While the innocent men shouldn't have a problem with it still the question to a lot of them is: Where does my DNA go from there? If it doesn't match...do you keep or destroy it? They keep it, of course.

If thats what the LE is reduced to in this case, then it's total desperation.

That is exactly why I would NEVER submit to a DNA test unless they had a warrant and I'm innocent as innocent can be.

If thats what the LE is reduced to in this case, then it's total desperation.
I would have to agree with you. However, I did suggest they ask the college population to submit to DNA tests voluntarily. Maybe Mark F. told them I wanted it done, you think? LOL

I think that there is some confusion as to what is profiling. Stopping a person because they match a description of a suspect is not profiling. The pc (probable cause) is the fact that they match a description.

Profiling is when a specific race is targeted because of their race and there is not a valid reason. An example of this would be an upscale neighborhood - police stopping all blacks simply because they are black in an upscale neighborhood.

That is one of the reasons that a lot of depts keep stats on the stops that they make and the reasons. They want to make sure that there is not profiling being done and they can defend themselves against profiling accusations.

I would have to agree with you. However, I did suggest they ask the college population to submit to DNA tests voluntarily. Maybe Mark F. told them I wanted it done, you think? LOL

You snap your fingers, and Fuhrman jumps...we all know that. hahahaha

Washoe County authorities are appealing to the private sector for $150,000 to allow a backlog of roughly 3,000 DNA samples from convicted offenders to be processed and compared with the DNA of the unknown suspect who abducted Brianna Denison and, weeks earlier, assaulted at least two other college students.
Sheriff Mike Haley said at a Monday news conference that a new law that took effect in October requires DNA be taken and processed from all convicted felons and those convicted of gross misdemeanor sex crimes. But the state provided no money for the extra work, he said. (more at link)
http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080205/NEWS01/802050351/0/NEWS18&theme=DENISON

IMO, if LE had any good leads on who this guy is, they wouldn't be out there profiling, or whatever you want to call it.

So the perp's DNA could already BE there and just not processed yet. That is very disturbing!

It's been so many days now. It's a great thing that no body has been found. That gives some hope. No bear has been found. Again....hope.

since this is a kidnapping, wasn't the FBI brought in? They should be able to process the DNA without having to ask for local monies...that is ridiculous.

It's been so many days now. It's a great thing that no body has been found. That gives some hope. No bear has been found. Again....hope.

Again I agree totally! Time, unlike other cases, appears to be an asset in Brianna's case, please don't ask me why! :crazy:

I cannot believe what the city of Reno is up too--mind you again, if that is anything? Asking the public to come forward for money to test. LE has stated that they do have the perps DNA; however, they have nothing with which to compare.

Lastly, yesterday's headline in my Google reader was: FBI want to establish National 'Characteristic' database....Ready: measurements, foot sizes, height, weight, 'the lot' including DNA. I have NOTHING whatsoever to hide, yet, it will take a warrant from the Supreme Court served on me in Australia after LE has talked with 5 or so lawyers to serve me.

Hey SuziQ, good work! Same to the rest of the Gang!

PS Sorry gang....Mark F. just comes off as being very sleazy to me...I don't know if I should admire it or dislike him for it. (lol)

since this is a kidnapping, wasn't the FBI brought in? They should be able to process the DNA without having to ask for local monies...that is ridiculous.

As most others will attest to, the LE in this case has been borderling abhorrent! Sure the FBI got involved--not during the critical phase mind you--several days afterward.

Makes me want to puke! But seriously, do you think that the Fed wants to pay for the States f/up? I truly believe that that kind of politics is involved with this case! :rolleyes:

I agree...since this is being categorized as a kidnapping, her parents need to be calling and hounding the nearest FBI office every day, forget about the local LE. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Her parents need to start screaming!

I agree...since this is being categorized as a kidnapping, her parents need to be calling and hounding the nearest FBI office every day, forget about the local LE. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Her parents need to start screaming!

It seems that the family has tried to keep Brianna in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member