Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The detective talks about the case in this article... "A tip on Nov. 1 stuck out: A woman reported that her friend's boyfriend exhibited strange behavior and fit the Denison suspect criteria, such as having size small thong underwear in his truck"....

"My suspicion began with that phone call," Wygnanski said. "I told him we were conducting an investigation, and I needed a few minutes of his time. I didn't tell him what it was about, and he hung up. It was strange he never asked me what the investigation was about.

"If the police come to your house and leave a card that says they're from the robbery/homicide unit, wouldn't you want to know what it was about?"

Biela was sweating and fidgety, he said. He was nervous and would not make eye contact.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081128/NEWS/811280498/1004

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=9424578

Carleen Harmon says in court documents they had a ‘tumultuous romantic relationship.' And this past winter she says Biela would disappear claiming to sleep in his truck.
He later sold the truck to someone in Idaho then moved to Washington in March where he worked on a plumbing project. "That was after the assault happened so he just carried on life like a normal person," says Kristin Havelka.

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/35162294.html

Biela lived in a suburban Sparks home with his on-and-off girlfriend and their child. Back in March, when police released a sketch and a vehicle description in the case, the heat was turned up. They say Biela fled to Washington for a job, and when his girlfriend went to bring him home, she became suspicious.
"Somewhere in that journey or contract, she'd discovered some evidence in his pickup truck that concerned her, and she shared that information or story with her friend," said RPD Chief of Police Michael Poehlman.
A pair of underwear, a re-occuring symbol in the Brianna Denison murder, was what helped break the case. Since the disappearance, more than two-thousand tips have come into the police department. And on November 1st, the tip they'd been waiting for. Biela's girlfriend's friend called the police, sending them in the right direction.

So, what are you guys thinking about how he spotted Brianna? We now know he came in through the back door of Mackay Court. Do you think he had been scoping out the house the night before or before the girls went to bed the night of the 20th?

So, what are you guys thinking about how he spotted Brianna? We now know he came in through the back door of Mackay Court. Do you think he had been scoping out the house the night before or before the girls went to bed the night of the 20th?
I think he was around the area long enough to know that the apartment was a transient rental. I think he was lurking around, window-peeking.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126016

"Police said Biela had been working construction at the time of the crimes for a local company doing a project for the University of Nevada, Reno, near where the offenses occurred. Detectives on Wednesday were trying to determine if he worked the college projects."

They're going for the DP:

"Biela's first court hearing is scheduled for December 10th at 1:30 in the afternoon. District attorney Gammick, says he'll be team-trying the case with chief prosecutor Elliot Sattler. Gammick says no doubt, he'll be asking for the maximum sentence, which in this case would be the death penalty."

They're going for the DP:

"Biela's first court hearing is scheduled for December 10th at 1:30 in the afternoon. District attorney Gammick, says he'll be team-trying the case with chief prosecutor Elliot Sattler. Gammick says no doubt, he'll be asking for the maximum sentence, which in this case would be the death penalty."
Deservedly so, imo. :furious:

FINALLY! I was just wondering if they had any leads at all in this case, GLAD he is caught, and all that overwhelming evidence is fantastic.

...............I still don't think he looks anything like the sketch tho.
>
You're kidding!?!?
9416901_BG4.jpg

The sketch shows a much narrower face and neck but the nose and eyes are dead on. The mouth, ears and hair are off. I can tell you for certain that the Sparks and Reno LE worked this case tirelessly. I thank God for their work and for the bravery of the girlfriend letting her baby's DNA sample be taken.

I have to agree with SS and another poster..that sketch does not look similar at all, and if I had seen the sketch and the perp passed me I wouldn't put two and two together.

I am just glad the friend came forward to leave that tip. They thought it would come down to the girlfriend/SO and it did.

The sketch shows a much narrower face and neck but the nose and eyes are dead on. The mouth, ears and hair are off. I can tell you for certain that the Sparks and Reno LE worked this case tirelessly. I thank God for their work and for the bravery of the girlfriend letting her baby's DNA sample be taken.

I think that the eyes and nose are similar too. But, at some point, he gained more weight and that kind of throws off the rest of the face. Fortunately, this guy was an idiot who started getting sloppy and doing other things that apparently led his girlfriend to start snooping around.

It sounded to me like the friend came forward with the information soon after she heard it. The GF probably did have suspicions early on tho. How could she not?! She had not left the area and knew about the certain shaved areas plus description of the vehicle inside and out. I think the recent find of the underwear drove it home to her. She should have come forward much sooner instead of waiting until she was confronted with it in such a way. She waited until it affected her directly which is wrong (ie. jealousy).

I'm so happy they finally got that . I have been checking religously on anything new with this case. I know it's such a bittersweet feeling for Bri's family. My heart goes out to them.

As far as the sketch goes, I think there are some simalarties but nothing that would make you say "OH MY THAT'S THE GUY FROM THE SKETCH" if you were sitting next to him. Let's be honest though, sketches are great. But how many people actually remember the exact face on a sketch? I for one don't, but that may just be me. :rolleyes:

I would love to find out for sure whether it was the GF or the GF's friend that called in the tip. I believe I read it was the friend. I can believe that. If she was going to call it in, it would have happened much sooner because I'm sure she had been suspicious from the beginning. JMO!

Since I'm quite sure it was the friend that called in the tip, I would love to know what kept her from calling herself if she was so suspicous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back