Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I was looking at every guy I saw that remotely resembled that sketch, if I had sat and talked with the now-arrested perp I would not have connected the two.

And that is the sketch based on interviews with other victims - correct? Yikes.

Now, if he has recently gained significant weight if could be that an older picture will come out that matches. I hope that's the case.
I'm with you and the others who don't think they matched. Recent weight gain was another possibility I thought of too ~ so maybe he did look more like the sketch a year ago when the other victim saw him. I'm just glad the DNA did match!! MOO

The girlfriend most likely did not want to believe the father of her son was a rapist murderer. She probably thought "he looks nothing like the wanted poster" and lot's of younger guys "shave down there".

I was under the impression that the girlfriend was talking to her friend about her relationship troubles and mentioned finding the underwear....seeming to think he may be cheating, not that he was the serial rapist. From there, it was the friend who put two and two together and made the call to the tipline. I'm not even sure that the girlfriend was aware her friend had called the tipline, until the police started investigating and contacted her directly.

It would be interesting to find out when they had that conversation....I'm not sure if it's been mentioned whether she found this underwear in his old truck or whether this is new evidence she found in his current vehicle. That would be huge. I'm sure they're looking into it and there seem to be a lot of different LE departments across the country sending them cases to compare.

But, I agree that if his girlfriend and her friend discussed these things much earlier this year then it's pretty lame that the tipline was only called recently. My guess is that problems probably started happening again in the relationship when he returned to Nevada and the girlfriend started going over all the things he'd done wrong. As others have mentioned, it sounds like she waited till the situation affected her personally and she started to become jealous, suspect cheating on his part, etc.

I believe the underwear his girlfriend found was in the new vehicle. She found it when she was helping him move back to Nevada.

I have never seen a murder case get so much publicity here. I am ecstatic that he was found! :woohoo:

im new here. if i make a mistake, please help!

I have never seen a murder case get so much publicity here. I am ecstatic that he was found! :woohoo:

Welcome PassionOx! I think the brazenness of the crime, grabbing a sleeping women right off the couch and then leaving other underwear with her body made this crime more unusual.

It sounded to me like the friend came forward with the information soon after she heard it. The GF probably did have suspicions early on tho. How could she not?! She had not left the area and knew about the certain shaved areas plus description of the vehicle inside and out. I think the recent find of the underwear drove it home to her. She should have come forward much sooner instead of waiting until she was confronted with it in such a way. She waited until it affected her directly which is wrong (ie. jealousy).
I don't know what you mean about "it affected her directly." If I figured out something like that, I'd call my closest friend and try to calm down a little bit. Do we know if his GF asked her friend to call?

That's good. Give him a fair trial and then execute him.
:biglaugh: Love that sense of humor of yours!

Now I'm off to ponder that girlfriend of his..........

Forgive me, as I have been M.I.A. since early Tuesday and I only just read the news today that Bri's killer had been caught. I really don't have the time to read all the articles and everything that has been posted.

Does anyone know if it is known WHERE Biela lived or frequented when he moved away from Reno in March?
I'm sure the police are looking into this, but it would be interesting to be able to do a little research on our own.

Also, I agree with many of the other posters who have stated that they don't feel he looks very much like the sketch. I can see a resemblance in the eyes mostly, but the sketch looks like someone much thinner. I would not have ever suspected Biela going by that sketch. However, in some of the family photo's that have been released, mostly with him in his marine uniform, he looks much thinner, so I too am wondering when he gained all the extra weight.

Thank GOD for bringing justice to Bri and all those who have prayed for her case to be solved.

Biela lived in Spanish Springs which is about 20 minutes away from Reno.

Thanks, Ad. A lot of us thought he might be from the Sparks area for some reason.

This is excellent news! God bless Bri and her family and thank God another rapist/murderer is off of the street!!!

Welcome and I'm glad you're local to the case! :)

That's awfully prejudgemental...
Maybe so...but I have to agree to a certain extent. The father's appearance does give me pause.

We often wonder why these men turn out to be the monsters they are and we do look at the parents/upbringings for clues. The father appears to be very much outside of the norm. Does it indicate problems which began earlier in the family? It could or it could mean nothing.

That's awfully prejudgemental...

I don't think it's prejudgemental at all! If I saw that father hanging around a park with children I would tell them to beware!! He has a Charlie Manson look to me.

Thank God the rapist murderer was caught before harming anyone else. I thought the father of the suspect looked like he could be very ill, very thin and sickly. The tatoos were kind of strange though, especially the bow looking one under the neck.

Have anyone of the moderators checked to see if he created an account on here. Although I doubt that he used his real name.

This may have been asked before (if so, I apologize) but why did they blur the photos of his sister but not his brother? He's just as innocent as the sister, isn't he?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back