Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few tidbits from the above article:

At the same time a press conference will begin at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, the City of Reno’s Web site will be updated with the new information that includes new DNA evidence, as well as newly revealed pieces of evidence connected to the case, police said.

“There is absolutely no doubt the offender left them there,” Lt. Robert McDonald said. (in regards to the pink panther underwear)

Police say Denison’s killer is a serial sexual predator who is linked to DNA to sexual attacks on college students near the University of Nevada, Reno area on Nov. 13 and Dec. 16. An October rape at gunpoint in a UNR parking garage is believed to be connected, although there is no forensic link. So, even though there's no forensic evidence such as DNA, the police believe the October attack to be connected.

A few tidbits from the above article:

At the same time a press conference will begin at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, the City of Reno’s Web site will be updated with the new information that includes new DNA evidence, as well as newly revealed pieces of evidence connected to the case, police said.

“There is absolutely no doubt the offender left them there,” Lt. Robert McDonald said. (in regards to the pink panther underwear)

Police say Denison’s killer is a serial sexual predator who is linked to DNA to sexual attacks on college students near the University of Nevada, Reno area on Nov. 13 and Dec. 16. An October rape at gunpoint in a UNR parking garage is believed to be connected, although there is no forensic link. So, even though there's no forensic evidence such as DNA, the police believe the October attack to be connected.

i knew it would be connected.....there had to be some similarities for them to think it was connected, even without DNA....LE said all along that they were NOT discounting it was related....

thanks for this info Leila!

eta...will be keeping an eye open on Thursday..

why do you think this perp beat this young lady, some are saying took off all her clothes, etc. and then did not force sexual intercourse on her...it's reported she had to perform oral sex. I find that very unusual...so this guy has a fetish for panties and prefers oral sex to intercourse.

I don't remember LE reporting that she was badly beaten, ankles broken, etc. AMW came out with this. The initial story seems rather toned down compared to what actually happened, if it's true.

Does anyone remember the quote from LE after Brianna was found depicting the perp as someone despicable (which we know he is) like he may have done more to Brianna then we know...?If he beat the other victim he may have done the same to Brianna and for the family sake they are keeping that out of the press....

The pink panther underwear found at the scene where Brianna's body was found, do not belong to Brianna, and have DNA from an unknown male and an unknown female, YET, police are 100% certain the suspect left the pink panther underwear at the scene.

I think we need to examine this from that perspective. How can the police say they are 100% certain the suspect left the pink panther underwear at the scene?

Police have not stated the condition of Brianna's body or released any info on evidence found at the scene with the exception of the pink panther underwear.

In order for the police to be 100% certain the underwear were left by the suspect, the pink panther underwear has to have been used to strangle her, or was put on Brianna, or was used in some way involving her body. This sounds terrible, but could the underwear have been used to bind her wrists, used as a gag stuffed in her mouth, or left in another body cavity?
Very logical as usual Leila :) and I think too that the underwear has to be on Brianna's body in some manner in order for LE to be so sure the killer left them. I read your post that LE is going to have an updated news conference on Thursday ~that should be interesting what additional info. they reveal.

Does anyone remember the quote from LE after Brianna was found depicting the perp as someone despicable (which we know he is) like he may have done more to Brianna then we know...?If he beat the other victim he may have done the same to Brianna and for the family sake they are keeping that out of the press....
I remember what you're referring to that suggested some form of torture or perhaps abuse of her body after she died. I hope that's not the case, but LE made it sound like it might be.

there's not much telling what he did to her.....i would think the family already knows...:(

I am thinking this man is sexually dysfunctional without the underwear, oral sex followed by either vaginal or anal sex. He had condoms with him at one of the attacks that he dropped that says to me there was more going on then just oral sex.

I am thinking this man is sexually disfunctional without the underware, oral sex followed by either vaginal or anal sex. He had condoms with him at one of the attacks that he dropped that says to me there was more going on then just oral sex.
I agree with you about him being sexually dysfunctional perhaps needing the empowerment that comes from abducting and assaulting his victims.

I am thinking this man is sexually disfunctional without the underware, oral sex followed by either vaginal or anal sex. He had condoms with him at one of the attacks that he dropped that says to me there was more going on then just oral sex.

i agree...depending on the time he has, & other variables (is that the right word?) like whether it's daylight or night time, where the attack is taking place, etc....he could go either way...

i'm wondering what the reason is, for LE to give details of the scene now:waitasec:
...like what prompted this...

i'm wondering what the reason is, for LE to give details of the scene now:waitasec:
...like what prompted this...
Your guess is as good as mine on that. Maybe the misinformation about the DNA that was just clarified? Maybe LE needs to put more information out to the public in order to find this sick monster?

Your guess is as good as mine on that. Maybe the misinformation about the DNA that was just clarified? Maybe LE needs to put more information out to the public in order to find this sick monster?

yeah, it's probably as simple as that, panthera.....i just picture LE in a room, discussing the case, & someone says something along the lines of "ok, we need to let the public know about the scene where her body was found".....hmmm

yeah, it's probably as simple as that, panthera.....i just picture LE in a room, discussing the case, & someone says something along the lines of "ok, we need to let the public know about the scene where her body was found".....hmmm
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just that since it's been a few weeks when her body was found and still no arrest even with his DNA. LE has said they think he's still in the Reno area but I'm not so sure. So many people travel in and out of there he might even live in California.

I still think something is going on. Why would they wait until Thursday for a press conference to announce more evidence? Why don't they do it on Wednesday?

I still think something is going on. Why would they wait until Thursday for a press conference to announce more evidence? Why don't they do it on Wednesday?
Good point! Instead of it being evidence I'd love to hear that they've identified the suspect! (Wishful thinking here :) )

cuz they are at a dead end and are looking for something......anything.
This would be in line with what I am thinking. The reason they might be waiting is because of some test which may not be back tomorrow, but they want people to know they are working on it after the DNA fiasco. They have a credibility issue they need to PR their way out of now.

The family spokesperson mentioned the family was relieved to know that Bri was gone almost immediately after her abduction and tried to skirt her way out of that by saying it was just the family talking or something to that effect. She also said they were glad that Bri didn't have to know what happened afterward. This seemed to me to indicate the way he left her was bad and coupled with the statement from the officer...could be very bad. Yes, the family obviously does know how they found her.

It sounds like he was possibly quite brutal to victim #2 so nothing will really surprise me. (Someone mentioned on a blog that Bri's lip had been cut off, IIRC, and that could be the tip of the proverbial iceberg.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow