Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple things - my idea of testing the towels at the gym was just a question if they legally could. Since the towels belonged to the gym I would think it would just be the gym who had to give the ok not the person who used the towel. As for people not going there again if they did- I personally would be glad to know they were doing what they can to help.

As for asking for DNA samples - I did check with a reliable source and it is perfectly 100% legal not against anyone's rights to ask you to submit a DNA sample. You of course have the right to say no and yes this could be viewed as cause for suspicion in itself but more would be needed to get a SW. As for me - I am female and not in the area so obviously wouldn't be asked but if I was I would willingly do it. I don't see having my DNA on file as anymore an invasion of privacy then the fact that I had to be fingerprinted for my job (finance industry - it is required) or that my blood type is on file from donating blood.

Now my last point in this way too long post... Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong here but I could very easily be missing a pair of undies and have no clue they were missing. Or the person could have "lost" them so long ago - if the perp stole them from laundry or off the floor of an ex - that she may not think they could be hers.

Lew.............I think it's possible to be missing a pair of underwear and not realize it. In this case, I don't think the underwear is that old. The Steve Martin re-make of the Pink Panther was in 2006, and I think the underwear may have been part of a promotional line of Pink Panther items. So, I'd date the underwear as not available any earlier than 2006.

Interestingly, the guy who found the body, that later was identified as Brianna, has never been interviewed by the media. I wonder if LE spoke to him and requested that he not give any media interviews as to what he saw, as it would compromise the case?

I am sure that is the case. I would bet that LE explained to the person that if their case is comprised because of a leak on his part, there could be charges. Unlikely that they would aggressively pursue it that far, I also think that someone who actually saw the victim might not want to do anything that could potentially lead to another.

I agreed with you on that one. This perp is construction worker, handyman, locksmith, anywhere in the trades and I feel he travels for work.

I am postive he isn't a locksmith..he wouldn't have broken the door handle to the Dec vics apartment trying to gain entry in Jan..he would have picked the lock instead.

The Pink Panther undies are one of the more puzzling items in this whole case. The RPD has said they may have been left to taunt them. The thief of the Pink Panther Diamond was what Cousteau was trying to find in each movie. I am not really all that familiar with the cartoon version though. So did he purposely pick the Pink Panther undies or would any undies with someone else's DNA along with his own have done the trick for the taunting? I tend to think that the Pink Panther was a purposeful use of a symbol to taunt LE with, add in the DNA and he was very pleased with himself. I think he put some thought into that aspect.
JMHO

The Pink Panther undies are one of the more puzzling items in this whole case. The RPD has said they may have been left to taunt them. The thief of the Pink Panther Diamond was what Cousteau was trying to find in each movie. I am not really all that familiar with the cartoon version though. So did he purposely pick the Pink Panther undies or would any undies with someone else's DNA along with his own have done the trick for the taunting?

The presumption is that he left them there on purpose. I don't agree with that yet. However, if there is some cryptic reason for them being Pink Panther, I don't think he would be the type to leave the other victims alive.

I honestly think the panties were left at the scene on purpose, and I think they were purchased online from one of those "buy worn panties" sites someone was posting about in an earlier thread.

That way, he laughs in LE's face, and he's throwing them off by sending them on a wild goose chase. The perp probably doesn't even know the woman who's DNA is on them.

I honestly think the panties were left at the scene on purpose, and I think they were purchased online from one of those "buy worn panties" sites someone was posting about in an earlier thread.

That way, he laughs in LE's face, and he's throwing them off by sending them on a wild goose chase. The perp probably doesn't even know the woman who's DNA is on them.

You know, I can believe that easier than they are from a previous victim.

I guess people will buy anything online.

I do think this whole panties thing was staged to throw off LE...if there is another victim, I think we would have heard about it by now. I wonder how many calls LE has actually gotten about similar panties...guess we have no way of knowing.

In reference to the new article at the RGJ, it would appear that the police want to question those who attended a house party on January 19th that went into the morning hours of January 20th.

This makes me wonder if LE is considering the possibility that the suspect may have also attended that party. I would imagine LE is going to be asking attendees if they knew everyone at the party, any strangers that just showed up, anyone seen talking to Brianna, anyone matching the description of the perp, any pickup trucks parked on the street?

What other questions would they ask?

Thanks to everyone who filled me in on the underwear. I hadn't heard they were Pink Panther or else I forgot. For all we know he found them on the lot where he dumped her or a park, anywhere someone could've been doing whatever requires removing your undies.

Lew, what I meant about the dna at the gym from your post was that it gave me the idea of publicly obtaining someone else's dna. In this day and age where forensics play a big role in solving crimes I have heard of cases right on this forum where criminals planted someone else's dna to throw off an investigation. Luckily in one case I remember that persons alibi was solid.

I think the theory on buying women's used underwear is a very good one as a very real possibility. That's somewhat of a fetish that's been around longer than the internet. In this particular timeframe the internet as a means of purchase is very feasible though. Would be hell to track down though. Personally, I think it's either a taunt to LE or what he knows will be a major focus in the investigation that will tie up LE resources and throw off the investigation that can never be traced back to him.

In reference to the new article at the RGJ, it would appear that the police want to question those who attended a house party on January 19th that went into the morning hours of January 20th.

This makes me wonder if LE is considering the possibility that the suspect may have also attended that party. I would imagine LE is going to be asking attendees if they knew everyone at the party, any strangers that just showed up, anyone seen talking to Brianna, anyone matching the description of the perp, any pickup trucks parked on the street?

What other questions would they ask?

Notice anyone following you? Too drunk to notice if anyone followed? Would've thought they had already questioned everyone from that party.

.....Would've thought they had already questioned everyone from that party.
You got that right. I figured LE talked to the people at the house where Brianna was taken from and talked to the people at the party immediately following her disappearance. :waitasec:

The underwear could be something that the murderer used as a fetish during the attack and he was just getting rid of evidence. Whoever they belong to could be a victim, a woman he's angry with, or someone he is fantasizing about. I have a feeling that this is a very perverted freak. I wonder if LE can tell from any evidence or fibers whether the attack was done in a vehicle or a home.

I do think this whole panties thing was staged to throw off LE...if there is another victim, I think we would have heard about it by now. I wonder how many calls LE has actually gotten about similar panties...guess we have no way of knowing.
I had heard that another woman's DNA was also on the underwear in addition to the suspect's, so they had to belong to someone. Why no one has come forward is a good question unless that person is also dead.

Yes, the talking heads reported that the panties had DNA on them but the DNA wasn't Brianna's.
Maybe you're right, maybe the person who owned them is dead and the perp left the panties as a hint.

I had heard that another woman's DNA was also on the underwear in addition to the suspect's, so they had to belong to someone. Why no one has come forward is a good question unless that person is also dead.
Or it's a wife or girlfriend who is innocent in all this. If he had a baby shoe in the car, he must have a wife or girlfriend, right?

DeltaDawn said:
I tend to think that the Pink Panther was a purposeful use of a symbol to taunt LE with, add in the DNA and he was very pleased with himself. I think he put some thought into that aspect.
JMHO
That's what I think - the Pink Panther is a bumbling detective, so it's a taunt at police.

Does anyone know if someone is arrested, but hasn't been to trial and convicted or found guilty of rape or assault yet.....would there DNA already be on file? I know I don't see the name in the sexual offender database.

I didn't know if they collect the DNA beforehand and put it in any kind of database before they have been to trial and found guilty.......If this person was identified by line up and other evidence, would they have already collected DNA?

There hasn't been a trial, and the incident occured middle of 2007

Kel

The more I consider the date Bri was abducted, the more I think this perp knew the school's schedule. If he had attacked any other weekend prior to that from the weekend before Christmas on, there would have been virtually no students there because class was out. He picks the weekend two days before the winter semester starts, when he knows most students will be coming back to campis from break at their families' homes.

I may be grasping at air here, but it's interesting that all of the other attacks thought to be linked coincide with holidays:

Mon. Oct. 22 - week of Nevada Day
Tues. Nov. 13 - day after Veteran's Day
Sat. Dec. 15 - 10 days before Christmas
Sun. Jan. 20 - 2 days before Martin Luther King Day

Is this guy maybe a government worker who has off legal holidays?

New article at the RGJ................."Police To Seek Party-Goers in Denison Case."

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS18/80227029&oaso=news.rgj.com/breakingnews

I was hoping LE had more leads on this case but with this latest plea, sad to say, it looks like it is going no where and fast. IMHO, I do not believe that he would purchase the panties online. If they aren't from a victim or his significant other than he may work as a handy man, painter, carpenter or some other trade where he would be in someones home.
I still feel that someone should dig up the ditch where she was found in case there is someone else buried there. Reason for it being sunk in? Why did he put her there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties