Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
McDonald said the Washoe County Crime Laboratory had not erred on the DNA evidence from the underwear, first reported by police as the suspect’s DNA. He said it was a misstatement to the media by investigators.

“From the beginning the lab had stated the offender’s DNA was not on there,” he said. “It was never an error made by the lab.”

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...80304039&oaso=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

No surprise to me they are taking full responsibility for that huge mistake instead of letting it go for a defense attorney to latch onto. (I think that could still happen tho.) They certainly want to try and clear up that their lab was not involved. Now this could be misleading the public on purpose.

Does anyone remember the quote from LE after Brianna was found depicting the perp as someone despicable (which we know he is) like he may have done more to Brianna then we know...?If he beat the other victim he may have done the same to Brianna and for the family sake they are keeping that out of the press....

Yes.............I remember the quote from LE. Although I can't remember the exact quote at the moment, I remember that police expressed shock. I found the comment disturbing because I wouldn't think seasoned police officers to be too shocked at what they see. They've been to many murder scenes.

An October rape at gunpoint in a UNR parking garage is believed to be connected, although there is no forensic link.

I don't care what LE thinks is or is not connected. I recall them saying the other two attacks were in no way connected at the first of Bri's case, too. They were dead wrong until the DNA came back a match. Now, with no DNA or a forensic link...they cannot put them together. No gun was used in the following attacks and I don't see a perp NOT doing what has worked for him recently in a rape situation. After the one victim screamed and he left...he would have gone back to using a gun with victim #2. He did not. The descriptions of the perps don't even come close, imo.

I still think something is going on. Why would they wait until Thursday for a press conference to announce more evidence? Why don't they do it on Wednesday?

That thought crossed my mind too. As I read that article, I wondered why Thursday, why not tomorrow - Wednesday. What would be the reason to delay the release of information?

The only reasons I can think of are:

1. Test results are due back tomorrow on something. (Perhaps waiting on the results from the man arrested in Sat.'s attempted kidnapping.)

2. They haven't informed the family of whatever they are going to release and need time to prepare them.

3. They are tossing the media a bone to get them away from the DNA fiasco to write about an upcoming presser for PR purposes, but they are not ready yet so want to leave speculation out there.

4. Reno City's website has to be readied for this release since they stated they are going to do a simultaneous release for some reason (which I don't understand, but I feel has to do with the PR angle again.)

5. They are planning on serving a warrant between now and then so they want the press to be prepared for the presser to go national (getting their people into Reno etc.)

Have they said any more about that guy they have in custody from Saturday's attempt? I want to learn more about what is going on there.

Have they said any more about that guy they have in custody from Saturday's attempt? I want to learn more about what is going on there.
It was reported today in the RJG that the "incident had nothing to do with the kidnap and killing of Brianna Denison. '

Maybe there are other forensic results that won't be ready until Thursday.

Or maybe LE is holding the conference for another reason... maybe it has something directly to do with alerting the perp.:waitasec:

Yes.............I remember the quote from LE. Although I can't remember the exact quote at the moment, I remember that police expressed shock. I found the comment disturbing because I wouldn't think seasoned police officers to be too shocked at what they see. They've been to many murder scenes.

finally found it...whew!

“This case is shocking to us, but to 99.9 percent of the people who live in this community, they have no comprehension and cannot even fathom that someone had done what this guy did,” McDonald said. “He’s a deviant not working on the same moral plane as the rest of us. Something is wrong with this person.”

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080218/NEWS01/80218030/0/NEWS18&theme=DENISON

Maybe there are other forensic results that won't be ready until Thursday.
Or maybe LE is holding the conference for another reason... maybe it has something directly to do with alerting the perp.:waitasec:

aahhh...you could be right, phil!...i hadn't thought of that...you may very well be right with your other thought too, hmmm

finally found it...whew!

“This case is shocking to us, but to 99.9 percent of the people who live in this community, they have no comprehension and cannot even fathom that someone had done what this guy did,” McDonald said. “He’s a deviant not working on the same moral plane as the rest of us. Something is wrong with this person.”

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080218/NEWS01/80218030/0/NEWS18&theme=DENISON

Thanks Close-enough! That's the one!

Thanks Close-enough! That's the one!

lol, you're very welcome...took me long enough, but i was determined...it was buried in the middle of thread #5...i remember feeling a bit creeped out when i read it also....

eta...i won't be a bit surprised if we hear something about that teddy bear on thursday....

lol, you're very welcome...took me long enough, but i was determined...it was buried in the middle of thread #5...i remember feeling a bit creeped out when i read it also....

eta...i won't be a bit surprised if we hear something about that teddy bear on thursday....

I recall an article within a day or two of Brianna's body being found in which LE stated that the teddy bear was not recovered, and is still missing.

Edited to add that on February 16th, was watching the press conference where LE announced that the body found in the field the day before was Brianna Denison. reported what he heard here and this is one of his posts - I put the part about the teddy bear in bold:

02-16-2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=309
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1993728", true);
Just Plain Obnoxious

We want those.
Evidence indicates sexually motivated crime.

Outpouring of support has exceeded expectations.

All backlog of DNA samples are being processed in batches of 100-200 at a time.

"Someone knows the suspect" - they seem very sure a tip is coming and that he is still in the NW area of town. They could have left, which would be something people should look for.

Feel suspect has ties to area.

Keep eyes open for the teddy bear.

Let's say the guy is married. Where is he going to keep a ton of worn women's underwear? Job site? Not likely. Vehicle? SO may find them so it would also leave out keeping them at home.

It is more likely he doesn't keep a lot of them, but only a couple from his victims. He could hide them easily.

They would be considered trophies and not a fetish. (AMW and LE always go to the extremes as they did with the shaved area thing and I think they are way off base about the fetish.) Trophies are kept by perps so that they can pull them out and relive the experience again and again. It isn't the actual trophy that he has a "fetish" for...but the memory associated with it.

By the way, I think in the end we will find he did fully intend to kill Brianna. I don't see it as an accident and never have. When you strangle someone...you do not do it by accident. It takes time to strangle a person...several minutes, in fact. I think he never intended on bringing her back after he kidnapped her like he did the other victim. He was already angry about not getting to the 2nd victim the night before and she may have been his targeted murder victim instead of Bri, if he had been a successful burglar.

If the 2nd victim was the one with the broken ankles...I don't think she was dressed when he left her at her house. I think after her clothes were forced off then she was raped and brutally beaten...getting dressed was virtually impossible. She probably didn't care as she would be in so much pain.
SS, I've had mixed feelings about his intent to kill, but you're right, the strangling thing has made me lean toward the fact that he did plan to kill her. Strangle is far different from suffocate or asphixiate, which can happen by accident (such as the force of his body on her small chest). Whether or not she was conscious when it happened I have yet to decide. Maybe we'll find out more about Bri's time of death at this press conference tomorrow.

An October rape at gunpoint in a UNR parking garage is believed to be connected, although there is no forensic link.

I don't care what LE thinks is or is not connected. I recall them saying the other two attacks were in no way connected at the first of Bri's case, too. They were dead wrong until the DNA came back a match. Now, with no DNA or a forensic link...they cannot put them together. No gun was used in the following attacks and I don't see a perp NOT doing what has worked for him recently in a rape situation. After the one victim screamed and he left...he would have gone back to using a gun with victim #2. He did not. The descriptions of the perps don't even come close, imo.

There's been too many cases with serial killers and serial rapists where they change up their MO, victim type, as well as the rapist advancing to a killer, etc. to rule out this guy simply because of the gun being used. Same with perp description by the victim. Especially so when judging age, night time attack with poor lighting, hat worn, facial hair, etc. Daryl Littlejohn is a good example as rapist to murderer and varying descriptions.

Did they even have dna for that victim? That alone would rule him in or out? Possibly he didn't own the gun used, have access for some reason with the others, or even lost it, used it in a case we're not aware of and disposed of it. LE has described this suspect as a predator of opportunity and if that is the case imo it will be an anything goes, anyway he can and anybody...

I recall an article within a day or two of Brianna's body being found in which LE stated that the teddy bear was not recovered, and is still missing.

Edited to add that on February 16th, was watching the press conference where LE announced that the body found in the field the day before was Brianna Denison. reported what he heard here and this is one of his posts - I put the part about the teddy bear in bold:

Keep eyes open for the teddy bear.

ah, i forgot about that....hmm, but they made a point to mention the teddy bear...which is probably normal, since it went missing with Brianna....oh, i don't know...lots of stuff was swirling in my mind last night....wonder if they found something that was on the teddy bear...like maybe a ribbon or something?....from what i remember i don't think it had a ribbon though........after digging up that article about "99.9%" i really had my mind goin on this evidence at the scene....

we'll see, tomorrow....

There were also the Craigslist rumors that she was found with her lips cut off. I guess we shall see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje